Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-21, 22:42   Link #761
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
With respect to Fourth, I can't imagine Minene being the kind of person who would ever do a favor for a police officer, especially one whom she was going out of her way to try and kill right from the start.

As to why he gave her the info about Fifth though, that I'm still a bit unsure about. If he used his diary to predict that she would save them, we have to ask ourselves why instead of just going to do it himself. Is he serious about trying to foster Minene as a potential ally, or at the very least have it so that she's not an immediate threat?

All of this begs the question as to just what Fourth's abnormality is. Every diary owner has something peculiar or just plain crazy about them; yet for everything we've seen, Fourth seems to be your average police officer. What's going in that head of his?
I don't think Fourth used his diary to predict Ninth would save them. After all, his diary is to only predict crimes before they occur and how to deal with them.

Which brings us to the next topic. Since we don't know anything about Fourth before the game began, we'll have to make educated guesses, I suppose. Perhaps he's what you'd specify as a "bad cop"? He preaches how he can't just sit by and watch crimes occur, but that means he could have seen Rei's crimes and the consequences coming. Why then, didn't he place stronger security with them? Why did the events just play out? Another weakness within police forces are loved ones. The risk of their jobs connecting directly to their families and close friends; who knows if that's what it is though, we don't have enough information at this point.

Another thing that I'd be interested in confirming is Fourth's weakness. Like Twelfth said, every diary has a strength, and that strength brings about its weakness. By simply reading where "crimes" will occur, can he spot where actions that don't lead to breaking the law where spawn from? How about if someone were to overload the phone with constant crimes? Could he pinpoint the exact one that will cause his own downfall?
Old 2011-11-22, 00:41   Link #762
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say maybe the reason Ninth saved those two was because she doesn't trust Fourth. Yuki is easy to understand and easy enough to see who Yuno cares about. But Fourth is a mystery and his actions are hard to read. Why let her go and just exchange contact information? Why leak that information instead of just going to save them himself? I think Ninth wants to keep more elements in play (especially ones she can understand) while Fourth is still out there.

In terms of Fourth's weaknesses, could say its that he only knows about things being investigated. If some diary user kills another, but no one notices then no crime will be reported. Now to get at Fourth himself is trickier. After all hard to believe even his disappearance wouldn't be investigated so he'd know a Dead End is coming. Though if there is little evidence it wouldn't give him much to work with.
Old 2011-11-22, 06:25   Link #763
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think it's very simple. Fourth and Ninth are attracted to each other... romantically. Both of them can relate to Yuki and Yuno... good guy with homicidal/axe crazy girl.

Fourth is order, Ninth is chaos... opposites. Starting to see it?

Also 5th was still a kid. Neither Yuki or Yuno got a death flag. The poison in the tomatoes was not enough to kill them and 4th was sort of "watching their back." The electrocutions were never enough to kill them. They were never in any real super duper danger was they were before.

Why did 4th stay away? Because there was going to be a missing kid in the morning. When the cops come flying, 9th is going to take the blame for kidnapping or killing him. 9th already has a ton of murder and terrorism charges against her. She's going to get blamed for the poison gas, tying up Yuki's mom, taking/killing the kid, etc.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:56   Link #764
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Also 5th was still a kid. Neither Yuki or Yuno got a death flag. The poison in the tomatoes was not enough to kill them and 4th was sort of "watching their back." The electrocutions were never enough to kill them. They were never in any real super duper danger was they were before.
Just gonna point out, if the poison took awhile to kill them, it wouldn't show up right away as a death flag. DEAD END is only displayed at the actual death, it could be a clever way to tricking someone into a dead end they can't escape actually.

With that said, if it wasn't going to kill them, there was no guarantee the hospital couldn't have done something about it.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:08   Link #765
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Not true, the diaries show quite far ahead, so there would be a dead end flag. My guess is that the poison was not as poisonous as thought. Notice that when Yuki was going to eat the poisoned tomato his diary said that he got sick and had to go to the hospital, he did not die. Similar to Yuno getting electrocuted.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:16   Link #766
Kakkou
Tch.

According to CDJapan, the second opening theme will be "Dead END" by Faylan and the ending will be an as of yet untitled Yousei Teikoku song. Hopefully they'll both live up to the first OP/ED.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 11:46   Link #767
Shikinami_
The Cabbage Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Not true, the diaries show quite far ahead, so there would be a dead end flag. My guess is that the poison was not as poisonous as thought. Notice that when Yuki was going to eat the poisoned tomato his diary said that he got sick and had to go to the hospital, he did not die. Similar to Yuno getting electrocuted.
I did notice this, but I never actually took it into account, I was getting all freaked out for nothing D:

But, what I wonder is how in the world did Rei manage to tie up Yukki's mother and then get her outside when she was unconscious...I don't think a young child would have the physical strength to do that >_>
Shikinami_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:25   Link #768
Dark Wing

Another thing that people need take into account is that even though Yuno is indeed insane she is also a very intelligent girl. Remember she was getting the top test marks in her class up until Yuki started using his diary to cheat.
Old 2011-11-22, 12:35   Link #769
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
According to CDJapan, the second opening theme will be "Dead END" by Faylan and the ending will be an as of yet untitled Yousei Teikoku song. Hopefully they'll both live up to the first OP/ED.
So they're going in reverse then, huh?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 12:42   Link #770
kitten320

Quote:
Yuno sees only what happens every 10 minutes while Yukki sees whole day, they have never ever looked any further than that. Yukki could easily die next morning like that.
Old 2011-11-22, 17:51   Link #771
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Yuno Gasai's HP has been completely restored.
Yuno Gasai's mana has been completely restored.
Yuno Gasai has cleared all debuffs.
Yuno Gasai has gained +200 Vengeance.
Yuno Gasai has gained +1000 Fury.
Yuno Gasai has gained Buff: Bloodlust.
Yuno Gasai has gained Buff: Invincibility
Yuno Gasai has activated God Mode.
Yuno Gasai performs Killing Spree.
Yukiteru Amano bonus BGM has been unlocked.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 19:19   Link #772
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I have to give bonus points to the writers when they showed Rei talking to his puppets about electrocution and he was talking about the amperage rather than the voltage of the current. (Mind you, half that credit must be taken away for showing the blackout happening after the wires went into the water rather than before, but I'll take what I can get.)
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 21:50   Link #773
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Yuno sees only what happens every 10 minutes while Yukki sees whole day, they have never ever looked any further than that. Yukki could easily die next morning like that.
Not true. Yuno's entries are 10 minutes apart, but she can read ahead in the entries to see what happens well into the future. We've seen her do it. In the 1st episode and 4th episode.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 01:35   Link #774
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
I have to give bonus points to the writers when they showed Rei talking to his puppets about electrocution and he was talking about the amperage rather than the voltage of the current. (Mind you, half that credit must be taken away for showing the blackout happening after the wires went into the water rather than before, but I'll take what I can get.)
Don't students learn this in school anymore

Quote:
Not true. Yuno's entries are 10 minutes apart, but she can read ahead in the entries to see what happens well into the future. We've seen her do it. In the 1st episode and 4th episode.
True, just remember she can read ahead months, for example until her HAPPY/DEAD END.

On the other hand, it's not exactly practical considering:
1 entry per 10 minutes
is 6 entries per hour
144 entries per day
4320 entries per month

Assuming that each entry is one or two lines, in two months that would be 400-500 pages... your average novel, which makes long term planning somewhat impossible
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-23, 02:06   Link #775
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not when you're that young, you don't. I didn't learn that until 4th grade myself.
Old 2011-11-23, 03:31   Link #776
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I learned it through self-study when I was in 3rd grade. But it only came up once in school during 9th grade. There were no courses in middle school that involved anything related to physical science.
Old 2011-11-23, 04:31   Link #777
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Not when you're that young, you don't. I didn't learn that until 4th grade myself.
I meant IRL, by the way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I learned it through self-study when I was in 3rd grade. But it only came up once in school during 9th grade. There were no courses in middle school that involved anything related to physical science.
9th grade sounds about right, by then you should have covered Ohm's law, after some boring mechanical physics (which require the ability to solve 2nd degree equation and calculate square roots, but are so boring without knowledge of differential equations) and I can not think of a better example to display the effects of electricity during its introduction than explain how electrocution works

In between I remember covering it in middle also, but never really understood the whys until early university, when I had more knowledge and time to look into it by myself.
Old 2011-11-23, 09:15   Link #778
kitten320

Quote:
But once again she only sees that for one day, none of them ever bothered to check what will happen in a week. All the entries they checked were only for the current day they have.
What is pretty stupid since Deus said that they have entries for 90 days.
Old 2011-11-23, 11:24   Link #779
Malkuth
Banned

^ Weird, if they can see only 90 days, how could Yuno see her end bound to occur on the 28th of July, since the start of the game
Old 2011-11-23, 12:06   Link #780
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Fifths diary seemed rather underpowered compared to the other diary holders.

What was it again? It only showed predictions 3 times a day? Morning, mid-day and night? I know he's at a young age and he only had a picture book but surely the picture book had more pages? XD

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere