AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-08, 14:09   Link #61
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIdiot
didn't they show chouji standing up and walking towards the marked arrows?
yes, and if I remember correctly, then they showed him closing his eyes and a butterfly...
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 15:32   Link #62
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Yeah I feel they owe us a death after they pulled that Sasuke stunt back in the Haku arch.
I don't know though, the way they've been telling Chouji's story can mean one of two things either they are setting him up to die, or they're preparing to make him one of the main focuses of the series for a while. I hope it's the first
It'd definatelly make more sense if it was Chouji that died, Neji still has some unfinished buisness with Hinata
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 19:15   Link #63
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
Yeah I feel they owe us a death after they pulled that Sasuke stunt back in the Haku arch.
I don't know though, the way they've been telling Chouji's story can mean one of two things either they are setting him up to die, or they're preparing to make him one of the main focuses of the series for a while. I hope it's the first
It'd definatelly make more sense if it was Chouji that died, Neji still has some unfinished buisness with Hinata
Well choji is one of the few left that hadnt had their background story told yet too. So it also could have just been time to tell some stuff about him, and what better time to learn about a person when something dramatic happens ^^.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 19:41   Link #64
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
well i dont noe if anyone said it but the major deaths in naruto are
Haku, Sarutobi, and Kimmimaro (all i could remember)
but all of them died for people or person that they loved and cared about.
Haku - Zabuza
Sarutobi - People of Leaf
Kimmimaro - Orochimaru.

so in my opinion i dont think neji and chouji will die.
i hope they dont
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 19:58   Link #65
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Lightbulb

Hmmm; thing is, the timing would kind of destroy the dramatic impact of one of the two's death. It's been ages since they fought and with all the important back story that's going on at the minute, the death (especially of a relatively undeveloped character like Chouji) would be overshadowed.I just dont see how it could be reintroduced and still have the impact it deserves after everything that is and is about to go on in the manga. Hmmmm ... anyway, we'll see.

Besides, Chouji really needs to get it on with Ino
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 20:18   Link #66
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I think Chouji seeing the arrows let him die in peace.. How he said "I've made a lot of friends, Dad.." Is like him telling his father not to be sad, because he died happy. He won, and he knows that he has people that believe and care about him.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 21:43   Link #67
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Well the chouji's death could be reintroduced when shikamaru got back to the village. He could ask were chouji is and no one will tell him. then he can run around for a little bit and make someone tell him that chouji is dead. Shikamaru would probably have a mental breakdown though if chouji dies. Chouji is Shika's Best and almost only friend. He is going to be crushed if chouji dies, maybe even quite as a ninja. (not forever, but untill someone (naruto) makes him see why he shouldn't). The last thing he said, could be just because he thinks he is going to die, like before he goes uncounious. Then someone could come along and safe him afterwards (shizune).
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 22:37   Link #68
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Why does everyone like this episode so much?

Frankly i found it rather sucky.

As a manga reader i guess all the flavour is lost from the episodes where theres no action or cool backstory.

Seeing Jiraiya play a game of cards with Tsunade for 70% of the episode made it rather dull.

I cant wait until the events that happen ... ummm roughly 2 episodes from now.

mmmmmmmmmmm
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-08, 22:42   Link #69
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
so what you're saying is, that you would kill off the main charater of an anime
That'll work on the last episodes of the anime.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 00:21   Link #70
Doppelganger
Lazy Undergraduate

Send a message via ICQ to Doppelganger Send a message via AIM to Doppelganger
I don't think Neji will die. He has a loose end to tie up before that can happen; he needs to resolve his feelings about the main house. Alternatively Hinata will tie it up for him, but I have a feeling he will survive to do so himself.

Chouji, on the other hand, doesn't have a loose end, so I think his chances of survival are more slim unless Tsunade or someone goes around picking up these mostly-dead genins and fixing them up with some l33t healing techniques.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 01:13   Link #71
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I thought the feather in Neji's hand was symbolic.. like "the bird was freed from the cage"
We don't get to see whether or not his seal is gone, though..
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 01:25   Link #72
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Both Chouji and Neji got their little death symbol, but I don't think both of them will die at the same time...
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 08:26   Link #73
PerniciousJuJu
Yummy kakashi thighs...

Send a message via AIM to PerniciousJuJu Send a message via MSN to PerniciousJuJu
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
Both Chouji and Neji got their little death symbol, but I don't think both of them will die at the same time...
EXCATLY! Chouji will die, Neji will not....
PerniciousJuJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 13:01   Link #74
bal
Gaara of The Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO

NEJI MUST NEVER DIE. Neji is one of the coolest characters in the Anime. Simply put, to kill of a character as dynamic, intriguing, well developed, and fleshed out as Neji, would be very very stupid.

The fat ass can die.
LOL I agree with that. Neji has a lot of character buildup then chouji. He had all the backstory and moments of fame, whereas chouji just kept eating chips and stuff. He only had some character when they showed the bond between him and shika. Certainly Neji is more important then chouji. Not only in the anime/manga but also in the production. So it makes sense to kill off the other guy then the one they worked on more.

On the other hand... I hope sakura and ino mysteriously die!
bal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-09, 16:28   Link #75
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by bal
On the other hand... I hope sakura and ino mysteriously die!
Yeah! Neji did a Kawarimi with Sakura!