King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Why can't Naurto confess his gay love for Sasuke
Old 2010-03-03, 18:11   Link #62
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
Wait, didn't Naruto try talking to Sasuke before and it didn't work? WHAT WOULD MAKE HIM THINK IT WOULD WORK THIS TIME?!

But I am proud of Kakashi for actually hitting Sasuke. At least someone is trying to do the right thing! I've only read the spoilers so maybe my opinion will change, but I seriously doubt it.
Definition of insanity, perhaps?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:15   Link #63
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
So hm.. read the chapter, and well, the way is now paved with... what exactly? What can Naruto possible do that isn't winning or losing? Tie him up on a chair and get Konohamaru, Inari and Iruka to talk to Sasuke about The Fist Of Love and why religion matters?

I know Kishi has a vague idea of where he's going, but I just can't understand this direction. Sasuke has already stated he wasn't going to change. The facts are there for Naruto: Two choices.

Meh. I guess the logical step is to completely humiliate Sasuke everytime he tries to harm the village?
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:20   Link #64
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Everyone loves Karin now, but I wonder if she is truly over him? Or like a battered woman she will go back to him?

Sasuke: "Karin baby, I've changed! That chidori was an accident!"

But if she is, then we must celebrate the greatest accomplishment for a female in the manga since Chiyo and Karui whooped arse.

Now Sasuke is down to Sakura and Ino as fangirls. Ino isn't worth crap and barely counts as a character now. So all we need is for Sakura to dump him.
Old 2010-03-03, 18:20   Link #65
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
I know Kishi has a vague idea of where he's going, but I just can't understand this direction. Sasuke has already stated he wasn't going to change. The facts are there for Naruto: Two choices.

Meh. I guess the logical step is to completely humiliate Sasuke everytime he tries to harm the village?
Well, if you can't beat'em, join'em . That's right, Naruto will now go and destroy Konoha...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:24   Link #66
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Because Naruto Really!!!, Really!!!, REALLY!!! Means it this time...
Well then, I'm sure it will workout! . . . . . . . . . (My heart hurts...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Definition of insanity, perhaps?
I think he's just lacking common sense. Oh and you mustn't forget his heart is in a turbulent place as well.
Old 2010-03-03, 18:25   Link #67
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Sasuke was almost out of chakra after battling Deidara for 20 or so minutes, and then later after battling Itachi for 20 or so minutes. And this was back when he had an actual recharging entity pseudo living inside of him (the White Snake)
lol I'm not sure how you even managed to count the minutes of those durations(which of course are probably skewed to help your argument anyway), but this comparison isn't valid because of all the different factors(one major one in paritcular) - which I'm about to point out and debunk this whole thing.

Quote:
Yet, he just used Susano'o, Tsukuyomi, and Amaterasu during the course of an intensive 10 minute battle with Danzou (which also involved several high ranking Lightining and Fire techniques as well as a summoning), all of which are incredibly draining on the ol'chakra reserve (not to mention how Susano'o is supposed to eat away at the users life-force (whatever that means)). So, yeah, Sasuke should not only be low on chakra, but he should be physically exhausted and extremely weak.
The battle with Danzou was intensive, considering the techniques used, however people seem to forget that he was partially replenished by Karin after the fight. We've seen this before during the killerbee fight when Killerbee bitch smacked his ass to the floor, and a little bite was all it took to get him back up on his feet.

Should his eyes have trouble? Definitely. Should he be so out of chakra as not to be able to produce a chidori? No, I don't think so, especially not after being partially replenished by Karin, and who knows what went on during their time in the outer dimension. He could have been replenished there too, which would explain why he was able to endure such a fight with Danzou. The fact of the matter is he made a chidori, so he is obviously not out of chakra. Saying he "should be" is pointless especially considering the several ways this can be explained.

Quote:
I'll apologize for using the word pussy, but I feel justified for the simple reason that Sasuke is a giant douche, and we know what douches are used for (and how bad they are), don't we...?
I assumed you were being at least half serious. I guess it was a complete joke and you don't feel anyway whatsoever about him not beating up Sasuke, my mistake I guess.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:30   Link #68
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Why a Rasengen? Why couldn't Naruto just Rasenshuriken his ass and get it over with?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:34   Link #69
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just read this chapter :

Ahah lol . Bla bla bla bla .

Well we already knew that Naruto didn't intend to kill Sasuke . Just knock out him (if he can )

Chidori vs Rasengan ! one more time .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:37   Link #70
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

dont worry friend no jutus will prevail
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:40   Link #71
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
he fact of the matter is he made a chidori, so he is obviously not out of chakra. Saying he "should be" is pointless especially considering the many ways this can be explained.
If you recall how sasuke survived his fight with deidara,then you should know that this would not be the first time that sasuke has managed to do something that, even within the logic of the manga itself, he should not have been able too... its just more kishi's lame plotkai writing... no matter what we see, what's been said or how much it contradicts whats going on, Characters will always have as much chakra as the plot demands they need... and that's pretty much the crux of the argument... it's less of a criticism on sasuke, and more of a criticism on Kishi's writing

Also as for the killerbee fight... Sasuke was heavily wounded by killerbee, but he still had plenty of chakra... thus why he was able to get back to fighting the moment the wounds were healed
Even karin admits in this chapter that she only healed Sasuke a little and he is going too far
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:48   Link #72
ShadowAssasin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Did you just miss the pass 50+ chapters of Sasuke having high level fights all using his MS techs and other stuff. He shouldn't even be able to move
The thing is though, we shouldn't be judging his eyes and chakra levels together. His chakra levels can be replenished (and they were, although not fully), but the damage and wear on his eyes cannot be healed or rejuvenated without receiving the EMS. So, at this point, I would actually expect his eyes to be in worse shape than his chakra reserves considering the fact that he bit Karin, but the rate of his eye's deterioration has only been steadily increasing.

While his eyes are in horrible shape at the moment, I don't see it out of the realm of possibility for him to be able to muster up a chidori - especially since its relatively small scale compared to what we've seen him do with lightning. Honestly, its not even a big deal as far as chidoris go, and at this point, creating a chidori should be as easy to Sasuke as going in the forest and taking a piss. There is really no issue here. If he used say Amaterasu (which took significant toll on his chakra as well as his eyes), then that would be a different.
ShadowAssasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 18:53   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
lol I'm not sure how you even managed to count the minutes of those durations(which of course are probably skewed to help your argument anyway), but this comparison isn't valid because of all the different factors(one major one in paritcular) - which I'm about to point out and debunk this whole thing.
Actually, I said 20 minutes to help defend your point. If Sasuke ran out of chakra after a 5 minute battle with Deidara or Itachi, while using the recharging powers of the White Snake, then your point about Sasuke would be mostly false, and those complaining about Sasuke having too much Juice after his intensive battle would be correct.

Quote:
The battle with Danzou was intensive, considering the techniques used, however people seem to forget that he was partially replenished by Karin after the fight. We've seen this before during the killerbee fight when Killerbee bitch smacked his ass to the floor, and a little bite was all it took to get him back up on his feet.
Actually, Karin is only known to heal Physical damage, there is no real proof that she can restore chakra or add to a person chakra tank. Sasuke being able to move and use taijutsu is not the point of this discussion. That being said, Karin has even addmitted that Sasuke is pushing himself either to his limits or beyond, so it's not like he is in any real fighting condition.

Quote:
Should his eyes have trouble? Definitely. Should he be so out of chakra as not to be able to produce a chidori? No, I don't think so, especially not after being partially replenished by Karin, and who knows what went on during their time in the outer dimension. He could have been replenished there too, which would explain why he was able to endure such a fight with Danzou. The fact of the matter is he made a chidori, so he is obviously not out of chakra. Saying he "should be" is pointless especially considering the several ways this can be explained.
Please read my post, you seem to have a very wrong impression of what I wrote. I clearly stated that Sasuke should be able to use Chidori (and presumably other similar level techniques), and that other posters were wrong to highlight this as being weird. Rather, I explained that if Sasuke started using his serious techniques, then there would probably be something to complain about (not really from me, considering I do not care about the mana levels of the various fighters).

Quote:
I assumed you were being at least half serious. I guess it was a complete joke and you don't feel anyway whatsoever about him not beating up Sasuke, my mistake I guess.
Naruto will not beat Sasuke here...unless the plan is to capture Sasuke and return him to Konoha, then Madara releases him (after he is conviently healed) whilst in a Konoha prison, effectively letting Sasuke destroy Konoha from the inside out .
Old 2010-03-03, 19:36   Link #74
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Naruto could always win only for Madara to grab Sasuke on the spot. Worse, maybe this will be the opportunity Madara needs to grab Naruto. Sasuke goes down from the attack, Naruto goes down from the poison, then Madara takes them both.

Dear god, that sounds scarily plausible.
Old 2010-03-03, 21:00   Link #75
DarkAngelZ28

If naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke "and become the hero", or let Sasuke kill him "and become the victim", maybe his third option is to become so strong to stop him at every attempt Sasuke makes (thus keeping him alive and Konoha safe). This will suck for Sasuke as he will be alive but unable to achieve any of his goal ( it would be the same as killing him inside)

When you can't kill something (either because it's immortal or you don't want to) but can't let it live on, what you do is you disable/imprison it.

Btw, that panel with Naruto using chidori and Sasuke using rasengan may not be an error. It might just be Naruto thinking how things could have turned out if he was in Sasuke's shoes.
DarkAngelZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 21:14   Link #76
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Everyone loves Karin now, but I wonder if she is truly over him? Or like a battered woman she will go back to him?

Sasuke: "Karin baby, I've changed! That chidori was an accident!"

But if she is, then we must celebrate the greatest accomplishment for a female in the manga since Chiyo and Karui whooped arse.

Now Sasuke is down to Sakura and Ino as fangirls. Ino isn't worth crap and barely counts as a character now. So all we need is for Sakura to dump him.
Well, if you take a cue from the last thing Karin said, she ISN'T over him. She still referred to Sakura as 'the enemy'.... presumably meaning she was still, even after he tossed her aside and said she was a worthless liability, loyal to Sasuke.
lonewolf777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 21:28   Link #77
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngelZ28 View Post
If naruto doesn't want to kill Sasuke "and become the hero", or let Sasuke kill him "and become the victim", maybe his third option is to become so strong to stop him at every attempt Sasuke makes (thus keeping him alive and Konoha safe). This will suck for Sasuke as he will be alive but unable to achieve any of his goal ( it would be the same as killing him inside)
So Naruto's third option is to be a giant cockblock?...Well, at least that is a better option than most...
Old 2010-03-03, 21:30   Link #78
NoLongerSane

Well, upon reading the scan I thougth this chapter was an enjoyable read. First of all, I enjoyed how even though Sakura still has feeling for Sasuke, she became angry when Sasuke was berating Naruto for trying to convince him to come back. Plus, good for Kakashi for getting a hit in and trying to get both Naruto and Sakura away so he would take on the burden of killing Sasuke and not involving those two. I was please to see that the sanctimonious rants were kept to a minimal or we would have been seeing pages and panels taken up by dialog for this chapter. For some reason I see the poison kunai coming into play in the up coming chapters, which would be interesing to see Sakura's reaction. Plus, Sasuke did not get hit with the kunai but I am wondering why Kakashi said do not worry about Sasuke getting poison if he was not even scratched.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 21:32   Link #79
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Plus, Sasuke did not get hit with the kunai but I am wondering why Kakashi said do not worry about Sasuke getting poison if he was not even scratched.
Kakashi was making the point that, during his time with Orochimaru, Sasuke would have been made resistant to such things. In essence, he's telling Sakura that she simply did not think her plan through even if she had the will to carry it out.
Old 2010-03-03, 21:41   Link #80
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Kakashi was making the point that, during his time with Orochimaru, Sasuke would have been made resistant to such things. In essence, he's telling Sakura that she simply did not think her plan through even if she had the will to carry it out.
Good point, but the bad thing about it was that Naruto took the hit instead of Sasuke.

As to the third option for Naurto, I think it would be beating Sasuke until he got an epiphany through various flashbacks on how his path was the wrong choice.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion