AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-03, 18:13   Link #61
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

I always have this personal theory about Duke Nukem Forever if anyone cares to hear it.

First, whoever was making the game get runs out of funding in the process and they were sitting on the license, doing next to nothing over over a decade out of pride and god knows what.

Next, the original developer goes bankrupt finally. And they were force to sell whatever asset thay have to the highest bidder.

Finally, the new developer who landed the license in their bid to get some quick bucks rush the game out due to the hype. To them, the spirit of the game doesn't matter. If the game sells, good. If the game flops, it alright as long as we made some profit out of it.

So, for me, I wouldn't be surprise if the game doesn't live up to the hype.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 13:10   Link #62
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
they get to play a two VERY SHORT parts of the game and they QQ already... i hate the human race XD
The game is suppose to be shoot everything that moves. Instead from the demo it looks like it’s more of a puzzle racing and platforming, with some “strategic shooter” element to it and cheap horror effects done a hundred times (ie. little monsters jumping at you)—I’m not sure but I think the game even has those “cut-scene button mashing moments”. It’s kind of hard not to think badly of it. I personally agree with your sentiments that everyone should take games with a grain of salt, but not when it comes to sequels. If you’re going to make a sequel just to squeze money out of the fans or "experiment with stupid crap" (ie. CnC4) then may the shitstorm flood the earth for all I care.
Old 2011-06-04, 13:30   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

platforming? Puzzle racing? what the Hell are you smoking? where was there platforming or puzzle racing?
Old 2011-06-04, 14:52   Link #64
Jaden

I dunno, what is the spirit of Duke Nukem games anyway? weren't most of them actually side scrollers? Looks like all the elements from Duke Nukem 3D are present. But because the graphics, engine etc. are modern, it feels more like playing Halo. Not sure how that could be avoided.
Old 2011-06-04, 21:05   Link #65
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
But because the graphics, engine etc. are modern, it feels more like playing Halo. Not sure how that could be avoided.
The style of play is more duck and cover now (health regeneration, no med kits). 3D Realms was adamant about making a game that adopted current conventions while maintaining Duke's attitude and brand of humor.

I think many people were expecting the same gameplay as Duke Nukem 3D (just run into a room with guns blazing) but with a modern engine.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 21:45   Link #66
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

that can easly be fixed on PC, feel bad for those who play on consoles.
Old 2011-06-05, 08:49   Link #67
brocko

Duke apparently developed a liking to moe throughout the decade it seems

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 08:57   Link #68
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
I wonder how long the person actually took to draw that.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 09:02   Link #69
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

That kind of pace-breaking diversion seems kind of refreshing in a world where shooters have been taking themselves way too seriously.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 11:25   Link #70
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocko View Post
............. a part of my soul just died.....
Old 2011-06-05, 12:10   Link #71
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah that made my day
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 12:57   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Ahah that made my day
Too true!

LOL the comment from the guy at the end is indeed the icing on the cake!
Old 2011-06-05, 13:09   Link #73
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i seriously dont see how people think its SOOO bad.. its a demo... yea theres the two weapon thing... and the health regenerating... on how much damage the mobs do.. but thats why the release a demo! those things people are QQing about... can EASLY be fixed!
Old 2011-06-05, 14:37   Link #74
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

It’s a demo, not a beta, so hence the QQing that this is how it will ship out.

As for mobs doing a lot of damage I think it has to do with TB playing on hardest settings.
Old 2011-06-05, 14:40   Link #75
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

It is also hinted that this is the demo from FTX or something idk but i heard its a out of date Demo. even then the stuff people are QQing about doesnt really bother me.

and the difficulty setting must be bugged because i played on easy, and they still hit pretty freakin hard.
Old 2011-06-05, 16:01   Link #76
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

After watching the demo for this game, I'm even more interested in it than I initially was because of all it's cool little gimmicks.

I've played games from the Duke Nukem series before, but I barely remember anything about them since I was only about 5 or 6 years old when I did, but I do know my dad had them on his own computer. I think it was the first 2.

Anyway, since I've never played a 3D Duke Nukem game, I don't think whatever faithfulness the game has lost in it's gameplay aspect will bother me that much. I'm just looking to blow up some aliens and hear some witty-yet-crude humor now and then.

Oh I also like how Duke has a "Ego" bar, rather than a health bar.
Old 2011-06-05, 20:32   Link #77
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I'll get it because of nostalgia. But expectations aren't all that high for it. I fully expect it to be like nearly every other cover based combat shooter out there game play wise. But I'm hoping Dukes brand of humor shines through in dialog, jokes and actions. I fully expect it too be a lot like Bulletstorm, hilariously over the top dialog and antics which makes a good distraction for a few hours.
Old 2011-06-10, 00:17   Link #78
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

So some people out there have already gotten their retail copies up and running.... and LOLs were had, like this appearance here.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 01:34   Link #79
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

That easter egg makes me think of this comic.

http://godmode.keenspot.com/d/20070924.html
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 03:45   Link #80
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Here is hoping they put some fun in the game (rather than just jokes) cause it is a first person shooter where you are suppose to shoot things. A lot of things. Repeatedly so you feel like you are awesome at shooting things.

Tags
first person shooter