AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-09, 06:21   Link #61
andy

Man now that i look at it WB is true monster.
He took a blow from Akainu right in chest where he was stab and man still out there destroying marines and the island .
Old 2010-02-09, 07:04   Link #62
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

oh Well WB need to call the ambulace and gotta find Dr. Vegapunk right away... ACE really need a body makeover right now...
and there will be Dr. Vegapunk new invention... "A cyborg Logia"
Old 2010-02-09, 08:04   Link #63
Warlord90

Can anybody please tell me where the pics are ?

The Royal Shichibukai !!!
Old 2010-02-09, 08:05   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked Ace's dying speech in this chapter, and it made me think he might really stay dead. Though I'm too used to shounen manga to completely believe it just yet, I'll have to see how the next chapter goes...

I was excited to see Luffy's "never before seen" face after reading the summary, and I was a bit disappointed. He just looks weird to me...
Old 2010-02-09, 08:11   Link #65
zrexe
Lurker

PacifACEta anyone?

Someone needs to call in Dr. Vegapunk and resurrect Ace ala Grey Fox style from MGS.
Old 2010-02-09, 08:40   Link #66
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Luffy's face is great because it created a response from the audience, 'weird'.

It is weird because it is completely unusual, unpredictable, the face itself is a cliffhanger.

What you can see from his face is that he is shocked, exhausted, despairing, disbelief. Some may see fear and anger.

But we can't see is what actually is going through his mind, its an expression of emptiness, is like a part of him died. We cannot really guess what is going to happen next, Haki burst Super Saiyan? Lay in coma like this for a long time?

Whatever happens, this expression is great because it is weird.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2010-02-09, 08:54   Link #67
game2007

The cover page looks hilariously inappropriate for for a sad chapter. Luffy gets physically PWNed in the cover page and mentally PWNed in the actual chapter. Wait, it's somewhat appropriate if you think about it.
Old 2010-02-09, 09:04   Link #68
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I'm really upset that Ace is dead, and I'd love nothing more than for him to still be alive somehow..and although I wouldn't complain if he did come back somehow....It'd be a bit of a cop-out if he did.
Maybe now this whole Incident will make Luffy grow up & get stronger and even fully awaken the haki within him.
He lost all of those he cared for because he wasn't strong enough to protect them or because they sacrificed themselves to protect him.

I know he is only a fictional character but still..... R.I.P Portgas D. Ace.

I really do hope WB unleashes hell upon the Marines after this.
I want to see the full fury of the Legendary monster...we deserve that much at least. He just saw his son die...but if its any consolation for him...WB will be joining Ace pretty soon
Old 2010-02-09, 09:10   Link #69
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

everyone is fine, they're all in soul society
Old 2010-02-09, 09:40   Link #70
FullMetalKid

Ace is finally gone from OP. He will sadly be missed. He is another character i liked which i felt should've gotten more story time. This will be a turning point in the story. The events witnessed in this arc will change Luffy forever.

OP seems to never stop amazing me. I don't know what Oda is thinking but he sure picked a great time to further develope StrawHats crew. The twist will open many new opportunities for Luffy and gang. Now that Ace is gone what will happen next?
How will the next chapter slowly shift away Luffy's pain into power so that he can continue on the grandline to search for his nakama.

Rest in Peace Ace.

Another great chapter as usual.
Old 2010-02-09, 10:18   Link #71
Darmill

Now since OP goes another direction, I wanna see Luffy & Hancock marry soon, getting a child named Ace who eats the fire fruit.
Old 2010-02-09, 10:40   Link #72
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
Now since OP goes another direction, I wanna see Luffy & Hancock marry soon, getting a child named Ace who eats the fire fruit.
how does the devil fruit system work in OP? Is it something like once someone with devil fruit power dies, another fruit with the same power grows somewhere else?
Old 2010-02-09, 11:04   Link #73
Dem0n_Sl@sHeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
how does the devil fruit system work in OP? Is it something like once someone with devil fruit power dies, another fruit with the same power grows somewhere else?
Yep!!!
And Hi all. I'm reading this thread since long ago
Old 2010-02-09, 11:05   Link #74
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmill View Post
Any excuse to have Hancok bear Luffy's child is ok with me.

Quote:
everyone is fine, they're all in soul society
I dunno about you, but "everyone's fine" and "they're in soul society" doesn't go together.
I mean, that place is a pretty crappy place.
Old 2010-02-09, 11:12   Link #75
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Wow that a really sad, Oda's way of invoking emotions is amazing. I am really impressed what Oda did as he built up to death of Ace, Ace finally wanting to live and finally having some type of reason to live but dying.
Like everybody else I wonder how this will change One Piece.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Luffy's face is great because it created a response from the audience, 'weird'.

It is weird because it is completely unusual, unpredictable, the face itself is a cliffhanger.

What you can see from his face is that he is shocked, exhausted, despairing, disbelief. Some may see fear and anger.

But we can't see is what actually is going through his mind, its an expression of emptiness, is like a part of him died. We cannot really guess what is going to happen next, Haki burst Super Saiyan? Lay in coma like this for a long time?

Whatever happens, this expression is great because it is weird.
The expression is really good, like you said the mix of the emotions in his face and can't really tell what is going on his mind makes people wonder what will happen.
Old 2010-02-09, 11:21   Link #76
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Not really confirmed but it probably would seem that way. Its one of the best ways to explain how there is a Book on all the various DF's that exist and their powers, because sum1 probably compiled the data in the past
Old 2010-02-09, 12:32   Link #77
marvelB

I find it funny that some people are already assuming that a character death = DARKER STORY. This isn't Berserk, people. Luffy's not gonna turn into some dark anti-hero and start killing every marine, enemy pirate and evil demon god (that once used to be human) left and right. First, he just has to cope with Ace's death, then he can start going on wild adventures again like before (but as someone at AP pointed out, there would be a bigger sense of danger now that it actually is possible for characters to die on-screen). Maybe he'll grow a bit more mature from the experience, but I highly doubt that he'll become the "Black Swordsman Straw-Hat", or whatever.....

Anyway, we know now that Luffy's reached his breaking point, but I'd actually prefer it if he didn't go Gomu Gomu no Super Saiyan on everybody at Marineford. I actually prefer the theory that he passed out at that moment (with his face being stuck in that..... most unusual expression). I'm actually expecting Whitebeard or Garp to be the ones to go berserk, instead. Garp's already quite likely since Sengoku already had to tackle him to keep him away from Akainu, and it's been said since long ago that Whitebeard wouldn't stand for the death of any of his precious sons (and when you consider that his time is nearly up, as well)......

Last edited by marvelB; 2010-02-09 at 14:06.
Old 2010-02-09, 12:35   Link #78
james0246

^When Naruto passed out due to anxiety, the fans roared with disapproval, so I highly doubt that Oda will take a similar path to Kishimoto's failure at character development. But, I do like that thought of him being broken for a time. He could become unresponsive and despondent, but still be awake and conscious.

I do agree that, whatever happens right now, the tone of One Piece will not shift too drastically. If Ace si really dead, then of course Luffy will act differently for a time, but after a pseudo "heart-touching" episode of Blossum chapter, he will be back on his path to King-dom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by game2007 View Post
Fixed. It is wasn't for God, then Oda would never exist in the first place. We should thank God for allowing such a man to be born into this world.
Then again, it could be Satan slowly using Oda to worm his/its way into our hearts and minds...All hail Lord Satan!
Old 2010-02-09, 12:43   Link #79
Darmill

Quote:
Very likely. If Ace dies, the mera-mera fruit will reappear somewhere. But I don't know if it grows like a normal fruit in a special place.

As for the book, there are two explanations so far: 1. All DFs are listed within, some remain unidentified, and 2. only part of the fruits are listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Any excuse to have Hancok bear Luffy's child is ok with me.
Son of the future pirate king with the name Monkey D. Ace
Old 2010-02-09, 12:45   Link #80
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Man now that i look at it WB is true monster.
He took a blow from Akainu right in chest where he was stab and man still out there destroying marines and the island .
+ in old age, whilst suffering from a terminal illness.

if this were 10 or 20 years ago, heck if wb didnt get stabbed he woulda probably swatted akainu like a fly even at red dogs most powerful form.
Closed Thread