AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 22:34   Link #61
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

Isn't Goku asian? I thought the Guy playing Yamcha would be playing Goku of all people...
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 23:04   Link #62
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Jesus Christ. Someone please give me a gun so that I may shoot myself. This may just be too much to handle. Speed Racer was shitty enough, now this? Whoever thought this up should be burnt at the stake.
Old 2008-05-14, 01:29   Link #63
saRay
ろりこん

Wahahahahahahaha!WHAT-THE-HELL????
Man,this is so funny! Yeah,I'm a fan of DBZ,but some things best to be left in anime.I mean,come on,the goku isn't spiky enough.And he's caucasian!
saRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 11:45   Link #64
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Jesus Christ. Someone please give me a gun so that I may shoot myself. This may just be too much to handle. Speed Racer was shitty enough, now this? Whoever thought this up should be burnt at the stake.
Hey! Speed Racer was pretty good considering what it could have been.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 11:49   Link #65
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I can already see the Nostalgia Critic rant about this.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 13:58   Link #66
p0-
Tsukasa in my heart

Well, ye. This sounds weird at the moment Start with the name. Dragonball. Why did they make it to one word?
And Piccolo will be the main bad guy. that makes me think there won't be any big fights.
But i'm still optimistic with these kind of films after i saw what they did with Transformers
p0- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 14:31   Link #67
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0- View Post
.But i'm still optimistic with these kind of films after i saw what they did with Transformers
I can't agree with this because, transformers was directed by Michael Bay and 1/3 of the producers was Steven Spielberg. There known for making big incredible movies. It takes a while to name all there succesful movies. And when you hear there names you would automatically assume the movie will be good.
Old 2008-05-14, 14:49   Link #68
james0246

Spike is going to be Piccolo...maybe he will use his real non-English accent .

I do not know why, but I am excited by this movie if a little wary. Stephen Chow (of Kung Fu Hustle and Shaolin Soccer fame...in America at least (his other Hong Kong films are all pretty good)) as producer will have a lot of control over the film, and the director James Wong has some great tv credits to his name (some of the best episodes of Milenium and X-Files were written by him (and he created the highly interesting if short lived series Space: Above and Beyond)). But, his directorial efforts have been a lackluster experience (I guess Final Destination can be considered good, but Black Christmas?) at best. So, I have some trepidition there. That being said, Jame Wong did re-write the story, so that could be a good thing.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 16:58   Link #69
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah, but the guy who wrote the screenplay is the same guy who wrote The Big Hit, starring Marky Mark Walburg, and that is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in the history of films…

Well I still think the technology is there to make a visually impressive movie at the very least (see Speed Racer), but they’re screwing the pooch by not including Oolong, Pular, or any of the animal characters….They’re also giving Goku a friend that was never in the anime//manga and prolly are gonna let him go to school…These people will never learn that keeping it simple and following the story that made it the most popular anime in American History is the way to go…So prepare for Yamcha and his dog Skip I guess

James Marsters is selling his soul for superhero-type movies…Dude was Cyclone in X-men, tried to snag Supes girl in Superman Returns, and now he’s signed up to be Piccollo in all 3 movies (He’ll be orginal Piccollo Daimon in movie 1 before the transformation)…I was LOLing in throat pain when I read him say this, "When I got the role I had doubts. But the more I live with it I realize that I am going to rock this harder than I have anything in my life." THE MORE I LIVE WITH IT??? That sounds like someone who is crying inside after this career move xD…Now that he F’d up he’s gonna "rock this harder than (he) has anything in his life” … Hilarious stuff, xD…

All this said though, there's no way I'm not going to see this, then praise this, or rape this...Cya' then^^...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-05-18 at 23:47.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:35   Link #70
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^Yeah, but the guy who wrote the screenplay is the same guy who wrote The Big Hit, starring Marky Mark Walburg, and that is one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen in the history of films…
So you've said before, but I loved that movie. The Big Hit was witty, exciting, full of over the top humor and I left the theater with a smile on my face.

As far as I am concerned, Ben Ramsey as one of the writers is a big plus. I want the Dragonball movie to be packed full of over the top action and outrageous humor. Ben Ramsey has already proven he can deliver that. And of course he is only co-writing this, so perhaps you'll be happier with what James Wong brings to the screenplay.

Quote:
James Marsters is selling his soul for superhero-type movies…Dude was Cyclone in X-men, tried to snag Supes girl in Superman Returns, and now he’s signed up to be Piccollo in all 3 movies (He’ll be orginal Piccollo Daimon in movie 1 before the transformation)…I was LOLing in throat pain when I read him say this, "When I got the role I had doubts. But the more I live with it I realize that I am going to rock this harder than I have anything in my life." THE MORE I LIVE WITH IT??? That sounds like someone who is crying inside after this career move xD…Now that he F’d up he’s gonna "rock this harder than (he) has anything in his life” … Hilarious stuff, xD…
Okay, that does sound rather ominiously unpleasant.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 18:13   Link #71
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Meh what's it gonna cost us? Will it be any good? Probably not. Will I watch it? Hell yes! I'll love if this movie went on to win an Oscar! Or am I too optimistic
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 01:00   Link #72
james0246

Quote:

All this said though, there's no way I'm not going to see this, then praise this, or rape this...Cya' then^^...
No, James Marsters was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. You are thinking of James Marsden who played Cyclops/Scott Summers from the X-Men trilogy and Richard White from Superman Return (check out his parts in Hairspray and Enchanted to see him in a non-Super Hero role (he was also in a season of Ally McBeal, but I doubt anyone wants to remember that show )

I have to say, though, that I love the quote from Marsters. Now that is the Spike I know and love .

How could you not like The Big Hit, it had Avery Brooks and Lou Dimond Philips in it . Besides, Ben Ramsey seems to have only written the intial drafts, Stephen Chow and James Wong have, seemingly, changed these drafts. It should be intresting, the amalagmation of two comedic writers (Chow and Ramsey) and a very serious writer (Wong), if nothing else, I am hoping that Stephen Chow can pull everything together.
Old 2008-05-15, 02:53   Link #73
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kollunz View Post
i love stephan chow and all of his films.... count me in, i'm definitely seeing this if this is true.
He didn't do much in the movie, just so you know.

And I predict that half the audience will be shouting memes rather than actually watch the movie.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 03:28   Link #74
THX

That's awesome to hear, James Marsters was great in both Angel and BTVS. He's really underused - though I hear he might make his way to Josh Wedon's new TV Show Dollhouse, it already has quite a few of his former actors.
THX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 09:48   Link #75
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
Meh what's it gonna cost us? Will it be any good? Probably not. Will I watch it? Hell yes! I'll love if this movie went on to win an Oscar! Or am I too optimistic
yes, too optimistic.

i dont know what will happen to the world if they won an oscar.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 16:59   Link #76
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
No, James Marsters was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. You are thinking of James Marsden who played Cyclops/Scott Summers from the X-Men trilogy and Richard White from Superman Return (check out his parts in Hairspray and Enchanted to see him in a non-Super Hero role (he was also in a season of Ally McBeal, but I doubt anyone wants to remember that show )

I have to say, though, that I love the quote from Marsters. Now that is the Spike I know and love .

How could you not like The Big Hit, it had Avery Brooks and Lou Dimond Philips in it . Besides, Ben Ramsey seems to have only written the intial drafts, Stephen Chow and James Wong have, seemingly, changed these drafts. It should be intresting, the amalagmation of two comedic writers (Chow and Ramsey) and a very serious writer (Wong), if nothing else, I am hoping that Stephen Chow can pull everything together.

Oh $hit, my bad, can't believe I got those 2 names mixed up ...

So it's gonna be Brainiac from Smallville huh? Damn, now that's a good choice...Now I can take my laffter back from the previous post because Marsters is a B-lister who routinley does make-up work for sci-fi and comic-book themed characters...He's actually a pretty underrated actor despite his pension for appearences on cheezy spoof type shows...Well I'm glad I was wrong because that dude made Smallville watchable again in his potrayle of Brainiac...

As for the Big Hit, my comments remain..It is one of the worst movies ever made
and it definatley killed what was even left of Lou Diamond Phillips career at the time...Bookim Woodbine's career kinda flaked out after Big Hit aswell...But somehow the talentless Marky Mark survived, go figure >_>...Now I didn't say it isn't good BAD MOVIE watching...Me and my buddy would watch it just to talk about how terrible it was and laff at it, but there's no talking me out of this, I can plainly remember after I had watched that movie I honestly felt like it was the worst movie I had ever seen...You can forget $hit that happened in the movie, but you can never forget that feeling....

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2008-05-15 at 19:35.
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 18:29   Link #77
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

As for the Big Hit, my comments remain..It is one of the worst movies ever made
I was gonna say that. Seems LA dragonball movies don't get that much love. Remember the old one? Me I don't wanna!
Old 2008-05-15, 19:40   Link #78
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/big_hit/

Judge for yourself...The same guy wrote the screenplay for the upcoming DB movie...It was 10 years ago, so maybe the dude got much better...
Old 2008-05-16, 04:09   Link #79
james0246

Quote:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/big_hit/

Judge for yourself...The same guy wrote the screenplay for the upcoming DB movie...It was 10 years ago, so maybe the dude got much better...
Ben Ramsey did not write the sreenplay. He wrote and adaptation that was more or less thrown out and re-written by James Wong, with, undoubtedly, additional help from Stephen Chow.

And for those that think Stephen Chow is not working on this film simply because he is the producer, you need to realize that the producer, at least 60-70% of the time, is the most influential part of the production of a film. He or she is the one who pulls everything together and makes sure the film is mostly presentable to an audience (often they fail ). Only big name directors can effectively "bring their vision to the silver screen" or small indie directors who have limited budgets and limited help. So, the majority of the films made, in Hollywood or even across the seas in India, Hong Kong, or Japan, or extensively controlled by the producers. To think that Stephen Chow would not directly work with the film is silly.
Old 2008-05-16, 05:29   Link #80
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

dear god this is going to be another street fighter starring Jean Claude Van Damm all over again... lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote