AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-16, 07:20   Link #7881
Eratas123

@ Zero - How come? I don't see any unauthorized personnel on IS academy in your fic.

@ Meister - Does that include adopted kids too?
Old 2011-11-16, 07:31   Link #7882
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Speaking breaking the canon, this struck my mind when I was asleep yesterday:
Spoiler for Out Shift:

And here's the info for the unit:
Spoiler for Stuffs:
Old 2011-11-16, 07:34   Link #7883
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Speaking breaking the canon, this struck my mind when I was asleep yesterday:
Spoiler for Out Shift:

And here's the info for the unit:
Spoiler for Stuffs:
Uchigane? Does that mean it's evolving form an I.S.

Oh wait nope, I missed some part.
Old 2011-11-16, 07:39   Link #7884
Eratas123

@ Stratos - I'm confused, will this mech be used in your other fic?

@ Zero - Can you help me think of a way for Irish and Yamada to get closer when they first interact? I need something here, please senpai *Bows down in humility*
Old 2011-11-16, 07:42   Link #7885
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Stratos - I'm confused, will this mech be used in your other fic?
Something I planned for the sequel, yeah. Since I plan to have Tsurugi enroll in the Academy... Though I still need to figure out the enrolling part.

Then again, how does the Out Shift thing sound?

Also, uploading draft sketches of the Minerva Kai and Arete on me DA account.
Old 2011-11-16, 07:43   Link #7886
demino_hellsin
That one guy

America sending Rong to IS academy also solves another political conundrum for them. Given his crimes, it's clear that he should get the death penalty. But I have yet to hear of a world court willing to give a teen the death penalty, actually that's one of the choices the other countries have given America. In order to save themselves from humiliation of legally putting a 15 year old to death, they offered him a choice of being a study project for the AE, while under chains. This is averted, again because of Fillia. Fillia has a sibling who is also an IS pilot, one of the top in the military(and therefore isn't shown much) so her influence was used.

Fillia went to IS academy on condition that Rong was to be her bodyguard and he would be treated like a student. His crimes are still listed but his time would be served as Fillia's personal aid of sorts(officially).

Why Rong is roomed with Ichika... well... didn't really think it over other than the fact that both are guys. And Rong's entrance into IS is direct government intervention, making the affair very sticky.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-16, 07:49   Link #7887
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras

Easy that is, Yamada, while clumsy and naive, has her own serious side and got a lot of understanding when it comes to handling kids (a mother type, not a lover type maybe?). So if a guy date her, he'll felt like having a mother and a daughter at the same time.

That aside, the same can be said for Irish, even though the relationship is mostly familial. Yamada act like a caring mom he ever had, but unlike her, Yamada is more responsible. Think Replacement Goldfish played straight.

Irish of course reject at first, but Yamada's power is not only responsibility, kind and caring heart, but persistence. She's like a ditzy and less active version of Tatenashi, she wont give up until she get what she wanted.

By showing Irish love and Care, Yamada will earn it.

Yamada: "Those eyes of him, he had it rough...."

Chifuyu: "Sure, obvious"

Yamada: "You think he doesn't he deserve love?"

Chifuyu: "I never said that, but this world just that perverse......You do realize we keeping his father figure as hostage right? Frankly, some oblivious civilian will saw us as monster, we aren't, we're basically disguised soldier... soldiers that do their job to keep the balance of the world"
Old 2011-11-16, 07:55   Link #7888
Eratas123

@ demino_hellsin - Um...America wouldn't have been called out considering Rong's crimes. Murder of a person can be excused and might cause controversy if they kill him. On the other hand, hostage taking, bombing and massacring civilians really won't make any country pity him when America decides to Ax him.

Fillia really sounds like she has extreme stockholms syndrome. Not only going with him but asking her sister to cover for him? That take's some dedication.

A lot of us spend weeks and even months here discussing so our pacing has no holes, Ichika being roomed with him is a huge hole since it looks really odd from an outsiders perspective. They'd give him his own room rather than have him board with the only male pilot.

