AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-02-08, 15:52   Link #61
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I think it says a lot for how much Aoi does respect the person Tomozaki is and is growing into that she has brought even Hanabi into the mix on this debate.

I did share his immediate uncertainty with Yuzu being mentioned. But I suppose Aoi isn't wrong on this one. If things don't work out for her then Tomozaki is a completely legitimate option with how close they are. And technically it's not impossible to go with her. It's just an option I personally would push aside. If things don't work out with Nakamura then of course it's worth consideration. But until then I wouldn't give it more than a passing thought.

While Aoi teasingly threw herself into the mix I'd fully expect her to stay to the sidelines as she tends to. So it really comes down to Hanabi, Fuka, and Minami. I do question the idea of trying to turn him into a full blown harem protagonist here. Sure, I get her logic for what he'd gain out of all that, but it seems a risky choice with more demerits than gains. That she'd sacrifice people she calls her friends for that purpose makes her a monster.

But we'll see how this all goes. At least for now it's all about who he wants to get closer to. Should be easy enough with the girls on the committee. But things are in good shape in general.
I wouldn't call it respect for Fumiya that Aoi included Hanabi but disrespect for her "friend" since Aoi literally demanded that he date 2 girls at the same time. That is not how one should treat a friend. It speaks to how inhuman Aoi is with literally everyone including Fumiya being a tool to be used for her own gain.

Aoi, as she stated in Episode 1 of Season 1, couldn't accept she lost to someone who was terrible at life and wasn't even trying, and her goal is to make Fumiya into what she deems a respectable person so that it takes the sting out of losing to him at TackFam, and in the off chance she becomes better than him at TackFam, make her feel truly accomplished and feel that it was worth her efforts to improve his image.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 17:19   Link #62
Frontier

She's been playing too many visual novels...
Old 2024-02-14, 10:47   Link #63
Frontier

Not only is the class doing a manga cafe, but they'll even be putting on a play for the cultural festival! And you can always do all the old school choices...but Tomozaki suggests an original play! Way to put himself out there! Especially when he lands the director's job. And now he has to manage the play while developing his love life AND pinsta account !

It's cute how Yuzu is really putting herself out there as well and being so outgoing. It's also doubly cute how Shuji doesn't want her to pus herself too much. He's a caring boyfriend !

Mimimi playful teasing toes the line between comedy and flirting, but that moment where she puts her body up against Tomozaki and he holds her by the shoulder DEFINITELY felt romantic, especially the way the two reacted. And what better timing to take her out for Ramen (and get a pic in the process)? Even if she just wants to eat the gyoza .

Tomozaki being so awkward about trying to get Mimimi to go along with his goal of seeing her eat ramen...Mimimi can tell something's up but she plays along to make HIM eat something from her. And Tomozaki being his anxious but earnest self is what really saves the mood, especially because that's what she likes about him .

Honestly I was kind of hoping all of Tomozaki's pics would be blurry just for the comedy of it .

But Tomozaki can't forget about the Fuka route! Especially when they're so close that Fuka is showing him all the short stories she personally wrote, which is a big deal for her .

We have all the cast together (except Fuka) and Takei still gets piled on. Though that Tama face will stay with me...more than Tomozaki's version of it !

Fuka is cute when she's gushing about her work with Tomozaki, Fuka is doubly cute when she realizes she mistakenly included an unfinished story in the ones she gave Tomozaki, and she's super cute when she's putting herself out there to write the play for the class because she's been so inspired by Tomozaki !

Though the only one who seems less than thrilled about it is Mimimi, especially when she sees how close Tomozaki and Fuka are .

But let's leave all the potential love drama aside because Tomozaki and Mizusawa are going to deepen their bromance by attending another school's culture festival together! And not only is it Gumi's high school but the sacred land known...as an all-girls school !
Old 2024-02-14, 21:07   Link #64
larethian

With regards to the negative light on Aoi tasking Tomozaki to date multiple girls concurrently, it feels like overreacting to me. It could be due to just being exposed to different values depending on one's social circle or a perspective from one's own experiences.

From my own circle, it's perfectly fine to see multiple people at the same time, if it's understood that it's not a committed relationship and if it doesn't involve sexual relations. Which is kind of the norm and implicitly understood in my riajuu circles.

Dating around doesn't mean sleeping around. Going on a date is just going out for a shared experience, getting to know each other better and seeing whether you might be a good fit for each other. Basically, just hanging out. It would be a different story once a couple decides to be in a committed relationship and might even move into a sexual one. At that point, they shouldn't be seeing someone else, much less sleeping around.

