AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-22, 16:54   Link #61
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Well, you can't have a romantic comedy without a scene with the protagonist and the heroine trapped in a very narrow space.
Especially with Desumi in that outfit that barely covers her body .
Old 2022-04-22, 17:20   Link #62
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Really wondering why this Series isn't popular.
Tokusatsu spoof anime tend to not be popular with the masses (just ask Samurai Flamenco & Kuroitsu-san) even though they did a good/great job being an entertaining spoof. That's coz people who follow tokusatsu overseas are smaller than anime-fans. So, if they don't get/understand the materials that the anime is spoofing, they won't get into the anime (except for audience who are really really open-minded about it).
Old 2022-04-22, 17:22   Link #63
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
It doesn't have an OP to bring people in like with Kongming. It also doesn't seem to lend itself to heated arguments like Realist Hero or Otome Game is Tough for Mobs... which is probably a good thing.

Its got a respectable following from what I've seen but the Sentai thing is either going to click for people or push them away. We need Trigger or somebody like that to make it cool again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Tokusatsu spoof anime tend to not be popular with the masses (just ask Samurai Flamenco & Kuroitsu-san) even though they did a good/great job being an entertaining spoof.
I couldn't get into Kuroitsu-san but I did really kind of like Dokyuu Hentai HxEros
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 18:48   Link #64
Decel

Fudo got sat on his head, he's already a few leagues beyond the typical romcom development!. I don't get how Desumi gets embarassed by her bra, given everything she's showing in her outfit.

Also, Princess Series!!! Win! I hope we see their interaction with Desumi the same way we see the Gelato members interact.

I keep expecting the eventual deception of the typical re-heated plotlines of romcoms, but so far this series is a blast!
Old 2022-04-22, 23:20   Link #65
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

That ... explained a lot about why citizens are very calm about this.

The picture depicted Gekko farmed negative feelings by taking it out from stressed people.
Which means citizens will be on positive attitude for most of times, no one will complained about existence of super villain as disruption from them virtually non-existent. Kinda explains why Gekko workers are pure (for lack of better words) compare to serious Gelato workers. Totally not expecting this kind of details from villains meeting in rom-com. LOL.

Green on paid leave is the most hilarious line in this episode.

HanaKana as Beast Princess is unexpected, she really took unusual roles lately.
Old 2022-04-22, 23:26   Link #66
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Fudo got sat on his head, he's already a few leagues beyond the typical romcom development!. I don't get how Desumi gets embarassed by her bra, given everything she's showing in her outfit.

Also, Princess Series!!! Win! I hope we see their interaction with Desumi the same way we see the Gelato members interact.

I keep expecting the eventual deception of the typical re-heated plotlines of romcoms, but so far this series is a blast!
I guess there's a difference between a skimpy outfit you're fine with people seeing you in and actual underwear (like the difference between underwear and a bikini) .
Old 2022-04-23, 00:56   Link #67
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Especially with Desumi in that outfit that barely covers her body .
And random underwear pieces showing.

Anyway, I openly admit that when the other generals were introduced I checked if their gender composition matched the reverse of Gelato Five so they could be all be romanticallly paired by the end of the series.
Old 2022-04-23, 02:09   Link #68
Huh...?

Quote:
Anyway, I openly admit that when the other generals were introduced I checked if their gender composition matched the reverse of Gelato Five so they could be all be romanticallly paired by the end of the series.
How?
Except the Bear Commander & Supreme Leader Bosslar, all the rest of the members of Gekko introduced so far are Girls (Reaper Princess, Steel Princess, Evil Beast Princess & Heat Princess).
Unless there is going to be Yuri pairing in this Series (which i doubt, considering the demography this series is targeting), i doubt they would romantically reverse match all the Gekko members with Gelato 5 members.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")

Last edited by Huh...?; 2022-04-23 at 02:37.
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 02:44   Link #69
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

They'll probably used to explain how good Gekko payment or working environment.

I mean, after reveal that Reaper Princess is a good girl and Green got paid leave, won't be surprise if Beast Princess turned out to be an OL that being villain is her secondary job or Steel Princess is a simply a chuuni fan.

Old 2022-04-23, 04:49   Link #70
Lex79

Quote:
How?
Except the Bear Commander & Supreme Leader Bosslar, all the rest of the members of Gekko introduced so far are Girls (Reaper Princess, Steel Princess, Evil Beast Princess & Heat Princess).
Unless there is going to be Yuri pairing in this Series (which i doubt, considering the demography this series is targeting), i doubt they would romantically reverse match all the Gekko members with Gelato 5 members.
From the opening I thought at least one of them could be male, then they were all introduced as girls so of course we won't see them paired with the good guys.
Old 2022-04-23, 06:08   Link #71
Dj0rel
True Believer

I chuckled when Culverin Bear smacked Death Queen for blowing their cover. It reminded me of the scene when Deep Sea King punched Saitama.

Quote:
How?
Well...
Spoiler for Light spoiler:
Old 2022-04-23, 09:08   Link #72
Estzero1

Quote:
From the opening I thought at least one of them could be male, then they were all introduced as girls so of course we won't see them paired with the good guys.
Don't worry. There will be a "Let me explain" later to answer those questions.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 09:28   Link #73
Frontier

I'm kind of curious what the other Princesses' look like outside their costumes...does Beast Princess always look like that? What does Steel Princess look like outside that costume? Is Heat Princess secretly a major beautie ?
Old 2022-04-23, 19:09   Link #74
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The only anime I know that are really getting exposure is Spy Family (which was advertised to death by the industry), Kaguya (sequel), and Kongming (Zat OP!)
And the rest are more or less average or below. Tokusatsu, Musicals, G-go-gol-golf?! lol, the last thing anime otakus care about.
At least this anime has some fanservice to attract the eyes (though I doubt it will lead to sales).
I personally put it in my top 3 this season so far though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 20:24   Link #75
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly the show is fun and cute. So it is a bit too bad that it isn't getting that much attention. But at least it is going to be a fun one to enjoy .

I was a bit surprised at the start of the episode when it came to Fudo and Desumi not being in contact. He's following her on social media. Couldn't he just message her privately and arrange another date? Although maybe it is one that doesn't have a private message feature. And I get that without this he wouldn't be nearly so desperate to sneak into their facility.

At least the bud of a crush from Pink should be taken care of in the coming episodes. Too bad for her, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Old 2022-04-24, 00:39   Link #76
Lex79

This episode showed him as technologically illiterate, so I'm assuming he was following Desumi from some shared pc but didn't have a personal account on social media to contact her.
Old 2022-04-24, 00:55   Link #77
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
This episode showed him as technologically illiterate, so I'm assuming he was following Desumi from some shared pc but didn't have a personal account on social media to contact her.
Nah, he got the account.

It mentioned in first episode, Proteinman; he regularly visit and commented on Desumi's.
Its more like he's the practical person that "If I can use PC on office for browsing and rarely made phone call, why smartphone?", doesn't help that all Gelato workers confirmed Fudo spending most of his time in gym for body building.
Old 2022-04-24, 01:06   Link #78
Lex79

Right, I forgot that detail.
Old 2022-04-29, 09:42   Link #79
Frontier

Desumi as a high school girl! In her school uniform no less! Not only does Desumi have a normal life as a high school girl with attending a handicrafts club but she also has friends she leaves school with (who she keeps out of the loop on her villainous activities). Friends she plays coy with on her relationship status like a cool girl who has a boyfriend...up until she sees that boyfriend with his female co-worker enjoying a nice lunch date .

Haru's just trying to ascertain whether Fudo has a girlfriend after seeing that picture of him and Desumi together, but Fudo being Fudo just thinks she wants muscle and strength training. And Haru can't think of how a musclehead like that could have a girlfriend, not knowing what Desumi went through on their first date .

So Haru's the latest member of the team? I kind of assumed they all joined up together, but it seems like they weren't all on the team at the same time and people can just join up. I'm really curious how this all works .

Fudo thinks it's going to be a typical bout of flirting while fighting between him and Desumi, but this time Desumi is playing for keeps because she's mad and she throws Fudo around like a ragdoll. Never make Desumi upset .

Desumi has enough sense to know Fudo isn't the type of person who would cheat on her, but that doesn't mean she's not still upset seeing him with another woman, especially knowing the limits of what they're able to do together in broad daylight. Poor Desumi thinks she's not girly enough and that love makes her weak when she's the girliest and still as strong as ever .

But luckily Fudo is able to embrace her, re-affirm his love for her, and the pair are able to come together and re-establish the status quo...until we see Haru right next to them who heard the whole thing. Yep, they're busted .

Fudo and Desumi are terrified of what Haru has in store for them and Desumi is ready to go straight at taking her out to prevent anything from happening, but all Pink Gelato wants is to challenge the Reaper Princess to a surprisingly well-animated brawl .

Why didn't Haru expose them? She loves Fudo, she even joined the team out of that love, and she has every reason to expose their relationship if she wants him to herself. But not only does Haru love Fudo, but she's grateful to Desumi as the girl who once saved her from thugs and inspired her to be strong, and she sees how happy Desumi makes Fudo. How could she ever jeopardize something so beautiful involving the two people she respects and loves so much? Even if it hurts .

But I'm glad Desumi and Haru were able to hug and cry together after understanding each other and their emotions, and grow closer, and Haru is giving the relationship her full support. Desumi just has keep at it to make sure Haru doesn't have a chance to steal him away .
Old 2022-04-29, 11:16   Link #80
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly that was handled way better than I expected. Gave Haru and Desumi good character moments and let them really shine. It's an uncomfortable and difficult situation. Haru has to process the painful reality of the guy she likes being out of reach. But at the same time Desumi can't just pretend like she doesn't care. She's taking on the reality that being happy does mean that someone else isn't going to be (at least not right away). It's a strong reminder to treasure what she has and not treat it like a negative that's making her weak.

Makes sense enough that the Gelato team has a roster that rotates out over time. Any number of reasons that the previous pink ended up leaving the team. Props to Haru for giving all she has despite being both the youngest member of the team and the newest. No doubt she's been giving her all to get stronger and get closer to Fudo. But sadly she just ran out of road to even really make an attempt. Not that it would have been easy since with someone like Fudo only the most openly direct approach would have worked.

Of course she couldn't just break things up. Beyond the obvious that doing that wouldn't help her get what she wants anyways. Considering Fudo's imagination of her having a maliciously evil smirk about reporting him...she had a long road to go anyways. But beyond that, Haru couldn't bring pain to others even if it was guaranteed she'd get Fudo in the end.

Of course it really does bring up the latest repeat of "why is Desumi on that side?" Even if the evil side here isn't super evil...there still doesn't seem to be much reason to side with that organization.