AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-05-03, 16:32   Link #7901
Lucidrago

But really It's just one holy sword compared to all the things Kiba and Siegfried had. So why does Arthur get special treatment and Irina doesn't. We've seen Irina fight way more than we've seen Arthur fight. And Irina hasn't failed to match up so far.

It's really just people's opinion on what we think seems more powerful.

Really here's the logic:

Durandal+Excalibur+Avalon>Hauteclere

But yet somehow people will reject this:

Gram+4 other powerful demonic swords+Twice Critical>Collbrande

Or this

Gram+4 powerful demonic swords+two Sacred Gears+2 powerful Balance Breakers>Collbrande

Yet no one's saying that Arthur needs an upgrade.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 17:24   Link #7902
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
But really It's just one holy sword compared to all the things Kiba and Siegfried had. So why does Arthur get special treatment and Irina doesn't. We've seen Irina fight way more than we've seen Arthur fight. And Irina hasn't failed to match up so far.

It's really just people's opinion on what we think seems more powerful.

Really here's the logic:

Durandal+Excalibur+Avalon>Hauteclere

But yet somehow people will reject this:

Gram+4 other powerful demonic swords+Twice Critical>Collbrande

Or this

Gram+4 powerful demonic swords+two Sacred Gears+2 powerful Balance Breakers>Collbrande

Yet no one's saying that Arthur needs an upgrade.
You're forgetting the main factor here which is "skill". Yes, Arthur's Collbrande only has one ability while Kiba's swords and several abilities but it really comes down to skill and swordsmanship. Kiba has outright admitted that Arthur is superior and that's mainly because of his skill. Vol 19 is a Prime of example of their battle against Strada. Kiba, Xenovia, and Irina couldn't do anything against Strada but Arthur was the only one who could match him which shows the difference in skill. Strada stomp all the swordsman in Rias peerage and Irina despite only having a Durandal replica because of his superior skill.

Now when it comes to Xenovia and Irina I said they both were equal in skill but Xenovia is seen superior because she has more armaments and equipment. If Xenovia and Irina fight using just wooden swords then it would end in a draw but give him their swords to which Xenovia has a more variety of then you see why Xenovia is viewed to be superior to Irina.

Xenovia (just Durandal) = Irina (Hauteclere)

Xenovia (Durandal + True Excalibur + Avalon)>>>>>> Irina (Hauteclere)
syzorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 17:36   Link #7903
syzorst
syzorst

Why did Rias hide Crom Cruach identity until Vol 23?
Old 2018-05-03, 17:47   Link #7904
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
You're forgetting the main factor here which is "skill". Yes, Arthur's Collbrande only has one ability while Kiba's swords and several abilities but it really comes down to skill and swordsmanship. Kiba has outright admitted that Arthur is superior and that's mainly because of his skill. Vol 19 is a Prime of example of their battle against Strada. Kiba, Xenovia, and Irina couldn't do anything against Strada but Arthur was the only one who could match him which shows the difference in skill. Strada stomp all the swordsman in Rias peerage and Irina despite only having a Durandal replica because of his superior skill.

Now when it comes to Xenovia and Irina I said they both were equal in skill but Xenovia is seen superior because she has more armaments and equipment. If Xenovia and Irina fight using just wooden swords then it would end in a draw but give him their swords to which Xenovia has a more variety of then you see why Xenovia is viewed to be superior to Irina.

Xenovia (just Durandal) = Irina (Hauteclere)

Xenovia (Durandal + True Excalibur + Avalon)>>>>>> Irina (Hauteclere)
Basically this.

I really hope Irina gets a power-up soon.

But Syzorst, please don't double-post (or more).
Old 2018-05-03, 18:13   Link #7905
Lucidrago

But yet nothing proves that Xenovia is superior to Irina. You're really just making this up. If It's about having more armaments then like I said Kiba and Siegfried should be superior to Arthur.
Old 2018-05-03, 18:30   Link #7906
DragonOsman
Dragon King

"Nothing proves....", really? Even though Irina couldn't do a thing to Strada but Arthur can fight on par with both Old and Prime Strada?
Old 2018-05-03, 18:32   Link #7907
Lucidrago

I'm comparing Irina and Xenovia not Irina and Arthur. I just brought Arthur into it to show that not having as many armaments doesn't make you inferior.
Old 2018-05-03, 18:41   Link #7908
Parry999

Quote:
. And Irina hasn't failed to match up so far..
She's jobbed in almost all her fights and isn't even a natural holy sword wielder like xenovia. Kiba has two scared gears. Ishi almost hates her.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 18:57   Link #7909
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzorst View Post
Why did Rias hide Crom Cruach identity until Vol 23?
This is just my guess but It's probably for dramatic effect. I think it was smart on Rias' part to keep it under wraps so potential opponents (including Issei) would have less of a chance to formulate a counterattack.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 19:27   Link #7910
Lord Kai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
This is just my guess but It's probably for dramatic effect. I think it was smart on Rias' part to keep it under wraps so potential opponents (including Issei) would have less of a chance to formulate a counterattack.
What do you mean by that exactly?
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 19:41   Link #7911
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kai View Post
What do you mean by that exactly?
People knew Rias pawn was a god class so that only told them whoever replaced Issei was strong but with the reveal of Crom Cruach that did two things.

1.) Letting them know what kind of fighter they are dealing with.

2.) For intimidation. Many people was curious who was the God fighter that Rias had as a replacement for Issei but knowing It's Crom Cruach that gave a message to many teams which in turn made them drop out in fear. Similar how many gods drop out when they knew Indra was in the tournament. If anything many teams led by high and Ultimate Class devils drop out. Especially considering how easily Rias team completely stomped the Ultimate Class devil team as an example to demonstrate her team's power. To show that her team is not one to be messed with just because they don't have Issei.
Old 2018-05-03, 19:55   Link #7912
Lucidrago

You think they would get the message when they heard that Indra was competing. Or Typhon.

Really got to respect those that stuck through to the end like Sona and Seekvaira. And Riser.
Old 2018-05-03, 20:28   Link #7913
Deathraptor2016

@Lucidrago if you look the other way, Siegfried may need all of the that to match Arthur perhaps.

Also Arthur is listed as top 5 Strongest human in DxD which including monsters like Tobio, Cao Cao and Strada and is a Natural holy sword wielder.

But to fair, we haven't seen Xenovia and Irina fighting a detailed battle with their weapons in hand. Only way to judge what strong or the difference in strength would be feat or comparison.

These hero with Infinite passion, Never-ending knowledge, Incredible prowess, Towering resolve, Hardy adaptability, and Natural resilience, always overcome great odd.
Deathraptor2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 20:35   Link #7914
Blazor 98

Quote:
You think they would get the message when they heard that Indra was competing. Or Typhon.

Really got to respect those that stuck through to the end like Sona and Seekvaira. And Riser.
Yes, but the difference is Indra and Typhon top tier beings even among gods so that's to be expected. However no one expected that Rias (A devil who is still young rookie) would be able to recruit a Dragon who could rival top tier gods. I think the message was sent to mainly the devils who competed since none of the teams led by devils had such a huge contender on their teams. I'm sure some gods was surprised but not worried but to most devils teams they most likely gave up hope at that point. Here's how I imagine What they're thinking.

Beginning of the tournament

"Crap, bad enough that gods are competing but Indra and Typhon to? Well some gods drop out do to their participation so maybe we have a chance if we don't face them."

Over the course of the preliminaries.

"Did you hear that Rias Gremory have a new pawn to replace the Sekiryuutei? I heard it is a god class fighter. I wonder who it is. It may not be so bad"

Crom Crauch revealed:

"UNBELIEVABLE! Rias Gremory pawn is the legendary evil Dragon Crom Cruach? I heard he's the strongest Evil Dragon. This is the worst"

Rias team overwhelming victory against that Ultimate Devil team.

"I can't believe that team led by an Ultimate Class devil was beaten so one-sided. Crom Crauch is a monster. We might as well drop out"
Old 2018-05-04, 05:24   Link #7915
Lord Kai

I see, the element of surprise is a powerful weapon. If I had a fighter at the level of top tier gods why would I tell my opponents? Issei is doing the same by keeping Grayfia's identity a secret. Why tell your opponent you have the Underworld's strongest queen? We saw how Rias react when she first discovered who Issei's queen was. Furthermore remember how Sona gave so much trouble to Rias peerage in their rating game back in Vol 5? Sona was well prepared and took exact measures to deal with her peerage because she knew all about them. Ever since then, Rias will take every chance of secrecy.
Lord Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 06:07   Link #7916
Lucidrago

But now Crom Cruach has been revealed. And the other 15 teams aren't ones that can simply be steamrolled. Especially Cao Cao. You don't want to show him what you have or else he's going to see through it. Look at what he did in Volume 11. I would be more afraid of Cao Cao than I would anyone else.
Old 2018-05-04, 06:32   Link #7917
Blazor 98

Quote:
But now Crom Cruach has been revealed. And the other 15 teams aren't ones that can simply be steamrolled. Especially Cao Cao. You don't want to show him what you have or else he's going to see through it. Look at what he did in Volume 11. I would be more afraid of Cao Cao than I would anyone else.
Lol I'm sure Vali, Issei and Rias are aware of that but it goes both ways.
Old 2018-05-04, 09:47   Link #7918
Lucidrago

True.

Well Cao Cao constantly researches their opponents and finds their every weakness and exploits it though? Rias' and Issei's strength lies in their team's potential and their sudden unexpected power-ups.

He can easily see through the weakness of forms especially newly gained ones. He can probably come up with everyone's weakness on the team and come up with well-formulated tactics and strategies.

Issei's, Vali's, and Rias' weakness are teams that come up with well-formulated tactics and strategies that hit at their team's weakness. Tactical teams that research and exploit their opponents' team's weaknesses have a weakness themselves of being limited to the abilities they've seen or that their opponent has shown so far. It's very difficult to counter a new factor that throws a wrench into their well-formulated tactic and strategy. Like a new ability or form. Or a sudden unexpected power-up. It's easy to throw a team off by doing that and mess up your opponents' flow. While researching your opponent and exploiting their weaknesses can basically unnerve an opponent.
Old 2018-05-04, 14:23   Link #7919
syzorst
syzorst

Quote:
True.

Well Cao Cao constantly researches their opponents and finds their every weakness and exploits it though? Rias' and Issei's strength lies in their team's potential and their sudden unexpected power-ups.

He can easily see through the weakness of forms especially newly gained ones. He can probably come up with everyone's weakness on the team and come up with well-formulated tactics and strategies.

Issei's, Vali's, and Rias' weakness are teams that come up with well-formulated tactics and strategies that hit at their team's weakness. Tactical teams that research and exploit their opponents' team's weaknesses have a weakness themselves of being limited to the abilities they've seen or that their opponent has shown so far. It's very difficult to counter a new factor that throws a wrench into their well-formulated tactic and strategy. Like a new ability or form. Or a sudden unexpected power-up. It's easy to throw a team off by doing that and mess up your opponents' flow. While researching your opponent and exploiting their weaknesses can basically unnerve an opponent.
@Lucidrago Quetsion. Do you see any room for Rias to join Issei's Team after she lose?
Old 2018-05-04, 22:01   Link #7920
Lucidrago

No. I don't see him doing it. The whole point of Issei being a king and forming his own team is for him to be independent from Rias. That's ruined if Rias ever joins his team.

And while we know that those on teams that lost in the preliminaries can join one of the 16 teams, do we know if teams that made it into the Top 16 that lost can have their members join the teams that are still in. I can imagine a whole lot of problems arising from that. There's most likely a limit put in place for that.