On a side note with regards to the episode, I already feel bad for Mimimi. She's honestly my favourite person to root for.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-14, 21:36   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Aoi definitely has her evil streak. But I suppose in this case it's a good thing. It helps push Tomozaki out of his comfort zone. And keeps him moving forward. Even if sometimes he'll justifiably push back against where Aoi wants to go.

Plus Mimimi knows how to push a bit in her own way. Although maybe she doesn't quite know how to handle where she ends up along the way . And yeah once he got her out to eat it would be a waste to not try and find a way to get the picture. After all be pretty awkward to invite her out again for ramen right away after this .

Although fairly awkward as it was to offer her a bit of ramen...and then go into photo barrage mode without actually bringing that up first . At least it worked out!

Going straight forward with Tama definitely is best. Glad that didn't have any problems.

And seems like we're heading down a Mimimi and Fuka direction. Which makes sense. Yuzu isn't an option he'll seriously consider. If something happens then maybe, but definitely not now. And while Tama is certainly a possibility, it doesn't feel like things are leaning in that way. This is the kind of drama that's ok though. Feelings are building up even if they were poked along. Will be interesting to see if Mimimi goes on the offensive or if she pulls back.
Old 2024-02-15, 10:17   Link #66
scififan

Somehow, the ponytail girl' reaction shows she has idea that Tomozaki-kun is a two timing pick up artist. To Tomozaki, he is more interested to become an alpha male. So, he follows Aoi's lead anyway.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 17:37   Link #67
grecefar

I don't blame mimimi for looking like that. The guy asked you, she would think that he is interested in you but then the next day he is with another girl and going all smiles and cozy with her.

For me it seems that fuka will win this.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 19:19   Link #68
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I don't blame mimimi for looking like that. The guy asked you, she would think that he is interested in you but then the next day he is with another girl and going all smiles and cozy with her.

For me it seems that fuka will win this.
When you feel like you're reading the signs right and then he throws a curveball .
Old 2024-02-15, 21:59   Link #69
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
When you feel like you're reading the signs right and then he throws a curveball .
When you remember her issues with Aoi it hits even harder.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-15, 23:58   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
When you remember her issues with Aoi it hits even harder.
Part of why I'm kind of worried about her is I don't want to see her come 2nd in love too .
Old 2024-02-16, 00:38   Link #71
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Part of why I'm kind of worried about her is I don't want to see her come 2nd in love too .
Maybe I'm misgauging things, but losing to Fuuka in love doesn't necessarily mean she is second in love. She was just never on Fumiya's radar for that in the first place. I could be wrong, but I don't think this will rehash Mimimi's issues with being second to Aoi. Maybe if Fumiya dated both Aoi and Mimimi and ended up choosing Aoi, it'd be an issue, but I think as long as Fumiya is able to let Mimimi down gently, I think she'll be okay. Or at least I hope that'll be the case.
Old 2024-02-16, 10:17   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
Maybe I'm misgauging things, but losing to Fuuka in love doesn't necessarily mean she is second in love. She was just never on Fumiya's radar for that in the first place. I could be wrong, but I don't think this will rehash Mimimi's issues with being second to Aoi. Maybe if Fumiya dated both Aoi and Mimimi and ended up choosing Aoi, it'd be an issue, but I think as long as Fumiya is able to let Mimimi down gently, I think she'll be okay. Or at least I hope that'll be the case.
She still wouldn't win...
Old 2024-02-16, 19:34   Link #73
Chosen_Hero

So the choices are a sociopath, a boring girl, a girl that rejected him on reflex when asked to entertain the thought, a girl with a boyfriend to possibly cuck and the best girl by a mile... sadly, at this point I am convinced Japan has shit taste when it comes to romance manga/anime/LN (the truly good ones can be counted in one hand), so I don't expect a good outcome, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised for once.

With that said, I hope that at least this author is aware at how messed up it is to force Tomozaki to get a girlfriend just for the sake of it and has him completely turn this "assignments" on it's head, so that instead of doing it just because Aoi told him to, he does is on his own terms... but like I said, I expect nothing.
Old 2024-02-16, 23:44   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So the choices are a sociopath, a boring girl, a girl that rejected him on reflex when asked to entertain the thought, a girl with a boyfriend to possibly cuck and the best girl by a mile... sadly, at this point I am convinced Japan has shit taste when it comes to romance manga/anime/LN (the truly good ones can be counted in one hand), so I don't expect a good outcome, I'd like to be pleasantly surprised for once.

With that said, I hope that at least this author is aware at how messed up it is to force Tomozaki to get a girlfriend just for the sake of it and has him completely turn this "assignments" on it's head, so that instead of doing it just because Aoi told him to, he does is on his own terms... but like I said, I expect nothing.
Was that Mimimi?
Old 2024-02-16, 23:46   Link #75
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Was that Mimimi?
That would be Tama. Mizusawa posed the question, and she instantly shot it down.
Old 2024-02-16, 23:53   Link #76
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

The scary thing isn't the choice she gave him, but that she is putting her friends there without even batting an eye.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-17, 00:45   Link #77
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
The scary thing isn't the choice she gave him, but that she is putting her friends there without even batting an eye.
Especially Yuzu. Like, yeah, maybe she and Nakamura will break up but what kind of friend suggests that so another guy can hook up with her afterwards as part of her "training" for him ?
Old 2024-02-17, 01:31   Link #78
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Especially Yuzu. Like, yeah, maybe she and Nakamura will break up but what kind of friend suggests that so another guy can hook up with her afterwards as part of her "training" for him ?
It's simple. Aoi does not have friends. She is a sociopath who considers everybody else a tool in her world to be used for whatever purpose she wants of him/her. She's only helping Fumiya improve his standing because she couldn't accept that Nanashi is a guy who failed at life, and helping him improve takes the sting out of losing to him at TackFam. By helping Fumiya improve his social skills, Aoi proves to Fumiya that he's wrong about there being no rules in the game of life, one-upping him by proving that he was mistaken. So it's win-win for her. Improving his skills proves that she's right that there are rules that work and takes the sting out of losing to him at TackFam.
Old 2024-02-17, 09:47   Link #79
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
It's simple. Aoi does not have friends. She is a sociopath who considers everybody else a tool in her world to be used for whatever purpose she wants of him/her. She's only helping Fumiya improve his standing because she couldn't accept that Nanashi is a guy who failed at life, and helping him improve takes the sting out of losing to him at TackFam. By helping Fumiya improve his social skills, Aoi proves to Fumiya that he's wrong about there being no rules in the game of life, one-upping him by proving that he was mistaken. So it's win-win for her. Improving his skills proves that she's right that there are rules that work and takes the sting out of losing to him at TackFam.
I think she has friends in a sense that they're friends who hang out and talk but that doesn't make them immune from Hinami treating them like NPC's.
Old 2024-02-21, 10:46   Link #80
Frontier

Tomozaki's girl problems are about to take him the holy nirvana...an all-girls school culture festival with his best brow Mizusawa! And immediately Mizusawa is ready to flirt with girls! Dude totally ends up getting two girls' litter ID's in a manner of minutes, what a stud .

But should Mizusawa really be flirting with other girls if he's interested in Hinami? Well, being an attractive person inherently makes people attracted to you, so if you want to attract someone...you have to make sure you're attractive! Though Mizusawa enjoys the attention to, but he ultimately just wants to make Hinami his in the process .

Kind of figured Gumi would be as apathetic about her own culture festival as she is about everything else. But she looks cute in bunny ears. Also the way those girls blushed, Tomozaki's not completely unattractive .

I love how Tomozaki gets his pic of Mizusawa in glasses (dorky ones at that) and said picture has Mizusawa basically flexing with two girls on his arms .

You don't have to twist Tomozaki's arm to spend time with Fuka, whether it's to get a selfie with her or to go over the play, but the profuse blushing when their shoulders touch says all that needs to be said about their feelings .

Why did Hinami take Tomozaki under her wing? She's a sore loser and she couldn't just live with herself that someone that could beat her would give up on improving themselves, so she sought to prove her methods right by using him. Though maybe there is more to it than that .

Mimimi wants Tomozaki to be her straight man in her comedy act! And possibly even more than that, especially the more she hears about the time he's spending with other girls .

What are the chances the plot of the play would involve a love triangle and the main character choosing between two girls just like Tomozaki? Not that Tomozaki thinks he's worthy of that honor, or the idea that two girls could possibly like him, because he still has such a low opinion of himself .

But Mimimi thinks he's cool, she basically fishes out what's going on with the girls in his life, and explains to him all his good points...and confesses that's why she likes him. That's right, Mimimi confessed to Tomozaki! And then she drops that bomb and runs off blushing from ear to ear !