AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-12-05, 21:10   Link #61
Lender

This is becoming boring, will the MC(Jae Gu) ever learn how to fight? he doesn't need to be a badass but at least learn the basics for self defense.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 00:26   Link #62
Xion Valkyrie

This many chapters in, I think we're past the point where the main character could even potentially develop into a fighter.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 04:14   Link #63
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
Wow, he can't catch a break can he. And what is up with these guys, are they seriously going to beat him up in front of his little brother and sister over something stupid. He just want to get his siblings home.

And for Jae gu himself, I know he's still mad at the Queen and everything, but it's obvious that she's trying to make amends to him and be nice. I would think it would be in his best interest to make friends with her, or at least forgive her after that last fight fiasco. People probably would be less inclined to try to mess with you if they know your friends with the Queen and the other upperclassman.

He could also get some free lessons from them.

And him saying he got things on his own? I found that comment a little strange. If Moon or Dal didn't show up, he would have gotten his ass beat badly. Not exactly handling his own things.

Maybe you're right..but, put yourself in his position.
why this is happening?
If you think about it .. is all because the Queen...
Not only she has misbehaved with him..but is her fault, that everyone want to fight him...because everyone know that the Queen chose him as the first match..

Then throw in his life..that's worse than that, can't be...
I understand if he not wants nothing to do with the Queen
Old 2011-12-06, 08:49   Link #64
Lender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
This many chapters in, I think we're past the point where the main character could even potentially develop into a fighter.
Well, I'll wait a few more chapters, if the girls continue saving his ass in every situation i will drop it, a useless guy who can't even defend himself and don't want to do nothing about this is not fun at all.
Lender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 09:07   Link #65
Franckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
Well, I'll wait a few more chapters, if the girls continue saving his ass in every situation i will drop it, a useless guy who can't even defend himself and don't want to do nothing about this is not fun at all.
That might be the case why his younger siblings are present with him. I'm still of the opinion that the guy actually knows how to "fight" but won't because he fears the possible repercussions (e.g., getting kicked out of school). With his siblings here, however, there is no reason for the guy not to be provoked if even the thought of one of the thugs putting their hands on them goes through his head.

Other than that I agree wholeheartedly. A fighting series where one of the main leads can't even do squat against thugs isn't very fun to read.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 10:46   Link #66
Mentar
Banned

I think that calling Jae Gu "useless" is the silliest thing I've read in the last 2 months. This guy is doing an awesome job in a most difficult situation. It's just the opposite.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:03   Link #67
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lender View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
Other than that I agree wholeheartedly. A fighting series where one of the main leads can't even do squat against thugs isn't very fun to read.
So...he should at least be able to protect himself from thugs? You do realize that you don't JUST want that; you want him to be as strong as the rest of the cast. Even if he could beat common thugs, but couldn't hold much of a candle to anyone else in Girl's High, you'd still be complaining he can't do anything =0/. Not once has this manwha projected that Jae Gu wants to get stronger, like, say, HSDKenichi did, so I have no idea why you are expecting it. He's acknowledged his goal to himself and the readers from the very beginning; take care of his siblings and finish school. He has his hands full just trying to do this. Why should he suddenly expend effort to something that is not important to him at all? I think it would be kinda cool for him to be a badass fighter in disguise, but more than that, I prefer to see how a normal guy with no fighting skills and a strong resolve(his siblings) affects the lives of girls that live mainly for being marital artists.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 20:20   Link #68
Johnny
Working the bags...

As long as he doesn't turn into a sniveling little coward. Then it doesn't matter to me if he's not Bruce Lee in disguise. Just because most of the characters are monsters, he needn't be. Not exactly like Kosukegawa from Change 123, but similar would be fine if done correctly...

On a side note I can't wait to see Moon Young without that topknot...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-06, 21:39   Link #69
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I think that calling Jae Gu "useless" is the silliest thing I've read in the last 2 months. This guy is doing an awesome job in a most difficult situation. It's just the opposite.
Yep, totally agree.

Infact the 1st comment of the chapter on the site is exactly how I feel about the series

Quote:
Why do people keep saying that he's weak and needs to get stronger?
In my opinion he is the strongest guy in the series...I mean I cannot imagine any of the "strong" girls doing what he does every day. He is raising his young siblings by himself, no outside help AND goes to school.
I love that he isn't the kind of guy that suddenly knows how to fight or that is already good at fighting. I hope he stays like that, maybe learn a thing or two but not become a fighter, leave that for the girls.
I don't see reason to think he needs to get involved cause the series has got battles and what not, seems to be a thing that if a series has a hint of battles and fights, everyone should get involved.
Certain series do well when a main character doesn't actually get involved and this for me is one of them.
Always said I hope he doesn't start learning the arts and stay "normal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
As long as he doesn't turn into a sniveling little coward. Then it doesn't matter to me if he's not Bruce Lee in disguise. Just because most of the characters are monsters, he needn't be. Not exactly like Kosukegawa from Change 123, but similar would be fine if done correctly...

On a side note I can't wait to see Moon Young without that topknot...
Don't think he's turn into a coward but I can see him doing whatever it takes to protect his siblings and himself to a extent and if that means having to take some humiliation then I think thats ok, more than that it takes alot of strength of will to endure humiliation for the sake of others, given certain circumstances.

Yay a fellow comrade in "waiting on Moon letting down her hair!"

*high five*
Old 2011-12-06, 22:55   Link #70
Chandalen

I agree with all the people saying he is perfectly fine the way he is. I rather like the fact he's not a crouching pervert, hidden badass like so many other main characters. He strikes me a the strongest anyways in terms of real life (living single taking care of a child/sibling is harder than most of you young ones could ever imagine).
Chandalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 11:00   Link #71
Odd

Raw for 18 is out

Spoiler for 18:
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 11:16   Link #72
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd View Post
Raw for 18 is out

Spoiler for 18:
after watch the raw 18 spoiler
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-10, 12:03   Link #73
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for Raw ch18:
Old 2011-12-10, 15:56   Link #74
Iron21

Spoiler for 18:
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 18:02   Link #75
Odd

18 has been translated:

After reading what Jae Gu said while all this was happening I'm even more dissapointed in him, I thought he actually had a backbone after the way he was acting through the first few chapters (now I feel like I was tricked), how dissapointing.

Hopefully the author makes some changes since he's already had manga's about bullies receiving their comeuppance (Banquet Box)
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 18:48   Link #76
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

When I said he shouldn't become a fighter that doesn't mean he can't have any balls. I want him to have the same attitude he has towards the queen to those bullies.
Old 2011-12-12, 19:47   Link #77
Iron21

He needs to toughen up, but he also needs to be able to defend himself. At least from regular bullies.

Still don't get why some people don't want him to become a fighter. He doesn't have to be a badass, just learn the basic self-defense and go from there.

It will do him no good to just stand up for himself and can't back it up. These bullies are unreasonable. They'll probably send him to a hospital or something. Then who'll take care of his siblings.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:30   Link #78
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron21 View Post
He needs to toughen up, but he also needs to be able to defend himself. At least from regular bullies.

Still don't get why some people don't want him to become a fighter. He doesn't have to be a badass, just learn the basic self-defense and go from there.

It will do him no good to just stand up for himself and can't back it up. These bullies are unreasonable. They'll probably send him to a hospital or something. Then who'll take care of his siblings.
If he simply takes the punishment, he won't get hurt as bad. But if he fights back, there's a chance his siblings will get involved. I think he's doing the right thing. It's easy to say "stand up to them", but chances are, when you got things on the line and in the heat of the moment, you'd also do as they say. Plus, if he gets hurt, and can't work or something, his siblings won't be able to eat.

And let's say he learns basic self-defense. Will that protect his siblings should the bullies decide to go after them to teach Jae Gu a lesson? What if they have melee weapons? As long as he isn't pushed into a small corner, I think he's doing the more safe and logical answer here.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 23:47   Link #79
Xion Valkyrie

He's put his siblings' welfare over his own. I think he's fine as he is.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-13, 00:33   Link #80
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
He's put his siblings' welfare over his own. I think he's fine as he is.
Yeah, but now his siblings now see their brother is a pathetic weakling who talks big but does nothing. Furthermore, those bullies might continue messing with him since he won't fight back to the point they won't hesitant to beat him up.

Somebody should tell him to stand up, maybe the Queen's little brother.

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom