AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-13, 16:57   Link #61
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Horn's situation with the extortion kind of reminded me of Lili from Danmachi.

I rather loved the call-back to the start of the story and the way Diablo holds absolutely nothing back against normies. Oh he's there with girls getting lovey-dovey on the battlefield? Very well, time to vaporize every last one of them.

On the other hand, his painful memories seem to still be serving him well in his conquests.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-13, 20:01   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's kind of funny how Diablo (the guy traveling around with a harem himself) is pissed off at Varakness doing that . I mean yeah he's certainly blatant with what he's doing and is taking things to another level with messing around on the battlefield. But I wonder if Diablo needs to re-examine his own situation for a bit . Things have changed since the times he got pissed at couples showing up to challenge him in his dungeon and losing it on them.

I actually was kind of surprised that Varakness really did give a damn about his harem. It wasn't just a convenient group that he could care less about replacing if needed. But he actually was rather impacted by the losses.

This certainly shows the power of tactics and gear. Varakness was insanely easier to defeat than Batutta. There's no doubt Diablo geared himself up quite a bit while visiting his dungeon, but it isn't as if his usual gear was poor. Might also be the gap between someone that developed their power through years of combat and someone that was powered up by a mysterious demon lord. Varakness didn't realize the danger Diablo presented until it was far too late.

Nice ending card as well for this one .
Old 2021-05-13, 21:54   Link #63
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Actually, it looked like he didn't care one bit about most of the girls. He only asked "why'd you drag her into it" when Diablo killed the healer. I got the impression that the healer girl was his one true love while the rest were just replaceable toys.
Old 2021-05-14, 01:05   Link #64
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Diablo went "die normies reeee" in an evil fashion
Old 2021-05-14, 09:53   Link #65
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

I was laughing so hard when Diablo start slaughtering Varakness wives, and then brutally butchered Varakness himself.

well, Diablo has more wives anyway. lol
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 10:46   Link #66
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, problem is he doesn't really fully recognize that they're his "wives". Probably doesn't help that the character they know, trust, and (whether he knows it or not) love is a character he's playing rather than his real self. Can you really feel like you're in a relationship when you're just pretending to be someone you're not? Could easily argue about how much is really an act (I'd say it's just the harsh speech pattern and grandstanding, while the core is still him), but that too is hard to see from the inside.
Old 2021-05-14, 12:24   Link #67
The Green One

Well remember Diablo's whole personality he projects to the world with his Demon Lord RP is fake to begin with.

His real self is peppered in there here and there but for the most part it's a false facade. It's not surprising he's not honest about others when he's unable to be honest about himself.
Old 2021-05-14, 12:53   Link #68
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's kind of funny how Diablo (the guy traveling around with a harem himself) is pissed off at Varakness doing that . I mean yeah he's certainly blatant with what he's doing and is taking things to another level with messing around on the battlefield. But I wonder if Diablo needs to re-examine his own situation for a bit . Things have changed since the times he got pissed at couples showing up to challenge him in his dungeon and losing it on them.
It's not about the harem you have. It's about the harem you're not too shy to touch.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 14:07   Link #69
rladls2121

I see Diablo still has not changed.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-14, 14:13   Link #70
Magewolf

I wonder if we are going to get a battle of the maids next week?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-15, 06:45   Link #71
Lex79

This was one of my favorite battle from this series. One would expect an epic showdown between Diablo and a level 160 fallen...except Varakness turns out to be a damned riajuu, and that triggered Diablo enough to completely curbstomp and his harem.
Rose finally gained her rightful place in the opening, and Horn gained the best party she could have hoped for. The matter of Lumachina is still open, though.
Old 2021-05-15, 07:24   Link #72
The Green One

Otakus will tell riajuus to go explode.

Diablo will explode you himself.

Well at least he's proactive about it lol.
Old 2021-05-15, 18:23   Link #73
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Varakness burned with Flare Burst (that also killed his last waifu), tortured with White Nova, right arm cut off, then finally hacked to pieces. -- don't make Diablo jealous. lol
Old 2021-05-20, 14:16   Link #74
Frontier

What better way to close out the festivities than Laminitus coming to Diablo for a nightcap? And in a sexy dress showing off her gorgeous body no less (and pretty clearly showing she's not wearing any underwear)! It's too bad Diablo's too awkward and anxious around women to seal the deal and right before she got naked, but hopefully he'll make a return visit .

It was nice to return home and see the supporting cast again with Emile, Sylvie, and Celestine .

Getting biscuits for a Demon Lord isn't cheap, so Edelgard becomes a server at a bakery to make money, and is even joined by Mei from the inn because business is slow. They definitely looked great in those sexy outfits, though I wonder if Edelgard bouncing her boobs is standard procedure for customers .

A criminal organization should think twice before muscling in on a bakery frequented by a Demon Lord who loves their biscuits...especially when they destroy said biscuits and set Klem on the warpath to dismantle their entire organization and rope Diablo in to help and keep them from killing anyone .

Even a light kick to the balls from a Demon Lord can mess a guy up .

It's a good thing those scantily-clad animal girls ran off, both for their safety and the possibility that the intimate energy of them around Measmos might've led Diablo to kill him in a rage .

Oh crud, it's Galford! The guy who gave Diablo his toughest fight in season 1! And he wants to take Klem into custody on suspicion of her being a Demon Lord! This can't end well .

But thankfully Klem's efforts (with assistance from Diablo) has completely redeemed the biggest criminal organization in the city and led to a massively grateful populace (including the male singers of the Opening, because why not?) and allows Galford to drop the issue, because what kind of Demon Lord would do that ?

Well, Diablo and party are setting off again to properly defeat the corrupt villains in the church for Lumachina, but it looks like they'll encounter Alicia and...wedding dresses as a result ?

That end card...Emile says he's an ally to women and allies to women, but is he secretly having really dirty thoughts about them? I mean, no judgement, but still .
Old 2021-05-20, 15:31   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Got to admit I really love Klem in this episode . Her absolute rage over the ruined biscuit was great, but also was kind of fun seeing her be moments away from annihilating everyone. Plus her attack moves have the best names ever . My condolences to Diablo who felt the need to juggle things in that sense. But she made this a really fun episode.

RIP to Scarface there. A low blow from a Demon Lord...since we didn't see him again I choose to think he actually died there. If not...he probably wishes he did.

Heck, I really liked Klem having a somewhat serious chat with Diablo as well. He might need to watch himself a bit. That Demon Lord persona is somewhat needed. Collar or no collar, if he acts too heroic around Klem she might take issue with it. Not that there's a real danger since she likes Rem, Shera, and biscuits so wouldn't actually take over the world and risk losing the trust of the first two or the taste of the last one.

The end card was kind of funny. No doubt that whatever his dreams, Emile is a good guy.
Old 2021-05-21, 06:59   Link #76
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

funny and crazy episode again. xD

Klem ballbusting that bodyguard is hilarious. Looks painful too. ><

Edelgard and Rose are a good pair, they both like torture. lol

and finally, tense moment with Galford. A deadly fight could have easily started.. thankfully, happy people started thanking Klem before anything bad happened.

looking forward to next week!
Old 2021-05-22, 00:01   Link #77
Strahan

No love for Horn in the ED eh? Rose doesn't get a lingerie highlight, but at least appears in the ensemble pic at the end. I'd say maybe you need boobs to be featured, but then Rem is there so guess not lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Books cost money, take up space, and you need about 5 times as long to finish the same amount of content.
I do enjoy a good book, but that doesn't mean I need to clutter my flat with them.
What is this, 1995? Get an e-reader, then you can have a huge "library" with zero clutter

When they first came out, I thought there was no way I'd want to give up the feel of a book in my hands and the smell of paper but eventually I caved to the great convenience. Sold off/donated my hundreds of novels and now it's all e-books for me and I love it. The only thing I still deal with paper is manga. E-ink manga just doesn't feel right to me for some reason.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 01:16   Link #78
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
No love for Horn in the ED eh? Rose doesn't get a lingerie highlight, but at least appears in the ensemble pic at the end. I'd say maybe you need boobs to be featured, but then Rem is there so guess not lol
I think the problem's her age. I believe the anime cut out the part where she tells him how old she really is, but anyone who'd read the LN or manga would know she's only 12. It's one thing to portray a fifteen-year-old with a flat chest, it's another to portray someone who would still be in elementary school.
Old 2021-05-22, 02:36   Link #79
AP24

Maybe they wanted to make sure that some people didn’t know Horn’s real gender
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-22, 09:29   Link #80
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I think the problem's her age. I believe the anime cut out the part where she tells him how old she really is, but anyone who'd read the LN or manga would know she's only 12. It's one thing to portray a fifteen-year-old with a flat chest, it's another to portray someone who would still be in elementary school.
Probably just putting her in a mini-skirt is enough...

Tags
ecchi, harem, isekai