3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-23, 16:29   Link #61
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
While I suspect we won't see the same kind of complaints (because someone gunning down a surrendering soldier is not exactly the same as a character killing someone in their office during what is essentially a shakedown) -- I can kind of see why people would complain about the third episode of the first series, even if I think the complaints are somewhat vacuous, since Mika shooting Crank is pretty unambiguously portrayed as bad.

The military's treatment of prisoners and noncombatants is a pretty hot button issue right now, and moreover, it's an issue on which there isn't really a general agreement within society.

Which is how this episode differs from that one: Generally speaking, everyone knows that gunning down a man in his office for not giving you money is a Bad Thing.
But this was a Civilian right ? and an unarmed one at that for us this episode was amazing but I feel Japan will find away to find an issue.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 16:33   Link #62
Kurohane

The issue was and still is that the timeslot is one that usually is reserved for more tame shows that wouldn't take issue to kid viewing. Gundam IBO has basically the same timeslot as before, so the issue is still present.
Old 2016-10-23, 16:35   Link #63
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Gunning down a surrendering soldier? Is that how they saw that? Man, those idiots can't pay attention. Crank asked for death.

As for Mika's latest kill, yes he's a civilian--who colluded with pirates assassinate a woman of high standing. Ergo, he's a terrorist, and he will not be missed. Viewers should realize that. They probably won't.
Old 2016-10-23, 16:36   Link #64
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Gunning down a surrendering soldier? Is that how they saw that? Man, those idiots can't pay attention. Crank asked for death.

As for Mika's latest kill, yes he's a civilian--who colluded with pirates assassinate a woman of high standing. Ergo, he's a terrorist, and he will not be missed. Viewers should realize that. They probably won't.
I 100% agree and it how we saw to CGS Jerks too but I wish more people were smart
Old 2016-10-23, 16:41   Link #65
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
But this was a Civilian right ? and an unarmed one at that for us this episode was amazing but I feel Japan will find away to find an issue.
In fairness, Japan is a lot less prone to 'oh, but who will think of the children' antics than, say, America, and a lot more in line with the relatively more mature attitude of the rest of the world, so I don't think this is an 'oh, that crazy Japan, always complaining about shit' thing.

As someone else pointed out, IBO is kind of in the wrong timeslot for a show with its themes.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 16:45   Link #66
darkone45

Quote:
In fairness, Japan is a lot less prone to 'oh, but who will think of the children' antics than, say, America, and a lot more in line with the relatively more mature attitude of the rest of the world, so I don't think this is an 'oh, that crazy Japan, always complaining about shit' thing.

As someone else pointed out, IBO is kind of in the wrong timeslot for a show with its themes.
Your very right, funny thing tho I asked this question on reddit and somehow people got the impression I hated this show ? LOL I don't know how that happen

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comm...xplain_better/

rather then get insight like you guys give I was giving thumps down

);
Old 2016-10-23, 16:47   Link #67
Kurohane

Quote:

Which ticks me off because they always make the victims unlikable first, so viewers mostly react "They deserved it!", which conflicts with the message that what Tekkadan did wasn't right either.
Old 2016-10-23, 16:47   Link #68
FerrusManus

Quote:
Your very right, funny thing tho I asked this question on reddit and somehow people got the impression I hated this show ? LOL I don't know how that happen

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comm...xplain_better/

rather then get insight like you guys give I was giving thumps down

);
Don't waste your breath on these people, darkone45. They aren't worth your time.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 16:53   Link #69
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
Don't waste your breath on these people, darkone45. They aren't worth your time.
You could be right, but I keep hearing how the Gundam reddit was good
Old 2016-10-23, 16:59   Link #70
wissenschaft

Did I miss something, what controversial thing happened this episode?
Old 2016-10-23, 17:08   Link #71
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by wissenschaft View Post
Did I miss something, what controversial thing happened this episode?
That Mika executed the Terra Liberionis guy in cold blood?
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 17:08   Link #72
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Which ticks me off because they always make the victims unlikable first, so viewers mostly react "They deserved it!", which conflicts with the message that what Tekkadan did wasn't right either.
Crank was far from unlikable though, he was arguably the most decent human being in Gjallarhorn.
Old 2016-10-23, 17:20   Link #73
Tenzen12

I was thinking it would be pretty meet if Hush were utterly incompatibile with Mobile suit, but ended ended as real beast with new MA.

Quote:

Which is how this episode differs from that one: Generally speaking, everyone knows that gunning down a man in his office for not giving you money is a Bad Thing.
Yeah! Orga totally should off him on the street! I don't think Orga can get any lower than killing someone in own office!
Old 2016-10-23, 17:41   Link #74
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I am foreseeing an ending with Mika farming...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 17:42   Link #75
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

You're not supposed to just gun down unarmed terrorists either.

But that's for police in a functioning, decent state. Considering their treatment of children, I don't think Mars qualifies as the latter, and the Tekkadan obviously aren't the former.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 17:43   Link #76
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yeah! Orga totally should off him on the street! I don't think Orga can get any lower than killing someone in own office!
I'm not sure how you got from 'killing an unarmed man in his office after attempting to shake him down for money is morally wrong' to 'killing people in the street is morally correct' but okay, sure, you do you, I guess.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 18:01   Link #77
NBG

I like when mika kills people
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 18:04   Link #78
darkone45

I think we can all agree Mika kills people who need to be killed, unless they asking him personally to be killed ( like Crank)
Old 2016-10-23, 18:14   Link #79
quagmire

Anyone else thinks McGillis is setting up to be like Zechs/Itachi? Willing to die for the sins he committed in order to purge out corruption? And like Itachi purposely spared Gaelio's life( but did enough to make it appear to everyone( including Gaelio) that he tried to kill him? So once he is finished with his reforms, lets Gaelio get his revenge?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 19:26   Link #80
Kurohane

Quote:
I think we can all agree Mika kills people who need to be killed, unless they asking him personally to be killed ( like Crank)
No, we can't, because Mikazuki is a base-breaking character, who's killed human debris along with the corrupt officials. They needed to die too?

Of course having human debris on the opposition isn't enough, and will be treated by the common viewer as no different from a red-shirt if the anime staff doesn't put focus on them eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Anyone else thinks McGillis is setting up to be like Zechs/Itachi? Willing to die for the sins he committed in order to purge out corruption? And like Itachi purposely spared Gaelio's life( but did enough to make it appear to everyone( including Gaelio) that he tried to kill him? So once he is finished with his reforms, lets Gaelio get his revenge?
No, because his agenda is rooted in a personal way to him; he's not doing the things he does out of selflessness.