Side note - The government didn't tell him that he couldn't compromise his identity? I'm pretty sure they would've told him "Don't say you're a criminal or else!" or something to that effect. The class not being bothered by it just looks ridiculous considering the fact that even the teacher seems not too broken up about it.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:02   Link #7889
Eratas123

@ Zero - My internet is so slow that I can't even edit! I'll just post it here, sorry.

I meant when they first meet. My plan was that Irish would pretend to be Yamada's adopted son in order to give him an excuse to enter the academy, they would first meet this way.

Though I have doubts on this method since people in ISA might question her why she has a son who's only seven years younger than her. Neither of them would be able to find an excuse for this.

Also, the first time they spend with each other is when people get suspicious as to why he never spends time with her despite being adopted and he spends a day with her. This is when she'll notice his odd behavior.

Can you think of another way for the two to meet?
Old 2011-11-16, 08:05   Link #7890
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, the only one I have a problem is reaction for the people, the rest might be fine though.

Notice that Laura has not much friends prior to her defeat at the hand of Ichika, where she had her old identity shattered and has to rebuild it from scratch.

Why? The girls are DAMN AFRAID of her.

And notice Laura doesn't even reveal her background as soldier, the girls just afraid of her like that. What stopped them from felt something is odd from Rong? and no, act can work, but as one who has killed many in cold blood can look harmless at all (Case in point, Mwu La Flaga and Andy Waltfeld from Gundam Seed, also gundam meisters in Gundam 00)

Second, the rooming, I can't see Ichika accept him that easily considering Charles' incident... at best, Ichika would be suspicious of him and tried to ask around but denied, and back to above reason, looking at Rong's eyes while give him some clues.

@Eras as I said there's no freaking way Yamada will Ignore him, since Irish pretend to be her child, Yamada will do her part, times 300.

Quote:

Though I have doubts on this method since people in ISA might question her why she has a son who's only seven years younger than her. Neither of them would be able to find an excuse for this.

Also, the first time they spend with each other is when people get suspicious as to why he never spends time with her despite being adopted and he spends a day with her. This is when she'll notice his odd behavior.
Plot hole spotted, you can excuse him being adopted! And once again Yamada WILL NOT ignore him, period, even IF Tatenashi is with him all the time.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:05   Link #7891
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

I like how this discussion is going... since I do plan for Inami to pay frequent visits to the ISA as a personal combat trainer for Tsurugi.

While he does have a good history with the canon characters, I'm not exactly sure how the entire school would react to the existence of the Minerva.

Also, sketches!

Minerva Kai (Though I admit the feet look weird there XD)

Arete
Old 2011-11-16, 08:06   Link #7892
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm leaning onto the part where they don't believe he's really a terrorist because he acts so normal. Or that normal people don't know how bad his situation really is because all that was said was that he's a criminal, period. When he freaks out they realize exactly how screwed up inside he is.

Fillia spent months with Rong in the terrorist hideout where she was kept. She became a part of the AE project for that time. She became Rong's moral anchor and Fillia kind of understood that she was the only person that Rong trusted at that point.

The Americans were thinking about hiding his identity but it seemed some other countries leaked the general situation already, they haven't exactly pinpointed which terrorist acts are Rong's but he did some pretty atrocious stuff.

EDIT: Fillia's part in development. AE needed actual combat data in a fight with an IS. Fillia's unarmed factory-tuned IS made good practice.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:13   Link #7893
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I like how this discussion is going... since I do plan for Inami to pay frequent visits to the ISA as a personal combat trainer for Tsurugi.

While he does have a good history with the canon characters, I'm not exactly sure how the entire school would react to the existence of the Minerva.
That's going to be messy...I also have no convincing reason for Josh to show up there. That's why he only shown in everywhere (Kirishima Industries, I.S. Grand Colosseum in Rome, bar in Odaiba...) EXCEPT I.S. Academy

Quote:
Also, sketches!

Minerva Kai (Though I admit the feet look weird there XD)

Arete
Oh I.N.V.U! I still couldn't get a scanner!

Metaru Worufu
Old 2011-11-16, 08:16   Link #7894
HasuMasu
*Artist

What would you guys think of this idea:

Ichika and Charlotte are together, one day, Charlotte follows a mysterious little girl to a dark alley, where she suddenly finds herself in a place she doesn't recognize at all, in this place she meets...someone, this someone reveals to her that Ichika will eventually die for her sake, Charlotte being Charlotte ofcourse doesn't want this to happen, so the someone strikes a deal with her, and that is he can prevent Ichika from dying because of her, only if she sells him all the time she has spent with Ichika, and all the time she will ever spend with Ichika, essentially making her a stranger to Ichika, Charlotte eventually accepts and this someone reveals that the mysterious girl was the image of what their future daughter would've looked like.

The story ends with Charlotte and Ichika passing eachother by, Charlotte still with her memories and the knowledge of what there could've been, but decides it was the right thing to do, and walks away, letting Ichika go with a teary smile on her face.

Cookie for whoever gets the reference.

Comments?
Old 2011-11-16, 08:17   Link #7895
Eratas123

@ Zero - i meant people might question her as to why she adopted a son only 7 years her junior. Remember, most of ISA are perverts, they wouldn't ignore the fact that these two could be in a secret relationship.

The reason she agrees to the "adoption" is because Chifuyu asks her and promises that he won't bother her. I guess she was expecting a child or a toddler and not a 14 year old shota.

Can you tell me why Yamada won't ignore him though? Why would she think it's any of her business that Irish acts oddly? It's not like he'll tell her that he's a prisoner and a former child soldier.

@ Stratos - Then make them train in private, there's a lot of rooms in ISA that aren't used, you can use those.

@ demino_hellsin - Months with him? That makes more sense! The way you posted it earlier, it seems like they only knew each other for a few days at most.

America really wouldn't have bothered hiding his identity though, they hate terrorist especially after 9/11. Trying to protect a terrorist is near impossible for them. If he was found in Japan for example, they would've tried to protect him, not america though.

@ Box - Spiderman: Another Day. God I hated that comic! Peter acted like a dumbshit and refused to let his aging aunt move on and accept her death.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:21   Link #7896
HasuMasu
*Artist

Wow, that was fast, I guess it was too obvious, nonetheless I'm really tempted to write this, I haven't written a CharlotteXIchika oneshot yet.

And this is the only way I think I'll be able to do it.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:26   Link #7897
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Box, One More Day? Anyway, it's canon discontinuity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Zero - i meant people might question her as to why she adopted a son only 7 years her junior. Remember, most of ISA are perverts, they wouldn't ignore the fact that these two could be in a secret relationship.

The reason she agrees to the "adoption" is because Chifuyu asks her and promises that he won't bother her. I guess she was expecting a child or a toddler and not a 14 year old shota.

Can you tell me why Yamada won't ignore him though? Why would she think it's any of her business that Irish acts oddly? It's not like he'll tell her that he's a prisoner and a former child soldier.
One, maternal instinct, and Irish is her responsibility, and taking care of a child doesn't only require you to feed him but gave him attention, love and care, (yeah Irish is a teen, but he's also late bloomer LOL).

I'll be more surprised if Yamada treat him as "Me? keeping a child? why not, just let him wanders around here" or "Child terrorist eh? Let me keep an eye of him and pretend to be his mother", that's definitely OOC.

Two, it was inexplicably DUMB for anyone (especially Chifuyu) not to tell Yamada about his real back-story. Yamada is a teacher not a pawn, and she can keep it a secret, she's professional, as dizty as she is.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:27   Link #7898
Eratas123

@ Box - Might cause some tears but go ahead, it'll be unique to say the least. At least the reasons are better than Peter's (Right, cause Reed Richards can't heal a bullet wound for some reason )

EDIT: @Zero - Chifuyu would probably tell her that he's dangerous and that she shouldn't get too attached to him. The only thing they'll say is that he's done some things and nothing more, telling her might put her in danger.

Irish would also try to push her away and tell her that he's not really her son so she should drop the mother act. Would she still push even after he says this?
Old 2011-11-16, 08:31   Link #7899
HasuMasu
*Artist

Exactly, for all his power, Doctor Strange apparently can't even do that.

Will begin after getting off my lazy ass...again.
Old 2011-11-16, 08:34   Link #7900
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Oh yeah, I was thinking of a scene of Rong being in the cafeteria just peacefully eating lunch. Then a news report of him gets shown.

How bad would the repercussions be? Any suggestions?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest