AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 93 68.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 19.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 3.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-17, 22:44   Link #61
type-R!

Dude this episode made me shed mantears. The concert was awesome and the emotional part just made it perfect. At least Yui got her song about food...
Old 2010-08-17, 22:45   Link #62
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

KyoAni knows how to do the waterworks.

Yui just doesn't know when to stop does she?
Also it seemed a lot like their actual Live concert they did back in December.

Also, isn't Mugi's song the one they put U&I's lyrics too?

And Yui did her SaSaSaSaSa again on stage...though she did run into Azusa this time.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:51   Link #63
Rice_slayer
Resident Car Buff

Dang, just graduating 2 months ago now makes me understand how the girls felt. I lost my first real "girl" friend who was my best friend as she had to go back home, and I honestly felt they way those girls did ;_;

Good episode, by far one of the best ones yet! Thanks to kk(gg) for subbing this one, I knew coalguys would be delayed AGAIN :P.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:52   Link #64
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Shouldn't you be at uni? Skipping lectures is bad.
Old 2010-08-17, 22:59   Link #65
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Extra studies for her music course
Old 2010-08-17, 23:01   Link #66
Tsumugi~
"This guy are sick."

Gah, I didn't even notice Sokabe! Thanks for screening the scene lol
Old 2010-08-18, 00:53   Link #67
chickdigger802

Strange how stuff like this that is insanely popular in japan doesn't have unlimited budget, while other kyoani stuff seems to have (just watched Clannad bluray... dammnnnn Jimmy).

I guess this is probably the last live K-on songs ever based off how the show/manga finished soon?
Old 2010-08-18, 01:46   Link #68
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serffix View Post

Spoiler for Yui and Ui's parents:
was really wondering where Ui was looking at at that scene, but if that's really their parents then it's nice their parents are there.

I was bored with Yui's MC-ing. *somebody stops her!*
really heartwarming when they started talking about their plans. another live perf would really really be nice.
so Mugi's a selfish spoiled brat. LOL throwing tantrums just like a toddler.

6 next eps would be?
~class Photo shoot
~christmas
~new year
~what else?

w/e I'm still looking forward to all of it. <3 <3 <3
Old 2010-08-18, 02:01   Link #69
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzglez View Post
was really wondering where Ui was looking at at that scene, but if that's really their parents then it's nice their parents are there.

I was bored with Yui's MC-ing. *somebody stops her!*
really heartwarming when they started talking about their plans. another live perf would really really be nice.
so Mugi's a selfish spoiled brat. LOL throwing tantrums just like a toddler.

6 next eps would be?
~class Photo shoot
~christmas
~new year
~what else?

w/e I'm still looking forward to all of it. <3 <3 <3
Probably Yurienite's Day Valentines day, final exams, and uh Graduation[Duh? ] which hopefully have one finally performance at[we can dream].
MAL
Old 2010-08-18, 02:13   Link #70
itzglez
♫♫♪

oh yeah! darn, I missed school and I forgot some cool things happen on grad day!

*fingers crossed!*
Old 2010-08-18, 02:27   Link #71
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
Strange how stuff like this that is insanely popular in japan doesn't have unlimited budget, while other kyoani stuff seems to have (just watched Clannad bluray... dammnnnn Jimmy).
TV =/= Blu-Ray

And how much the quality will improve remains to be seen.

Quote:
I guess this is probably the last live K-on songs ever based off how the show/manga finished soon?
There's a chance Kakifly/KyoAni might slip in one more performance, but I wouldn't count on it. I personally think it would be quite fitting to have a grand finale, but I doubt it will ever come that far. After all, the graduation ceremony will take a bit and then we'll probably see the girls each going their merry little way. They probably won't even have time to play.

I wouldn't mind a second OVA like the first one, in which they do another live performance and possibly even hint at the future, though.
Old 2010-08-18, 02:35   Link #72
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Watch as for graduation HTT is asked to perform the Sakura High School Anthem Rock Version and the entire ceremony becomes one big HTT concert

*FLEEEEEZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-08-18, 02:53   Link #73
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wish Yui had told the audience why she named Azusa "Azunyan".

Nice episode. It is always like that for big performances with people cheering behind you - I remember crying it out after my first piano recital (made a mess out of it, but my friends still cheered).

These kind of things are always etched in memory, and act as landmarks in life as you keep going round your routines; they force you to remember happy times and work towards getting those days and times back again.

Anyway, can someone tell me what they wrote all over Mio's hand?

P.S Does Mugivision™ increase tenfold in power when the caster is all excited or emotional?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:14   Link #74
Ezilled

I really wanted to make a long essay for this but there's too many jumbled thoughts in my mind.

Needless to say, it really was, IT REALLY WAS THE BEST EPISODE EVER. Everything is perfect, and the actual performance, intermissions, audiences' participation, and other things were really worth it. Yes, of course, the highlight was the last few moments. I literally shed a tear because it's well-executed and emotionally-draining with a mixbag of jokes. I love how they hugged each other which started by Yui.

Regardless, it was a fun ride. Hope their graduation would feel the same way like this one. Can't wait for their Honey Sweet Tea Time and bitch tears.

Also, U&I rocks.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:29   Link #75
Pikawai
Blabla

I'm speechless, I wasn't expecting something like that at all.

They played 3 songs and two of them are new, 1, 2, 3, 4 Gohan was a nice surprise I found the song fun so far and of course U&I was awesome.
This episode sure was bittersweet it was almost heartbreaking, I think it is the first time we have seen them so sad.

Also why are guys disappointed about Mugi's song? They will do it eventually in the next concert, they hinted at the song way too much to let it drop, it'll be a waste for KyoAni.

PS: I Lol'ed when Yui performed the sasasasa.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:29   Link #76
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I wish Yui had told the audience why she named Azusa "Azunyan".

Nice episode. It is always like that for big performances with people cheering behind you - I remember crying it out after my first piano recital (made a mess out of it, but my friends still cheered).

These kind of things are always etched in memory, and act as landmarks in life as you keep going round your routines; they force you to remember happy times and work towards getting those days and times back again.

Anyway, can someone tell me what they wrote all over Mio's hand?

P.S Does Mugivision™ increase tenfold in power when the caster is all excited or emotional?
I think it's a jumble of the hiragana and kanji for "people" (hito).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:54   Link #77
NakanoAzusa
KeiOnBu Bucho

U&I and Ichi Nii San Gohan is way good! uwa~~~~I cant believe this~~my tears............while at the stage Yui senpai's crying touches!!! especially in the beginning when Nodoka explain about the T-shirt......Mio senpai is now so confidence and smile while singing!!!Mugi senpai is so kawaii with her intro!! Ritsu senpai actually get nervous in spite of her personallity...I m quite happy with Yui's senpai's intro....and in the end....Mugi senpai, Yui senpai, Mio and Ritsu senpai....stop crying...ur making me cry too....uwa~~~~~

!! Family cameo!! anyone realize there's a scene where Ui and Jun standing up...there's a very tiny peek of the Hirasawa parents.....

*sniff*.......................... Yui senpai is sniffing so hard while hugging.....HOKAGO TEA TIME WA....ICHUMO HOKAGO!!!
Old 2010-08-18, 04:02   Link #78
shyezrylei
Intoxicated Guitarist

Send a message via MSN to shyezrylei Send a message via Yahoo to shyezrylei
You definitely see a total change in these girls on stage compared to the other festivals. They've matured in the last 3 years and it seems like Ritsu is the one with the most change. You would think she'll be all totally hyped up and go about what she usually does but no. She's calmed down a bit and takes things in a more serious manner even though she still is forgetful.

Man the ending makes me sooo emotional. KyoAni did a great job.
Old 2010-08-18, 04:13   Link #79
Kev-kun
Curiousity is a Virtue?

Man I cried in this ep at the end T-T I love the new songs sorry mio but yui's lyrics are better lol =)
Old 2010-08-18, 04:16   Link #80
Pachael
原作通り

I feel that this ep is half-ripped (itself) from the Let's Go LIVE (including the breakdowns at the tail end of the concert), but that's not a bad way to go about doing things. At least most of the episode surrounded the actual live as opposed to outdoor shots.

As for the MCing, Ricchan missed her chance (as opposed to last year) to knock Yui with the drumstick.
Closed Thread