AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2004-10-02, 10:06   Link #61
TronDD
Team the box!

Nah, nothing will work for Naruto.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 13:49   Link #62
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I just saw the RAW, and I'm impressed. I don't enjoy fantasy too much, but this one looks like it'll be a good series.

I'm just wondering how exactly
Spoiler:

This is the only Fall anime I've seen so far, I don't know of any of the other ones
Old 2004-10-02, 20:14   Link #63
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I just saw the RAW, and I'm impressed. I don't enjoy fantasy too much, but this one looks like it'll be a good series.

I'm just wondering how exactly
Spoiler:

This is the only Fall anime I've seen so far, I don't know of any of the other ones
Episode 1 is great. I'm pretty sure My Hime is of at least some quality.

1.) By Sunrise
2.) By very talented Voice Actors i.e. same voice actor for Maia of Daphne, there's also same person who did Sagara Souske of FMP, and also loads more.

Looks good. I enjoyed the first episode.
gundamfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 20:26   Link #64
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I saw the raw of this. Very cool beans and I'm digging the vibe I get from it. It's the same vibe I get from Dendoh as a series. The character designer for Dendoh and Mai-Hime are the same, Hisayuki Hirokazu (his personal page is http://www.dendoh.com ) but that isn't the reason why I'm getting the same vibe. Very cool action and the music isn't too bad.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 21:18   Link #65
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

What I found really funy for this show was the fact that near entire cast list for DearS had been transported here I hope it's also the return of Iwao Junko as a working VA after being absent for 2 years

But with this many girls/characters and top end seiyuu I really wonder if 13 episodes is ever going to do this show any justice.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 21:52   Link #66
wao
OK.

What!! Where did you find out it's 13 eps long?! That's absurd! How can they end this show at 13 eps, it's screaming 26 eps to me There's a lot to explore... so many characters (and thus so many relationships) and backstory and all, 13 eps?!/1@

Well, now there's a sub out. Let's see how it's like...

Meanwhile I'm wondering just what this other dude Kanzaki Reito has to do with everything. He's listed as the 3rd character after Mai and Natsuki on the Character page for the official Mai-Hime site, so he can't be totally useless? BUt then again, the guys seem to be totally pushed out of this anime, going by the OP. Heh.
He's wearing a different uniform, though.. and he's 18... going by the OP again, I get very vague Touga vibes...
Old 2004-10-02, 22:20   Link #67
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

No, I heard at two source (forget which but I shall dig them up) the series is to be 26 episodes. I don't know where you got 13 from, as I haven't seen that number anywhere
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 22:59   Link #68
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Did anyone catch what HiME stands for in this anime? Some of the letters were covered in the OP. Anyone have a definite answer or educated guess?
Old 2004-10-02, 23:29   Link #69
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
Did anyone catch what HiME stands for in this anime? Some of the letters were covered in the OP. Anyone have a definite answer or educated guess?
Highly-Advanced Materializing Equipment.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-02, 23:59   Link #70
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Found this interesting:

anime-keep says 26:
http://www.anime-keep.org/showprojec...layout=6&ID=57

anidb says 13:
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=1554

animenfo says 13:
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...,mai_hime.html

while most other sites (that i cant remember links too) clearly stated 26. Perhaps it's undecided?
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 00:01   Link #71
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

Thanks Shouta, the concept reminds me of Scryed's Alter ability.

I can't believe it though, a fansub already. I'm hesitant to download it since it's a speed sub... Are there any other groups thinking for covering this series?

EDIT: Didn't see your post till I had posted mine. Anime-Keep eh? I've never been disappointed by them, a really solid group. I guess I'll wait for them.
Old 2004-10-03, 09:38   Link #72
Lordlic

Yeah, that shining thing is quite...well..."speedsub", typos like "prevert" or 56kbit audio (what the hell... >_>) and of course the encode is not really good as well.
Lordlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 09:47   Link #73
LastDuaL
Drunken Samurai

I don't think Shining did a bad job at all, esp given the time.

This show looks like it will live up to my expectations. The music is great, story starts out with a good serving of both action and mystery, fan-service was never over-the-top, and I love the character designs. Looking forward to more of this....
LastDuaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 10:22   Link #74
7thMethuselah

I'm pleasantly surprised by the first episode: good action, fantasy, mecha dog a kickass sword, a bit of fanservice and good music to go along with that.
Spoiler:

Oh and one more thing (might be nothing) but when the pick the swordgirl out of the sea she's wearing a different uniform than the one used by the girls at Fuuka Academy (they say she's from Fuuka later on), would that mean anything special or am I just nitpicking?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 11:44   Link #75
H2-FumoGuu
パンツ。。。好き

Watched the raw for first episode and it was very cool. It's funny how the little girl uses and sword that's way too big for her (makes for some stylish looking aciton tho) and the older girl uses really tiny pistols.

Only problem is it looks like four or more groups have decided to sub this one and that's no good.
H2-FumoGuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 11:55   Link #76
Kensuke

It seems that also Static-Subs has released the first episode.

Good first episode, I don't like fantasy, but this looks very intresting. Combination of scifi, swords, magical powers, girls and school so what else you can expect than action and comedy from this.
And in that preview when Mai says somethis like "Isn't this anime supposed to be about passion of school life?" indicates that this series isn't supposed to take too seriously.

I just want more Yuki Kajiura's music.

Depending how this will be develop, I would be glad if this is 26-episode series. At least it has potential for great series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:28   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordlic
Yeah, that shining thing is quite...well..."speedsub", typos like "prevert" or 56kbit audio (what the hell... >_>) and of course the encode is not really good as well.
Yup, definitely agree with this - the audio really annoyed me the most (24000 hz & 56kbit stereo never sounds good).

That being said, I think the anime has potential for sure - I'm going to keep following it. The wierd mix of ecchi and action caught me off guard a bit, but on the whole I was left interested in seeing what happens next.

Spoiler for my summary of episode 1 in ten words or less:
Looking forward to the next episode!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:30   Link #78
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Found this interesting:

anime-keep says 26:
http://www.anime-keep.org/showprojec...layout=6&ID=57

anidb says 13:
http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=1554

animenfo says 13:
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...,mai_hime.html

while most other sites (that i cant remember links too) clearly stated 26. Perhaps it's undecided?
Check out a mecha designer's diary who worked on Mai Hime at http://diary4.cgiboy.com/1/kenoo/

See 2004.9.12, " 【舞-HiME】15話、メカ作監 " or translated... Mai Hime 15th Episode, Mecha Supervisor

On 2004.9.30 " 【舞-HiME】次は20話のメカ作監らしい。 " or ... Mai Hime again for the 20th Episode, be the Mecha Supervisor.

It is more than 13 episodes, but it could be 24, 25, 26 or 30 episodes at the end.

Interesting to see that they have drawn up the animations up to Episode 20 before the series even aired.

Voice recording, quality control and editing takes a lot of time, I guess...
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-03, 12:35   Link #79
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

It looks ok, the art is not bad but what's to say of the 1st episode, they usually blow their load there.

I dind't quite like the yu-gi-oh action over there. Standard cut-scenes of transformations/weapon summonings etc. They get all Samurai Pizza cat on my ass there. But that's just personal i guess..

Furthermore I can't help getting a little E's Otherwise feeling but that might clear up.

WAY better then the also just released Beet the Vandal buster whom in i lost interest before you can say "birdman".
Old 2004-10-03, 12:46   Link #80
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Interesting to see how non-Japanese anime fans take this anime in a similar way as us.

So, let's begin.

Many have mentioned SUNRISE doing a bishoujo series is interesting and it has been touted as "SUNRISE's first moe~type anime." Hmm, I wonder what happened to their "Seraphim Call" and "Sentimental Journey" then.

However, promo videos shown across stores at Akihabara and word of mouth was going around that this is an anime that is worth viewing for the next season. Added to a an astounding seiyuu cast, the anime seisaku staff members were also reknowned members in the anime community, which further added to the interest of otakus alike.

So, I sat down on Thursday night last week and watched the first episode of "Mai-HiME" and I have only one word to describe it:

"Moe!" (the other word for it)

Now I can only hope they can keep the sakuga-quality of this anime at this level.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote