AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-03, 18:53   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Can they not make some anime go straight to blu ray? What is the point of a show that you can't actually show anything in?

These enemies are pretty goofy looking, though I suppose they do still get the job done. Seems like the only hope really for the humans on there is being able to awaken their abilities without actually needing that medicine.
Old 2014-10-03, 19:06   Link #62
Jerseykid

any guesses how they got on the ship?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 19:46   Link #63
dredmorte

Hey guys, entertain me for a bit. So i've been playing Kerbal Space Program lately and couldn't help but find their ship.... intresting.

It seems that:
1 - its constantly accelerating and thats how it generates artifical gravity. The show mentions "low gravity" but they all seem to move around normaly so I asspulled something like 7 or 8m/s^2
2 - The trip from Earth to Mars took 39 days which I rounded to 38.

Assuming the ship turns 180º midway and burns retrograde to both continue to generate gravity and decelerate then we have for half of the trip:
a=8m/s^2
t=1.555.200s (18days worth of seconds)
s=0.5at^2=9.674.588.160.000

So they travelled in the order of 20billion Km. For comparison, the distance between Earth and the Sun is about 150million Km.

Either i'm still far from being a proper Kerbal Rocket Scientist or they went to the wrong planet.
dredmorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 20:56   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

The censoring is just so bad
Old 2014-10-03, 21:09   Link #65
jhpace1

All the timeline jumping around is confusing me.

BUGS I - typical NASA mission, the "best of the best". Wiped out by man-sized and shaped cockroaches

20 years later - BUGS II - filled with "trailer trash" that were surgically modified. This is episode 01.

2 years later - ANNEX I - more volunteers, and this time, the bug-men either got onboard from the outside, got loose from the research section, or multiplied themselves from the research specimen onboard

In BUGS II, we saw cavemen-type intelligence, with some leftover guns from BUGS I that the cockroaches somehow used. In ANNEX I, the bug-men were holding primitive clubs, but had the intelligence to find and destroy the chemical "triggers" for the crew's transformation abilities.

WTF is going on?

All I'm getting so far from the plot is "humans excel at ruining the environment and making stuff, but compared to the wild beasts, they get slaughtered". I could get the same message from any 1600s colonization story set in North America, South America, Africa, India, etc. And it's always nice how the bug-men are all built like 7-foot-tall Atlases, with Olympic-level reflexes, and know exactly how to kill humans with their bare hands (and feet).

If there's not an immortal mad scientist behind all this trying to kill all humans so he can populate the galaxy with his obedient bug-men, I'll be disappointed. At some point you want the Raid Black Flag guy to show up and go Arnold Schwarzenegger-The Terminator on all these bug-men. Drop a bug bomb and call it a day. There's only so many times the "terror as humans face a superior killer!" works, even in an anime dedicated to it.
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 21:26   Link #66
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
All the timeline jumping around is confusing me.

BUGS I - typical NASA mission, the "best of the best". Wiped out by man-sized and shaped cockroaches

20 years later - BUGS II - filled with "trailer trash" that were surgically modified. This is episode 01.

2 years later - ANNEX I - more volunteers, and this time, the bug-men either got onboard from the outside, got loose from the research section, or multiplied themselves from the research specimen onboard

In BUGS II, we saw cavemen-type intelligence, with some leftover guns from BUGS I that the cockroaches somehow used. In ANNEX I, the bug-men were holding primitive clubs, but had the intelligence to find and destroy the chemical "triggers" for the crew's transformation abilities.

WTF is going on?

All I'm getting so far from the plot is "humans excel at ruining the environment and making stuff, but compared to the wild beasts, they get slaughtered". I could get the same message from any 1600s colonization story set in North America, South America, Africa, India, etc. And it's always nice how the bug-men are all built like 7-foot-tall Atlases, with Olympic-level reflexes, and know exactly how to kill humans with their bare hands (and feet).

If there's not an immortal mad scientist behind all this trying to kill all humans so he can populate the galaxy with his obedient bug-men, I'll be disappointed. At some point you want the Raid Black Flag guy to show up and go Arnold Schwarzenegger-The Terminator on all these bug-men. Drop a bug bomb and call it a day. There's only so many times the "terror as humans face a superior killer!" works, even in an anime dedicated to it.
Your timeline is wrong, unless the anime messed that up, Annex I takes place about 20 years after Bugs II.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 22:09   Link #67
Wandering Soul

I already anticipated that this would be the type of show where I am in it more for the actions above all else but the censorship is just terrible. There is just about no point to those scenes when they really can't show anything.
Old 2014-10-03, 23:13   Link #68
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

So the new strategy this days is putting the censoring in almost all the screen so u have no other choice to drop it or wait till the blu ray is out?? Damn, now i dont know if i will keep watching it,since everything of the screen will be chatting and the action will be behind the black screen....
Old 2014-10-04, 04:16   Link #69
MasterVampire

I don't get it.

Humans have the technology to go to Mars but they can't make decent gun weapons powerful enough to kill these giant humanoid cockroaches?

What about just bombing the shit out of them from orbit?

Tanks?

Theres gotta be a better way.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 04:24   Link #70
Fellen
*Insert user title here*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
Hey guys, entertain me for a bit. So i've been playing Kerbal Space Program lately and couldn't help but find their ship.... intresting.

It seems that:
1 - its constantly accelerating and thats how it generates artifical gravity. The show mentions "low gravity" but they all seem to move around normaly so I asspulled something like 7 or 8m/s^2
2 - The trip from Earth to Mars took 39 days which I rounded to 38.

Assuming the ship turns 180º midway and burns retrograde to both continue to generate gravity and decelerate then we have for half of the trip:
a=8m/s^2
t=1.555.200s (18days worth of seconds)
s=0.5at^2=9.674.588.160.000

So they travelled in the order of 20billion Km. For comparison, the distance between Earth and the Sun is about 150million Km.

Either i'm still far from being a proper Kerbal Rocket Scientist or they went to the wrong planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I don't get it.

Humans have the technology to go to Mars but they can't make decent gun weapons powerful enough to kill these giant humanoid cockroaches?

Tanks?

Like i said before ''the show is quite enjoyable if you don't think too much about the SCIENCE''.
Old 2014-10-04, 05:01   Link #71
jhpace1

So it's just about the TERROR. A 7-ft-tall bugman kills a woman in an one-person shower but there is no scream, no blood, just two guys finding her and the bugman when he busts down the door. No explanation as to how the bugman got into that shower in the first place.

This anime is the Aliens franchise all over again. Or "Mimic", about the cockroach-like large bugs that came out from underneath a city and could look like people from a distance.
Old 2014-10-04, 05:02   Link #72
jhpace1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Your timeline is wrong, unless the anime messed that up, Annex I takes place about 20 years after Bugs II.
I am probably wrong, the anime keeps doing cut scenes either before or after. It's hard to keep track of the dates.
Old 2014-10-04, 09:31   Link #73
Redhazard
Desert Man

Quote:
I don't get it.

Tanks?

There are.

But then you don't get to do human experiments on live subjects
Redhazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 11:15   Link #74
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
So it's just about the TERROR. A 7-ft-tall bugman kills a woman in an one-person shower but there is no scream, no blood, just two guys finding her and the bugman when he busts down the door. No explanation as to how the bugman got into that shower in the first place.
Would you scream if you got ambushed by something with super-human strength and sliced in half by a club of all things? I don't think so. As for the blood, perhaps you missed the GIGANTIC CENSOR?

And how they got on board, the show hasn't revealed that yet.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-04, 18:42   Link #75
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
don't you mean blackface???, I am offense about the cockroach appearances and will be rooting for them to kick the human asses!
This BS again? Cockroachs are black, find some and look. And face is based on primitive hominids. Nothing more and nothing less.

Quote:
I don't get it.

Tanks?

Of course they have powerful weapons to kill giant humanoid cockroaches (probably)... but you don't expect visit of primitive aliens few thousands of miles from their planet, do you?
Old 2014-10-04, 23:44   Link #76
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The show has a lighter tone than I was expecting. I was expecting super dark and grim considering what I had heard of the series. I'm liking the characters. The performances are pretty good. The second episode felt a step up in quality from the first which felt kinda cheap to me. Overall, I'm having a good time so far.
Old 2014-10-05, 00:28   Link #77
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
This anime is the Aliens franchise all over again. Or "Mimic", about the cockroach-like large bugs that came out from underneath a city and could look like people from a distance.
Ah, nice catch there about Mimic . Yeah that Del Toro’s little movie is good. And you know what? Even though the scientific part in that movie is eyebrow-raising, it’s still miles better than the science in Terraformars . Also, so far the cockroach monsters in Mimic actually look a lot cooler (when they "mimic" human and looks like men wearing long coats) and creepier (when one of them tries to mate with a woman in Mimic 2).
Old 2014-10-05, 00:30   Link #78
MgMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I already anticipated that this would be the type of show where I am in it more for the actions above all else but the censorship is just terrible. There is just about no point to those scenes when they really can't show anything.
Same here. It'll probably be good as a manly action-packed series and not much beyond that. If so, then those outrageous censors will pose a much bigger problem here than in Tokyo Ghoul...

I actually like it a bit more than I thought I would so far, although my expectations for it were mediocre.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-05, 05:08   Link #79
Green²
It's bacon!

I'm kind of liking this series so far. As for the censoring, we just need to play the video using VLC on a AMD video card so that we won't be thinking nothing of it.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 03:17   Link #80
Mubyoshi

Aside from the atrocious censorship, I'm trying to figure out how cockroaches evolved into humanoid shaped beings... and dammit they're hideous! One would think they'd supply everyone with one of those medicine shots in case of emergencies, but nope.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genetic modification, sci-fi