AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-06, 18:14   Link #61
Tressflin

What do you use to read scans?

I've been using CDisplay (originally from here), although I guess I should update to CDisplayEx (CDisplayEx and a newer version of CDisplay are found here). I love that you don't have to unzip anything (although unfortunately it's hard to read through anything already unzipped), and you can read through everything with just the space bar. There are a lot of helpful settings in Configure (if you're going to read manga, make sure to set to Japanese Mode under the tab "Program Settings"), and useful keyboard shortcuts.

My problem now is comparing pages. Sometimes I want to compare to the raw or different scan groups. I don't mind using the built-in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer when reading something I've already unzipped, since I can zoom with my scroll wheel, and navigating through the folder is easy. My biggest gripe is that only one window of the Viewer can be open at once . Usually I guess that's a good thing, but when I want to compare something, it can be a pain. Does anyone know where I can change something to allow the Viewer to open more than one window? Or a program that can open two or more windows and can similarly zoom and go through a folder of manga easily? Thanks.
Old 2006-11-15, 07:39   Link #62
YUNERO

I watch it online. This is because of 2 reasons.

1st of all, I'm a poverty stricken guy. Although it's feel better to read it on book(you can read it with any position that you like). But seem like my lack of finacial support doesn't allowed me to have a huge collection of manga.(I'm still a student)

Secondly, the online manga are update faster than the book at the market. Some popular mangas such as BLEACH and Naruto are update once in a week. Which means you can catch the storyline faster.

By the way, I'm just being so lucky because I know the Mandarin. Therefore I can enjoy the Chinese Fansubs of the translated manga and the anime........
Old 2006-11-15, 08:55   Link #63
ryomakun

I use Cdisplay too.
Old 2006-11-22, 05:31   Link #64
Willuknight
Animeblogger

Send a message via AIM to Willuknight
Reading Manga on PDA's

Hi All.

I'm currently looking at buying a new PDA, to read manga on, amoung other things.

At the moment, i have a Palm m500, which while is great for reading ebooks and games and things, the processor struggles with handling images (specifically loading and zooming) and the delays are unbearable.

I would like to know if any other forum members here have/had a pda on which they read manga (scanlations), and what hardware/software they used.

Specifically, what type of PDA do/did you use (palm or mircosoft), what model, and what software did you use to display/browse through the manga.

Cheers.
Old 2008-08-14, 01:48   Link #65
HikkiZ

Comic Book Reader

Hi.

I hope this is the right section to post in? Anyway, I could use some beta testers and feedback on a small application I wrote.

I've never been happy with other comic book readers such as CDisplay(Ex) & Comical. Random crashes, sudden jumps in memory usage and a feature I like in one are missing in the other and vice-versa. Also its sometimes fun to code stuff

Features include:
- Cross platform support using the QT4 Toolkit.
- Support for standard comic book formats (.zip|.cbz .rar|.cbr .7z|.cb7)
- Automatic selection of next / previous archive or image directory.
- Extract images from an archive without having to uncompress the whole file.
- Full screen and image scaling options.

Windows and Linux (source code) downloads at:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=236808

Thanks
Z.
Old 2009-04-03, 13:37   Link #66
KimmyChan

I read my manga in the actual book volumes when they're released

I very rarely use online manga readers or scans
Old 2009-04-03, 19:39   Link #67
Lord Uiruu

Question

with my eyes.
j/k j/k j/k

onemanga.com
Old 2010-01-28, 06:27   Link #68
Kuon
Were you seeing a dream?

Manga Reading Programs

I wasn't sure where to post this, but if posting is against forum rules could a mod remove this.

I've been using manga reading programs in the past to read large folders of manga but they never really got any updates.

Someone I know developed a manga reader with some nice features (Dual-Page view, Japanese layout). It's still in the early stages of development but some feedback would be great.

It's called QManga
Closed Thread