Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-11-24, 19:44   Link #61
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
I'm sure the 3-days travel from Konoha to Sand also no longer applies to some.
Not after Sasuke learned to fly on snake-wings...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 19:50   Link #62
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z. Kensei View Post
I hope the spoiler's fake. It make's no sense for Kisame to die like that. This is almost as bad as Pein's death.
It seems like if Kishimoto had run out of ideas right in the middle of Pein's fight because everything started to fall at that point.
Old 2009-11-24, 20:12   Link #63
Slave0fLife
O_O

I thought Raikage would show up. Now, I guess, since everything has sort of calmed down and no one is fighting, the focus will turn to: Danzou doing whatever he's going to do, Sasuke recovering and gaining Itachi's eyes (anyone think Madara might force the eyes into his sockets while he is unconscious?) so he can be more powerful, Naruto trying to last longer in Sage mode to fight Sasuke (maybe the training with Killerbee happens).

I don't know what Kishimoto will do with Sakura - if it takes her too long to find Sasuke, maybe she will find him just as Naruto finishes training - then he hurts her as soon as Naruto arrives to see what happens. I dunno, just throwing theories out there.

Anyone know if Kishimoto makes the story up as he goes or if he has an end-game to the story already?
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:32   Link #64
suiryoku
Urusai! (うるさい
*Graphic Designer

i see a lot of people believe samehada and kisame are tricking killer bee only to suck his chakra dry and then have samehada return to kisame. i think that killer bee goes full 8 tails and uses samehada to suck kisame's chakra and beats kisame nearly to death. i don't think kisame will die because like madara said, he [madara] is still not in full effect to do his own bidding. although, i think it's safe to say he has sasuke and "hawk" wrapped around his finger well enough that there is no longer a need for kisame's service. still yet, could we really depend on sasuke and "hawk" to handle the tailed beasts when they couldn't retrieve the 8th successfully? i love it because the next chapter is not very predictable, it could go many different ways. i will stick by my belief that kisame will only be beaten nearly to death. possibly, sasuke comes in the picture to fight with kisame and he uses the cursed seal (i can hope, gosh) and together they take down killer bee and madara comes to take him back to the headquarters. tsunade awakens from her coma to reclaim her position as hokage. the "alliance" between villages begin a search for danzo.
suiryoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 21:30   Link #65
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
He could find Sakura in Sage Mode in about 10 seconds.
Aah! the good old sage mode, you have a very good point there. I wonder how far he can actually sense in sage mode? Very far probably and very accurately as well. I would also like to what Madara thinks of Naruto's sage mode. I think he has come across it before and would not be surprised at all.
Ryuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 23:27   Link #66
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fipskuul View Post
Not after Sasuke learned to fly on snake-wings...
When did Sasuke fly? Most I remember is him using the snake wings spider man style to move out of the way of something.

But I agree Raikage moving from Kage Summit to Kisame in less than 2 or so hours is serious BS unless of course all of the world suddenly got scrunched up into 1 town.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 00:09   Link #67
ragnos007

In a way it does make a little sense that Kisame would die from a double Lariat from the 2 brothers considering the strength between the 2. (btw what was the Lariat to begin with? A rap that was so bad that Kisame inflicted damage up on himself? in that case, Kisame could handle the rap duo and cut his own head off...) Also Kisame doesnt have his sword with him to boost his speed, stamina and healing etc and his sword was where his strength came from.
But there is something i don't understand... Considering that Kisame has had so much coverage, how come there hasnt been a flashback? like of his meeting of madara and his life in mizukagure and his initiation into Akatsuki... All major characters that are about to die have had flashbacks.
Old 2009-11-25, 00:25   Link #68
james0246

^Lariat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Kishimoto officially declared Hidan dead in the Naruto Chronicle Minibook. His picture was shaded out with the other dead ninja and there was no mention of him being incapacitated. Just he was dead. Also with them was Kakashi who was dead at the time, but brought back by Nagato.
Thank you for the info, I did not know this...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 01:06   Link #69
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
In a way it does make a little sense that Kisame would die from a double Lariat from the 2 brothers considering the strength between the 2. (btw what was the Lariat to begin with? A rap that was so bad that Kisame inflicted damage up on himself? in that case, Kisame could handle the rap duo and cut his own head off...) Also Kisame doesnt have his sword with him to boost his speed, stamina and healing etc and his sword was where his strength came from.
But there is something i don't understand... Considering that Kisame has had so much coverage, how come there hasnt been a flashback? like of his meeting of madara and his life in mizukagure and his initiation into Akatsuki... All major characters that are about to die have had flashbacks.
There'll be a spinoff for Kisame hoping at least.
Old 2009-11-25, 01:29   Link #70
Gamma_Sennin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
When did Sasuke fly? Most I remember is him using the snake wings spider man style to move out of the way of something.

But I agree Raikage moving from Kage Summit to Kisame in less than 2 or so hours is serious BS unless of course all of the world suddenly got scrunched up into 1 town.
Depends on the chronological order of the said events.. Once the Summit finished til Kisame/Bee's fight ended could have been a lot longer than it seemed. It took weeks for pain to arrive in konoha, but at the same time Naruto and co arrived in the Iron country merely a few panels after leaving. So its not to far fetched to say, from the time the summit ended til now, took anywhere between 5 or 6 hours, hell even a day. However it could be that the Iron country is closer to where Bee was than we initially thought, James made a good point about Bee's persistence to hide the Hachibi's full power at the fear of being found.
Old 2009-11-25, 02:02   Link #71
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Not wanting to break any bubbles here, but.. what?

Kisame was never one of those...

Quote:
All major characters that are about to die have had flashbacks.
Kisame was just Itachi's sidekick. A fun character, and a powerful one, but never a main player. I don't know why people are attached to the sucker, hell, he's less interesting than his sword.

And he smells like fish. Or like an unwashed poonani... (Google at your own risk.)
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 02:24   Link #72
ragnos007

Has anyone have a full spoiler to put up?
Old 2009-11-25, 02:31   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Kisame was just Itachi's sidekick. A fun character, and a powerful one, but never a main player. I don't know why people are attached to the sucker, hell, he's less interesting than his sword.
And he smells like fish. Or like an unwashed poonani... (Google at your own risk.)
Exactly the same can be said about Suigetsu, a nobody who escaped from prison and followed a main character, with a very generic goal of gathering 7 swords. Well, at least he has a goal, unlike Kisame...but focusing on these characters too much would derail the main story, and that would lead to the bleach effect.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 02:48   Link #74
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post

He wasnt just a sidekick. He was a major member of Akatsuki. Deidara was less major than Kisame yet he got flashbacks.
Old 2009-11-25, 02:50   Link #75
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
When did Sasuke fly?
When fighting with Deidara in mid air, after he lost one wing to an explosion.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 03:03   Link #76
james0246

Quote:
Has anyone have a full spoiler to put up?
Nope. This is the best you're going to get until sometime later Wednesday evening (at best). That being said, the spoiler already covers all of the salient points, so all that is left is the specifics, and those are always better gleaned through the actual images as opposed to any text-based spoiler...

Quote:
He wasnt just a sidekick. He was a major member of Akatsuki. Deidara was less major than Kisame yet he got flashbacks.
The majority of the Akatsuki did not receive a flashback. In fact, only Deidara really received a flashback (Nagato supersedes the Akatsuki, and Sasori only got a panel or two), and that was only to tie him to Itachi (which that arc was about).

That being said, Deidara captured (that we know of) more Bijuu than Kisame, so that makes him more prevalent to the overall story...but let's stop this discussion right here (save it for one of the Akatsuki threads). There is no real reason to compare the importance of the various Akatsuki members, especially considering that each member (besides Itachi, Nagato and Madara) are arguably completely equal in importance to each other (within the confines fo the story).

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
When fighting with Deidara in mid air, after he lost one wing to an explosion.
That's not flying, it's falling with style .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 03:12   Link #77
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Sennin View Post
Depends on the chronological order of the said events.. Once the Summit finished til Kisame/Bee's fight ended could have been a lot longer than it seemed. It took weeks for pain to arrive in konoha, but at the same time Naruto and co arrived in the Iron country merely a few panels after leaving. So its not to far fetched to say, from the time the summit ended til now, took anywhere between 5 or 6 hours, hell even a day. However it could be that the Iron country is closer to where Bee was than we initially thought, James made a good point about Bee's persistence to hide the Hachibi's full power at the fear of being found.
While i can see what your saying i don't feel it really works out well...

I mean, one problem is that in this chapter we supposedly have Raikage finding Bee in the same chapter as Mizukage finding Ao... this would indicate that the timing of the events are not to far apart... however, while Ao was a short run away from the summit, Bee could be just about anywhere (and it would be an odd coincidence if he "just happened" to be so close by)

Though when i think about it, there is a more obvious error from earlier on... Namely how fast Sakura managed to catch up with Naruto. She left kohona while the kage summit was already underway, and she arrived to where Naruto was in the iron country just after the kages agreed to form their alliance, and started ironing out the details... I ask, how long was the summit/sasuke fight/talk with madara? an hour? maybe a bit more?... And this is Sakura we are talking about (no-one jounin or kage level)... Considering it takes 3 days to run to the sand village, i'd say it should take her like half a day to reach the border of Land of fire from kohona.... not sure how off that is, but my point is that it should have taken her much longer to get there.

So ya, all in all, either kishi has been disregarding the distance, or he is REALLY bad at showing the passage of time.

Quote:
What has Kisame done to make him a more major member than Deidara?
And as for flashbacks... Is there actually anything to flashback on for kisame? we haven't exactly seen much complexity to his character... flashbacks are generally done to reveal some kind of motivation or drive behind the character, which kisame has shown none of... most members didn't get much...
Frankly, i don't see kisame as being anything more than a minor villain
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 04:22   Link #78
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's not flying, it's falling with style .
Before falling, he certainly had to fly to reach Deidara's bird.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 08:37   Link #79
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Spoiler pics are out.

Kisame narrowly escapes the pencil of doom.

Killer Bee liiiiiiiives. Hooray!
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 10:10   Link #80
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The majority of the Akatsuki did not receive a flashback. In fact, only Deidara really received a flashback (Nagato supersedes the Akatsuki, and Sasori only got a panel or two), and that was only to tie him to Itachi (which that arc was about).
Did I miss something?

Sasori got far better background than Deidara that's for sure. All I know about Deidara is that he is a bomber freak who got fooled by Itachi and was mad at Sharingan. That's it, Deidara's flashback and past ends.

While about Sasori you know almost everything till his twenties.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion