AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 11:59   Link #7921
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Finally. *cracks brains*

Anyway, I already have a very rough idea, and it'll tie in the apparent existence of the Saint King being a prophet and a great leader of people in Ancient Belka.

The main point, I think I'll use Vivio for is to highlight the 'selfishness and ignorance of the Aces.'

Now...how to do that effectively... Hmm...

Vivio: Because you think of your own inferiority, because you're afraid of hurting others... you end up making them suffer. Mama, you're someone who places the weight of things on your own. It's a beautiful trait, but when you do so, and doesn't understand beyond the hearts of those who care for you and even those who doesn't matter to you... Are you aware of such?

Same to Fate-mama. She told me of her mothers... right now, all she has is loathe and contempt towards that man. Had she ever tried to see the world from his eyes? For someone who had lived for the sake of only those she can see with her eyes, isn't that just ignorance?

It's hard, but I'll see what I can crack out.
I can't imagine a girl that looks 6-7, and may have never stepped out of her can before say so much...

Now how to do it effectively indeed... Are we allowed to change how Vivio appeared?
Old 2007-08-27, 12:06   Link #7922
Wibbles
Better than you.

Aaron? Are you there? If you are, I need your input for a moment.

@ Kha: Vivio is necessary for the sheer MOE factor that she provides. As long as you put her in, everything will be fine.
Old 2007-08-27, 12:06   Link #7923
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Ah! I almost forgot .

Additional point to Guideline 3:

Feel free to develop the original cast in anyway you like, so as long as they don't deviate too much from their given characteristics.

I think the MSLN mangas should be very helpful here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
I can't imagine a girl that looks 6-7, and may have never stepped out of her can before say so much...

Now how to do it effectively indeed... Are we allowed to change how Vivio appeared?
Hmm, I think we'll keep that unchanged. Maybe another challenge would be to explain how the drones were destroyed after making contact with Vivio (whether she blew them up up herself or has her own Garyuu, etc, is up to you all). This is yet another thing that Seven Arcs have conveniently forgotten to explain so far .

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-27, 12:17   Link #7924
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:

Sure its hard to imagine a 6-7 years old say that, but she can, because apparently she was part of Project F as well. Erio said that. In theory she should have the memories of the King, though they appear to be sealed at the moment.

One way I would go about doing this is to make Vivio awaken much earlier, and that is before she BEFRIENDS Nanoha. Vivio would start messing everything up the moment she wakes up.
Old 2007-08-27, 12:23   Link #7925
Jimmy C

Er, I recall in ep11 Ginga mentioned that the pod they found was one for a child of 4 or 5. She's not 7.
Old 2007-08-27, 12:23   Link #7926
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
*Cautiously and curiously looking around* So this is the OC thread...

The reputation sure is under-rated.

Okay, folks, I won't call this a challenge, but rather an invitation, as Keroko has so nicely put it.

No rules, but maybe some guidelines to follow, and the rationale behind them:

Guideline1: Regarding Storyline and plot details

Try not to change the overall plot and any major story element that came before episode 11~12. Keep to whatever Tsuzuki-san has written up to there, and then be creative. Before #13, the story has been fairly coherent and consistent (true, we did argued intensively over the Tia incident but that really has little to do with the plot imho). I observe that it is from #13 that things really started going down-slope, and this is in-tie with the mis-use of Vivio. Since our motive is to improve her (for some of us, Scagliettishly), this should be a good point to start.

However, you are most welcome to edit any minor details that doesn't make sense to you. Fate and Nanoha's ridiculously large room and bed is one such detail. I strongly and sincerely suggest everyone do something that will make life in RF6 look more in line with actual military life. The officers in my unit don't live in such shamefully luxurious environments in-camp, not even the base commander, and I see no reason that RF6 should do the same. Let the officers all sleep in bunks and single-size beds like their (wo)men. What they do in their rooms is entirely their business of course (why am I giving leeway to the NxFers ), but ours is to make them actually look professional. Let's get rid of all suggestions of nepotism and corruption from RF6, shall we?

Guideline 2: Regarding Vivio herself

Please refrain from altering Vivio's origins and bio-data, namely:

1) She is an Artificial Magus created from the DNA of the Sei-ou, under the orders of the HC. No living relatives in the usual sense.

Source of DNA: Blood found on the Sei-Ou's Holy Burial Shroud, illegally obtained by Due via seduction of an unfortunate(?) clergyman. (keep true to the Doc's story).

2) Age: 6~7

3) Normal Appearance: As what she appears in the anime.

4) The purpose for creating her is to control the Cradle.

Don't change these 4 points. Other than that, let your imagination work wonders . Doppelgangers, alternate persona, hidden purpose, what your Vivio wants to do with the Cradle... etc. Just let it rip.

Just don't make her too perfect/over-powered.

Guideline 3: Cast

Since this IS the OC thread, I can foresee some of us just itching to include our own characters into the main cast.

Deh, sorry, but work with the original cast. You can let your OCs join in the fun as supporting characters and sort, but never allow them to take the limelight from the original cast. The idea is to see how Vivio and StrikerS can be improved with the resources that has been given to us until anime's #12. Keeping solely to the cast given would be more challenging too, if I'm to add .

These should be the important ones, I think. Nightengale suggested that we
and I find it sound advice.

Other than that... Have fun .
We can't change any major storyline event? Mwahahaha, my specialty!

I think I won't mess around with RF6's living habbits, though. This is the TSAB, after all, not the earth millitary.

Now what to do, what to do.... Using Keroko would go against guideline 3, despite the fact that she follows guideline 1 pretty much to the letter... Hmm....

Quote:

Not now, maybe, but Nighty has hinted this before as Vivio 'awakening' after becomming infused with the relic by scaglieti.
Old 2007-08-27, 12:37   Link #7927
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Er, I recall in ep11 Ginga mentioned that the pod they found was one for a child of 4 or 5. She's not 7.
Well, you know....

Konata is already 17~18, but she still has the body of a six-grader. Maybe the same applies to Vivio as well?

But I think it's okay if you want to make her 4 or 5. Folks, shall we decide her age?

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-27, 12:49   Link #7928
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Well, you know....

Konata is already 17~18, but she still has the body of a six-grader. Maybe the same applies to Vivio as well?

But I think it's okay if you want to make her 4 or 5. Folks, shall we decide her age?
Why not leave it as part of our realities? In one story she could be 4 or 5, in another 6 or 7, and so on, depending on the author.
Old 2007-08-27, 13:06   Link #7929
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Well, you know....

I think Konata is the same age as Kagami and Tsukasa, which is 16
And I think I recall in StrikerS that Vivio was around 6 years old
Old 2007-08-27, 13:23   Link #7930
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, the matter of Vivio's "age" is clearly a matter of debate, but, as said, it can be altered by others to go along with their work...I believe her official "age", however, is 4-6.

Again, expect another alternate V scene soonish. I'll base it before the Bureau's assault on the Cradle, but there'll be some changes, so to speak.
Old 2007-08-27, 13:42   Link #7931
AImost Pure
Cat Boy Mage Squad

Send a message via AIM to AImost Pure
After watching Episodes 14 and 15 (? I think) the Two parter I had a surge of inspiration to write a teaser for the next portion of Minea's Diaries. This is the prelude to what is going to occur over the next installments leading to the introduction of Division Six. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries Spoiler:
Old 2007-08-27, 14:10   Link #7932
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
After watching Episodes 14 and 15 (? I think) the Two parter I had a surge of inspiration to write a teaser for the next portion of Minea's Diaries. This is the prelude to what is going to occur over the next installments leading to the introduction of Division Six. Enjoy!

They have quite the relationship there...

I wonder what she's going to do with Hayate's data...

And a drug? I wonder what kind of drug you have in mind...
Old 2007-08-27, 15:17   Link #7933
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:

Things just keep getting more and more interesting
So Celesti has connections with Scaglietti...makes sense.
Nice relationship they have there
Old 2007-08-27, 15:30   Link #7934
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:

However, you are most welcome to edit any minor details that doesn't make sense to you. Fate and Nanoha's ridiculously large room and bed is one such detail. I strongly and sincerely suggest everyone do something that will make life in RF6 look more in line with actual military life. The officers in my unit don't live in such shamefully luxurious environments in-camp, not even the base commander, and I see no reason that RF6 should do the same. Let the officers all sleep in bunks and single-size beds like their (wo)men. What they do in their rooms is entirely their business of course (why am I giving leeway to the NxFers ), but ours is to make them actually look professional. Let's get rid of all suggestions of nepotism and corruption from RF6, shall we?
My issue with this is that this really isn’t any kind of real world military unit, your average army base is going to be housing THOUSANDS of guys, and this unit has like 10... (and you’re own rules forbid it growing much larger which really would be the most LOGICAL way to make it more militarily sound as it’s just too small for what it’s trying to do IMO.) in a building at least as large as a major apartment complex. Giant penthouses, okay a bit over the top, but apartments of a fair size are not out of place in my view. More so since they basiclly seem to be living on base and don’t appear to own their own residences (the forwards SURELY don’t) so somewhat higher standards then “cot in grey room the size of your closet” is justified.

Also the main cited example isn’t as bad as it might appear at a glance in my view for one it doesn’t seem to have any sort of kitchen (since all of them seem to eat in a mess) or possibly even a bath room. (Or at least showers as we see Vivio using the communal one used by the forwards at some point as I recall.) Which basiclly just renders it a somewhat oversized dorm room. Still slightly over the top perhaps, but not exactly a luxury condo or anything either.

I happen to support a more martial ethos and bent, but I don’t think the living accommodations are the issue here. Lack of discipline, scatter brained doctrine and lack of clear purpose (are they bodyguards, commandos, detectives!? Make up your mind!), sometimes poor decision making, an abysmal lack of intelligence throughout large portions of the series, and a radically inadequate size for it’s intended mission seem like much bigger issues then the fact some of it’s officers have pretty big rooms. Portraying competency, to me at least, doesn’t really entail having them all sleep in little concrete cubes. Also being TOO competent can be a problem in a story. If the heroes are ultra competent and figure everything quickly, make all the right moves, and win overwhelmingly… well militarily that’s great, from a story perspective, it sucks.

Just like bad guys can't be TOO competent (or you know, they'd WIN) neither can the good guys because they'd win too fast. Me I accepted long ago that in fiction people on both sides are going to, from time to time, act kinda stupid for the sake of the plot and drama. I really don't mind that anymore, could I think of better things to have done? usually, but most of those tend to result in some huge story altering event. (For instance sure Tarkin should have sent out ALL, or at least enough of his fighters to utterly defeat the threat no matter how small the attacking force, but if he did all the heroes die under a mountain of TIEs and the rebels get blasted, end of saga, not exactly acceptable.)
Old 2007-08-27, 16:37   Link #7935
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post

Hey, didnt Jeno do all the work there? What were the other two doing?

Nice little piece. Cant comment more...gotta go do some work.
I was only telling the story from his point of view

At that time, I hadn't thought of revealing the others just yet, but now I will...

Quote:
Zerging... Check. Ghost reporting... Check. The Swarm pulling a World of Warcraft reference... Check with .
Wait, what WoW reference?

And the 'Exterminator' was more like a pun Remember what was Cero's device's name?

Quote:
Mission Briefing... Check. Wait, where's the "'All Heroes Must Survive' line?"

Jeno: We do more than just survive!
Huh?

Quote:
And at many points, the attack yields were way beyond AAA... In fact, beyond S rank, especially when dealing with the Abomination.

But I like their music. And the inherent coolness almost completely distracted all eyes from the h4xx...
You overestimate then

OR, maybe because I was describing them too well cause none of them I had any intention of going above AAA in terms of damage
Old 2007-08-27, 17:24   Link #7936
Wibbles
Better than you.

I wrote up two new scenes. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Aftermath:

Spoiler for Grim Reunion:
Old 2007-08-27, 17:59   Link #7937
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Very intriguing piece there, AImost Pure. Leaves me wondering just what plans Celesti has with the Doctor. Two well-accomplished scientists in cahoots, especially in the case of Scaglietti and Celesti, is always interesting.

And, to Tk, I'm not being condescending, but it's only a series- you can't expect to it follow the actual layout of a military facility, as you have said, to the letter. And as for flaws made by the Riot Force in the series, that's the doing of the directors, and they do what they must...although, yes, some situations the characters were in could have required a bit more tactical thought by higher ups in the Bureau. I'm just saying, that's all.

And, presented here is a little conversion by between alternate V, the Numbers, and others. This is before the Bureau assault on the Cradle. I also plan to make one around the time the Numbers first show up, and a "Dark V" vs. Nanoha (!) scene in the future.

Spoiler for The Curtain Rises:

Uh...hm...

Now that I review this piece, I see quite a few flaws. I'm not exactly sure about the structure of it all, and I made up excuses for a few things (the new suit being an example- that is part of a proposed "upgrade scheme", but even then that's rather far-fetched...even though I like the new suit).

I also feel that this scene is somewhat random. The Numbers also have a lack of words. Cinque doesn't speak much, neither does Sette, but Tre's a more talkative one, albeit in serious terms. Sigourney is usually taciturn, but Theodore...he could've done with a few words.

All in all, though, I leave the fate of this piece in the hands of you, the readers. Give an honest opinion on this one.

EDIT: Please don't tell me I kinda killed this thread.

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-08-27 at 19:43.
Old 2007-08-27, 19:43   Link #7938
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Not too many of them. While you might get some disapproval, poster immunity ensure more violent attacks get clamped down, fast. :3
Is that a good thing or a bad thing for me?

@Erio: Although the evil mage is similar to orochimaru but I'll be damnned if i made him like Orochimaru lol. (The way he engraves the seal is not the same as orochimaru cause for one, he doesn't have a neck that can stretch like 40m) =p

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-08-27, 19:48   Link #7939
Erio
Hiromi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I wrote up two new scenes. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Aftermath:

Spoiler for Grim Reunion:
For the first one there wasnt much info to know what was going on, but for the second... interesting! Will there be more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Very intriguing piece there, AImost Pure. Leaves me wondering just what plans Celesti has with the Doctor. Two well-accomplished scientists in cahoots, especially in the case of Scaglietti and Celesti, is always interesting.

And, to Tk, I'm not being condescending, but it's only a series- you can't expect to it follow the actual layout of a military facility, as you have said, to the letter. And as for flaws made by the Riot Force in the series, that's the doing of the directors, and they do what they must...although, yes, some situations the characters were in could have required a bit more tactical thought by higher ups in the Bureau. I'm just saying, that's all.

And, presented here is a little conversion by between alternate V, the Numbers, and others. This is before the Bureau assault on the Cradle. I also plan to make one around the time the Numbers first show up, and a "Dark V" vs. Nanoha (!) scene in the future.

Spoiler for The Curtain Rises:

Uh...hm...

Now that I review this piece, I see quite a few flaws. I'm not exactly sure about the structure of it all, and I made up excuses for a few things (the new suit being an example- that is part of a proposed "upgrade scheme", but even then that's rather far-fetched...even though I like the new suit).

I also feel that this scene is somewhat random. The Numbers also have a lack of words. Cinque doesn't speak much, neither does Sette, but Tre's a more talkative one, albeit in serious terms. Sigourney is usually taciturn, but Theodore...he could've done with a few words.

All in all, though, I leave the fate of this piece in the hands of you, the readers. Give an honest opinion on this one.
V always makes a good impression, eh? No matter what version of him it is...

If I recall correctly, Sette doesnt talk unless someone asks her something, so I guess that's OK. As for Cinque, I wish there was more of her in the anime.

I like Cinque's upgrade, BTW.

As for the piece itself, it'll be hard to make Teana and Erio to be Sigourney and Theo's rivals, since then you would have to relocate a bunch of Numbers and reassign them to do other tasks... I'm interested to see how you handle that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
Is that a good thing or a bad thing for me?

@Erio: Although the evil mage is similar to orochimaru but I'll be damnned if i made him like Orochimaru lol. (The way he engraves the seal is not the same as orochimaru cause for one, he doesn't have a neck that can stretch like 40m) =p
Haha, well, I wasnt expecting you to copypasta him but at least make him some sort of villain like him...
Old 2007-08-27, 19:59   Link #7940
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:

Drugs... for the 3 druggies? =)

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Closed Thread