AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-10-24, 13:00   Link #61
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaServ
Your screenshots were pointless, you need to compress one with XviD with cartoon smoothing on, then compress one with WMV9 VCM, THEN send soem screenshots, altho I doubt I should expect something THAT SMART from you, most of you posts have left you looking like a 8 year old n00b trying to act like you know it all, when 99% of your technical posts have TONS of flaws in your logic.
So why do two identically set up screen shots have different ammounts of detail?
I mean, I've never got this problem with DivX 5/XVid/mpeg2, why only WMV9? Could it be... a automatic smoother in the decoder...? Nah, I'm just an 8 year old idiot, what do I know?
And why in the world would I want to compress it to XVid with Cartoon smoothing on, then compress it again using the same codec? What could this prove in terms of WTF WMV's decoder is doing to that detai?
Flaws in my logic? Okay... At least I don't claim to be anywhere near perfect, haha.
SirCanealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 13:51   Link #62
NinjaServ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCanealot
So why do two identically set up screen shots have different ammounts of detail?
I mean, I've never got this problem with DivX 5/XVid/mpeg2, why only WMV9? Could it be... a automatic smoother in the decoder...? Nah, I'm just an 8 year old idiot, what do I know?
Why would you have a problem with using wmv9 raws if it only "blends" in the playback? That really dosn't make any sense....plus, when did I ever claim to be perfect? Lets keep this on topic dumbfuck, this is AUDIO, not your irrational claims about video quality...

Quote:
And why in the world would I want to compress it to XVid with Cartoon smoothing on, then compress it again using the same codec?
What the fuck does that have to do with anything I said? If you learned how to READ maybe, ALL I said was that for OVERALL quality (NOT PLAYBACK AT ALL) compress using BOTH, and compare them, THAT is all I said, I NEVER SAID compress to xvid then compress to xvid again, you really are the biggest idiot I have EVER met online...where the fuck did that statement come from?

Quote:
Flaws in my logic? Okay... At least I don't claim to be anywhere near perfect, haha
Thanks for stating the OBVIOUS, we all realized you had no clue what the fuck you were talking about when you started spouting out "196kbps!!! 196kbps!!!"

Last edited by NinjaServ; 2004-10-24 at 14:13.
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-24, 14:38   Link #63
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

What do you expect to decode WMV9 with when re-encoding it to XVid? Virtual Dub's Magic Decode Everything In A L33t Way Codec?

Quote:
What the fuck does that have to do with anything I said?
Quote:
Your screenshots were pointless, you need to compress one with XviD with cartoon smoothing on, then compress one with WMV9 VCM, THEN send soem screenshots,
*shrugs*
I'm just responding and commenting on what you're saying :/

And yes, I made a silly mixup on numbers. I'm a mild dyslexic, and I'm happy, since I only mix up the odd number or leter (not a real dohnut like my dad, heh :P).
If you want me to start poking holes in your English and calling you all maner of nasty names in return...

And yes, close this topic, unless mods feel that it is still a valid and interesting discussion...
As I always say, the best way to get information out of a forum is my reading two people hack each other to pieces, heh.
Old 2004-10-24, 15:28   Link #64
NinjaServ

My statement doesn't say "use a wmv9 raw", you could use a DVD for all I care, I just stated get a raw somehow, and compress with BOTH and compare quality, HOW hard is that to understand? Well, it DOES require are BRAIN to understand it, so MAYBE that is the problem?

Sure "poke holes in my english", since you OBVIOUSLY can't come up with something TECHNICAL to "get me back with" you'll have to start cracking on my grammer, that'll prove your "knowledge of this subject" dumbass....>.>
Old 2004-10-24, 16:39   Link #65
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

I sent you two pictures (well, three, if you want to be specific): two of opening the raw, one with less detail.
I thought we were discussing WMV9 raws and the smoother used in its decoder, not specifically encoding to WMV9 for fansubbing purposes.
Sorry if we've been confused, because that seems to be the case.

And yes, I'll be more than happy to poke holes in your English if you want to do the same with mine. And anyway, what do you want me to get you back with? "Actually, I have a single mp3 encoded in 196kbs CBR, OMG, PWNED!!"? Nah, I don't get that petty until I get uber bored, heh.
Old 2004-10-24, 17:09   Link #66
NinjaServ

Quote:
And anyway, what do you want me to get you back with? "Actually, I have a single mp3 encoded in 196kbs CBR, OMG, PWNED!!"? Nah, I don't get that petty until I get uber bored, heh.
I have yet to see any AC3 encoders that allow this tho (which is what you were commenting on) NOR are any professional DVDs encoded at that, all are done by standard bitrates like that increase in incriments of 16 (AC3 bitrates like 192, 224, 384, and 448). It is obviously allowed with MP3 because you CAN use command prompt mp3 encoders and manually put in that, but it is a non-standard bitrate.
Old 2004-11-23, 13:19   Link #67
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
Originally Posted by _yeah
Many raws contain VBR audio.

VirtualDub does not handle VBR audio properly, and since we all use VirtualDub to encode our episodes, most encoders re-encode the audio to 128kbps MP3 CBR.

Otherwise, it becomes a desynced mess.
What? Then why not use Nandub? It usually does the trick for me... it accepts VBR audio.
Nandub is, in fact, an altered version of virtualdub intended to support VBR audio.
tugatosmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 14:03   Link #68
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

It's not so much a VirtualDub 'problem' as a 'problem' with the AVI format... it doesn't like VBR audio, so putting it in is actually a hack, and not a great one either.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 16:05   Link #69
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

tug: Please try reading the whole thread before decided on anything.

And none of us use VirtualDub to encode - we just use it to mux

I'd also call for this thread to be closed now - it's not going anywhere fast, and futher discussion will go nowhere good.
Old 2004-11-24, 00:03   Link #70
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
...I use VirtualDub to encode <.<

I'm not kidding.
Old 2004-11-24, 06:47   Link #71
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Quote:
tug: Please try reading the whole thread before decided on anything.

I'd also call for this thread to be closed now - it's not going anywhere fast, and futher discussion will go nowhere good.
I'm not sure I quite follow... Did I say something wrong? I wasn't throwing stones at anyone, I was just surprised / confused.

I didn't mean to sound rude (I don't think I did...) but I apologise anyway...
But I still think I didn't deserve such a blunt reply, sircanealot.

And... if you don't use virtualdub to encode, what do you use? I'm curious.

(By the way, I also use virtualdub / nandub to mux, depending if it's CBR or VBR audio I'm dealing with )

Last edited by tugatosmk; 2004-11-24 at 07:02.
Old 2004-11-24, 08:02   Link #72
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

VirtualDub's just a frameserver, isn't it? It's XVid/DivX that does the real buisness - just kidding around, or something.

tug: I meant that you should read the opinions in the whole topic before listening to anyone (N-Bomb) stating their opinion now, when it has already been stated 02398437589 times in the thread already.
Old 2004-11-24, 08:07   Link #73
tugatosmk
1982 tuga

Red face

Quote:
VirtualDub's just a frameserver, isn't it? It's XVid/DivX that does the real buisness - just kidding around, or something.

tug: I meant that you should read the opinions in the whole topic before listening to anyone (N-Bomb) stating their opinion now, when it has already been stated 02398437589 times in the thread already.
Oh, all right then. I'm sorry I misjudged you.
Old 2004-11-24, 09:40   Link #74
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
XviD and DivX are just CODECs. They can't do any of the work alone. A program like VD is what passes the raw video info to the codec so that it can do its work, and spit its results back out to VD so VD can put it into an AVI file.

Quote:
I don't get where you're going with this now.
Old 2004-11-24, 12:06   Link #75
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

What I meant was that TRAG should read the WHOLE TOPIC before coming to ANY CONCLUSIONS on VBR MP3 in .AVI.
As you jumped in and stated YOUR OPINION after TRAG contributed to the topic, I then ADVISED - NOT wanting to re-state my opinions, which would lead to the same discussion over again, unlike you, who re-stated them anyway - that TRAG makes sure he's read the entire topic, as they list my opinions on what I think about VBR MP3 in .AVI.
As I didn't want him to ONLY read THIS page, see what you said, and assume that was the full story.

The point IS I'm NOT trying to go ANYWHERE.
I'm TRYING to leave a dead topic dead!
Old 2004-11-24, 15:25   Link #76
Aru
dead

Quote:
The point IS I'm NOT trying to go ANYWHERE.
I'm TRYING to leave a dead topic dead!
Then stop posting in it?
Aru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 15:47   Link #77
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
What I meant was that TRAG should read the WHOLE TOPIC before coming to ANY CONCLUSIONS on VBR MP3 in .AVI.
As you jumped in and stated YOUR OPINION
VBR MP3 in AVI being a hack is not 'my opinion'. You maybe need to do a little reading up on the subject, sir. It's similar to how b-frames in AVI are a hack. Neither of these were originally intended to work inside the AVI container.
Old 2004-11-24, 16:15   Link #78
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Please re-read my discussions across the previous pages for a response to your post.

And I did not state that VBR mp3 in .avi was not a hack; you stated it was your opinion that it was bad, and I did not want trag thinking that was the only opinion.

I also find it amusing to note that most fansubs use B-Frames, too; I wonder why?
Everyone: time to turn B-Frames off! It's a hack!!!

Quote:
Then stop posting in it?
Read betwee the lines!