Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-11-26, 00:30   Link #8061
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Memento Mori better not be a space fortress of some kind. That's the only thing I'm adamant about for the ending of this series, no more goddamn space fortress' for final bosses. Please.....
That endgame Gundam has to be stashed somewhere, and with like 90% of all G-finals taking place in the stars, you gotta have office space somewhere...Personally I don't care being a Gundam Traditionalist, but perhaps we could go without a cone-shaped tip or something on an asteroid this time...Make it a real damn hanger...
Old 2008-11-26, 06:13   Link #8062
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Memento Mori better not be a space fortress of some kind. That's the only thing I'm adamant about for the ending of this series, no more goddamn space fortress' for final bosses. Please.....
Well the Memento Mori will appear half way into the series, and i just can't see them using it as the final boss if it's going to appear then. It may play a part in the final, though not in the spotlight.
Old 2008-11-26, 09:06   Link #8063
Halibel-sama
Tres Espada

Ribbons and his GN v will be the endgame boss.
Halibel-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 10:09   Link #8064
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibel-sama View Post
Ribbons and his GN v will be the endgame boss.
AU traditions dictate that the final boss will be a Gundam (except in Turn-A's case, though it's really kind of dubious if the Turn-X was a Gundam or not), and I doubt that 00 will break that tradition
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 11:04   Link #8065
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
AU traditions dictate that the final boss will be a Gundam (except in Turn-A's case, though it's really kind of dubious if the Turn-X was a Gundam or not), and I doubt that 00 will break that tradition
You gotta remember that Gundam 00 has been the AU series that twists typical AU conventions around on its head. The final "bosses" of S1 wasn't even against a Gundam, but a GM-lookalike and a custom modded Flag

I have no trouble believing that the final boss here will be a non-Gundam, though of equal or superior power.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:19   Link #8066
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Have to take into account that Gundam 00 is a mecha show made by a guy most famous for making Fullmetal Alchemist. You really can't expect things to be the same.

I'm just wondering if MSG00 will have a bloody ending like most Gundam shows.
Old 2008-11-26, 14:46   Link #8067
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Have to take into account that Gundam 00 is a mecha show made by a guy most famous for making Fullmetal Alchemist. You really can't expect things to be the same.

I'm just wondering if MSG00 will have a bloody ending like most Gundam shows.
I desperately hope so. Gundam 00 is a bit more political than other anime shown lately, and if they give an impression that terrorism and illegal activities pays off and you can get away with it, that is just bad.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:48   Link #8068
NyxOne

I think "Most Gundam shows directed by Tomino" should really have been what was said.
NyxOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 14:50   Link #8069
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyxOne View Post
I think "Most Gundam shows directed by Tomino" should really have been what was said.
Normally I'd have said that, but from what I've seen some other Gundam shows have been bloody in the end, such as Gundam SEED.
Old 2008-11-26, 15:28   Link #8070
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Just say "every Gundam show directed by Tomino apart from Turn A Gundam".
Old 2008-11-27, 02:11   Link #8071
killbethy

Is it just me or does it almost seem like they are setting up for three seasons? The first season was the first stage of Aeolia's plan (according to Regene), so far the second season is also the second stage of the plan.... I wonder if they will carry it through and show the third or just allude to it.

The Wang Liu Mei hate seems a little over-exaggerated.... almost every main character in the series (spare Saji so far) is aiming to "change the world." In Wang's eyes, either CB will change it or the Innovators, so she is looking at a win-win for her... it's always been kind of a common fact that she doesn't care how the world is changed just as long as it changes. I have a feeling she will have to pick a side before long or be killed... it would be pretty ironic for the one character who wants to see the world change (probably for selfish reasons, i wonder if they will ever explain why she hates everything so much) the most not live to see it.

Although I doubt any Gundam Meisters are going to bite the dust mid-season... the fact that both Marie/Soma and Alllelujah (well not currently that we know if) can utilize quantum brain waves, which is what Regene and Ribbons say is necessary to interface with Veda (not to mention the nano-machines within the body needed for space), makes me wonder if somehow either Marie or Allelujah will be able to adapt and interface with Veda. That could be a death flag for Tieria.
killbethy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 06:01   Link #8072
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killbethy View Post
Is it just me or does it almost seem like they are setting up for three seasons? The first season was the first stage of Aeolia's plan (according to Regene), so far the second season is also the second stage of the plan.... I wonder if they will carry it through and show the third or just allude to it.
Can't see a third series happening. It'll end after this --- unless they plan an OVA or movie.
Old 2008-11-27, 06:05   Link #8073
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

However, at the rate they are going, with a handful of characters yet to develop. I can see an S3 coming, but I'll not place my bets yet.
Old 2008-11-27, 06:07   Link #8074
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
However, at the rate they are going, with a handful of characters yet to develop. I can see an S3 coming, but I'll not place my bets yet.
There's still plenty of time to develop the characters that need it. Plenty of time --- most of them are already about half way into their development.
Old 2008-11-27, 07:24   Link #8075
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
And...Nena will get torn apart by Ali. Simple as that.

IF it is, My life could be the bullsh*t. I mean i will be losing my patience even more to see a 'AVENGE Someone else' or something like that.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 10:56   Link #8076
NyxOne

Er...well, seeing as the Meisters don't (didn't) care about the Trinitys after their mostly-demise, and that Wang is just using her and Hong Long...is Hong Long, I don't see who would 'avenge' her.

And, really, honestly, jafri, what the crap do you expect? Ali effortlessly killed Nena's brothers, and almost killed her as well weren't it for Setsuna's very timely interruption. All Nena has going for her is the size of her apparently new Gundam, Riian, since that shuttle of hers is seemingly a part of it. But, then again, size hardly matters when you're up against one of the best (if not THE best) pilots in the entire series.
Old 2008-11-27, 11:59   Link #8077
seravee
Missing Wonderful Tieria

it will be disappointing if nena is the one to kill prince ali. she surely wants to shoot him for killing her brothers but still, it will be just plain boring.

nena herself is boring and annoying and i dont know why they bothered to keep her.

if sunrise really allows her to kill ali then louise or saji must kill of nena for destroying both of their lives.
seravee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 12:01   Link #8078
NyxOne

She's the sole person that can counter the Innovators. If that's not a good reason to keep her around, I don't know what is.
Old 2008-11-27, 12:05   Link #8079
seravee
Missing Wonderful Tieria

theres tieria to counter innovators...
seravee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-27, 12:07   Link #8080
NyxOne

Er...he can't access Veda any more, so he can't. Nena, however, has quantum brainwaves, and with Soma being Marie and Al not having Hal, she's the only one who can use them properly.

Tags
spoilers