2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 4.11%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 13.70%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-19, 11:28   Link #61
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
"3" Kyuubaruto's weak and unintelligent state (fckin wood holding him? And taking years to make a move against anyone?... Some "ultimate monster" the kyuubi is all I see is an overpowered vicious cat with the exception of the galaxy ball)
Actually the wood that restrained MK was not a normal wood from a tree, it was a wood created from Yamato himself, and Yamato has Shodai's ability to control tailed beasts. So, just do the math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
The "wild" miniature Kyuubi sure is passive. His roar shakes the earth, his breath clears mountains and trees, but yet he was somehow manage to be tied up for a bit by WOOD! The Kyuubi chakra is poisonous and incinerate everything it touches (except for Naruto), but somehow Yamato was able t place his hand directly on it...........hmm
Yamato has Shodai's ability to control tailed beasts. So, just do the math.

And you actually reading the captions of the episode??? whats that about "somehow Yamato was able t place his hand directly on it"? when Yamato clearly said: Hokage-Style Submission Jutsu?

---------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
. And how the fck is naruto's clothes still intact? Anyways he is in some serious pain! (just BITS of SKIN left! even the slightest breeze would feel like FIRE!!!), but by the looks of it sakura's healing technique and kyuubi's healing power combine and bring naruto's skin back in no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ* View Post
Mad props to Kyuubi for his cloth regeneration abilities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
strange how the chakra burns and rips apart his skin but hsi clothes are still perfectly fine
--------------

In case you missed the explanation of JIriaya, the 4th tails is the next steps of tail growth, in the tailed state (be it one, two, three or four) the Chakra shroud is constantly injuring Naruto's body, by the time the 4th tail is revealed,, the body gets covered with Naruto's own blood, product of the constant Injuries received from having this chakra shroud.

To put it more simple, NO, the chakra doesn't burn Naruto's clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
I think Kyuubi was biding it's time really...since Naruto wasn't home at the moment...maybe the actual Kyuubi was at the steering wheel?
Nope, it was the wild beast all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Bad and boring episode, what da heck was Kyubiruto doing just sitting there and growling?, was the growling some sort of sound attack?.....if so that was lame...
This was Because the Anime team extended too much the scene with MK. in the Manga, by the moment Oro pulled his sword, Naruto growled once, and fter this we see Sakura Runing towards him.

And Monir, I think you can get rid of the polls, quite frankly, I dont think the Anime team is going to change their current formula, you are going to have the same over and over Again for each Arc:

-"boring" slow paced episode with no action.
-Dragged Fight episode with lots of Flashbacks.
-Action pack Episode with nice/excellent animation and good pacing.

Been the third Episode the kind of one we have seen basically twice or 3 times so far in shipuuden, and I doubt they change this, and begging to elevate the amount of Excellent episodes.

Last edited by Rurik; 2008-01-19 at 12:59. Reason: minor spelling corrections
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 11:47   Link #62
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Nope, it was the wild beast all the time.
I know I have a habit of jumping into your posts, but I really can't help it when you start stating lines like that as if they're absolute facts without any reference.

SO I'm just curious how did you arrive at that 'fact'? As far as I know there's Naruto and Kyuubi inside that 'container', which wild beast are you referring to?
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 12:28   Link #63
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
I know I have a habit of jumping into your posts, but I really can't help it when you start stating lines like that as if they're absolute facts without any reference.

SO I'm just curious how did you arrive at that 'fact'? As far as I know there's Naruto and Kyuubi inside that 'container', which wild beast are you referring to?
I'm talking about what was it, I personally called it a wild beast, but Jiraiya refered to it as "Pure destructive Impulses", in this case, this thing is an enraged being. Now, if you say thats not like that, I invite you to show me any reference (either statement or action) that shows the contrary of what Jiraiya (and not me) said.

and don't say I'm saying it as Absolute facts, as I stated many time before, no facts are absolute, but current facts are the valid facts until proven otherwise.
Old 2008-01-19, 14:35   Link #64
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

Though his roar indicates he's lost all reasoning, there are a few instances where it's suggested more complex thinking is going on.

1. Instead of on a rampage, he seemed more reactive, except in the one instance where the chakra ball attack occured, which leads me to my second point.

2. The formation of the chakra attack required several key steps: expunging the chakra from the body, reforming it, condensing it and finally swallowing it. As a final result he 'threw up' the attack directing it to Orchimaru. These steps indicate that Kyuubi very much is in control, maybe not to a full extent (perhaps hindered by the primal nature of humans when the conciousness takes a lower priority).

3. He is able to gauge the necessary response to threats as they approach him. The snake army as met with a swipe of a hand causing an explosive release of chakra. Sakura on the other hand was merely greeted with a swipe of a tail, which could have been alot more devestating if he wished it be ( I attribute this to Naruto's lower mind probably recognizing Sakura on some level and dismissing her).

My view on the 4 tail naruto based on these points, I feel he's probably a mixture of Naruto's primal instincts and Kyuubi's evil intentions. The chakra coat of Kyuubi has always been said to have a mind of it's own, so engulfing Naruto in that coat does give Kyuubi a certain degree of control.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 15:27   Link #65
Rurik
Golden

Please note that I replied just to show you the rebutal of your opinon, what Im stating are just mere assumption based on what you said and what has been shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindi89 View Post
Though his roar indicates he's lost all reasoning, there are a few instances where it's suggested more complex thinking is going on.

1. Instead of on a rampage, he seemed more reactive, except in the one instance where the chakra ball attack occured, which leads me to my second point.
Given is something of destructive impulses, if there is something that molest him, he attacks, just like a bee hive, thats explain why he attack on things that got close to him. thats could very well be an instinctive reaction, rather than a rationalized reaction.

Quote:
2. The formation of the chakra attack required several key steps: expunging the chakra from the body, reforming it, condensing it and finally swallowing it. As a final result he 'threw up' the attack directing it to Orchimaru. These steps indicate that Kyuubi very much is in control, maybe not to a full extent (perhaps hindered by the primal nature of humans when the conciousness takes a lower priority).
The steps to shoot up a power been can be directly related to a instinctive move, rather than and well tough up move. This move could be seen as a Tiger extending his claws.

Quote:
3. He is able to gauge the necessary response to threats as they approach him. The snake army as met with a swipe of a hand causing an explosive release of chakra. Sakura on the other hand was merely greeted with a swipe of a tail, which could have been alot more devestating if he wished it be ( I attribute this to Naruto's lower mind probably recognizing Sakura on some level and dismissing her).
This can also be attributed to instinctive reactions, a cat doesn't rationalize that he is falling and hence he needs to fall on his 4 legs, he instinctively gauges the danger and act accordingly.

Last of all, I would believe more easily that Kyubi had some sort of control, but what I wont believe if that there was any trace of Naruto consciousness in that being and hence the reason why it attacked Sakura like that.MK almost killed Jiraiya. ask yourself why it almost Killed Jiriaya whereas it had to rationalize with Sakura, (and dont give me the Love thing).

If you want to assume why it did that to Sakura and not something more devastating to her...: MK can very well tell instinctively what is a treat and what is not., and hence react accordingly.

Quote:
My view on the 4 tail naruto based on these points, I feel he's probably a mixture of Naruto's primal instincts and Kyuubi's evil intentions. The chakra coat of Kyuubi has always been said to have a mind of it's own, so engulfing Naruto in that coat does give Kyuubi a certain degree of control.
Yes it could be Kyubi evil intentions, manifested though his chakra (remember that Chakra does have part os someone spirit energy) .

as I said, no fact is absolute, but, you do have to respect what facts we have, while you did break down the reason why you think there is more than just destructive impulses, and someone controlling its actions. I showed you how it can be explained it to be just a Destructive force that act on pure instincts, which is basically Jiraiya's Descriptions of what it is (not mine), who happens to be the person in the Naruto verse who knows better than anyone about whats going on with Naruto.

And this debate was done in the last anime episode thread debate, and I bet that you can find this same debate when the Manga chapter was released.

