Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-11-03, 17:49   Link #781
Breimn

Val turned the dungeon floor in a military base with anti god turrets lol
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 05:01   Link #782
lexlexz

why is the name of the chapter the being that toys with gurodanis ?
is birkine taken over?
Spoiler for and:

Last edited by lexlexz; 2017-11-04 at 05:50.
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 05:05   Link #783
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
why is the name of the chapter the being that toys with gurodanis ?
is birkine taken over?
Spoiler for Correct me if I'm wrong:

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-04, 05:57   Link #784
lexlexz

i really liked the ?image? of the way darcia fights

Spoiler for darcia powers:
Old 2017-11-05, 00:08   Link #785
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexlexz View Post
i really liked the ?image? of the way darcia fights

Spoiler for darcia powers:
Spoiler for .:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-05, 02:30   Link #786
Imagine Breaker

Just realized something..

Miles Rouge (dunno the correct name) was a human before he became noble-born vampire, right? But he turned into werewolf form when fighting with Birkyne's minions. @_@

Reread the whole arc. Damn, how did I missed that little thing in his status sheet? That additional character in the race name, that skill...

Anyway, so that would mean they gained various skills when they mutated eh? Kek.

Last edited by Imagine Breaker; 2017-11-05 at 05:51.
Old 2017-11-05, 18:17   Link #787
kari-no-sugata II

I dunno if Van's last attack killed the evil god... but I guess that'll be confirmed soon enough in the next chapter.

Was nice to see Vida/Darcia kick ass. Also, makes me wonder how effective Fitun's plan will be. Does he have some special sauce prepared that will give him a chance? Maybe he'll use better tactics...? If not, it seems like it would be a boring fight.

So far, Van hasn't gone public about his achievements but it would be funny if he did. I can just imagine him (or Vida) issuing a sort-of press release where he claims he's defeated the two (really 3) of the evil vampires and even their god in just a few years while Alda spent 100,000 years blowing smoke out of his ass.

From what we've seen so far though, such actions would be rather out of character. But what if someone tries to credit Heinz with all that? Would Van sit quiet or would he go public? Anyway... I guess after this fight the arc will go back to a bit of political dealings until Murakami and co turn up to try whatever stupid idea they have.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 03:05   Link #788
Imagine Breaker

^The evil bright ghosts trio were said to ranked up from 5 to 6 because of the fight with Hihiryushukaka, so it's safe to say the poor guy's rekt already. They did ranked up from 4 to 5 through fighting the minion noble vampire.

Old 2017-11-06, 08:43   Link #789
kari-no-sugata II

^ Ah, thanks. It seems I had missed reading the notes at the end, for once. It's not like I doubted the guy's death though.

Anyway, a good day for Van - two more names crossed off his shit list. Just Heinz+co and Alda remain. I wonder if we'll see Van make specific efforts to undermine Alda long term...
Old 2017-11-06, 08:53   Link #790
Imagine Breaker

^Another job change incoming, I guess? Kek.

As for Alda, isn't he (rather, Darcia) already doing some evangelical mission? They would be having a hard time separating Vida devotees from that reconciliation faction, but if they manage to do it, then the rest would be pretty much easy. Having the Five Colored Blades, who are basically the figureheads of the reconciliation faction, attain that Vida's enemy title might make things easier. At least inside the Kingdom.

Old 2017-11-06, 11:12   Link #791
kari-no-sugata II

Lots of job changes coming on, for nearly everyone I guess. (All those on Van's side in the fight who can take jobs)

Perhaps another new unique skill for Van if he's eaten that god. Come to think of it, I don't think he's even used his new Perfect Record skill yet.

There have been hints earlier in the arc that Van will eventually take over the town or something along those lines. So it'll be interesting to see what that actually means. Will all the inhabitants join Vida's reinc system? Will everyone become Vida believers?

While Darcia has been preaching Vida's faith, that wasn't really planned by them in advance and was more of a response to a request, IIRC. However, what they've been doing here might turn out to be something that they can replicate on a wider scale in future. Basically, if it turns out to have significant benefits (against Alda) would they decide to become proactive about doing it and future and also scale it up? Not just taking over the town but the entire Duchy. Then multiple Duchies. Then the entire country.
Old 2017-11-06, 15:44   Link #792
lexlexz

perfect record skill?
i dont remenber ...
when was that skill?
Old 2017-11-06, 16:22   Link #793
Imagine Breaker

^The one he gained from eating Curatos.

^^IIRC it was mentioned to be used to create those prosthetic limbs.

Edit: Can somebody explain the mechanics of that imaginary cannon? Thanks.

Last edited by Imagine Breaker; 2017-11-06 at 17:02.
Old 2017-11-06, 20:11   Link #794
Akiraa
rc

^ Unlike the name, death magic doesn't do too much damage, therefore Van uses the imaginary cannon, look at Curatos when he sees Van using the move, he comments this is basically like a gigantic amount of mana throw at you. The way I see is basically like a genki dama, the cannon in the name is just because he's shooting at the enemy and from the size only a cannon could shoot that.
Akiraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 23:27   Link #795
Imagine Breaker

That's what I understood at first...until I realized that it can destroy something portrayed as indestructible (i.e. dungeons). There must be more to that.

Edit: New raw out.

A certain vampire became vampire princess knight. Another became vampire empress butler. A vampire zombie became vampire chain lord zombie. Kek.

So...noble-born vampires can't become purebreed? Or is it already useless since they're already abyss vampires?

Last edited by Imagine Breaker; 2017-11-07 at 17:26. Reason: merged
Old 2017-11-07, 19:03   Link #796
sasuke706

Nobles can't become purebreeds. They can become as strong as them, but is more difficult.
It mentioned before that even if a purebreed ranks up, they're still just a purebreed and only the rank number changes.
It's also likely that servant-class vampires can't become noble vampires. (Purebreed is made from Progenitor blood, Noble is made from Purebreed blood, servants made from Noble blood)

Seems to have slight advantages and disadvantages.
Pureblood vampires seem to start with natural extremely high vampire traits, i.e. Extreme Strength and Hyperspeed Regeneration (compared to Highspeed Regeneration that the three still have). However any specializations they do is all through jobs and none racial. They also racially start at rank 13 where nobles start at rank 7, I believe?
Noble vampires don't seem to have any racial differences among fellow noble vampires until rank 13, but then it seems they can racially specialize into something as well as use the job system to create a doubled effect. Like how Belmond is racially a butler and Elenora is racially a knight, which can synergize with their job choices. Or likewise still get bonuses to butler-related skills while branching off into other categories with the job system.
It's been mentioned before that races can provide bonuses toward skills as well, like how Taleah was mentioned to get crafting bonuses from becoming an unheard Ghoul Artisan.

So Elenora has more potential as a (princess) knight than a purebreed would, but less potential as a vampire.

Although honestly these differences rarely show enough considering individual difference seems to be everything to begin with.
Like how Zod was good at muscle arts and only muscle arts; that's completely individual differences and has nothing to do with his race or his job selection.
Likewise effort can overcome any skill differences between purebreeds and nobles, seeing as Van, a dhampir, has surpassed most noble vampires with just his vampire traits even.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 19:59   Link #797
Imagine Breaker

What does his evolved binding skill called? It did evolved this time and the kanji implies that he can now summon them creatures from his shadow. Not as freaky as releasing them the usual way, i.e. from his body.

The evolved Strengthen Subordinates was a letdown tho.

Old 2017-11-07, 20:14   Link #798
sasuke706

Well assuming 装群術 is Equip Swarm (from 装備 and 群れ), 装影群術 would be Equip Shadow Swarm.
As 装群術 made it where he could 'equip' whoever he wanted including undead, the only upgrade it could really do is now make it where they can appear from his shadow.
It would be interesting if Vandalieu's 'other selves' (his clones he makes with his spirit/materialize combo) counted as 'shadows' though. It was kind of hinting that with the Fake Van from Zackard's Trial talking with the demon lord shadow, maybe.
Or maybe he can create shadow clones of people he has equipped? Seems unlikely, though.

It also seems Vandalieu finally obtained the normal way to make undead in Lambda, i.e. lifeless animated corpses.
Granted it's entirely pointless for Van and it immediately integrated into his death magic skill.
Old 2017-11-07, 22:57   Link #799
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
It also seems Vandalieu finally obtained the normal way to make undead in Lambda, i.e. lifeless animated corpses.
Granted it's entirely pointless for Van and it immediately integrated into his death magic skill.
Was it even the death magic skill? 冥王術 was the skill he got from integrating his new skills. 冥王魔術 was the magic. So either the author made a mistake or the new skill was meant to be the skill version of the spells.

Old 2017-11-07, 23:06   Link #800
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine Breaker View Post
Was it even the death magic skill? 冥王術 was the skill he got from integrating his new skills. 冥王魔術 was the magic. So either the author made a mistake or the new skill was meant to be the skill version of the spells.
It's a typo. If you look at the previous style, he gains the new skill, THEN other skills integrate into it.
Like: 『【装植術】スキルを獲得しました!』
『【農業】スキルが【装植術】に統合されました!』
Or: 『【ゴーレム錬成】スキルが【ゴーレム創成】スキルに変化しました!』
『【大工】、【土木】、【鍛冶】スキルが【ゴーレム創成】スキルに統合されました!』

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist