AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-02-13, 12:11   Link #61
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
This is the kind of thing that annoys me a little with manga adaptations. When it's from a manga, fans appear to never be satisfied unless it follows it perfectly. At least with original productions, no one can say that and they actually have to base their like or dislike on the content itself.
Actually I don't have any problems on original productions. it's just when something is getting adopted like manga or light novel. We tend to compare those two and that when it starts to get troublesome.

But the show is still for april right? by that time it will be enough to have enough material. Plus I really don't care for fillers as long as they remind me of hell more than 2 years of filler waiting.

But it's a 2 cour 24-26. I don't see problem in it.
Old 2011-02-13, 13:10   Link #62
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Actually I don't have any problems on original productions. it's just when something is getting adopted like manga or light novel. We tend to compare those two and that when it starts to get troublesome.

But the show is still for april right? by that time it will be enough to have enough material. Plus I really don't care for fillers as long as they remind me of hell more than 2 years of filler waiting.

But it's a 2 cour 24-26. I don't see problem in it.
2-cour doesn't mean two seasons.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 13:22   Link #63
gameboy234

First saw the trailer and it look impressive. More vibrant compared to manga.
Then i read up to the latest chapter for the manga. Abit surprised that it only has 22 chapter and yet anime is coming in april.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-13, 23:02   Link #64
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
I'm not really sure why Tensai Okamura working on original anime means that this show will have a lot of filler. There are many directors that do both original productions and manga adaptations, but that doesn't mean they deviate from the manga material. More times than not, the reason an anime does filler is because the anime catches up to the manga and they're forced to do filler.

There's a chance that the staff may come up with their own ending. But if the series does well, I could easily see them leaving it open-ended so that they could come back to it and do a Season 2 afterwards.

I understand being a fan of the manga, but that doesn't mean it'll be terrible if it's different from the original source material. The first Fullmetal Alchemist series was one of the best animes I'd ever seen, and that greatly deviated from the manga. Now, if they do go in another direction and the writing becomes terrible, that's something else. But I think it would be better to be more open-minded and actually make judgment on it when it happens (assuming they don't follow the manga closely at the end).

This is the kind of thing that annoys me a little with manga adaptations. When it's from a manga, fans appear to never be satisfied unless it follows it perfectly. At least with original productions, no one can say that and they actually have to base their like or dislike on the content itself.
Agreed.

Yeah, gameboy234, I've still got to say that trailer was one hell of a great hook for a new series as I knew nothing about the manga when I first saw it. Since I was hoping for this to have a bigger story since it's currently my most anticipated show of the spring, I'm really glad it's going to be at least starting in the 24/26 ep length range since that already opens up the possibilities for bigger storytelling than shorter series (generally).

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-02-13 at 23:15.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-14, 09:40   Link #65
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
2-cour doesn't mean two seasons.
two seasons? but 1 cour is equal to 12-13 episode or mostly one 1 season like summer season or spring season. But having 2 cour means 24-26 episode but still it's a one season anime because it just continues in another season without ending it on one season. And it's not even a split into 2 season like Kaminomi. It just runs straight. A 1 season only.
Old 2011-02-14, 09:58   Link #66
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
But having 2 cour means 24-26 episode but still it's a one season anime because it just continues in another season without ending it on one season.
Certain titles who have 2-cour has closed ending without receiving a second season.
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-02-16, 06:02   Link #67
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
two seasons? but 1 cour is equal to 12-13 episode or mostly one 1 season like summer season or spring season. But having 2 cour means 24-26 episode but still it's a one season anime because it just continues in another season without ending it on one season. And it's not even a split into 2 season like Kaminomi. It just runs straight. A 1 season only.
Just to remind you, Misaofan has horrible English. He probably won't understand what you said properly or again post misleading answers... >_>
Old 2011-02-16, 06:14   Link #68
ZODDGUTS

It's also as if he uses google translation to translate to read and post here.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-16, 06:18   Link #69
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
This is the reason that when I can't understand properly, I translate with the help of Google Translate. But stop using with "he", I'm a girl !
MyAnimeList
Old 2011-02-16, 07:08   Link #70
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Ow god you hit the jackpot

Btw the CM was getting more interesting everytime its show up.
Old 2011-02-16, 10:13   Link #71
tsunade666

CM? what's a CM? is it the preview? I see new stuff in the preview every episode of star driver.
Old 2011-02-16, 11:42   Link #72
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
CM? what's a CM? is it the preview? I see new stuff in the preview every episode of star driver.
CM might be the short form for Commercial Break

and ye those commercials shown on star driver are good, im gonna be surprised if all through out the series A1 studio can manage to be consistent with that level of animation
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 00:33   Link #73
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

We all remember Togainu no Chi right?... ^_^;;

How incredible its PV was, how it failed miserably. Seriously, Togainu was THE-LEGEND-OF-BL-GAME.

In other ones, CM or PV means absolutely nothing, no matter how good or bad they are.
Old 2011-02-17, 01:25   Link #74
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

How incredible its PV was, how it failed miserably. Seriously, Togainu was THE-LEGEND-OF-BL-GAME.

In other ones, CM or PV means absolutely nothing, no matter how good or bad they are.
I get your point, but the main difference is that Togainu no Chi's trailer was said to be a pilot from the beginning, thus we knew the actual show wouldn't look like it. The CMs for AoEx, on the other hand, are actual animation from the show itself so it is reassuring to watch them and realize that they look pretty damn good. Though of course, it only means that episode 1 will look that good, but I trust the staff to give us consistent production.

A fourth CM was uploaded on the website a few days ago, by the way. April can't come soon enough...
Old 2011-02-17, 03:09   Link #75
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

i just remembered Ironman anime, dang the preview is amazingly animated but the actual show animation is mediocre at best
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 06:00   Link #76
tsunade666

guys don't be pessimistic. It will be fine. Or so I believe
Old 2011-02-17, 15:17   Link #77
Grim_Reaper

Quote:
i just remembered Ironman anime, dang the preview is amazingly animated but the actual show animation is mediocre at best
The preview was directed by Takeshi Koike and the series was directed by Yuzo Sato. That's a pity of course
Grim_Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-17, 20:33   Link #78
Genten
has a custom user title

Quote:
CM stands for commercial, which is what you are seeing during new episodes of Star Driver. PV stands for preview, which are clips that you see that show new information or animation about the anime. Think of CMs as the commercials you see for new shows on television and PVs the previews you see for new movies at the movie theater.

I really can't wait for this anime even if there is a pessimistic opinion of it. Ao no Exorcist was practically screaming 'I am perfect for an anime!'
Old 2011-02-20, 11:35   Link #79
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Y'know this is very off-topic, but there is a certain character in this series who has a striking resemblance to Hipira.
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 06:29   Link #80
tsunade666

who's hipira? and what character does he/she resembles?

Tags
fantasy, shounen