Last edited by Rurik; 2008-01-19 at 15:57.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 21:06   Link #66
Sakuyakun

Shippuden is such a failure
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 22:50   Link #67
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

It's funny, but I was switching channels and happened upon the Sasuke-Naruto waterfall fight on CN...It was my first time seeing it in english and in good quality, and the feeling I had watching that again was 100 times the feeling I had watching this battle despite it's supposed epicness...Again some cool stuff happened (I thought Growlruto's power-down was one of the coolest things I've ever seen), but in the end you somehow feel cheated by this entire battle...The BGM's once again suck so bad you feel like you're at a funeral rather than an epic high-intense speed throwdown...Atleast I got to see Sakura get owned by tail...That was nice...7 outta 10 for just not being crap like the bodies Oro endlessly spits out...

BTW Growlruto didn't spit no more galaxies ...

Next episode we return to the $hitfest, well, unless Sai has a few tricks up his sleeves...Him sprawled all over the ground in pain kinda argues against that though :/...Well I'm off to look at myself in the mirror and ask myself why still watching this show has any importance anymore...

@monir & KiNa: Still need some batteries? No?

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-01-20 at 00:22.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 01:04   Link #68
wtfftw

this ep is ........,

i mean the totally ruin the whole damn show sakura crying. I mean naruto brought it on himself cant control his temper then starts beating up his own team what is the good about this. I mean the 1st tim i saw naruto with kyuubi it had meaning and suspense now its plain lame ugly stupid etc.

sasuke better come back fast cuz this show sucks without him.

and the yamato is a total prick, waiting for sakura to get hit and start doing his jutsu. show is totallly *ucked. If sakura aint you morn couldnt you do that justu faster then they really can stop the anime
wtfftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 01:05   Link #69
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I cannot expect much about Naruto on these days except only long, camera shots featuring the characters doing nothing but staring and be seated at their places.

Spoiler:

About Orochimaru's habits I no longer freak out at the sight of him vomiting himself over and over.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 14:40   Link #70
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
I thought the episode was fairly enjoyable although unlike a lot of people i dont require constant fighting for an episode to be good. I think it had good build up and decent animation. Intresting to see Yamato finally reveal this technique which helps control naruto and also left me wanting to find out what Sai needed to tell Oro. Another slow build up but thats ok imo as its gonna build up to meeting Sasuke. This ep was good so i gave it 7.
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 04:20   Link #71
Blaine

You shouldn't ask that here it'll get you banned.
Old 2008-01-21, 07:39   Link #72
hideki motosuwa
hideki motosuwa

damn i tot episode 43 will be good because sakura will cry and stop naruto but it just ended that naruto slap with his tail damn its such a poor episode !!!!!!
hideki motosuwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 15:21   Link #73
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
It shall be known from this day forth that Zek said it first, "Naruto cures insomnia." Hey KiNa, wanna talk more about batteries?

Since I'm already off-topic, I'll go off tangent a bit more. I would like to ask the fans that post regularly in the episode discussion thread about their opinion on the merit of having a poll attached to this thread. Do you think we should continue having a poll along with this thread, or shall we get rid of it? If you voice your opinion on the matter, it would be very helpful if you give a reason behind on why should or why shouldn't we continue to have a poll with the weekly episode discussion thread.

I'm also running an experiment for the next week episode discussion thread. There won't be a poll attached to it. Folks that want to voice their opinion about the episode will need to be posting in the thread. Hopefully, it won't come as a surprise to most of you when you see there is no poll in the next week's episode discussion thread.
Honestly i see no point in anymore as majority of the votes are just negative. People still voice their opinions in thread i see no reason to have poll to reinforece how many people were disappointed week after week.

No disrespect to the people who actually think the show is going great.
Old 2008-01-23, 02:54   Link #74
Bajan

I stopped watching the show a while now (last was 20 somethin) and only bothered with it now to see four tails in action, 42 was, IMO, pretty good but this ep. was just painful. Oh and OMFG! What's with that new opening music?!!! "You are my friend!" *puke*
Bajan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 02:48   Link #75
hierophant
anime freak

It is resume time!
Spoiler for resume of the chapter:
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote