3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.70%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-23, 14:23   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well...things are a bit more interesting when it comes to Hayate and presumably Freyja. If we're going with classic tropes...I'm guess Hayate's father was actually pretty important and not a bad pilot. Plus he had to have gotten that gem of his from somewhere if it's reacting like that.

Either way good job to those two. Really enjoyed Hayate putting Bogue into the ground. Sure, he didn't kill the guy with his current desire to avoid killing if possible...but was still enjoyable . And good for Freyja having a lot of challenges thrown at her, but growing from them. Finding her reason to keep singing and actually saving some lives on her own. Plus I like her having a stance that isn't just being against war, but being against produce being used for war . It does add a dimension to her character being angry at the food their people are working hard to grow being used for such horrible purposes.

Windermere....yeah, I'm never going to be able to respect these people. "We're liberators....who are brainwashing people.....screw you guys, it is your fault we're doing this!"
Old 2016-05-23, 14:25   Link #62
ReddyRedWolf

Images
Fold Quartz equipped Variable Fighters with Fold Receptor singers too OP please nerf.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sketchley's Translations: Macross Chronicle Revised Ed. - Mechanic: Other UN 08A: YF-30 Chronos
Quote:
Caption: The new Fold Dimensional Resonance System mechanism is built into the YF-30. It amplifies Song Energy, and the YF-30 also became able to break through the dense Fold Faults.

Caption: At the time of this aircraft's development, in addition to existing technology, it's said that parts collected from the Protoculture Ruins on the planet, and the protective weapons that guard the ruins, were also inserted into the YF-30.
Sketchley's Translations: Macross Chronicle Revised Ed. - Mechanic TF SMS 04A: YF-29 Durendal
Quote:
Aircraft Explanation
The YF-29 Durendal is an aircraft that was developed with the assumption that it would be used in a decisive battle with the Vajra. The Macross The YF-29 Durendal is an aircraft that was developed under the assumption that it would be used in a decisive battle with the Vajra. The Macross Frontier Fleet and L.A.I. Co. played an important role in the development of this aircraft in the environment of the incident where the 117th Large Research Fleet had sustained a Vajra raid. It's greatest feature is the Fold Wave System, a device that uses high-purity fold quartz that exists only inside of the Vajra's bodies. As a result, it became possible to supply the craft with energy from sub-space, and coupled with 4 high-power thermonuclear reactor engines, this craft acquired an overwhelming manoeuvrability. Simultaneously, the fold quartz enabled the control of fold waves as an additional function of the Fold Wave System, and the YF-29 succeeded in interfering with the communications between the Vajra in combat.
The YF-29, YF-30 and VF-31 are pretty much the high end of VF technology. Resonating with a Fold Receptor, pilots and machine gets a boost in performance.

Additionally the Fold Wave System or Fold Wave Resonance system could explain why Keith's Rune wind detection power was disrupted with Freyja's singing.

Basically Delta Platoon has a Fold Wave NT-D System for the Aerial Knights Rune Newtype powers.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-05-23 at 17:21.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 14:28   Link #63
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Keith's Rune wind detection power was disrupted with Freyja's singing.
It actually looked like it was disrupted by Messer's pain.
Old 2016-05-23, 14:39   Link #64
charles883

I think that Windermere are actually Protoculture super soldier race superior to zentradi similar to clone army(superior soldier compared to normal trooper but has shorter lifespan) After protoculture fallen the remaining soldier was then formed civilization.

If theory true I wonder how Roid, royal family, Aerial knight react to that revelation.
charles883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 14:48   Link #65
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
She only got the worst genes from her dual ancestry.
She's 1/4 Max and 1/4 Milia, we have no idea what her father was and his genes would make half her genetic.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 15:00   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
She's 1/4 Max and 1/4 Milia, we have no idea what her father was and his genes would make half her genetic.
And as one of seven mysteries of Macross Delta, we will probably never found out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post
I think that Windermere are actually Protoculture super soldier race superior to zentradi similar to clone army(superior soldier compared to normal trooper but has shorter lifespan) After protoculture fallen the remaining soldier was then formed civilization.

If theory true I wonder how Roid, royal family, Aerial knight react to that revelation.
Pfeh, no. Not.even.close. I think you like the Wind a little too much. Protoculture already had an alternative super soldier to the Zentradi, the EHVIL seres, which were super soldiers with fold-responsive organs and each individual exceededing the powers of Zentradi main battlefleets. Their abilities can range all the way from simple destruction to reality & time warping. These crazies were also the same guys reponsible for almost causing the death of this current galaxy and the ongoing war between the Supervision Army and the Zentradi. The Wind is not even a fly's larva compared to them.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-23 at 15:19.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 15:06   Link #67
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
All in all, great episode. But I am coming to the conclusion that the show is not as good as Frontier was at this point.
At this point Sheryl's underwear was stolen, so I think Delta has the edge. We'll see how it goes. Specially when they finally start developing Mirage. They are doing a great job with Hayate and Freyja (also Messer).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 15:17   Link #68
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
And as one of seven mysteries of Macross Delta, we will probably never found out.

Pfeh, no. Not.even.close. I think you like the Wind a little too much. Protoculture already had an alternative super soldier to the Zentradi, the EHVIL seres, which were super soldiers with fold-responsive organs and each individual exceededing the powers of Zentradi main battlefleets. These were also the same guys reponsible for almost causing the death of this current galaxy and the ongoing war between the Supervision Army and the Zentradi. The Wind is not even a fly's larva compared to them.

- Tak
On the other hand the history mural on Rax did mention a WMD bio weapon escalation.

Besides the Evil Series there are the Bugs at New Asia, Dyaus Guardians at Ouroboros, and the Bird Human.

As I said I theorize Windermereans have a different niche from Terrans. Fold Receptor Terrans are for bio weapon maintenance they most can only transmit not receive Fold Waves. Windermereans can do both which explains their Newtype abilities.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 15:21   Link #69
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles883 View Post

I think Roid is correct: his people were created to lead other races. Of course not in the sense of ruler, but guides. I think var was produced to counter the protodeviln, and Windermerians are immune to it because they were manufactured to counterbrainwash the ones who fell against the protodeviln and put them back into their control. Maybe their short lifespan is to balance the fact they are powerful fold wise and strength wise, so they wouldn't be absolute rulers nobody could stop. The ruins reacted to Freyja because she's fulfilling her real purpose: as an agent of peace who erases brainwashing and leads back the protoculture civilizations into the path of non-violence. That's my theory at least.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2016-05-23, 15:34   Link #70
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
At this point Sheryl's underwear was stolen, so I think Delta has the edge. We'll see how it goes. Specially when they finally start developing Mirage. They are doing a great job with Hayate and Freyja (also Messer).
Yep, my thoughts exactly.

To be honest I'm already liking Delta a lot more than I liked Frontier. Even at this point I like the characters a lot more than I ever liked anyone in Frontier, and thank heavens Delta is not pushing silly love triangle shenanigans either, opting for more natural, more adorable, and less stressful developments. (I'm all for Hayate staying just friends with everyone, provided that Freyja gets together with Mikumo, and then they convince Mirage to join in. That would be the ideal development as far as I'm concerned, so in a way I'm already disappointed by any likely canon romantic outcome. Then again, even in Frontier I rooted for Sheryl and Ranka to ditch Alto and hook up with each other... that would've been so cute... sigh.)

Plus, I actually like the Windermere side, they're just so awesomely silly. Especially that run, it's great. You have Srs Military Guys like Roid or Keith being all serious, and then their little funny-shaped hair thingie starts to glow.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 15:40   Link #71
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

To be honest I'm already liking Delta a lot more than I liked Frontier. Even at this point I like the characters a lot more than I ever liked anyone in Frontier, and thank heavens Delta is not pushing silly love triangle shenanigans either, opting for more natural, more adorable, and less stressful developments. (I'm all for Hayate staying just friends with everyone, provided that Freyja gets together with Mikumo, and then they convince Mirage to join in. That would be the ideal development as far as I'm concerned, so in a way I'm already disappointed by any likely canon romantic outcome. Then again, even in Frontier I rooted for Sheryl and Ranka to ditch Alto and hook up with each other... that would've been so cute... sigh.)
I like the way you think.

From the romance angle, I'm more interested in the AradxKanamexMesser (xKeith?) angle. The main "triangle" doesn't need romance as far as I'm concerned. It's fine as it is.

Old 2016-05-23, 15:46   Link #72
magnuskn

At this point Frontier already had the extremely fantastic episodes four, five and seven (and the others, aside from the one outlier, eight, were also really, really good), so Frontier has, for me, the edge against a series whose episodes really all so far have been "only" good. I'm still waiting for that one episode which completely sweeps me off my feet (metaphorically, of course ^^).
Old 2016-05-23, 16:16   Link #73
Tak

Quote:
I think Roid is correct: his people were created to lead other races. Of course not in the sense of ruler, but guides. I think var was produced to counter the protodeviln, and Windermerians are immune to it because they were manufactured to counterbrainwash the ones who fell against the protodeviln and put them back into their control.
If the Wind is meant to guide other races, then there would be no room for humanity and the NUN. Should that be the case in-verse, and the humans found out about their position being relegated to that of a subpar status... well, it'd turn ugly. Besides, there were a number of humans immune to the said virus. Not everyone could be infected by it. If the Wind is meant to fulfill a specific function in midst of Protoculture creations, then I can agree with that. To guide? Nah...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-05-23, 16:29   Link #74
zeross87

Ill probably be the only one as its a French youtuber, but hayate beating off-screen scene mase me think of this https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v...MIfCIQ&t=5m23s
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 16:59   Link #75
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
At this point Frontier already had the extremely fantastic episodes four, five and seven (and the others, aside from the one outlier, eight, were also really, really good), so Frontier has, for me, the edge against a series whose episodes really all so far have been "only" good. I'm still waiting for that one episode which completely sweeps me off my feet (metaphorically, of course ^^).
On a positive note, we get a lot of action eye candy. There is no dull moment, and each episode so far proved entertaining.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-23, 17:32   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post

Plus, I actually like the Windermere side, they're just so awesomely silly. Especially that run, it's great. You have Srs Military Guys like Roid or Keith being all serious, and then their little funny-shaped hair thingie starts to glow.
Tend to agree in terms of enjoying Delta a lot more than Frontier. Even this early on I'm enjoying it more than I did Frontier even having watched the whole thing.

Will just see how things go from here and if any of those entertaining possibilities come to pass .

If nothing else the show has remained consistently entertaining.
Old 2016-05-23, 18:57   Link #77
Darthtabby

Delta is a consistently entertaining, high quality series -I've been particularly impressed by the last three episodes. I don't really feel its had many "memorable moments" that left a really strong impression on me the way some of the moments in Frontier did however (even if we're only including the first eight episodes of Frontier). Nor do I think its characters currently measure up to some of the characters in Frontier (though there are some I like).
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 19:14   Link #78
Kazu-kun

I'd say Freyja saving the day in episode 8 was plenty memorable myself.
Old 2016-05-23, 19:23   Link #79
Father Hentai

Quote:
I like the way you think.

From the romance angle, I'm more interested in the AradxKanamexMesser (xKeith?) angle. The main "triangle" doesn't need romance as far as I'm concerned. It's fine as it is.
Moar Maki-MakixRei-Rei please
Old 2016-05-23, 19:53   Link #80
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
If the Wind is meant to guide other races, then there would be no room for humanity and the NUN. Should that be the case in-verse, and the humans found out about their position being relegated to that of a subpar status... well, it'd turn ugly. Besides, there were a number of humans immune to the said virus. Not everyone could be infected by it. If the Wind is meant to fulfill a specific function in midst of Protoculture creations, then I can agree with that. To guide? Nah...

- Tak
Humans aren't immune to the virus. Messer is human as far as we know. Less susceptible than the Zentraedi, perhaps, because it could have been designed to take back the control of those fallen to the protodeviln's wiles which back them were the zentraedi at large. In my theory of course. Windermere could have been their last ditch attempt before they croaked, IMO.

Face it here, Protoculture ruins reacted to Freyja. Not a humans, part zents, or any other species. Lesser degree they reacted to Heinz, who is too a windermerian. So yeah, they would be guides, created to take back the control of their other creations who were brainwashed by the protodeviln. Freyja, a Windermerian, is the new songtress. Not a human, even a hybrid like Ranka was (she was 1/4 Meltran, iirc). She's fully alien. But she, unlike her peers, doesn't give a damn about this "superiority" or any of that nonsense. She doesn't see a Windermerian, Zents, humans, she sees people who suffer. She's an example everyone should follow.

Mikumo is the other relevant one who also isn't human. This isn't a show about humanity leading anything, but the other species getting important, IMO. If humans were relevant in Delta, well, the main singers would be human as were the Nomes, Basara and Minmay. Other than Makina and Kaname (who aren't important), they are actually non humans.