AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 19 35.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 30.19%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 5.66%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-31, 17:28   Link #61
CamDaDarkWizard

So we know

1) Life Fibers are the equivalent to Spiral Energy.. Seems to me Ragyo has life fibers inside of her

2) Ryuko's reaction was very realistic.. She didn't chose to be this typical "chosen one" with this team up and save the world BS with a crapload of responsibility. She was looking for her fathers killer.. Plus she feels like her and senketsu(who she treated as a human) are being used(pretty much)

3) lets be honest there is no daughter/mother relationship between Ragyo and Satsuki. It's practically Ragyo looking down on her like everyone one else.. She's a toy that her mother can have her way with.. Ragyo treats humans as hosts for the life fibers and hopes the life fibers will consume the humans.. The bath scene was supposed to be messed up.. It was to show Ragyo as a messed up being and to up her villain status

4) Satsuki obviously has plans of her own and hasn't been fond of her mother since practically episode 6 when Ragyo was first introduced. And what ever the school festival holds she clearly doesn't see eye to eye with her mother.. Satsuki will rebel its just a matter of time but I can see she's tired of Ragyo's bs

5) Nudist Beach created by Isshin? Makes sense and I guess Ragyo knew about senketsu somehow and told our lovely Nui Harime to collect
Old 2014-01-31, 17:48   Link #62
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
I watched the scene again just now, without the audio. Lacking that and any knowledge of the circumstances, the scene itself still appears as a naked woman feeling up another naked woman, who is also writhing around.

So the fanservice aspect of it can't be denied. However, including the audio and the context of the series so far, it is an extremely uncomfortable scene.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I'm inclined to disagree, and here's an additional reason why:

This is Episode 16 of a non-episodic anime show. So its first and foremost for people who have been watching the show all along, and are already familiar with these characters. So the context here is crucial, and I don't think we're supposed to filter this scene down to how it may appear to people totally unfamiliar with these characters and their relation to each other.
I think we actually agree about the context being important in making the scene what it is.

But since doing things like making GIFs, YouTube clips, screencaps, etc., will usually remove the context from the scene, I wanted to consider the visuals by themselves, and it seemed to me that they needed the context to be disturbing. As a contrast, the Country Home scene of A Clockwork Orange, which is fairly obvious in what it's about, even in silence, and gets even more shock value with the contrasting singing.

That being said, I don't think the production staff needed to make the scene more unpleasant, because of the required context. Leaving the visuals more erotic than assaultive also cleverly spins off debate such as this, after all.
Old 2014-01-31, 17:53   Link #63
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
One brief moment looked like fingering to me (at the very least, it was implying that specific sex act). And it's a mother doing it to her daughter. Do you really not see why many of us find it disturbing?
I saw fingers by lower legs. I did not see fingering. It's about as sexual as Nudist Beach members are actually nude. Note that I'm not saying the scene is lacking any suggestion. I'm just saying that it was not a "mother and daughter having hot lesbian sex" scene. It's just as likely that Satsuki had a "moment" because of the properties of the bath water (as implied by the expression and the orbs representing parts of her body) and not because her mother decided to dip into the honey pot a bit.

You can feel disturbed by it. I just don't see why, and I don't think the scene deserves the reactions it's getting.

And to be frank, this is the thing people are stuck on? All of the death, blood, destruction, hot women wearing next to nothing constantly? A guy getting a wooden sword shoved all the way up his ass? What about Gamagoori's "punish me" outfit, complete with tentacle whips? Yet this gets people throwing up the "disturbing" flag, not the other stuff? Meh.

People are strange. The whole show flaunts "WTF" like an over the top flag of pride, upping the ante every episode, and suddenly people want to pull out the "woah woah woah....all of that other stuff, whatevs, but this is my red line!"

I'll just enjoy the glowing nipples and crotches.
Old 2014-01-31, 18:09   Link #64
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just to be clear, I didn't find this scene disturbing in a "What the hell is this show thinking?!" sort of way, but rather in a "That was very effectively creepy, and did a good job of setting Ragyo up as a villainous character" way.

But still, you're right, this has probably been discussed more than it warrants. I'll accept my share of the blame for that.

So to change topics... Do people think that Ragyo is being controlled by the alien life fibers, or could it actually be the opposite? Maybe the alien life fibers aren't the parasites they're being portrayed as, but Ragyo has somehow gained control over them, and are using them as her tools (rather than her being their tool).
Old 2014-01-31, 18:14   Link #65
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I think "the scene" is eliciting exactly the reaction its creators invisioned. Yes, it is titillating, but also quite disturbing. It starts out appearing to be a blatant play at both, but then you see the flash of chakras, and maybe there's more to it.

Quote:
How do you know this? Ragyo certainly seemed to be enjoying herself...
Don't know how you can tell, since Ragyo has shown the exact same expression in every scene she's been in. It's one of the reasons why she's so creepy.
Old 2014-01-31, 18:54   Link #66
Candyshark

Glad we put that topic aside.

Ragyo being victim girl from episode 5 does not match the story where it is told Ragyo was the one who made contact. Isshin was contracted by her to do research. Mohawk-guy would mention he has been humping main villian. I do support the idea Ragyo being host for Life Fiber. Her eyes resemble Senketsu too much. Plus the whole rainbow and I control aliens with my handwaving thing. Maybe she wasn't like that and slowly transformed since Satsuki and and Ragyou only have similar eyebrows and cuts. It also may support why Satsuki so cold towards her mother since it is not the person she knew. It is strange how I was so keen to know who could be Satsuki's father seeing mom it could be just random Lebovski.

So far I'm really interested to see if origin of Ryuko's resistance is plot important or device to underline why she is main char. Would it make her perfect candidate and Kiryuu successor as a host for next evolution since she can withstand 100% life fiber compared to Satsuki who is already at her limit.

Will Satsuki go ninja-mode and sabotage Forbidden Chamber or simple Industial Spionage.

I liked episode a lot since I finally got more of Satsuki and not just her authority figure.
Old 2014-01-31, 18:56   Link #67
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Just to be clear, I didn't find this scene disturbing in a "What the hell is this show thinking?!" sort of way, but rather in a "That was very effectively creepy, and did a good job of setting Ragyo up as a villainous character" way.

But still, you're right, this has probably been discussed more than it warrants. I'll accept my share of the blame for that.
Fair enough. I agree with that.

Quote:
So to change topics... Do people think that Ragyo is being controlled by the alien life fibers, or could it actually be the opposite? Maybe the alien life fibers aren't the parasites they're being portrayed as, but Ragyo has somehow gained control over them, and are using them as her tools (rather than her being their tool).
That's hard to guess without knowing Ragyo before all of this started. She could be controlled, or not, but we don't even know if she's human or not. So she could be acting a vessel, or she may be the "queen", in a sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Don't know how you can tell, since Ragyo has shown the exact same expression in every scene she's been in. It's one of the reasons why she's so creepy.
Admittedly the part I felt creeped out by during the scene was when she first moved her face close to Satsuki's. The animation warping during the closeup was really messed up, especially when you note her expression never changes, as you pointed out.
Old 2014-01-31, 19:22   Link #68
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

It's possible that Ragyo is under the control of the life fibers. But like others said before we don't know at the moment. All we know of her and her behavior is what we've seen of her in recent events. Personally, I think she's being manipulated by the life fibers. They're just using her in order to achieve their goals. It looks like they might try to take control of Satsuki, going by that scene of her being ensnared in the opening.

All in all Ragyo is interesting. She gives off the seductive feeling all the while making you feel uncomfortable. Big part of that due to Romi Park's performance. Wish she voiced more characters like this. Also the fact that she always looks calm, even when she's getting touchy-feely with Satsuki or she's got her eyes wide open and looks crazy.

http://tenka.seiha.org/images2014/klk16/64.jpg

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-02-01 at 04:07. Reason: Use the images tag when posting big pics!
Old 2014-01-31, 19:32   Link #69
Anime Online

Ragyo's eyes are seriously creepy this episode.
Old 2014-01-31, 19:53   Link #70
Death Usagi
Banned

I started hating Ragyo more after this episode...
Old 2014-01-31, 20:16   Link #71
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This might just be me but when anyone else sees Ragyo's rainbow colored hair and "divine" aura do they think of the story of Joesph and his coat of many colors?
Old 2014-01-31, 21:34   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
This might just be me but when anyone else sees Ragyo's rainbow colored hair and "divine" aura do they think of the story of Joesph and his coat of many colors?
Hadn't thought of it myself, but I can understand making the connection, especially considering the clothing angle.
Old 2014-01-31, 21:52   Link #73
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
If you mean this was better than episode 1... then that's silly. Because it's obvious it should be, when we have 15 great episodes of plot/character development before this, leading up to all of this.
*facepalms at my typo* I meant opening, not episode. I was tired when I typed that. It was 1:30 am and I was studying for a quiz at the same time...
Old 2014-01-31, 21:58   Link #74
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Hadn't thought of it myself, but I can understand making the connection, especially considering the clothing angle.
Right. Another thing. Ragyo called Junketsu Satsuki's wedding dress. Do you think she could have always planned to offer up Satsuki as a vessel to the Life Fibers? You know, marry her off to the Life Fibers in a sense.
Old 2014-01-31, 22:14   Link #75
Iron Maw
Banned

I like how this episode ended in a naked stand-off. Fiting really.

So, Ryuuho has become something of a chosen one now that her fathers ties to Nudist Beach has been revealed. Apparently all clothing to ever exist are actually aliens feed off on other lifeforms and play some role in the evolution of mankind. Ragyo has christened herself as being some sort avatar/prophet of these beings. She also likes to-eh touch her daughter a little too much.

Not exactly the most original twist and setup, but I can dig it. At very least with this the plot has moved on to new stage so to speak. Now whether van go forward will hinge on Senketsu accepting his role or not.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: New OP>>>>>>>>>>Old OP. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the ED. You win some, you lose some I guess.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-01-31 at 22:39.
Old 2014-01-31, 22:14   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Suddenly, Evangelion + Hitler butler

Love the GARNiDELiA OP although I still favor Sirius a bit more

Speaking of music....gods, I really need Ragyou's theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
One can only imagine what she did with Satsuki's father.
They should really have him appear soon, even if just as comedy relief

Plot twist: Ragyou is Tsumugu's taken-over sister? Don't think so though...doesn't fit the timeline
Old 2014-01-31, 22:41   Link #77
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
They should really have him appear soon, even if just as comedy relief
I'm expecting an average dude. A house-husband even. Kinda to balance out the family. More than likely the source of some comic-relief like you said.

Either that or he's a complete worm.
Old 2014-01-31, 22:47   Link #78
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Instead of complete worm either comedy relief or eaten by the Original Fiber
Old 2014-01-31, 22:48   Link #79
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Holy shit. What can I say? This was the most batshit episode yet and I totally mean that in a good way.....

Except for the Mom/Daughter groping. That was..........odd.

Keep on being fucking fabulous, Mikisugi...you and your glowing nipples and bondage gear!

Mako was adorable as always

And the new ED was cute!
Old 2014-01-31, 22:51   Link #80
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post

Keep on being fucking fabulous, Mikisugi...you and your glowing nipples and bondage gear!
I'm starting to think those are natural.
Closed Thread