AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-10-22, 03:07   Link #7861
Seitsuki
Onee!

So much for 'in a fight between Teigu users, someone dies'.
Old 2014-10-22, 03:37   Link #7862
One_Eye_Ghost

Doesn't anyone else feel bad for Esdeath. I mean, she's had to go through THREE CONSECUTIVE shocking revelation, one chapter after another

Chapter 51: [Shocked] Finds out Tatsumi is part of Night Raid
Chapter 52: [Shocked] Finds out Tatsumi's in a relationship
Chapter 53: [Shocked] Finds out Tatsumi's girlfriend is Mine
One_Eye_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 04:04   Link #7863
_Winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Eye_Ghost View Post
Doesn't anyone else feel bad for Esdeath. I mean, she's had to go through THREE CONSECUTIVE shocking revelation, one chapter after another

Chapter 54: [Shocked] Finds out Tatsumi has a harem back home

The part when Esdeath says that she will be Budou's opponent bugs me a little.Why does she would go that far,I mean,go up against Budou to protect that PM? Because he allows her to kill and torture?
_Winds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 04:33   Link #7864
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Eye_Ghost View Post

I'm pretty sure Esdeath's victims all had it worse.
Old 2014-10-22, 05:17   Link #7865
cadu_

When Mein said that Tatsumi was her boyfriend,i thought she would die in the next page...
Old 2014-10-22, 05:23   Link #7866
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Winds View Post
Chapter 54: [Shocked] Finds out Tatsumi has a harem back home
I would love to see her reaction

Quote:
The part when Esdeath says that she will be Budou's opponent bugs me a little.Why does she would go that far,I mean,go up against Budou to protect that PM? Because he allows her to kill and torture?
No clue. the strange thing in my opinion is that after Budou said what the prime priority is I thought he would thought to deal with the PM afterwards. Can Esdeath read minds or said he that loud .

An other Question is the chapter name. Does someone know what "adviestery" means?

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 05:28   Link #7867
cadu_

Esdeath doesnt care about the prime minister,she just like war. She was satisfied because after dealing with the Revolutionary army there will still be Budou.
Old 2014-10-22, 05:38   Link #7868
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post

An other Question is the chapter name. Does someone know what "adviestery" means?
Think it's meant to be "adversity"...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 06:04   Link #7869
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
I would love to see her reaction

No clue. the strange thing in my opinion is that after Budou said what the prime priority is I thought he would thought to deal with the PM afterwards. Can Esdeath read minds or said he that loud .

Oh i just realized only Tatsumi left as a boy at Night Raid while the others already KIA

Girls only 4 remaining.. Surely things will be messed up now XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:12   Link #7870
Sixth
Hu Tao

Next chapter:

Mein was defeated.

Mein: Urghhhh...Tatsumi..I am sorry...
Esdeath: DIE MAGGOT! *going to land a killing blow*
Tatsumi: STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!
Honest: STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!
Tatsumi/Esdeath/Mein: !!???!??
Honest: I want that girl alive.
Esdeath: WHY?
Tatsumi: WHY?
Mein: WHAT?
Honest: Isn't this is obvious?
Emperor: HONEST!!! STOP THAT.
Honest: WHY?
Emperor: You are an old man...and she just a little girl. HAVE YOU NO SHAME?
Honest: But...but..But...
Emperor: OK, bring that girl to my room.
Honest: WHAT!???
Emperor: Come on Honest, you already have plenty concubines out there...I also want to have fun.
Tatsumi: YOU BASTARD! STOPPPPPPPPP!!
Emperor: Lalalalala..I hear nothing.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:18   Link #7871
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Think it's meant to be "adversity"...
Oh, that would make a lot more sense .

Old 2014-10-22, 07:18   Link #7872
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This chapter reminds me why I don't get Budou's role as a character.
Thus far, Budou was portrayed as your staunch defender of the empire, without really any interest in politics nor morale values whatsoever.
Yet it is yet another instance where he is obviously not happy with Onest screwing around. But why only now?

His purpose and mindset are just conflicting with the state of the empire. Budou is obviously not the kind of abide to bribes, threat whatsoever, so letting slide Onest's antics thus far is just nonsense no matter how you look at it.

So really, Budou feels like a plain plot device instead of a genuine character in AGK.

At least, Takahiro didn't screw up Tatsumi and Esdeath stances about each other, so the outcome was obvious. I'm more concerned about Najenda right now, since it is unlikely she will survive the ordeal. She has much more death flags than Mine right now.
Old 2014-10-22, 07:23   Link #7873
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
This chapter reminds me why I don't get Budou's role as a character.
Thus far, Budou was portrayed as your staunch defender of the empire, without really any interest in politics nor morale values whatsoever.
Yet it is yet another instance where he is obviously not happy with Onest screwing around. But why only now?

His purpose and mindset are just conflicting with the state of the empire. Budou is obviously not the kind of abide to bribes, threat whatsoever, so letting slide Onest's antics thus far is just nonsense no matter how you look at it.

So really, Budou feels like a plain plot device instead of a genuine character in AGK.

At least, Takahiro didn't screw up Tatsumi and Esdeath stances about each other, so the outcome was obvious. I'm more concerned about Najenda right now, since it is unlikely she will survive the ordeal. She has much more death flags than Mine right now.
Budou is your typical "evil" character. They knew the "darkness lurking" but choose to do nothing, until everything became so severe then they only decide to step in only to get job.
Old 2014-10-22, 07:24   Link #7874
saw2097

Well we have around two more character deaths coming up, and Tatsumi is stuck in between the mother of all cat fights.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:25   Link #7875
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

In fact, Budou and Wave have several thing in common. Both know that the empire isn't a great place, nevertheless they stay calm in order to fulfill their duty as soldiers. The problem of Budou is that he hasn't that much screen time yet ( regardless if he will ever get more) so its complicated to understand what he is really thinking.

Old 2014-10-22, 07:26   Link #7876
Homura7

It baffles me the way everyone is addressing Lubbock.

We know he's dead and gone, we saw him being cut in half. And yet, the chapter makes it like we have not yet seen the last of him.

And all together is leading to think Dorothea is experimenting with his dead body. Oh boy...
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:28   Link #7877
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Budou is your typical "evil" character. They knew the "darkness lurking" but choose to do nothing, until everything became so severe then they only decide to step in only to get job.
He reminds me more of a lawful neutral (going by the D&D's allignment system) character. Because it looks to me that it doesn't matter to him if his actions are good or evil, as long as he follows orders of the king
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 07:29   Link #7878
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In fact, Budou and Wave have several thing in common. Both know that the empire isn't a great place, nevertheless they stay calm in order to fulfill their duty as soldiers. The problem of Budou is that he hasn't that much screen time yet ( regardless if he will ever get more) so its complicated to understand what he is really thinking.
There is a glaring difference between Wave and Budou.

Wave acknowledges the empire is screwed, but as a soldier, he is following the orders.

Budou is a frigging general who is pretty much the topgun of the empire, military wise. There is no way for him to be shackled by Onest, and it was shown more often than not.
That's why I'm not convinced at all by Budou's purpose as a character, exactly because there is no damn reason for him to let Onest do whatever he wants.

Even if we assume that the brat emperor told Budou to be lenient, it doesn't make any sense that Budou changes his mind -now-. The empire was fucked for quite some time along with the Revolutionary army being active for quite some time, so his decision doesn't add up with the facts.
Old 2014-10-22, 07:34   Link #7879
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
He reminds me more of a lawful neutral (going by the D&D's allignment system) character. Because it looks to me that it doesn't matter to him if his actions are good or evil, as long as he follows orders of the king
For me, that is "evil".

here is some quote for these kind of characters.

Quote:
It has been said that for evil men to accomplish their purpose it is only necessary that good men should do nothing
and Budou just did that.
Old 2014-10-22, 07:36   Link #7880
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
And all together is leading to think Dorothea is experimenting with his dead body. Oh boy...
Hope not, although is not impossible.
But what happened with his teigu. Maybe we will get a similar scene like when mine retrieved ecstasy but this time with Najenda. Or she will battle Izou when she find out that he is responsible for Lubbock death.

Last edited by Estzero1; 2014-10-22 at 08:00.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!