AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-13, 20:58   Link #61
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Of course the body count as evidence itself, but that's arguably not possible to dispose of it within DR setup, especially early on.
That being said, having incertainty in the number of suspects is a glaring issue, due to the jury system here.

Considering what it is at stake, an uncertain trial would lead to a lot of arguements, and Monokuma will obviously cut short of the discussion sooner or later. While a perfect crime isn't really possible in DR, increasing the number of suspects is possible. And in such case, it will be a deterrent for the jury, since they would rather vote with confidence than shooting in the dark.
As long you agree with this. That was my point.

This is why Sayaka set up Makoto to be the scapegoat. A perfect crime is not possible considering the limited resources they had at the time, so she had to shift the blame to someone else (i.e. Makoto Naegi).

I agree that it was hinted she might have a thing for him, and that she most likely wanted to save him in the end, but no, I don't think killing Makoto instead of Leon would have been the more efficient option. She knew she needed a scapegoat, and Makoto is the better candidate since he is far nicer and more cooperative towards Sayaka than Leon was.
Old 2013-07-13, 21:07   Link #62
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

It has nothing to do with the conversation...but it has Sakura in it so I must post this at all costs

That is all, carry on.
Old 2013-07-13, 21:12   Link #63
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Uff I have to disagree, a perfect murder in DR is possble.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-13, 21:36   Link #64
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Sadly, I'm not into reading LNs :|

Well, that's a shame. Personally, I find Zero to be a rather interesting story (though admittedly, I've seen a lot of mixed reactions from other fans). I doubt we'll ever get a game version of it, but maybe there can be an OVA or something.....

Anyway, there's a lot of talk about Maizono's death, but honestly, the victim/culprit combo that always impacted me the most was Chihiro/Mondo. I mean, after all the shenanigans with Togami being a dick and messing up the crime scene, it seems random for Mondo to be the culprit. But then we get the whole story about his brother and his obsession with maintaining the image of appearing "strong". And then out of nowhere Chihiro comes along and confesses to him about his complex. And the fact that such a weak, scrawny boy in girl's clothing was able to muster up the courage to confront his complex just pushed Mondo, who was also living a lie, over the edge, making him do an unforgivable act in a fit of jealousy, rage, and confusion. The whole conflict just felt so deep to me, you know? It's pretty much THE main reason why chapter 2 is my top favorite in the whole game. The story behind Sakura's death comes pretty close in terms of emotional impact, but chapter 2's murder just has a stronger grip on my heartstrings.....

And the fact that Naegi finds a photo that features Mondo hanging out together with Chihiro and Leon pre-memory loss really didn't help, either. And that's not even counting that Ishimaru wasn't even in that photo......
Old 2013-07-13, 21:41   Link #65
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Speaking of the pictures, I love how we see one with Mondo and Chihiro all cheerful...we also get one with Celes and Yamada and in one of the class photos Leon has his arm around Maizono. I just found it interesting considering the killer/victim combos.
Old 2013-07-13, 21:50   Link #66
marvelB

Actually, speaking of Ishimaru, I always found myself wondering what would happen to him if HE survived past the third chapter? Would he still maintain his SSJ "Ishida" personality? Would he have somehow come to terms with Mondo's demise and turned back to normal? Would he have switched back and forth between personalities like Fukawa and Junko? Would he have become a murderer? I honestly feel he had a lot more possibilities than Maizono did, but that's just me.....
Old 2013-07-13, 22:00   Link #67
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And the fact that Naegi finds a photo that features Mondo hanging out together with Chihiro and Leon pre-memory loss really didn't help, either. And that's not even counting that Ishimaru wasn't even in that photo......
I don't think the photos shown can detail their past relationships since because we don't know how many of them Monokuma withheld.

In fact, that's exactly how they were misled once in the final trial.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:06   Link #68
marvelB

^While what you say is true, there isn't evidence that hints against what relationships the Hope's Peak students had pre-memory loss, either.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:24   Link #69
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Speaking of the pictures, I love how we see one with Mondo and Chihiro all cheerful...we also get one with Celes and Yamada and in one of the class photos Leon has his arm around Maizono. I just found it interesting considering the killer/victim combos.
I know which picture you mean and I found it peculiar too when I first saw it.
if you look at it closer you will see that his arm is not around her but on the chair though.
The only thing about this picture is that I',m still trying to assess whether neagi stands right to Kyouko (right from her perspective) or is the one who took the picture.
But yes its still ironic.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-13, 22:39   Link #70
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^While what you say is true, there isn't evidence that hints against what relationships the Hope's Peak students had pre-memory loss, either.
Of course, but there is nothing to say their relationships were limited to only what was in the photos presented.
Old 2013-07-13, 23:14   Link #71
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
We already have an example of hagakure being culprit right? He is calm, and accept his fate during oogami case. he is idiot but he is a man!

i think SHSD Luckster should be hagakure... I mean he is just a gray character, not doing anything significant either its good or bad, he is just joke character i think. And despite being that, he still survive the game
He is more like the SHSD Idiot more than anything else...
He literally is the fella with most contradictions, unable to keep up with anything that is going on, and is mostly, all by his lonesome, towards the later stages where everyone was in pairs.
Not to mention his fortune telling isn't even anywhere near accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Uff I have to disagree, a perfect murder in DR is possble.
Also yes, I agree with that, especially when some smart alec decides to try and make the culprit harder to find just for the lulz.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:44   Link #72
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post

Also yes, I agree with that, especially when some smart alec decides to try and make the culprit harder to find just for the lulz.
lol case 2 is super hard coz togami is being a dick there
Old 2013-07-14, 01:53   Link #73
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Not to mention his fortune telling isn't even anywhere near accurate.
He did predict that Naegi and him would have children from the same mother. Not to mention that his prediction of there's not going to be another murder after Celes case.

Sakura was a suicide and Junko executed herself.

Old 2013-07-14, 01:55   Link #74
lildevilinhell
A foolish clown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
He did predict that Naegi and him would have children from the same mother. Not to mention that his prediction of there's not going to be another murder after Celes case.

Sakura was a suicide and Junko executed herself.

I sincerely hope that he predicted that wrong... Since his accuracy rate is 30%....
Old 2013-07-14, 02:05   Link #75
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well in a way he's right since both him and Naegi had babies with Asahina in the bad ending. It's all in Naegi's head though

Old 2013-07-14, 10:50   Link #76
zetsubo666

For those who have completed the second game, is there a possibility of there being a sequel or does it wrap everything together with no chance of a continuation?
Old 2013-07-14, 11:19   Link #77
AC-Phoenix
Detective

There is a separate thread for the second game.

Old 2013-07-16, 07:56   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

One thing I realized after watching again episode 2: I have no idea if it is an earnest mistake or a planned change, but some spears also pierced Mukuro's legs. That is a dead giveaway the moment people will see the corpse later on OTZ
Old 2013-07-16, 08:40   Link #79
DiabloCthulhu

^ Not really, Mukuro's body was covered with the coat, so that won't be an issue. Besides, "There are signs of many other wounds on the body. However, they are old wounds that were not inflicted during the last few days." part in Monobear File is already kinda big giveaway, especially if you take into consideration other clues.
Old 2013-07-16, 08:50   Link #80
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It actually depend if they will bother showing Kirigiri checking thoroughly the bodies in general.
Monokuma file actually is a tad misleading so not everyone could figure out immediately that it is a "used" corpse. That being said, having blatant wounds on the legs is just pushing it a bit.