Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-11, 00:11   Link #61
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Almost perfect setup chapter(albeit a little cliche). The hero racing to the rescue, the tension between Ulqui and Orihime building, the dramatic entrance.

Speaking from an art point of view, the drawing of the Ulqiorra and Orihime scenes was sensational. No background to distract , shrinking physical distance,plenty of close ups and jump-cuts from Ulqui to Orihime and back. Shippers can read what they want into it, but the scene had a certain........intimate violence. Makes it almost certain that Orihime will have some role in the conclusion of the fight or the immediate aftermath, otherwise why raise the tension between her and Ulqi like that?

As an observation. despite Ulquioora being the super reiatsu sensor, and knowing her friends were probably coming..........yet he still seemed surprised when Ichigo entered. Just shows how caught up he and Orihime were in their confrontation.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-07-11 at 01:15.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:18   Link #62
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

If next chapter switches back to the captains' fights, I think I'll scream.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:21   Link #63
Notaron

Don't worry it will, lmao.

We get the cliffie of Ichigo glaring at Ulquiorra, then next chapter we see Yamamoto's wrinkled face staring at Barrigan or Halibel.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:33   Link #64
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yamamoto starring at Halibel's under boobs and losing track of whats going on. That NEEDS to happen!
Old 2008-07-11, 01:41   Link #65
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
This basicallly was a character development chapter for Orihime folks! Better to get this out the way now then later.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:51   Link #66
Equidistant

A character development chapter for Orihime? All this chapter did was sprout the same old shounen cliche about friendship and trust. I just can't believe I waited two weeks just to see Ichigo get to where Ulquiorra is. Is there really any need to see Ichigo get beaten to death throughout the fight and then turn Orihimes cheesy words of encouragement into his advantage and win....again? How exactly is Ichigo vs Ulquiorra more important then SS vs Aizen.
...For me this was a very frustrating chapter that will most likely lead to more frustration in future chapters, although i suppose theres a chance Kubo will do something unexpected and make this fight worth it.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:53   Link #67
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
A character development chapter for Orihime? All this chapter did was sprout the same old shounen cliche about friendship and trust. I just can't believe I waited two weeks just to see Ichigo get to where Ulquiorra is. Is there really any need to see Ichigo get beaten to death throughout the fight and then turn Orihimes cheesy words of encouragement into his advantage and win....again? How exactly is Ichigo vs Ulquiorra more important then SS vs Aizen.
...For me this was a very frustrating chapter that will most likely lead to more frustration in future chapters, although i suppose theres a chance Kubo will do something unexpected and make this fight worth it.

LOL, I can't freakin argue with this.
Old 2008-07-11, 01:58   Link #68
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol View Post
LOL, I can't freakin argue with this.
Aye. But, since I've already accepted the fact that Bleach is in WSJ, critical acclaim by this stage would be rarer than the blue moon.
Old 2008-07-11, 02:00   Link #69
BlackShinobi07

Damn. Nothing happened.
Old 2008-07-11, 02:02   Link #70
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Damn. Nothing happened.
Best statement so far...........
Old 2008-07-11, 02:09   Link #71
jelome1989

Except for Ulquiorra showing curiosity
Old 2008-07-11, 02:27   Link #72
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Thats exactly whats going to happen, but dare I say a little more?

But really though, it is character development, as it was realization of one self and those around them, thats development. Even though it wasn't exactly "exciting", its still development.

Who wants to bet Ulq, uses Orihime as a hostage at some point?
Old 2008-07-11, 02:34   Link #73
jelome1989

I dont think that's Ulquiorra's style

and about Ulquiorra's 'EYE' ability

It acts as a recorder of REAL events right?

means he's immune to Aizen's Shikai ?
a poster @BA brought that up
Old 2008-07-11, 02:42   Link #74
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I perceive Ulq. as the type that would do anything to win. He believes in the cold hard truths. He enjoys using psychological attacks, and holding Orihime hostage, or even hurting her would place Ichigo in unstable position where Ulq. can take the advantage and win.

He analytical and calculating. I'm sorry, but I don't see a big squishy softy underneath him, nor do I see a man of honor. Grimmjow is the only one who seems to believe in a fair fight, as he believes that he should take down an opponent at full strength to prove to himself that he is infact better.
Old 2008-07-11, 02:48   Link #75
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

What a boring chapter this turned out to be. After a week break, i'd expect something better. Ichigo is boring...he has the same old attack since he first got his shinigami powers.. *Yawn*. And now he'll get the beating of a life-time in the next chapter probably..
Old 2008-07-11, 02:53   Link #76
jelome1989

i read ch194 and 234 again, seeing his character, he would do anything to accomplish his mission,
i'm gonna take back wat i've said.
yup maybe he will do the unfair part and use Orihime as hostage.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:03   Link #77
Chase

The highlight of the chapter was Ulq casually touching Orihime's chest, thats a move Ichigo doesnt have the guts to do.
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-07-11, 03:05   Link #78
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
The highlight of the chapter was Ulq casually touching Orihime's chest, thats a move Ichigo doesnt have the guts to do.
Aye to that. I think he'll die a virgin if something's not done in that department soon.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:08   Link #79
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
What a boring chapter this turned out to be. After a week break, i'd expect something better. Ichigo is boring...he has the same old attack since he first got his shinigami powers.. *Yawn*. And now he'll get the beating of a life-time in the next chapter probably..
Nahh. More than likely he'll become inexplicably more powerful than before and give Ulq. a good, long, hard, fight and subsequnetly PWN him just like he did to Grimmjaw.
Old 2008-07-11, 03:14   Link #80
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Nahh. More than likely he's become inexplicably more powerful than before and give Ulq. a good, long, hard, fight and subsequnetly PWN him just like he did to Grimmjaw.
There shouldnt be enough plot kai in the world for that to happen, i doubt this will happen in this fight and Bleach will take a huge L if Ichigo beats Ulq in this up and coming fight. I expect him to atleast make Ulq end up releasing but not get a victory. Maybe Unohana comes and save Ichigo or something.
Battlefield 4
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion