AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-08, 19:06   Link #781
DMurphy

The Orbital Fleet may also not have been that large in the first place. Given how costly it must be to make ships, it wouldn't be that surprising if 'fleet' meant 4-8 ships.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 01:04   Link #782
Irenesharda

One of the anime magazine's (I believe Otomedia?) release the title for episode 48. It will be called 48話「約束」or "Promise".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 01:24   Link #783
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
I have to think it's more than that.
Eh, if there's one thing summaries taught me is that they don't really provide real meaty spoilers, so I keep my expectations as low as possible with them.

Quote:
However, the ships are the biggest issue and that's basically where Rustal stays, so there will have be a space force fighting him as well. I can see McGillis taking him on in space, perhaps using Mars' moons to his advantage. But how do we have the forces go to the planet to fight on land? I have to think something has happened.
That's the problem. Rustal needs to die, but how do we drag him out in the open where it's possible to kill him? I have no idea.

Quote:
Wait a minute...what if, because Tekkadan arose from Mars, Rustal has had Proto put the entire colony of Chyrese under martial law because they are a "breeding ground for terrorists" or something like that. So, basically Gjallarhorn is now terrorizing Mars and Tekkadan is now having to fight for their home, which is why they are fighting on land as Rustal sends his men to wipe them out as well as to terrorize the people so that no one else will stand up to Gjallarhorn like Tekkadan has? Basically trying to make examples of them.
That's probably not the smartest move as it would basically ensure Tekkadan and McGillis wide support of the public and all the revolutionaries, discontents and such willing to fight alongside them?

Speaking of wild ideas, I kind of like this one: if they're doing homage, we might see the Ares drop on Mars, causing huge deathtoll and the public turning against Rustal for real.

Quote:
One of the anime magazine's (I believe Otomedia?) release the title for episode 48. It will be called 48話「約束」or "Promise".
Oh, could it be we'll see the full story of how Mika and Orga met and what led to their bloody oath? Though at the same time it pretty much ensures one of them will be dying soon...
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 01:41   Link #784
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Oh, could it be we'll see the full story of how Mika and Orga met and what led to their bloody oath? Though at the same time it pretty much ensures one of them will be dying soon...
Yeah this is long overdue lol, if the show closes without showing this I'll be pretty mad
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 09:14   Link #785
K30nu

Gundam wing last battle get unexpected help from treize
Gundam 00 last battle start with lost of a lot khataron ship and unexpected help from katy manequinn
I think they will get last minute from ex turbines/mcmurdo
K30nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 09:51   Link #786
FerrusManus

I have the feeling that the ending is going to be similiar to Valvrave the Liberator. Three of the Valvrave pilots where killed or died, including the MC. And the situation was also pretty hopeless for the heroes.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-09, 10:48   Link #787
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by K30nu View Post
Gundam wing last battle get unexpected help from treize
It's far from unexpected. Treize has been amassing his Earth fleet after Zechs made the announcement to destroy Earth with Libra.

Also, the protag groups in SEED & Destiny was fighting the antagonist without surprise help. It's the opposite even, the antagonist came up with surprise weapons & MS.
Old 2017-03-09, 13:55   Link #788
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
I have the feeling that the ending is going to be similiar to Valvrave the Liberator. Three of the Valvrave pilots where killed or died, including the MC. And the situation was also pretty hopeless for the heroes.
I don't remember much of Valvrave's ending, except that MC's death was a bit of a shocker. At least this time I'm prepared.

Or not. A fake spoiler (cause it's gotta be fake, what with McGillis becoming Tekkadan's new danchou after Orga's death) for episode 49 gave me a heart attack for a second, damn.
Old 2017-03-09, 15:15   Link #789
Irenesharda

Quote:
I don't remember much of Valvrave's ending, except that MC's death was a bit of a shocker. At least this time I'm prepared.

Or not. A fake spoiler (cause it's gotta be fake, what with McGillis becoming Tekkadan's new danchou after Orga's death) for episode 49 gave me a heart attack for a second, damn.
Haruto's death wasn't really a shocker in VVV, there was several things that pointed to it from about midway through the second season.

As for the spoiler, I saw that to, but didn't even bother posting it since it was obviously fake. Not only did it not make sense in terms of plot, but if you looked closely enough to the pic, there were signs of it being a photoshop job.

But like you, for a sec, I was like: "What?!" Orga gets killed in episode 48? And then McGillis takes over as leader of Tekkadan? And then they do a suicide run on Earth?!

To be honest, I would have actually thought there was something to it until they whole "suicide run on Earth" thing. I mean, it made no sense in terms of the story. You just left Earth. So you go all the way back to Mars just for Orga to die and then go back to Earth again? Really?!

Also, while I like McGillis, he has no need nor would he really want to head up Tekkadan. And I don't see them accepting him as leader, even IF something happened to Orga. Especially with Eugene beginning to show his leadership chops.

So yeah, very fake, but an interesting thing to put out there and send watchers into shock.

However, interestingly, I do find it fascinating, that in the Animedia magazine interview they have for this coming month, the producer Ogawa points out something interesting.

We've been comparing McGillis to Mika for a little bit now, especially since we got to see more of his backstory. However, Ogawa actually says that it's McGillis and Orga who are mirroring each other. And that McGillis is what Orga would be like without having found friends or having real friendship. And now that he mentions it, I can really see that.
Both of them are very charismatic, both are can inspire loyalty in those around them, both can motivate and push their men to the utmost, and both show a loyalty to the men under their command. Orga however, has a more personal relationship with his men, because he thinks of them as his brothers and his family. McGillis doesn't have such a connection, so while he doesn't want his men to die needlessly, he doesn't see them as family or any such thing like that.
In fact, I would venture that Macky has never felt like he has ever had a family. Slight hints of friendship with Gaelio perhaps, and a professional confidant in Isurugi, but never a family.

Further in the article he says that Orga and the older members are used to having a lot of enemies, so don't count them out just yet. Also, though, that they can't get out of this on their own.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-10, 00:03   Link #790
tdx

Quote:
Haruto's death wasn't really a shocker in VVV, there was several things that pointed to it from about midway through the second season.
You could say I was an optimist back then who didn't believe in the possibility of the MC actually dying... And look at me now, jaded and disillusioned, having no hope for Mika (though Orga also dying will probably still be a bit too much, as that fake spoiler hammered home).

Quote:
However, interestingly, I do find it fascinating, that in the Animedia magazine interview they have for this coming month, the producer Ogawa points out something interesting.
My package with this month's magazines is still a few days away sadly, so I have yet to read that interview, though I guess I do agree that likening McGillis to Orga makes more sense than likening him to Mika like I've seen several people do, especially in the light of McGillis' admiration for Agnika who he sees in Mika, so it kinda makes Agnika Mika to McGillis' Orga.
Old 2017-03-10, 03:54   Link #791
Skaddix

I could buy Orga dying.

The problem was them going back to Earth and McGillis some how becoming the leader of Tekkadan.

The first because this is fiction thus there is a certain degree of poetry needed ie the Journey ends where it begun one last stand where the journey began makes more sense then flying all the way back to Earth.

McGillis leading Tekkadan doesn't make any sense. Because for me to buy that pretty much all of Tekkadan would have to be dead such that there be no point.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 03:55   Link #792
darkone45

Quote:
shock.

I also heard Biscuit is in that issue and on the next one have Atson, are they interviewing dead Tekkadan members ? would that mean Shino would be on the summer issue ?
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 07:44   Link #793
Irenesharda

New preview pics are up, but not much is told to us. We do learn that Kudelia will play a part, and Nobliss is back in this as well. We see Bael on the planet's surface, so whatever they did to the Mars branch that was stopping them was pretty quick.

It seems that McGillis' coup has affected Mars too, and Orga is meeting with his men to discuss what to do next. Also, Iok wants to go do something, and hopefully it's something that will get him killed. But we'll have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
I also heard Biscuit is in that issue and on the next one have Atson, are they interviewing dead Tekkadan members ? would that mean Shino would be on the summer issue ?
I haven't seen anything in regards to that, but I wouldn't be surprised.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-10, 10:25   Link #794
tdx

I personally am glad that Nobliss isn't going to be a loose end carelessly forgotten by the plot. He doesn't look happy in the screenshot, so he'll be up to no good, I'm sure. As we've already seen, he gives no damn about people's lives, their living standards and such, so I doubt he wants Mars to be independent, and if anything, it's precisely the awful living conditions and Mars' forced colonial dependency on Earth that makes him money, so yeah, more of his ruthless schemes incoming.

As to Kudelia, I hope her scenes are not just her fawning over Mika and Atra again. Seriously, for all my finding such moments pretty adorable, I'm starting to really get tired of them, especially now that the situation is desperate like never before and Kudelia needs to show what she's got as a politician, not a babysitter or a nurse, please.

And yeah, hopefully Idiok gets himself killed already. Preferably without taking tons of civilians with him.
Old 2017-03-10, 13:08   Link #795
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I just hope he doesn't end up being the fall guy while both sides forget their difference temporarily and take him out or just stay at a statement that isn't resolved (unless they bring in a Season 3 or movie). I want one of those sides to win at least.
Old 2017-03-10, 15:41   Link #796
Bgunit

Say can someone translate please:

http://gundamlog.com/archives/49638588.html
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 16:57   Link #797
K30nu

47 episodes "Sacrifice" Broadcast on March 12, 2017
The Tekadan returned to Mars headquarters to try to rebuild. But the situation has changed completely ....
Screenplay = Rie Okada Director = Shigeru Ueda Storyboard Container = Tetsuhito Saito, Osamu Kamei
Drawing director = Shinbo Takuro, Abe Kunihiro (Mech)

48 episodes "Promise" broadcast on March 19, 2017
Screenplay = Hiroki Okada Director = Shoji Ikeno Storyboard Container = Hiroaki Endo, Susumu Nishizawa
Drawing director = Yuichi Yoshida, Nagisa Nakajima, Natsuki Egami, Kaoru Saito, Masami Ohari (Mechas)

49 episodes "Subtitle TBD" Broadcast on March 26, 2017
Screenplay = Okada Maki Director = Okubo Tomoko Conte = Hiroaki Endo, Aya Kamei, Iwao Teraoka
Drawing director = Kenichi Onuki, Naoto Nakamoto, Akiko Toyoda, Mikako Kamiya, Katsuyuki Yamasaki, Hayako Uda (Mecha), Kenichi Takase (Mecha)

Final story "Subtitle TBD" Broadcast on April 2, 2017
Screenplay = TBD Director = TBD TABY CONTEST = TBD Drawing Director = TBD
K30nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-10, 22:57   Link #798
Ernietheracefan

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be surprised if Iok can survive from the final moment & becoming the PD version of Patrick..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 01:39   Link #799
Skaddix

Quote:
I personally am glad that Nobliss isn't going to be a loose end carelessly forgotten by the plot. He doesn't look happy in the screenshot, so he'll be up to no good, I'm sure. As we've already seen, he gives no damn about people's lives, their living standards and such, so I doubt he wants Mars to be independent, and if anything, it's precisely the awful living conditions and Mars' forced colonial dependency on Earth that makes him money, so yeah, more of his ruthless schemes incoming.

As to Kudelia, I hope her scenes are not just her fawning over Mika and Atra again. Seriously, for all my finding such moments pretty adorable, I'm starting to really get tired of them, especially now that the situation is desperate like never before and Kudelia needs to show what she's got as a politician, not a babysitter or a nurse, please.

And yeah, hopefully Idiok gets himself killed already. Preferably without taking tons of civilians with him.
Nobliss is probably looking for that Teiwaz Deal. He will help Tekkadan and Kudelia out in exchange for a list of demands if they win.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-11, 01:40   Link #800
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Wow final story huh? I hope for a finale resolution then.