AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 21:57   Link #7821
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

*plugs ears* La la la la la, la la la la la.

Wonder who will get that reference. That seems too messed up for even the Black Knights. They can't possibly believe such a ploy would work.
Old 2008-07-22, 21:59   Link #7822
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post

Wonder who will get that reference. That seems too messed up for even the Black Knights. They can't possibly believe such a ploy would work.
Can they believe in anything anymore should they learn Lelouch's identity?
Old 2008-07-22, 22:01   Link #7823
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They may feel betrayed, but they're not idiots. They should know better than to trust Britannia.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:02   Link #7824
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Can they believe in anything anymore should they learn Lelouch's identity?
I don't think that his identity alone will turn them against him, he has proven on more then several occasions that he has little love for Britannia. If anything it will be the fact that he has the geass power to bend people to his will and that he caused the Euphie massacre that will turn them against him.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:02   Link #7825
eaglei3

Quote:

Ummm the reference is like 50 million things with la la la in it?

I could possibly see it as being a desperation move. If it happens after a certain battle or other events, they could possibly believe that turning over Lelouch would be best for them and take the risk of being granted back something.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:05   Link #7826
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

I keep hearing about this spoiler that Nina will put her new bomb, Freya onto the Lancelot.
This seems both likely and yet unlikely. I can see how the xenophobic Nina would care less how many Japanese could die.
This one actually isn't a rumor, as Schneizel mentions it in episode 15.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:05   Link #7827
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
They may feel betrayed, but they're not idiots. They should know better than to trust Britannia.
They should, but they probably won't
Old 2008-07-22, 22:06   Link #7828
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Vancome lady. After the nuke they might be pushed to it, but not before.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:07   Link #7829
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Vancome lady. After the nuke they might be pushed to it, but not before.
The same guy said that the nuke and another event alongside of it would be the final breaking point for the Orders betrayal. Now I'm starting to hope that Ougi's seiyu about his character not getting a break comes true and he fires like the flounder that he is in this tank full of piranhas
Old 2008-07-22, 22:07   Link #7830
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
The new spoiler/speculation from the same source say Ougi and the Order have instead opted to hand Lelouch over to the Emperor should they capture him in exchange for the liberation of Japan I believe. As for Sayako, nobody said anything about her or how many people were going to stick with Lelouch to the end so that's still up in the air for the time being.
I heard about that, but that also seems unlikely. Why would they be so naive to think that just because they give the Emperor Lelouch the Emperor would just free all of Japan while he just takes over the rest of the world?
Toudo said they aren't fighting for cooperation with Britannia but for complete liberation.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:08   Link #7831
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
The new spoiler/speculation from the same source say Ougi and the Order have instead opted to hand Lelouch over to the Emperor should they capture him in exchange for the liberation of Japan I believe. As for Sayako, nobody said anything about her or how many people were going to stick with Lelouch to the end so that's still up in the air for the time being.
How do you ask the guy who conquered your own home to liberate it?

And what makes them even think they could barter a strong deal with him?

Sure Charles may go through with it or he may just not do it and leave it as it is.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:10   Link #7832
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I heard about that, but that also seems unlikely. Why would they be so naive to think that just because they give the Emperor Lelouch the Emperor would just free all of Japan while he just takes over the rest of the world?
Toudo said they aren't fighting for cooperation with Britannia but for complete liberation.
They kind of already are the rest of the world after Zero forms the Union of Nations... and after their abysmal performance without him at the head I tend to think it likely they could do something as idiotic as that... <_<

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
How do you ask the guy who conquered your own home to liberate it?

And what makes them even think they could barter a strong deal with him?

Sure Charles may go through with it or he may just not do it and leave it as it is.
Personally, I'm hoping this bites them in the ass if it does happen, and they come crawling back to Lelouch on bended knees with large offerings of pizza for C.C
Old 2008-07-22, 22:10   Link #7833
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
This one actually isn't a rumor, as Schneizel mentions it in episode 15.
Schneizel mentioned "Damocles" after the test.

He had mentioned Lloyd and Suzaku earlier, when he first walked into the room and was talking about something else, but then changed the subject.

I don't think that works as direct confirmation of putting the bomb on Lancelot, at least not yet.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:14   Link #7834
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Personally, I'm hoping this bites them in the ass if it does happen, and they come crawling back to Lelouch on bended knees with large offerings of pizza for C.C
Given what's been happening I'm more than confident that the Knights are capable of holding their own. Besides, didn't the director stated that this season would be testing their capabilities as a true organization? A true organization should not collapse entirely just because their top director went down and they have quite capable commanders (unless they intend to really dumb down Xing Ke and Toudo)

I suppose they COULD use Lelouch as a bargaining chip at the negotiation table for borders but still.

I mean if Charles wanted his son back badly.....
Old 2008-07-22, 22:30   Link #7835
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Schneizel mentioned "Damocles" after the test.

He had mentioned Lloyd and Suzaku earlier, when he first walked into the room and was talking about something else, but then changed the subject.

I don't think that works as direct confirmation of putting the bomb on Lancelot, at least not yet.
I noticed the reference to the Democles, but Damocles was a man. There is the anecdote about the Sword of Damocles, but the story isn't about some great weapon.
the tale is about a man named Damocles who while talking to Dionysius, the tyrant king, about how great it must be for him to be powerful, rich and servants. Dionysius asked Damocles if he would like to have his place for a day. Naturally, he agreed.
At the end of the first day of living as king there was a great banquet. It wasn't until the end of the meal that Damocles noiced that a sword was hanging directly over his head. The sword was hanging by a single horse hair. After that he said he no longer wanted to feel like a king.

Dionysius taught Damocles that even though as king you have great power and riches, but always hanging over your head, unseen, is great danger that could kill you at any time.

Though when I think about it. Schniezel could be using this weapon as a deterrent to future wars. Maybe he will create a great fortress in space, or high in the sky that will house these bombs.
It will hang over the head of the countries as a constant threat. If they try to rise up or start a war they will drop the bomb, sword, onto the head and wipe them away. Guess that really would make Schniezel the great tryant in the story.
Though they also though, in our world, that the atomic bomb would do the same thing.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:36   Link #7836
Kusaja

Quote:
Though when I think about it. Schniezel could be using this weapon as a deterrent to future wars. Maybe he will create a great fortress in space, or high in the sky that will house these bombs.
That would explain the mysterious space thingy in the opening sequence, wouldn't it? My bet would be yes.

Quote:
It will hang over the head of the countries as a constant threat. If they try to rise up or start a war they will drop the bomb, sword, onto the head and wipe them away. Guess that really would make Schniezel the great tryant in the story.
Though they also though, in our world, that the atomic bomb would do the same thing.
For some reason, I can somehow imagine the final couple of episodes being about disabling such a weapon, if that turns out to be Schneizel's plan.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:39   Link #7837
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Given what's been happening I'm more than confident that the Knights are capable of holding their own. Besides, didn't the director stated that this season would be testing their capabilities as a true organization? A true organization should not collapse entirely just because their top director went down and they have quite capable commanders (unless they intend to really dumb down Xing Ke and Toudo)

I suppose they COULD use Lelouch as a bargaining chip at the negotiation table for borders but still.

Bah, they start acting competent right after kicking Lelouch out before he could harvest it after all his effort in fostering their growth, it that it? Either way they'll learn soon enough not to mess with the Black Prince and rue they day they decide to betray him. He's not out of this fight just yet... >_>
Old 2008-07-22, 22:39   Link #7838
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:

Its possible to use him as bargaining chip like his own father used him in the past which is really messed up. There would be total Chaos if Zero does go down hill and the people will think " who will lead them" and such. Xing ke can't lead the Black knights he has a duty to protect the loli. Toudo is a good strategist but doesn't have a enthusiastic character like zero. It's either request for his return or make CC a hostage.
Old 2008-07-22, 22:40   Link #7839
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:

Well, we know that Charles has a soft spot for Suzaku because that he was willing to sell his friend to change Britannia from the inside - so why wouldn't he have a soft spot for an organization who'd sell it's leader to attain their goals?
Old 2008-07-22, 22:42   Link #7840
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Its possible to use him as bargaining chip like his own father used him in the past which is really messed up. There would be total Chaos if Zero does go down hill and the people will think " who will lead them" and such. Xing ke can't lead the Black knights he has a duty to protect the loli. Toudo is a good strategist but doesn't have a enthusiastic character like zero. It's either request for his return or make CC a hostage.
Well, actually if you combine Ougi who manages to rally people behind him well enough with Toudoue's strategic mind they could probably fill in that hole. Still, they shall soon regret their folly as they lay broken underneath the Black Prince's boot!!
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories