AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 00:55   Link #61
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
guys he wants THEM to hand him over, meaning betray him. instead of him taking naruto. it would cause a bigger effect if they turned him over.
That still makes very little sense. If he is going to turn all of humanity (or at least the Elemental Countries) into his mindless slaves anyway, then forcing them to feel despair beforehand makes very little sense. It would be like shouting insults at a deaf person, or making rude gestures to a blind person, etc. Additionally, it doesn't make sense if Madara is being legitimate in his desire for peace; you don't force despair when you really just want peace (Pain attempted that to a spectacular failure). (And this doesn't even raise the fact that Madara already ordered Kisame to capture Kirabi.)

Right now, until further info is revealed, Madara just looks silly.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:10   Link #62
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That still makes very little sense. If he is going to turn all of humanity (or at least the Elemental Countries) into his mindless slaves anyway, then forcing them to feel despair beforehand makes very little sense. It would be like shouting insults at a deaf person, or making rude gestures to a blind person, etc. Additionally, it doesn't make sense if Madara is being legitimate in his desire for peace; you don't force despair when you really just want peace (Pain attempted that to a spectacular failure). (And this doesn't even raise the fact that Madara already ordered Kisame to capture Kirabi.)

Just as long as Kishi doesn't turn Madara rosy, revealing him to be some quadruple under-cover-tripple-agent good guy who is secretly doing what hes doing to protect the konoha/ninja-world.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:28   Link #63
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Well.. Madara's mask is similar to Zero's.. I guess he could well be acting for world peace in the end by making himself the enemy.. Oh Kishi you clever fool you...
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 01:41   Link #64
KidKoolAid

Hey The-Wolf-Of-Mibu could you point me to the original page of that 3 gates image ?
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 02:26   Link #65
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidKoolAid View Post
Hey The-Wolf-Of-Mibu could you point me to the original page of that 3 gates image ?
Volume 33, Chapter 295, Pages 07-09
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 03:34   Link #66
KidKoolAid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
Volume 33, Chapter 295, Pages 07-09
Thank you very much.
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 03:52   Link #67
ajnas
Banned

Kishi pattern for Naruto has been clear in Pt2.

Naruto won't start or do anything on his own ...
Just like he had a book written for him to redeem Nagato and resurrect everybody, he has Itachi's gift to redeem Sasuke, Minato's that jutsu to beat Madara and the Ninja world already united so that he only need to beat Madara / Sasuke to be the revolutionary who lead the world to peace / prosperity without doing any revolution or anything beside beating one guy.

Naruto's only relevance to the story is that he will be the one who will finish Madara ...
Kishi gave up long ago on Naruto (the character). Naruto became a mere vessel for the characters Kishi could have written about if he wasn't stuck with his damn main characters.
ajnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 04:34   Link #68
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

LoL but in the end Orochimaru was still sent flying after his "absolute defense" failed to protect him 100%. But he definetly prevented certain death.

In the end Madara's objective is so standard. I'd say Orochimaru's goal was more...original for a bad guy.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:27   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajnas View Post
Naruto's only relevance to the story is that he will be the one who will finish Madara ...
Kishi gave up long ago on Naruto (the character). Naruto became a mere vessel for the characters Kishi could have written about if he wasn't stuck with his damn main characters.
Lol what are you talking about? Hello the series is called "Naruto" there's a reason for that and it's being shown right now. If he cared so much about other characters doing something he would've done it, it's his work.
Old 2009-10-06, 06:30   Link #70
Kaiba

...So Madara's great plan is to use the moon and Bijuus to turn everyone into Tang? And then Sasuke screws him over and lets Naruto decide and everything's all incredibly screwed up in the end and we're left completely confused. That's how it needs to end.
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 06:57   Link #71
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:

Actually, this kind of thing reminds me of Darkseid from DC. He's always after the anti-life equation which turns everyone in the universe into his slave. And he makes no secret about it. Never stopped him from constantly making threats and proclamations to everyone though (even when he eventually got the equation).

What doesn't really make sense to me is that Tsukuyomi wasn't shown to be genjutsu that controls people in the first place. Everyone who's been trapped in Tsukuyomi was always completely aware they were in a genjutsu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
.So Madara's great plan is to use the moon and Bijuus to turn everyone into Tang? And then Sasuke screws him over and lets Naruto decide and everything's all incredibly screwed up in the end and we're left completely confused. That's how it needs to end.
Maybe Naruto and Hinata can end up being the last people on earth...and Naruto ignores her anyway?

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:11   Link #72
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Maybe Naruto and Hinata can end up being the last people on earth...and Naruto ignores her anyway?
Well possible, but on the other hand, her getting hurt made him explode in anger, so I think it's not just ignoring her... it's that he comes back from battle and some wife-like, envious Sakura waits for him and turns him down. It's like a marriage: no sex at all, but he's still forbidden to get along with other women.
Just look how Sakura cried when she heared that Hinata loves Naruto. It was like "Oh my god, he betrays me!!" and when Naruto returned it was like "You deserved that punch! What happened between Hinata and you?!"

I don't know what to make of it, but as Sakura is on her way, I think we'll know all too soon. How about enduring it just a little longer?

What I like is that Madara still talks as if he actually was Madara. I think this is Obito's body –not in a bad shape like Madara's, which was so old and scarred from battle, but still crushed and damaged quite a lot and only Sasuke's body is in perfect shape. Itachi was ill, thus not an option. Maybe Obito had this special vanishing ability that comes in handy so often and that's why he still overtook his body. This whole Uchiha thing is about killing friends, taking siblings' eyes and so on, why not taking bodies to reach the goal? He already admitted that he needs Sasuke's sharingan to evolve.
Old 2009-10-06, 07:14   Link #73
Ichimaru

I can actually see naruto losing the kyubi and dieing like Ariel in FF7....all of a sudden we have a time skip where he awakes up in his mothers homeland under her care....and the rest is history when he recovers from amnesia etc
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 07:45   Link #74
ajnas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Lol what are you talking about? Hello the series is called "Naruto" there's a reason for that and it's being shown right now. If he cared so much about other characters doing something he would've done it, it's his work.
It doesn't really make the manga seem of high quality though, it just keeps getting worser and worser each chapter, theres a reason why One Piece and Bleach are Japans top standards.
ajnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 08:16   Link #75
Rurik
Golden

Quote:

Not to mention contradictory, based on the story Madara told Naruto about Senju and Uchihas, It would had made more sense for Madara to use the power of the 10 tail to conquer trough violence, and not using Tsukijomy to genjutsu everyone.
Old 2009-10-06, 08:34   Link #76
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Not to mention contradictory, based on the story Madara told Naruto about Senju and Uchihas, It would had made more sense for Madara to use the power of the 10 tail to conquer trough violence, and not using Tsukijomy to genjutsu everyone.
Conquer through violence? Have you lost your mind? None of them, not even Madara can conquer the world by violence... it needs a trick and even that trick needs intense power.

Oh man, this is so similar to the "Ring Parable" from Nathan the Wise...

It seems the truth got lost along the way.
Old 2009-10-06, 09:17   Link #77
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Madara: "All right then, I hereby declare the Fourth Great Ninja World War!!"

So how the hell does Madara want to fight? The whole world vs Sasuke? I hoped for a tricky plan where Madara tricks the big villages to fight against each other and in the chaos it's easier for akatsuki to do whatever they want. But to declare war against the 5 villages is the opposite, Madara is creating a world alliance against himself, and this is stupid. The villages have already killed most of his organization while they weren't even allied with each other. This is the kind of shonen-manga-evil-guy arrogance that is the number one cause of death for these guys.

The only good thing is that Madara confirmed that his body is gone so he is unable to fight on kage level.
Madara is setting up Sasuke to be his star fighter, by having sasuke develop his sharingan up to susanoo. By that stage his eyes will be really strong in the way of genjutsu. Maybe force sasuke to take his brothers eyes. Then he will give Sasuke the Captured Bijuu to control. That would go along with what Madara said about the 5 kages not being able to fight against all of the Bijuu.
Old 2009-10-06, 09:54   Link #78
neshru

"Fine... I proclaim a declaration of the 4th Great Ninja War from here on out."

Oh come on Kishi, can't you see how fucking retarded that sounds? Couldn't he just say "I declare war to all of you"? No, he has decided that the war that's about to start will in fact be the "Fourth Great Ninja War".

But I guess that's just the icing on the shit cake that is this chapter, I shouldn't complain about that.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 10:03   Link #79
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Well, I donīt find the newest revealings very bothering. They arenīt very original, true, but not bad either, if you consider the fact, that the manga has been going in the wrong direction for a long time, anyway.
Naruto would have been a perfect manga, if it had ended after the chuunin exams with the Konoha rookies teaming up to defeat Orochimaru. A brief and not so deep one, but a way better one as a whole.
Old 2009-10-06, 10:09   Link #80
james0246

^Wow.

First of all, no matter your desire to help, this thread does not allow script spoilers, so you might want to remove your post before a moderator bans you.

Secondly, the links in you signature are a big no-no on this thread. Please remove them or, once again, you will undoubtedly receive some problems from the mods.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion