Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-19, 13:25   Link #7981
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
We have 10 right now.
That number will probably go up once off season hits. I am looking at the draft lists, it is very incredible that this draft is high in depth in DT, OG, and DE. All positions that we need. Possibly, WR could be another excellent choice as well if our developing WR are not progressing to the point of what we like. Also OLB is also a need as well.

Unfortunately, the SS, FS, and C are not heavy in this draft. We may need to hunt in free agency.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-19 at 13:39.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 13:39   Link #7982
GDB

I really hope the Ravens do well enough that they can take that Center who's projected to be a late first, early second rounder. Ozzie doesn't like to reach, but if it's close enough he may be willing to, and we desperately need a really good Center.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 17:28   Link #7983
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I really hope the Ravens do well enough that they can take that Center who's projected to be a late first, early second rounder. Ozzie doesn't like to reach, but if it's close enough he may be willing to, and we desperately need a really good Center.
It wouldn't be a stretch to draft a Center in the middle of the first round. I believe you are referring to Travis Swanson from Arkansas correct? However, it is a big risk to draft a Center in the first round. Centers also seems to fall into those unspoken draft rules like you are not suppose to draft a kicker or punter in before the 5th round. As the previous first round centers between pan out or live up to their potential to be called a first round prospect, look at the Pouncey brothers.

Most mock drafts actually listed the Ravens taking Mike Evans of Texas A&M. The Ravens are in the unfortunate position where they can only draft to replace their players because their cap space for next year is $16,642,221. They will use that $16,642,221 to resign players and sign draft picks. If they had maybe 5 more million, they could have gone after Alex Mack.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-19 at 17:50.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:31   Link #7984
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, I am not really that excited about any of the mid to late first round defensive players, which the Steelers really need to shore up their aging secondary

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 22:32   Link #7985
GDB

By "shore up", you mean almost completely replace, right?
Old 2013-12-20, 02:04   Link #7986
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

From talking around to some guys on another forum, I wouldn't be surprised if we take AJ McCarron, if we can't get Teddy, in the third round (if he's still there).
Old 2013-12-20, 10:33   Link #7987
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
From talking around to some guys on another forum, I wouldn't be surprised if we take AJ McCarron, if we can't get Teddy, in the third round (if he's still there).
Wouldn't be surprise either if we did. Bridgewater, Bortles, Manziel, and Carr are what teams are hunting for. After that, all other Quarterbacks will be drafted lower since he teams that need them have already selected and the teams who still do will take their chances in 2015. Despite the label of Team Manager, McCarron is a good prospect and he is already playing in a pro system, he played against top teams with very good defense. I like him.

Bowl games are coming soon, the draft boards are going to change drastically afterwards.

Update: Derek Carr's draft stock will plummet after the Bowl game.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-21 at 19:46.
Old 2013-12-22, 01:33   Link #7988
Samari
World's Greatest

Almost the end of the season, and almost time to say good bye to Candlestick Park forever via a Monday Night showdown against the Atlanta Falcons in a rematch against last year's NFC Championship game.

Spoiler for Immortal Memories.:

As for the game itself, I don't expect much from the Falcons at all. We should own these guys all four quarters. The atmosphere is going to be electric, all the greats will be on hand, and we're just a better football team plain and simple. I say we smoke our old NFC West rivals 40 - 14. GO NINERS.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 02:52   Link #7989
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Update: Derek Carr's draft stock will plummet after the Bowl game.
No kidding. My USC Trojans owned Derek Carr and Fresno State.
WR Marqise Lee on the other hand had a great game. His draft stock should increase.
Old 2013-12-22, 13:37   Link #7990
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
No kidding. My USC Trojans owned Derek Carr and Fresno State.
WR Marqise Lee on the other hand had a great game. His draft stock should increase.
I think he'll still be a first rounder but he won't be drafted as high as everyone originally thought he would.
Old 2013-12-22, 18:39   Link #7991
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I think he'll still be a first rounder but he won't be drafted as high as everyone originally thought he would.
I think Marquis Lee will stay and really put the Trojans in hunt for a National Title. He wants to be in that moment.

Back to the NFL

in a scale through 1-10 how far Carolina to win the SuperBowl

http://pnth.rs/1a2fPbT
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-22, 19:53   Link #7992
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Texans are confirmed to be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. The rest of the draft order seems normal after this week.

Here I thought that Suzuku would be dropping a nuke in the latest Jaguars' game. Poor way to send Meester off to retirement.
Old 2013-12-22, 20:14   Link #7993
Samari
World's Greatest

Arizona beat Seattle. If we win tomorrow at home against Atlanta as we should, the NFC West crown will be on the line next week. I don't think the Rams will win against the Seahawks and Seattle will lose another home game, but I've seen stranger things happen. It would be great if we could get a first round bye again after it seemed so far out of reach.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-12-22, 22:35   Link #7994
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Well, this week just set up thrillers all around next week.

Winner of Chicago and Green Bay next week gets the sole spot from the NFC North

Winner of Philadelphia and Dallas next week gets the sole spot from the NFC East.

Carolina guaranteed a playoff spot (Grats Dilla!!!) and suddenly New Orleans are in danger of not even making it. Will wing stay hidden for a 2nd week?

Arizona pull off the somewhat unexpected win (I honestly had a feeling they could do it) and stay in the race to make the playoffs. Samari, your thoughts on having to face them next week? I doubt anyone wants to verse Arizona right now, but your team is probably one of very few that could beat them.

AFC-wise, 5 playoff spots secured, only the 6th seed left. Miami, Baltimore and San Diego in the better chances for in, Pittsburgh with a slim hope. Miami have the 'supposedly' more winnable game since they verse the Jets. However....with Rex Ryan publically stating he thinks he is gone once this season is over, those Jets were fired up against Cleveland today. If they were to rally and take out Miami as a parting gift for Rex, it wouldn't surprise me. Also because Miami got shut out by Buffalo...Baltimore have to go through Cincinatti to qualify, San Diego have to get past Kansas City to make it.

And NBC confirmed two things that pleased me:

1. Week 17s Sunday night game has been changed to Philadelphia vs Dallas. Heck of a way to finish the final round of the regular season.

2. Detroit are OUT! Say what you will about Dallas or certain other teams and their ability to throw, but Detroit takes the cake this year. How many winnable games have they thrown away, particularly to teams below them? Schwartz may be the next coach to be sent out the door.
Old 2013-12-22, 22:55   Link #7995
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Yeah, I think so too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
I think Marquis Lee will stay and really put the Trojans in hunt for a National Title. He wants to be in that moment.
As much as I would like that, I do believe he will leave for the NFL this year.
Old 2013-12-22, 23:24   Link #7996
GDB

Okay 49ers, I need your defense to be stifling, preferably get a pick 6, and shut down Tony Gonzalez. Otherwise I lose my fantasy championships.
Old 2013-12-22, 23:29   Link #7997
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
2. Detroit are OUT! Say what you will about Dallas or certain other teams and their ability to throw, but Detroit takes the cake this year. How many winnable games have they thrown away, particularly to teams below them? Schwartz may be the next coach to be sent out the door.
I feel bad for Calvin Johnson though, he deserves a chance at the Superbowl.
Old 2013-12-22, 23:31   Link #7998
Samari
World's Greatest

Chicago got knocked the F out. The entire NFC North is a joke. It's like they're rolling out the red carpet for the Packers to win it. The Detroit Lions embarrassed themselves when they had the division in their hand weeks ago. Schwartz will probably be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Okay 49ers, I need your defense to be stifling, preferably get a pick 6, and shut down Tony Gonzalez. Otherwise I lose my fantasy championships.
Tomorrow night will be a special night. The 49ers will be pumped up for the last game at Candlestick. If we lose that game we don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2013-12-23, 01:19   Link #7999
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Texans are confirmed to be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. The rest of the draft order seems normal after this week.

Here I thought that Suzuku would be dropping a nuke in the latest Jaguars' game. Poor way to send Meester off to retirement.
I expect it from Henne now. Not even mad because it kept us above Oakland in the draft standings. I like the pass they threw to Meester, lol, that was great.

Updated draft order:

http://stevielovesthejaguars.com/draftorder/

I can really still see us landing Bridgewater. There's a very possible, even likely, scenario where the Texans sign Jay Cutler in the offseason and draft Jadeveon Clowney instead of a QB with the first pick, the Rams draft Jake Matthews, which is even more likely now after Jake Long tore his ACL today, and then we get our pick of any QB off the board, likely Teddy.

The reason I say the Texans will sign Cutler (or maybe even trade for Kirk Cousins) is because they want to contend immediately next year. I don't think they want to hand the reigns of the offense over to a rookie QB to learn on the fly when they feel there is enough talent on the roster to be SB contenders immediately. They'd preferably want a QB who already has experience playing in the NFL. Rumors already started popping up last week that they're interested in going after Cutler in the offseason.
Old 2013-12-23, 01:23   Link #8000
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Who else thinks this might be Patriot's year? They are pretty much average in every stats so obviously they are winning the Superbowl, right?

And how sweet will it be if Steelers somehow make the playoff at Raven's expense?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports