081 - 090: Great... 15 22.06%
071 - 080: Very Good... 4 5.88%
061 - 070: Good... 4 5.88%
051 - 060: Average... 7 10.29%
041 - 050: Below Average... 1 1.47%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 2 2.94%
000 - 010: Sometimes you wonder why the animators even bother to show up to work... 5 7.35%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-29, 01:19   Link #61
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
They feared Pein but they also knew he was their savior. They also regard Konan as something of an Angel, so I'm sure she'll have very little resistance to lead her village.
As evil a villain Nagato came to be, he still started his career off by giving renovation to Ame, which had been war-torn during just that Second Shinobi War...So yeah, Pain started a civil war inside of Ame, but in a Machiavellian action, in the end he did manage to remove Hanzo from living existence alongside all known associates of Hanzo's, and cut ties off from other villages...The villagers apparently appreciated Pain for his efforts, since Hanzo seemingly cared more about his position as village leader than he cared for the village itself, having willingly turning it into a battlefield and allying with foreign nations that brought even more harm to Ame...Thanks to Pain's effort, everything was put into order and state was maintained...

Pain may have been on the Most Wanted Terrorists list to the rest of the world, but at least in Ame he was the village hero...

So if Konan wants to run Ame, I doubt she'll have any trouble with the people, seeing how she formerly was Pain's right hand woman, and maybe having an easier time now at the head of state since she brings a different intent to the table...
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 13:10   Link #62
Ashaman

I don't think the Shodai and Nidaime resserectoins were permanent, and they needed live sacrifices to work. Gaara's was a one to one exchange, and Pain's Phoenix Down use killed him. In all cases, it seems someone has to die.

They saw Pain as a God, so him being dead may turn the people against him. It's like a cult. You worship someone as a living God, but when you find out he was just a freud tricking you, turning against him isn't un-natural.

That said, I don't think Konan will have much problem in gaining control, especially if she puts the correct spin on it.
Old 2010-08-29, 14:02   Link #63
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
I don't think the Shodai and Nidaime resserectoins were permanent, and they needed live sacrifices to work. Gaara's was a one to one exchange, and Pain's Phoenix Down use killed him. In all cases, it seems someone has to die.

They saw Pain as a God, so him being dead may turn the people against him. It's like a cult. You worship someone as a living God, but when you find out he was just a freud tricking you, turning against him isn't un-natural.

That said, I don't think Konan will have much problem in gaining control, especially if she puts the correct spin on it.
If you recall, Orochimaru also offered Tsunade to revive her dead brother and lover if she cured his arms, so I do think the technique's effect is permanent.
Old 2010-08-29, 14:27   Link #64
james0246

^Admittedly, that could have just been a lie, and I don't seem to recall Orochimaru claiming that the dead lover and dead brother would keep indefinitely; he just said that he would bring the loved ones back...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 21:50   Link #65
defrule

Konan

Akatsuki is really losing members now no?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-29, 22:10   Link #66
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
As evil a villain Nagato came to be, he still started his career off by giving renovation to Ame, which had been war-torn during just that Second Shinobi War...So yeah, Pain started a civil war inside of Ame, but in a Machiavellian action, in the end he did manage to remove Hanzo from living existence alongside all known associates of Hanzo's, and cut ties off from other villages...The villagers apparently appreciated Pain for his efforts, since Hanzo seemingly cared more about his position as village leader than he cared for the village itself, having willingly turning it into a battlefield and allying with foreign nations that brought even more harm to Ame...Thanks to Pain's effort, everything was put into order and state was maintained...

Pain may have been on the Most Wanted Terrorists list to the rest of the world, but at least in Ame he was the village hero...

So if Konan wants to run Ame, I doubt she'll have any trouble with the people, seeing how she formerly was Pain's right hand woman, and maybe having an easier time now at the head of state since she brings a different intent to the table...
Agreed.

There is also the potential ally Nagato won over for the village of Ame-ga-kure in the future-hokage, Naruto of the Leaf. As it has been shown over and over, the old and the ancient (the old lady from the sand, Orochimaru, Danzo, Pain, and etc.) needs to perish so they can make way for the newer minds with fresh perspective that are unaffected by the extent of a war and haven't been as affected by the aftermath of a war. Konan can also take her time to come up with a plan in the midst of her people who should still be ignorant of the fact the Pain is no longer. I also wonder if she knows that rain-making jitsu. Some factions should be very interested at testing Konan once they learn about Pain's demise. That rain can help her keep tab of any unusual gathering. She won't be able to count on Leaf at the moment considering it needs to concentrate at rebuilding and will also have to sort out its own internal conflict that is being stirred by the members of the council. I sure hope Tsunade-sama will fall on those idiots with all her weight concentrated in her mammoth mammary.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 05:31   Link #67
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
it needs to concentrate at rebuilding and will also have to sort out its own internal conflict that is being stirred by the members of the council. I sure hope Tsunade-sama will fall on those idiots with all her weight concentrated in her mammoth mammary.
what conflict? What could the two old guys possibly say to Tsunade, since she was right (believe in Naruto, he'll save our ass)?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 08:13   Link #68
james0246

^I think monir is talking about Danzou abandoning his post and hiding out in the sewers with an army of shinobi.
Old 2010-08-30, 09:50   Link #69
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Admittedly, that could have just been a lie, and I don't seem to recall Orochimaru claiming that the dead lover and dead brother would keep indefinitely; he just said that he would bring the loved ones back...

Oro could had been lying, but, having Tsunade, a genius ninja, believe Oro, could tell you that such thing (a permananent reincarnation) is possible. On the other hand, Tsunade could had been so blind to just see them, she wouldnt had not cared if it was just for a few minutes.

Personally I believe Oro was going to keep his part of the deal, while I dont think Edo tensei zombies stay going to the end.
Old 2010-08-30, 10:17   Link #70
james0246

^It could be that Orochimaru would teach her the technique, and then have her keep performing it (sacrificing others) in order to keep her loved ones "alive" .
Old 2010-09-01, 04:44   Link #71
neshru

Old 2010-09-01, 23:19   Link #72
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The episode was good, flashbacks and all.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 10:26   Link #73
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

A thought about Nagato: Anyone else think the 3 headed dog summon is their dead dog?
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 21:44   Link #74
defrule

About the resurrection technique. Konan commented that with so little chakra left Nagato would die from using it. Would this imply that Nagato with an appropriate reserve of chakra can use the technique and still live?
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 07:07   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule View Post
About the resurrection technique. Konan commented that with so little chakra left Nagato would die from using it. Would this imply that Nagato with an appropriate reserve of chakra can use the technique and still live?
He could just pull out the souls of people like nothing, so why not believe that he can do the opposite if the soul is near/fresh enough to be able to put it back in the body. But still doing godlike jutsu in Kishimoto's world always requires some kind of sacrifice. When Yahiko died we see Nagato pulling out the souls of an entire ninja army, but as we have seen he needed to sacrifice part of his health, he had to connect to some kind of monster with those black rods in his back. From that time he became a disabled man, so he used the 6 pain bodies. But it seems that that sacrifice of his body has granted him the power over human souls, he can pull out or put back a soul without any further sacrifice, he just needs chakra to do it.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 19:39   Link #76
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Let me share my thoughts.

Of the on-going manga, the Pain Arc was and is my best-favorite arc throughout the entire storyline.

Pain brought a whole-new dimension to the Akatsuki roster, as his character added depth and gravitas to become a counter to Naruto's.

I can say that the Pain arc marked the transition to an even darker and a little-bit more dramatic storylines for the future of Naruto.

Naruto, at the end, was able to understand and empathize with Nagato.

The thing is if things have never changed or have turnaround for the worst, then Naruto would have become no different from Nagato in the canon storyline; remarking alternate scenario.

While I digress with the remainder of the episode adding filler material to Naruto's welcome back to Konoha due that whole scene downplayed much of Nagato's conclusion and last lesson to Naruto, nonetheless, it is appreciated in the context that it was now Naruto's turn to earn the affection and love of his people just like happened to Gaara with his people welcoming him back at the end of the first Shipuuden arc.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 20:34   Link #77
neshru

There was no filler in this episode. They just moved the Ebisu flashbacks from the middle of the arc to the last episode.
Old 2010-09-22, 16:10   Link #78
Alchemist007
*Author

Caught up to this ep. Fillers...in both Bleach and this began. The world has cometh to an end!

Tags
weekly episode discussion