AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-27, 23:26   Link #7981
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Despite the Zerg having been in this thread since the beginning, I think this is the first time we've seen them in action. And the Trio does not dissapoint in delivering the epic stylish smackdown!
Hehhh~

So that's what he meant when he said that "The Zergs are back..."

When were they used before?

Quote:
Damn, had an idea on the Dimensional Lockbox sometime ago, beat me to writing it though

Another specialty of the Destroyers, they play around alot with dimensional distortion. There's a limit of course, depending on their skill level.

Quote:
Also, nice rhyme
It's not a exactly a Destroyer's tradition, but Jeno has a habit of casting a field magic to play rock music whenever he's on a rampage

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-08-27 at 23:36.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:36   Link #7982
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Saint X:

Psh. That cannon is normal compared to the might that is...

THIS!

Spoiler for Zero:

And I also picked up on a possible upgrade for Sein...

Spoiler for Idea::

Octocamo, anyone?

*Flees.*
Old 2007-08-27, 23:40   Link #7983
AImost Pure
Cat Boy Mage Squad

Send a message via AIM to AImost Pure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Did I just read that Celesti intends to remove Hayate's Yaten no Sho? That's a hell load of confidence! But then again, it was refered to as his and he, so probably not. But I know of no male Admirals other than Chrono...

The plot thickens! Now this is what I call a mole, not some measly wind bag that has somehow blocked/restricted the amount of force on the capital planet of the free world! The latter doesn't make sense!

Nonono, she plans to remove the admiral from her facility. And no, she just wanted information on Hayate, nothing to do with taking her device or anything from her.

As for the last part, it's all in reference to Constance and Malakai since they're internal affairs.
Old 2007-08-27, 23:49   Link #7984
Aaron008R

Whew.
Looks like backlog'll be waiting for me after the upcopming Final Exam.

Just some short comments:

@Estavali: Welcome! Though I'm not as confident as others in improving the storyline. Looking forward to your OC.

@Wibbles: Input in a few more hours. One more exam to go and I'm home free.

@Key Board: I like the concept so far. Keep it up.

@Kha: Kha is a preacher, yet easily succumbs to the charms of the Aces? (Not that you can blame him. That Harem-hug Breaker scenario got out of hand like the Scare tactic scenario. Lots of males will be mowing down Kha due to jealousy.)

@LoweGear: Finally, welcome back. I'd like to talk about those scenarios about S&W setting Aurion up with a girl. I'm planning on the female to be an assassin tasked to kill Aurion. Lotsa Rush Hour style running involved.

@Dream_Traveller: Dark V is doing quite well. Though it's quite surprising that he can block Trident Smasher and Excelion Buster with little effort.

@Chaos: The scenario is APPROVED! That's what you call extermination with lotsa style! The music is a major plus.

More later...

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-08-28 at 04:28.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:29   Link #7985
Key Board
Carbon

[msg deleted]

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-08-29 at 10:46.
Old 2007-08-28, 00:39   Link #7986
haiz123321
Obey me world!

@Dream_traveller: OMG DUDE U STOLE ARCHER'S SWORDS XD

and is 18 out in subs yet?

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
Old 2007-08-28, 01:16   Link #7987
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Aaron: I quoted it once, and I'll quote it again, from the WH40K codex: Clerics "can only not feel irrational anger, hate and bitterness". So attraction wise... Kha can feel it, but like the other Clerics he doesn't chase skirts because each feels its appropiate to over-indulge in such worldly pleasures.

And that the more you chase, the worse things get... ^_^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hehhh~

They were mentioned in Kha's profile, along with several other aliens from Macross, Mospesda, Robotech, Starcraft and Tiberium Wars. He's a daemonjaeger after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And if I wanted to do ultimate h4xx, I would more than gladly give Cinque these:

Spoiler for Size:

*Runs.*

She can still use her IS perfectly well with newer, more potent weapons- said weapons also allow her to have more of an edge in close combat than with her knives. A good increase of her abilities all round. I might make a slight update to Rumble Detonator, too, though I think it's good as it is.

And a possible upgrade for Dieci...

Spoiler for Size again:

*Runs again.*
Ah yes, the dual blades of Sophia's Dauer...

And who ripped the Hyper Mega Particle Launcher off of the Dendrobium?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
That cannon is...

Random Logos: Level 2 Reaction!!!
What? You wanted to use the Denbrobium gun?

Quote:
Spoiler for Zero:

And I also picked up on a possible upgrade for Sein...

Spoiler for Idea::

Octocamo, anyone?

*Flees.*
1. And thus Kha Azanable -Kluize Shift- appears in the thread...

2. Not too farfetched, but Quattro already has that function. Silver Curtain can create illusions and hide the target, so no need for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Key Chronicles

Scene 0: click

Scene 1: Twilight and Dawn

this scene might give you further detail hints of the timeline, for those of you who luuuv~ a grand unified timeline theory

Spoiler:
Hmm... This is definitely still during the reign of Seiou-sama...

But at Ford. IT'S HUGE!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
@Dream_traveller: OMG DUDE U STOLE ARCHER'S SWORDS XD
Sophia's Dauer are falchions too, since they were inspired by Archer. But for Dauer, they resemble Laevantine since the cartridge loader was modelled after Laevantine's.

Last edited by Kha; 2007-08-28 at 01:39.
Old 2007-08-28, 02:09   Link #7988
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
@Lowe Welcome back! ...But clear your box dangit!
In my haste to get out (needed to go somewhere), forgot to clear the inbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
How about... DRILL KNUCKLES??

*runs*
DRILLS ARE A MAN'S ROMANCE!!!!

Quote:
[B]He prefers getting down on the ground. Besides, divine power can't be transmitted by psynet.

And yeah this entry will go into Codex: Daemonjaeger. For a preview, here's...

Erio's got a peek at it because he needed some info for his work...

But before you click on that, I must warn you, even at 80% completion, it's Bluecheesium power must not be estimated...
Having seen your Bluecheesium powers before, I wouldn't be surprised. But let's see how formidable this one is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Ehh, someone once told me that this place is the pit of madness (and Kha isn't really helping to alleviate that image ), and that I'd be safer staying away from here.

Now that I'm in, I should say that this pit looks a bit more bottomless than those of Hell .

Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how things are done here? If I'm to input my own characters here, am I supposed to keep to the OC fanon timeline, or can I create my own based on Nighty's official timeline? I have some already in mind that may or may not conform with the OC timeline Kha has provided.

(I humbly confess I have not yet undertake the daunting task of going through nearly 400 pages of supposed madness .)
Bottomless indeed We've existed for far shorter than the image thread, and yet we've reached the same amount of posts all under our own efforts and power

And as already said, you're not required to conform. It's more fun if you do, to try and integrate and interact, but around here, everything and anything goes

Quote:
@Erio: Ah, yes, Drill Knuckles.

Ginga obviously took a leaf out of Lagann's book...
Ivory took a page out of my Ginga Drill Breakers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
@Lowe:

Well, scimitars are a good guess. I was thinking more along the lines of falchions, though those aren't exactly a foot long...and, what the heck, they and scimitars are rather similar, only the scimitar has a thinner blade with more of a curve.

And if I wanted to do ultimate h4xx, I would more than gladly give Cinque these:

Spoiler for Size:

*Runs.*

She can still use her IS perfectly well with newer, more potent weapons- said weapons also allow her to have more of an edge in close combat than with her knives. A good increase of her abilities all round. I might make a slight update to Rumble Detonator, too, though I think it's good as it is.

Spoiler for Size again:

*Runs again.*
Archer's swords? Nice Would love to see Cinque use them

So Dieci's ripping off the Dendrobum Hyper Mega Cannon huh? I think the Zeta High Mega Launcher would've been a much smaller and better alternative

Quote:
Hehhh~

Kha and Keroko have referenced them a few times before, but never in any scenarios as far as I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen

Another specialty of the Destroyers, they play around alot with dimensional distortion. There's a limit of course, depending on their skill level.
You'd like the Necrons then (which your Destroyers more than resemble already... in fact, in one of my scenarios I referred to a Necron Lord as "Destroyer" )

Wanted to do a Dimensional Lockbox concept for my main OC Kay, to explain some of the things she does (she somehow never brings anything along with her )

Quote:
It's not a exactly a Destroyer's tradition, but Jeno has a habit of casting a field magic to play rock music whenever he's on a rampage
Lyrical Magic? We have a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
@LoweGear: Finally, welcome back. I'd like to talk about those scenarios about S&W setting Aurion up with a girl. I'm planning on the female to be an assassin tasked to kill Aurion. Lotsa Rush Hour style running involved.
Tito Lowe is back!

What do you have in mind specifically for the set-up scenario? And an assassin? Nice, should allow S&W to put their sniping skills and brains to the test

Quote:
Key Chronicles

this scene might give you further detail hints of the timeline, for those of you who luuuv~ a grand unified timeline theory

Spoiler:
At the forefront of the dawn of the development of magical devices? Nice

What exactly is Ford though? He's freaking huge!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-08-28, 03:21   Link #7989
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Kha and Keroko have referenced them a few times before, but never in any scenarios as far as I know.
I had to make a choice:

1) Zerg
2) Xenomorphs
3) Floods
4) Bugs (Starship Troopers)

Quote:
You'd like the Necrons then (which your Destroyers more than resemble already... in fact, in one of my scenarios I referred to a Necron Lord as "Destroyer" )
Lol... Where are the 'Necrons' from?

Quote:
Wanted to do a Dimensional Lockbox concept for my main OC Kay, to explain some of the things she does (she somehow never brings anything along with her )
I had that idea years ago when I watched one episode of "Rave"

(Yeah, long before Nanoha ever came)

Quote:
Lyrical Magic? We have a winner!
LOL!

Usually it's rock, very rarely they use rap
Old 2007-08-28, 03:54   Link #7990
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

I once had something similar from an anime pen-&-paper RPG, but it was only available to females. You could say this was one of their racial skills, since men have an overpowered GAR (Basic) racial buff.

Anyway, in that RP, females have:

Angry Female Strike - An instant attack made when enraged that grants +3 to attack roll. Ignores defence values of male targets and immediately hits for damage. Tsunderes, a unique racial class available only to females, have abilities that enhance this skill.

Hidden Female Pocket - A special interdimensional space to store items and gear. Its the reason why females can lug around bags and bags of items with only a tot bag. Tsunderes can equip a harisen-type weapon on top of another piece of equipment in the Hidden Female Pocket.

It was fun!

Now, to go really off topic:

Guys have these racial ability:

GAR (Basic) - A flaming soul that burns up as the battle rages on, powering the person up further and further. Many male classes use this basic skill to the max. Others, like Super Mecha Hero, have GAR (White Hot).

BUt now, I'm inclined to create GAR (Kamina), in memory of a great man...

I can't quite remember the other skills, apart from Super Mecha Familiarity, Advanced Gattai Proficiency and Mecha Piloting +5, which are more like racial skills that a Male Super Mecha Hero has...
Quote:
LOL!

Rock still counts. In fact, Kha's "YOU CAN'T STOP US!!!" Lyrical Magic Gattai "Pray" is considered rock...

More GL rips for GGGfied DSM... Help me...
Old 2007-08-28, 03:55   Link #7991
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I had to make a choice:

1) Zerg
2) Xenomorphs
3) Floods
4) Bugs (Starship Troopers)

Ooooh nice choices Yup, Zerg would be my preferred choice given these options

Quote:
Lol... Where are the 'Necrons' from?
Education time!

Necrons

They're from Warhammer 40000 (WH40K), and strangely enough, one of the main enemies in OC's Crosys Arc, basically the TSAB vs Necrons

Quote:

To be fair, someone's bound to use hammerspace here sooner or later

Quote:
LOL!

LOL Rap huh... hmmmm...

Anyways, "Lyrical Magic" came from this entry:

*cough* self-promotion *cough*

Rhythm Edge 1
Rhythm Edge 2

Quote:
I once had something similar from an anime pen-&-paper RPG, but it was only available to females. You could say this was one of their racial skills, since men have an overpowered GAR (Basic) racial buff.

Angry Female Strike - An instant attack made when enraged that grants +3 to attack roll. Ignores defence values of male targets and immediately hits for damage. Tsunderes, a unique racial class available only to females, have abilities that enhance this skill.

Hidden Female Pocket - A special interdimensional space to store items and gear. Its the reason why females can lug around bags and bags of items with only a tot bag. Tsunderes can equip a harisen-type weapon on top of another piece of equipment in the Hidden Female Pocket.

It was fun!

GAR (Basic) - A flaming soul that burns up as the battle rages on, powering the person up further and further. Many male classes use this basic skill to the max. Others, like Super Mecha Hero, have GAR (White Hot).

I can't quite remember the other skills, apart from Super Mecha Familiarity, Advanced Gattai Proficiency and Mecha Piloting +5, which are more like racial skills that a Male Super Mecha Hero has...
So that's where the Angry Female Strike came from And nice alternative name for Hammerspace

*salutes for Lord Kamina*

And GAR, (Guy Shishio) , for GREAT JUSTICE!!!!! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Rock still counts. In fact, Kha's "YOU CAN'T STOP US!!!" Lyrical Magic Gattai "Pray" is considered rock...

More GL rips for GGGfied DSM... Help me...
Yup, as long as it's music of any kind. Even a simple nursery rhyme can be made devastatingly effective in the hands of a Lyrical Magic user

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-08-28, 04:26   Link #7992
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Aaron: Well, the "good" V is on par with the Aces on his normal level, so he can block the attack sent at him. Shields of a matching rank of the attack do nullify said attack.

@Kha: Yup, the Dendrobium's cannon...perfect in my books. You know the old phrase, "The bigger the better!", right?

And...wait...this Wing Zero-inspired "Kluize Shift" has me wondering, good sir...namely wondering when he procures a magic buster blasts whoever he's facing.

About the Octocamo, Quattro's IS can hide the target, yes, but, as we all know, she isn't suited to stealth ops. If upgraded to something like that, Sein can perform her duty without Quattro having to be in the nearby vicinity, just saying.

And, to you and Lowe, I did take Kanshou and Bakuya, yes. But! I stated that Cinque would only use them if I wanted to be h4xx on several levels.

...Well, sometimes I am, but you get the point. It would indeed be interesting, though, to see Cinque wielding them...yes...

C: "Our souls hard yet firm, our power tearing the mountains, our swords splitting the water-"

*Legs it.*

There is, however, a less h4xx choice for a weapon which, as luck might have it, is rarely used by its wielder. This:

Spoiler for Caladbolg II::

*Raises anti-h4xx shield expectantly.*

Wait...

Fate/stay Night...applied with something...adding something...

To the congregation, I present to you my belief of what Cinque might do you if you piss her off. Namely...

THIS!

Spoiler for Size::

Just replace ol' Gilgamesh with Cinque, imbue each of the weapons with explosive power...

*Raises anti-H4xx shield fearfully.*

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-08-28 at 04:57.
Old 2007-08-28, 04:30   Link #7993
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And, to you and Lowe, I did take Kanshou and Bakuya, yes. But! I stated that Cinque would only use them if I wanted to be h4xx on several levels.

...Well, sometimes I am, but you get the point. :heh It would indeed be interesting, though, to see Cinque wielding them...yes...

C: "Our souls hard yet firm, our power tearing the mountains, our swords splitting the water-"

*Legs it.*

There is, however, a less h4xx choice for a weapon which, as luck might have it, is rarely used by its wielder. This:

Wait...

To the congregation, I present to you my belief of what Cinque might do you if you piss her off. Namely...

THIS!

Just replace ol' Gilgamesh with Cinque, imbue each of the weapons with explosive power...

Kh- erh Kluize would be proud!!!!!

Although Cinque simply detonating such precious Noble Phantasms and weapons for a much larger bang is such a waste

Old 2007-08-28, 04:42   Link #7994
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for The Coach:

Ok done with the mentor of my OC.

EDIT: Removed the stacking spoilers
Coaching? Don't you mean training? Coaching makes it sound like we are talking about a soccer team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Ehh, someone once told me that this place is the pit of madness (and Kha isn't really helping to alleviate that image ), and that I'd be safer staying away from here.

Now that I'm in, I should say that this pit looks a bit more bottomless than those of Hell .

Btw, can anyone please enlighten me on how things are done here? If I'm to input my own characters here, am I supposed to keep to the OC fanon timeline, or can I create my own based on Nighty's official timeline? I have some already in mind that may or may not conform with the OC timeline Kha has provided.

(I humbly confess I have not yet undertake the daunting task of going through nearly 400 pages of supposed madness .)
Well, most of us interact with the main OC-thread fanon, but there are quite a few who make their own timelines. And we are usually more then ready to jump between timelines if we like what we see.

There are no real set rules you have to stick to. That's what made this thread so succesfull.

Quote:
Key Chronicles

Spoiler:
Urk... Image tags please, it would make this so much easier to read.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what I realized? When the Nanoha OC-thread has surpassed the Nanoha Image thread, the Nanoha OC-thread will not just be the largest thread on the Nanoha forums, it will be the largest thread on the entire Animesuki forums!

We need a kiriban for this! Something! Anything!
Old 2007-08-28, 04:57   Link #7995
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
Aaron? Are you there? If you are, I need your input for a moment.
I'm back now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AImost Pure View Post
After watching Episodes 14 and 15 (? I think) the Two parter I had a surge of inspiration to write a teaser for the next portion of Minea's Diaries. This is the prelude to what is going to occur over the next installments leading to the introduction of Division Six. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Minea's Diaries Spoiler:
She knows Scaglietti!
And lotsa revalations there. I wonder what does she plan to do with the yate no Sho's data...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
I happen to support a more martial ethos and bent, but I don’t think the living accommodations are the issue here. Lack of discipline, scatter brained doctrine and lack of clear purpose (are they bodyguards, commandos, detectives!? Make up your mind!), sometimes poor decision making, an abysmal lack of intelligence throughout large portions of the series, and a radically inadequate size for it’s intended mission seem like much bigger issues then the fact some of it’s officers have pretty big rooms. Portraying competency, to me at least, doesn’t really entail having them all sleep in little concrete cubes. Also being TOO competent can be a problem in a story. If the heroes are ultra competent and figure everything quickly, make all the right moves, and win overwhelmingly… well militarily that’s great, from a story perspective, it sucks.

Just like bad guys can't be TOO competent (or you know, they'd WIN) neither can the good guys because they'd win too fast. Me I accepted long ago that in fiction people on both sides are going to, from time to time, act kinda stupid for the sake of the plot and drama. I really don't mind that anymore, could I think of better things to have done? usually, but most of those tend to result in some huge story altering event. (For instance sure Tarkin should have sent out ALL, or at least enough of his fighters to utterly defeat the threat no matter how small the attacking force, but if he did all the heroes die under a mountain of TIEs and the rebels get blasted, end of saga, not exactly acceptable.)
I agree with most of the points here. You should have seen the episodes 17 to 22 threads. A number of people completely buried RF6 in a avalanche of accusations of military and tactical incompetency. While I do agree that an extent of realism is indeed mandatory, and that Ivory/Seven Arcs portrayed the protagonists in a not too favorable way in the military sense, one shouldn't go so far as to nitpick every single freakin minor detail (Please excuse my harshness. I'm exagerating it a bit much to release some... no, A LOT of stress.) about how the protagonists seem to be inadequate in REAL LIFE standards. Besides, this is a Mahou Shoujo anime.

But, as they say, freedom of speech in the net.

I'd rather nitpick about the character development and pacing, which I see is much more relevant to the story as a whole

Quote:
I wrote up two new scenes. Enjoy!

Spoiler for Aftermath:

Spoiler for Grim Reunion:
The more serious scenes, I see. They look good.

Quote:
And, presented here is a little conversion by between alternate V, the Numbers, and others. This is before the Bureau assault on the Cradle. I also plan to make one around the time the Numbers first show up, and a "Dark V" vs. Nanoha (!) scene in the future.

Spoiler for The Curtain Rises:

Uh...hm...

Now that I review this piece, I see quite a few flaws. I'm not exactly sure about the structure of it all, and I made up excuses for a few things (the new suit being an example- that is part of a proposed "upgrade scheme", but even then that's rather far-fetched...even though I like the new suit).

I also feel that this scene is somewhat random. The Numbers also have a lack of words. Cinque doesn't speak much, neither does Sette, but Tre's a more talkative one, albeit in serious terms. Sigourney is usually taciturn, but Theodore...he could've done with a few words.

All in all, though, I leave the fate of this piece in the hands of you, the readers. Give an honest opinion on this one.
My opinion, he does his job as the boss quite well.
Way to go with the interactions. Thuogh RF6 should already be screaming, "IMBA!IMBA! IMBA! IMBA!" due to their being overmatched.

Quote:
sketches for my story so far, which hereby will be known as the Key(board) Chronicles.. har har har...

h ttp://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1774/cp1ce3.gif

Spoiler:
Interesting. And...
Those two look like Brainiac.

Quote:
But in terms of skill level? Yeah, those aren't as easy as it seems

The thing I'm going for with Jeno's spell is that I want to make them versatile, so rather than have alot of flashy moves for different actions, I want one solid spell that could easily be used in a number of situations.

In terms of skill, Jeno is the best out of the three.
In terms of Magic potential, Cero has the highest.
In terms of Devices, Lance's is the most powerful.
Noted. At least you gave them some proper balancing.

Quote:
Spoiler for The Coach:

Ok done with the mentor of my OC.

EDIT: Removed the stacking spoilers
Heheh. Lancer as mentor. The idea is so weird it's cool!

Quote:
I updated Hikaru's profile:

Spoiler for Riot-1:
Better than the previous versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
What I’m getting at is from a military point of view a fair fight is a BAD fight, you want it as ludicrously lopsided as possible. You don’t fight at all unless it’s stacked in your favor or you’re back is to the wall, only losers make last stands after all. But from a story telling perspective… well curbstomps might be the ideal of military planning and tactics, but they aren’t exactly fun to read about. Go read about some world war two tank battle it’ll have swirling masses of tanks, almost evenly matched, with the potential for the contest to swing either way based on skill, minor variations in equipment, tactics, or even luck.

Now read about the Gulf War where a few US Cavalry troops rolled into several brigade sized enemy tank unit and kills almost ALL of them, for the loss of like 1 IFV and 1 soldier… The later is massively preferable from a military and tactical perspective, but it’s not exactly exciting to write about one side basiclly sitting in place plinking the enemy from beyond the range their opponents can even SEE them, never mind fight back and winning in a basiclly inventible landslide. So their in lies the problem, from a military perspective lopsided curb stomps and overwhelming force are good, from a story telling and drama perspective their boooring

Plus as an added downer all the damn rules and regs and etiquette you need to follow lest you be booted out make for some pretty bland interaction and situations Yes Sir, No Sir, Right away Sir. Even allot of people in the military role their eyes at some of the more shit they hand down. (One guy on another board over in Iraq was talking about how the assholes in charge of his base was trying to get carbonated beverages banned, because some idiot drank too much coke and not enough water and passed out.)

So that’s my issue with trying to apply heavy amounts of real military thinking, strategy, and behavior to stories that are supposed to be fun. I’ve been writing a fic on and off (it’ll probably never be published) for like a year and I started out wanting to try and keep the military in it pretty realistic… then I started to realize that you know what? The real military is BORING for the most part, in fact the only parts of it that are exciting tends to involve units and people that are somewhat OUTSIDE the normal armed forces, like Special Forces and stuff.

I’d like to see a slightly higher emphasis placed on the fact they ARE in a military, but at the same time I don’t think it should be a huge aspect of the story nor should it be slammed over your head like them all having their heads shaved and yelling HOOOAH (!!!) all the time. I also think you need to realize that RF6 is way closer to say, Delta Force, then an line infantry division so some allowance HAS to be made for their status as what amounts to Special Forces which often includes relaxed rules with regards to rank, somewhat loser discipline, and a certain disregard for the rules set out for “normal” troops.

So it's a REAL fine line. Totally ignoring the fact they are technically in what amounts to an armed service isn't an option, but trying to delve too heavily into that aspect or make it a big deal is a great way to induce bordem. (Go read some Clancy's more techno thrillers, fairly accurate, but BOOOORING.) So you don’t want them to act like stooges, but having them plan everything in minute detail and only use established military protocols and strategies and stuff is going to get old fast. The show has a military aspect, but it’s still ultimately about magic girls flying around without airplanes and firing off magic spells, it isn't Band Of Brothers nor should it be IMO so I don't think we should get too caught up with the largely background military aspect and try to bring that to the fro or whine how it isn't like the "real" military, RF6 might be part of a military but it ain’t a military like any WE’VE ever known.
*nods head several times*
I almost wish that you were in the previous episode discussions.
As much as I try, I can't deliver my ideas about these matters the way you can.

Quote:
I guess everyone has their own catch phrase

Jeno: "Hehhh~ ?"
And I have a trademark regulatory attack against excessive HAXX.

Quote:
Well, scimitars are a good guess. I was thinking more along the lines of falchions, though those aren't exactly a foot long...and, what the heck, they and scimitars are rather similar, only the scimitar has a thinner blade with more of a curve.

Spoiler for Size:

*Runs.*

Spoiler for Size again:

*Runs again.*
Kanshou and Bakuya? Approved!

Dendrobium Cannon?!?!
I think the Hyper Mega Launcher of the zeta Gunam would be more fitting. Plus, it can be used as a beam bayonet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Just don't do the following: invoke the name of the yuri-hitora and bring in any of his bunnies here... WE HAVE PROTOSS WARSHIPS Watchng over this thread- all under my command
And excessive HAXX. Let's not forget that.

Quote:
Key Chronicles

Spoiler:
I like this style. It's like a slide show. And HOLY- Fords GIGANTIC!

Quote:
@Aaron: I quoted it once, and I'll quote it again, from the WH40K codex: Clerics "can only not feel irrational anger, hate and bitterness". So attraction wise... Kha can feel it, but like the other Clerics he doesn't chase skirts because each feels its appropiate to over-indulge in such worldly pleasures.

And that the more you chase, the worse things get... ^_^;
Don't worry, I understand. It's just that I used that as an opening to mentisn the Aces' Harem-Hug Breaker status. I assure you, several people will be screaming in frustration because of Kha's luck.

Quote:
Tito Lowe is back!

What do you have in mind specifically for the set-up scenario? And an assassin? Nice, should allow S&W to put their sniping skills and brains to the test
Tito! May pasalubong po kayo?

Ahem!

I was thinking of a scenario where S&W are bodyguards for Aurion. he's going undercover so he needs to avoid using magic. So he'll be doing some running ala-Rush Hour 3.

Quote:

It was fun!

*notes down*

Quote:
@Aaron: Well, the "good" V is on par with the Aces on his normal level, so he can block the attack sent at him. Shields of a matching rank of the attack do nullify said attack.
Okay...

Quote:

Wait...

THIS!

Caladbolg!
GATE OF BABYLON: RUMBLE DETONATOR SHIFT!!!

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2007-08-28 at 06:57.
Old 2007-08-28, 04:59   Link #7996
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Kha: Yup, the Dendrobium's cannon...perfect in my books. You know the old phrase, "The bigger the better!", right?

And...wait...this Wing Zero-inspired "Kluize Shift" has me wondering, good sir...namely wondering when he procures a magic buster blasts whoever he's facing.
I was joking about it... It's because Kha Aznable of the Twist's Fate timeline is a "sort of" older brother of the Numbers, packed full of equipment just because Scagletti wanted to see how far Kha could go, and Kha wanted to become stronger for more noble reasons. And in that timeline, Kha hi-jacked a top-secret TSAB Knight Armor that took the form of ***dam Wing Ver.Ka. Now that armor was incomplete, but when completed... Let's just say it has 2 Nuclear Barrels instead of one...

Quote:

No need; in CrosyS, and many other scenarios, shooting Caladbolg II is Sophia's standard Weapon Summon because its so cheap. Uses Falchions too. She's a Archer Weapon Summoner after all.

Quote:
Wait...

THIS!

Hmm... Where is that image...? I had it somewhere... The one of Kluize and all the Devices being flung out... Anyone seen it? It supposed to be in this thread or the image thread somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You know what I realized? When the Nanoha OC-thread has surpassed the Nanoha Image thread, the Nanoha OC-thread will not just be the largest thread on the Nanoha forums, it will be the largest thread on the entire Animesuki forums!

How about...

the official release of

CODEX: DAEMONJAEGER

Old 2007-08-28, 05:03   Link #7997
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post

Even more reason for us to surpass the image thread quickly!!!

And we're nearing 8000 in only a few posts!!!

Old 2007-08-28, 05:08   Link #7998
Dream_Traveller
Banned

@Aaron:

Don't you know? Being outnumbered is a key factor for the eventual amounts of ownage the allies will deliver! It is what all protagonists strive for!

Well, what with the Numbers being upgraded, and the Doctor having an Ace-level combatant on his side, that's a problem, yes. But I'll find ways to even out the equation.

Another Dendrobium Cannon, hm? Well, as said, "The bigger the better". I can only imagine what destructive power Dieci would have if she was upgraded have a cannon of that standard... Just be thankful it isn't the god-like Wing Zero cannon. Now that is a monster.

Heh, the Gate of Babylon works well when applied to Cinque, does it not? As for Caladbolg...I have no idea what I might use its design for. Further weapons in her arsenal?

And speaking of Gilgamesh, I can somehow picture Nove snapping and doing this:

Spoiler:

Nove: ENUMA ELISH!!

Right, I gotta stop this now.

And, to Lowe, it matters not- the bigger the bang, the swifter the job, right? There's uncountable amounts of weapons in the Vault last time I checked on Gate of Babylon...
Old 2007-08-28, 05:19   Link #7999
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I
Tito! May pasalubong po kayo?

Ahem!

I was thinking of a scenario where S&W are bodyguards for Aurion. he's going undercover so he needs to avoid using magic. So he'll be doing some running ala-Rush Hour 3.
Wala, kuripot ako eh

Bodyguards huh? So S&W would be running along with Aurion then. How long's this mission's gonna last... but first, what is the mission anyway?

I'm gonna love this

Quote:
How about...

the official release of

CODEX: DAEMONJAEGER

Your draft is already a formidable exercise of EPICSIUM OUTBREAK

Quote:

Spoiler:

And, to Lowe, it matters not- the bigger the bang, the swifter the job, right? There's uncountable amounts of weapons in the Vault last time I checked on Gate of Babylon...
Image Does Not Compute

I can imagine Nove doing Bloody Road imitations, but not that

Still a waste though... better just stick to Metal Dust Airburst bombs for the big bang

Old 2007-08-28, 05:19   Link #8000
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
@Aaron:

Don't you know? Being outnumbered is a key factor for the eventual amounts of ownage the allies will deliver! It is what all protagonists strive for!

Well, what with the Numbers being upgraded, and the Doctor having an Ace-level combatant on his side, that's a problem, yes. But I'll find ways to even out the equation.

Another Dendrobium Cannon, hm? Well, as said, "The bigger the better". I can only imagine what destructive power Dieci would have if she was upgraded have a cannon of that standard... Just be thankful it isn't the god-like Wing Zero cannon. Now that is a monster.

Heh, the Gate of Babylon works well when applied to Cinque, does it not? As for Caladbolg...I have no idea what I might use its design for. Further weapons in her arsenal?

Spoiler:

DOES NOT COMPUTE!!! Nove doesn't use flail chain thingys!

I'm so glad Cindy never learnt Unlimited Imperium Vault. All of Kluize's hard work would've gone down the drain really fast, if she comes close to those epic blades.

EDIT: WOOT 8K POST!!!