Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-20, 12:25   Link #61
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I don't expect Robo-Ky, Order Sol, Kliff, Justice etc in this game. Don't fit.. plus gotta save something for the next revision lol.

Still with everyone else plus some new characters, that's a big roster to start off with.
Well, what can be guaranteed is that every current character will be in the game in one form or another eventually. Perhaps not right away, but eventually.

I have my doubts it would be that difficult to include them all at the start though. I mean first of all they're now using 3D models which are much quicker and easier to work with, and second; move-set coding (aside from balancing changes and new moves) can be recycled from the previous games with some small required editing, which cuts back on a lot of time.

And since it's a team developing the game, divvying it up between folk would make things go even faster.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-05-20 at 12:35.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 12:34   Link #62
demino_hellsin
That one guy

judging from the trailer. Do you guys think this will be more fast paced than the original?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 18:18   Link #63
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Don't think there's any significance to that, really.
It speaks volumes, that they may be so early in development, they've yet to implement mirrored animations.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-20, 19:44   Link #64
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I'm awaiting Jam and my God! Sol has pumped up.
Old 2013-05-20, 22:08   Link #65
Folenfant
Banned

Oh man time for a graphical overhaul eh? I expect they might start kind of slow like how the King of Fighters did it's successful reboot with XIII and build up the cast list again possibly even with some all new characters. I'd be shocked to not at least see Dizzy, May, Johnny, Slayer, Millia, Bridget, Eddie, Jam, Chipp and Potemkin make it into the first go around though. With Sol and Ky already being confirmed that'd make it an even 12.
Folenfant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 03:31   Link #66
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Please don't forget about Testament, Faust, Anji and one-arm samurai woman
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 10:24   Link #67
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

by the way, what are the chances that the punk with a bounty that Sol and Ky were talking about in the trailer was Ragna?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 11:47   Link #68
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

None at all.

The more likely guess is that they're talking about "That Man". AKA the guy who developed the Gears.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2013-05-21 at 13:54.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 17:18   Link #69
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
It speaks volumes, that they may be so early in development, they've yet to implement mirrored animations.
Or, like I said before, it could be that this game follows suit with how SNK made their sprites for KOF 12 and 13. IMO, that's more likely to be the case. After all, 2D/2.5D fighters have never had mirrored animations.
Old 2013-05-21, 19:03   Link #70
Tokkan

Quote:
Or, like I said before, it could be that this game follows suit with how SNK made their sprites for KOF 12 and 13. IMO, that's more likely to be the case. After all, 2D/2.5D fighters have never had mirrored animations.
But these aren't sprites, they're 3D models. Their animations would have to be mirrored like in SF4 and Marvel 3.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:22   Link #71
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Looking at the visual overhaul, it makes me think that this style would work for DarkStalkers and BlazBlue if they ever decide to use a visual style like this.

But my only concern so far would be the speed and feel of the fighting.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:24   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
But these aren't sprites, they're 3D models. Their animations would have to be mirrored like in SF4 and Marvel 3.
I know they're 3D models. I already pointed that out (I made a comparison to KOF 12 and 13 which uses the exact same graphical style). But that doesn't matter because the graphics simulate a 2D sprite-based game, which means that there are no mirrored animations. That's the intent of the graphical style despite the use of actual 3D models. SF4 doesn't count because it doesn't have actual 2D drawn renderings over the 3D models, and MvC3 doesn't have mirrored animations.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:36   Link #73
Tokkan

Quote:
I know they're 3D models. I already pointed that out (I made a comparison to KOF 12 and 13 which uses the exact same graphical style). But that doesn't matter because the graphics simulate a 2D sprite-based game, which means that there are no mirrored animations. That's the intent of the graphical style despite the use of actual 3D models. SF4 doesn't count because it doesn't have actual 2D drawn renderings over the 3D models, and MvC3 doesn't have mirrored animations.
I'm not sure you're getting what I mean by "mirrored animations". I don't mean taking a sprite and flipping it, I mean emulating that feeling in 3D like SF4 and Marvel 3. An example would be Spencer's bionic arm always being the arm facing away from the screen in Marvel 3.

Also, KOF12/13 is 2D pixel art sprites rotoscoped from 3D models (same method BlazBlue uses, only more detailed).
Old 2013-05-21, 20:45   Link #74
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
I'm not sure you're getting what I mean by "mirrored animations".

Also, KOF12/13 is 2D pixel art sprites rotoscoped from 3D models (same method BlazBlue uses, only more detailed).
Then do tell me what exactly you're talking about. You didn't object to Frailty's explanation of your post, so there's two interpretations I have in mind of your "mirrored animations". The 3D one won't apply here, and the absence of the other is really just for demonstration purposes.

KOF 12/13's graphical style is exactly as I explained it. 3D models overlaid with 2D drawn sprites.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:49   Link #75
Tokkan

Quote:

KOF 12/13's graphical style is exactly as I explained it. 3D models overlaid with 2D drawn sprites.
But they're clearly not sprites in this game, they're using 3D models that simulate sprites by using keyframe animation and cel-shading.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:50   Link #76
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
But they're clearly not sprites in this game, they're using 3D models that simulate sprites by using keyframes animation and cel-shading.
Which I already stated in my previous posts. That being said, what are you concerned about exactly?
Old 2013-05-21, 20:56   Link #77
Tokkan

Quote:
Which I already stated in my previous posts. That being said, what are you concerned about exactly?
But that's not what KOF12/13 use. They drew pixel art on top of models, almost exactly the same as BlazBlue (except BlazBlue used blank canvases, KOF didn't). KOF12/13 sprites are 100% flat when rendered in game.
Old 2013-05-21, 21:01   Link #78
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
But that's not what KOF12/13 use. They drew pixel art on top of models, almost exactly the same as BlazBlue (except BlazBlue used blank canvases, KOF didn't). KOF12/13 sprites are 100% flat when rendered in game.
Dude, this is coming down to an argument of semantics concerning terminology. The point is, this new Guilty Gear follows the same general principle as KOF/BlazBlue. And that means that there will surely be "mirrored animations". Perhaps they've yet to be implemented as you seem to imply, or perhaps they refrained from showing them just for demonstration purposes as I've already stated. Either way, this topic is trivial concerning the actual game itself because we all know what the end result will be.
Old 2013-05-22, 21:53   Link #79
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Anyone think any of the characters from Overture might make it into the game?
Old 2013-05-22, 21:56   Link #80
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Hoping for I-No to be in the game. Always been my main since she came out. If not, well there's always Sol Badguy.