4 out of 10: Poor... 1 2.70%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-08, 15:36   Link #61
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow Diva transforming was pretty cool. Nice job by Flit to use his x-rounder abilities and clear a path. That is one big cannon they fired. Glad FLit saved Ract this time. WTF Madorna popped out again from nowhere. So the UE really might be aliens. Poor Yurin, wonder if Flit will figure out he's fighting 2 people instead of 1.
Old 2012-01-08, 16:19   Link #62
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

So, this time, I'm giving my impression of the episode totally unbiased. Haven't read anything on here yet =)

Dislikes:
- If that Mr Ract wanted to sacrifice himself, he should quietly do so, and let his actions speak for him. Instead, he gives a boring, time-consuming speech about how noble he is being. Pretentious idiot, have you got no dignity?
- the UE is still a "faceless" enemy - we know nothing about them, and therefore are forced to accept that killing them is okay. It's very black and white. I don't expect to know everything about the opponent by episode 13, or that they would've given us reason to sympathize with them, but at least we should know their faces.
Instead, all we know is that they have a psycho kid and some old dudes, making them seem even more like a two dimensional villain. The fact that all they do during their limited screen time is slag off humans doesn't help either.
Sure, they will reveal more about them in the future, and it's possible to pull this off- see Macross F, but the difference is, in the latter it was just unknown why the Vajra attacked them, it's not as if we saw the Vajra being evil and taking the piss.
I don't know, I feel like we're being presented with a villain, instead of an opposing side, and that's exactly what drew me to Gundam way back- that it didn't DO that.
- Emily still didn't do anything.
- Flit is overpowered. I never liked overpowered protagonists unless there was good reason. It shows here especially, since he's one of only three main pilots, and he's sticking out like a sore thumb.

-Millais and Emily's talk. It was cute and while it was pretty standard, we got some development for Emily, which she really deserved after Yurin got so much. I still think it's pretty lame that she's the female lead, but she gets to do absolutely nothing and when she does it's about how she loves Flit- who she doesn't get more than two seconds of screen time with. Harsh.
- Woolf and orange-guy's talk. A bit unnecessary, but it added a tiny bit of depth potential to the characters.
- Desil being creepy. It's the only thing that makes the UE bearable as an enemy, and lessens how annoyingly two-dimensional they are at the moment. I just love cute psychopaths
- that Archangel vibe form the Diva. I know, I know, but I'm a bit of a sucker for that ship... ^^'' Although, isn't it dangerous to have the bridge exposed like that? A lot of designs have that though, so maybe it's just me thinking it's an easy target up there...?
- Yurin being made to pilot and most likely go nuts. She better go nuts, not cry and whine for Flit. Really like her suit, not sure about that being the color scheme for her MS too though

That's all that comes to mind, I'll go read the thread now

edit: oh and I forgot to say that yes, this was overall an enjoyable episode, definitely better than before at least.

Last edited by Faerie; 2012-01-08 at 16:40.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:37   Link #63
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Wait a second....the guy in the white uniform talking to the small kid wasn't Yark Dole?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 16:50   Link #64
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Earth-race doesn't really tell me much. This is Gundam after all, you take some humans, make em live in space for a couple of years and pretty soon they start thinking they're a new race, spacenoids, coordinators, and now x-rounders? O_o
Old 2012-01-08, 17:51   Link #65
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Wait a second....the guy in the white uniform talking to the small kid wasn't Yark Dole?
Nope, that's Geera Zoi, the kid's dad. He last appeared in Ep 4 after Desil hijacked the Gundam.
Old 2012-01-08, 18:38   Link #66
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Nope, that's Geera Zoi, the kid's dad. He last appeared in Ep 4 after Desil hijacked the Gundam.
But....wasn't that Yark Dole too?

I am so lost...
Old 2012-01-08, 18:57   Link #67
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
But....wasn't that Yark Dole too?

I am so lost...
Basically Yark Dole and Geera Zoi are voiced by the same actor and look exactly the same. The only difference so far is their name (which appears in the credits to allow us to know which one appears in the ep)
Old 2012-01-08, 20:09   Link #68
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman;3938921[B
]Basically Yark Dole and Geera Zoi are voiced by the same actor and look exactly the same[/B]. The only difference so far is their name (which appears in the credits to allow us to know which one appears in the ep)
How peculiar...

Anyway, just finished the episode, and man was it great. I think it's the best episode of the first generation, I loved the action and the tense build up leading to the photon cannon firing. It's also great that we're seeing more o the UE, lots of weird stuff going on with them. The episode I saw had Geera Zoi calling the Diva crew and co "Earthers". So these people are definitely from somewhere else, wherever the hell that might be. This episode was flawless IMO.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-01-08 at 20:42.
Old 2012-01-08, 21:24   Link #69
Vena
Carpe Diem

We need more episodes like this one...

So, who wants to start putting bets on who's not going to make it?
Old 2012-01-08, 22:53   Link #70
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Like I said before, just sell out on the action at this point...Sure I have some gripes on the woodworx of this plot, so many still in this episode, but in-terms of providing an overall enjoyable battle to watch, AGE did the best by far than it has...X-Rounder stuff is kinda WTF, but I liked how the Gundam responded to it...Especially liked the Knee-Machine-Gun^^ and how he used it to raep that UE cockpit...

Now hopefully we've moved to the phase where the enemy units become the extension of a person or some ideal rather than continue to be Creepy Gargoyle Mobile Dolls (For the entire show moving forward aswell)...Then maybe a little meaning can be gleamed from this first arc that's worth something...

7/10...Stop the presses...It must be the Tim Tebow light shining on me today^^...
Old 2012-01-08, 23:29   Link #71
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Like I said before, just sell out on the action at this point...Sure I have some gripes on the woodworx of this plot, so many still in this episode, but in-terms of providing an overall enjoyable battle to watch, AGE did the best by far than it has...X-Rounder stuff is kinda WTF, but I liked how the Gundam responded to it...Especially liked the Knee-Machine-Gun^^ and how he used it to raep that UE cockpit...
I think they're like the Taurus Mobile Suits from Gundam Wing. They can either be remoted-controlled or piloted.

If they were all piloted I cannot imagine Descil whose apparently one of their aces just go out in the Gundam and destroy 2 UE MS in actual combat. I mean they even reprimanded him for "wasting" MS and they didn't mention anything about pilots.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 23:46   Link #72
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I think they're like the Taurus Mobile Suits from Gundam Wing. They can either be remoted-controlled or piloted.
Unfortunately, the only quality they lack when compared to the Taurus/Virgo/Virgo II is the pin-point accuracy and completely inhuman brutality, which really does detract from their threat level. However, I don't think the story of AGE would have worked if you had pitted our cast against the likes of the Virgo II, the former would have been about as successful as space modified Leo's... that is not at all.

At this point, judging by the tech, I'd say one Virgo II would have annihilated the entire EFF, Gundam I, and the G-Exes, all before lunch. Not much of a story when everyone's killed by a Mobile Doll.
Old 2012-01-08, 23:56   Link #73
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
the UE pilot/space suits look a lot like Wang Lui Mei's
They actually remind me of NEVEC gear from Lost Planet.
Old 2012-01-09, 00:05   Link #74
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why did I expect Diva to transform something like Macross?

Spoiler for Macross F:
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 00:25   Link #75
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Transforming ship.....when was the last time we saw that?

Turned into White Base/Arch Angel(Legged ship)
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 02:23   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well overall not too bad. Know there are a few similarities out there for the Diva's transformed state, but I was also thinking Archangel .

At least the grunts were given some actual weapons to work with and apparently some resistant shields, crazy . Made them a bit more than simply meat shields out there.

Some nice Emily focus, but until it actually happens with Flit in the same room there isn't much progress there.

At least Yurin will be out on the field and we'll see what kind of mental state she's in there. Would think they brainwashed her or something in expectation of this battle.
Old 2012-01-09, 07:25   Link #77
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
So, who wants to start putting bets on who's not going to make it?
The biggest ones that stood out for me were Largan, Yurin and Adams. Yurin was a long runner considering how much death flags she had hanging around her, but it wasn't till this episode did I actually think that Largan might bite it. The cut from Millies saying that she didn't have a boyfriend to him telling Woolf to not make her sad (because really, who else would they be talking about?) pretty much telegraphed his glorious last stand.

As for Adams ... lol, that scene with his mother's picture made me go ''yeah, he's not going to make it '' not to mention that it appears like the Diva is going to take some serious damage net episode so ...
Old 2012-01-09, 07:54   Link #78
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Now...going from this episode, I got the feeling that Largan (not Woolf) has serious feelings for Milias, anyone else suspect the same thing?
Old 2012-01-09, 08:02   Link #79
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Now...going from this episode, I got the feeling that Largan (not Woolf) has serious feelings for Milias, anyone else suspect the same thing?
Agreed. Problem is whether Milias realises that, and whether she would reciprocate.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-09, 08:04   Link #80
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Agreed. Problem is whether Milias realises that, and whether she would reciprocate.
What sucks is that it probably won't be going into much detail.

Tags
weekly episode discussion