AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-05-11, 21:16   Link #8141
phantom_2040

Hello everyone, I'm new here too, I'm like anime such as Code Geass, Captain Tsubasa, Soul Hunter, Initial D, DBZ, etc.
Glad to be here
phantom_2040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-11, 22:00   Link #8142
wayspooled

Greetings

I just wandered in, searching for a discussion of Adachi Mitsuru and his Cross Game anime. Longtime fan of manga and anime and particularly his and Rumiko Takahashi's and a lot of older stuff, back to KOR, Gundam, Ashita no Joe and Love Hina and such. And plenty of stuff since too heh..
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 04:27   Link #8143
Raa
Sceptic

Hello
Just giving up on lurking and here I am.

Also let me thank all fansub groups. People you are great! Keep up good work. <3
*/\ it's my speech for Oscar or whatever other ceremony*
Raa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 07:56   Link #8144
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I'm so used to forums having a welcome board, completely missed this topic.

Anyway, hello Animesuki people. As You can see, my username is Emerald Emblem, feel free to shorten that name to however you see fit.

About me, Anime fan since about 2005 When I learned of online animes that don't get dubbed, surprised me how many there were. I'm 19 Years of age so that'd make me an anime fan since I was 15. Though I'm going to be 20 by October 11th. Currently a college Student here in England in my final year, taking a course in Interactive media. Currently working on a demo for my final major project for a Visual Novel, I'm not what you'd call great at the anime/Manga style but I'm sure I'll improve.

So I'm also as you might expect I'm also an old school gamer since 1993, currently in posession of the Wii and an Xbox 360, (PS3 aswell sometime soon I hope)

So Yeah, my all time favorite anime is Kanon 2006 edition by Kyoani which has made some of my favorite animes like Haruhi and Clannad.

I've been aware of anime since I think Pokemon when I was 5, Cardcaptor Sakura soon followed.

This season of anime I am Currently watching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Dragonball Kai, Saki, K-ON!, Tears of Tiara, Tayutama -Kiss on my Diety and Basquash. I also watch the long running series Beach and One Piece and still airing Higurashi Rei.

I do also read Manga, but not much available at my local Waterstnes right now.

Alright I think that should be plenty of information about me. So I hope I have managed to intergrate somewhat into the Animesuki community. also to those who have already repped me positively I appreciate it. ;3

EDIT: One more thing since people get confused by my avatar choices...I'm 100%(?) male. xD

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 12:06   Link #8145
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Hello all! Im a long time visitor to the site but only been lurking the forums for a few days. In all honesty I didn’t even know there was a forum for the longest time, I just stumbled on it one day while exploring the site.

I guess I’ll tell you a little about my tastes in anime. I'm not that picky and I like a pretty broad range of series from darker more violent stuff like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni or Black Lagoon to lighter silly stuff like Azumanga Daioh or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. I’m also a sucker for a good romance. I’m a big manga reader/collector as well and my broad taste doesn’t help my wallet here either when I can go from reading something like Berserk to something like Yotsuba&!

As for other stuff I also collect western comics, movies and tv shows. Im also into video games and have a decent collection. I've been playing since the Atari 2600, yeah I feel old. I enjoy singing, writing fiction and drawing. I don’t draw nearly as much as I used to, I mostly write now. I keep track of my ideas in a sort of “Idea Journal”.

I also post on ANN but I was looking for a forum that's a little more active so I figured I would check you guys out!
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 15:13   Link #8146
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Hello new ones,
please be carefully of the forum rules and you will get along splendidly.
Old 2009-05-13, 04:30   Link #8147
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
EDIT: One more thing since people get confused by my avatar choices...I'm 100%(?) male. xD
Nothing to worry about around here. A good chunk of us always uses avatars and sigs with female characters in them.
Old 2009-05-13, 10:06   Link #8148
TParis
just got Anime addicted

Send a message via ICQ to TParis Send a message via MSN to TParis
Hey everybody!

My real name is Jan and I'm coming from germany. Started watching anime with the old Tsubasa series at the age of 9/10 (as far as I can remember) and visited this site by accident.

Today, I'm a big fan of "Slayers" and "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu" (recently found that peice of brilliant work, have only seen the German dub so far) and I'm looking out for more, feel free to make recommendations...

Hope we have a good time in the forums!
TParis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 13:24   Link #8149
rolito

Im a newbie here, Glad im here...
rolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:14   Link #8150
Moonkei
Zzz

Heya new guy here, I've been on a anime craze the last few weeks so I figured it'd be good to check out a forum.
Moonkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 16:14   Link #8151
Cyanide
d e a d l y;

Yo, I'm 'Cyanide', and I'm new.. I also feel a bit lame because I joined yesterday, yet just now found this thread. I was under the impression that this place had no Welcome section, at first. xD; Guess that's what I get for not exploring more.

Anyway, I've been into anime/manga since I was about 9 or 10, which means that it's already taken up about half my life. I have no shame in that.. I've had fun times thanks to it. My current favorite series is Code Geass, so it's getting most of my attention right now. I'm also keeping up with FMA: Brotherhood, and it's pretty cool so far, as well. There are hundreds of series that I like, so I'm certainly not listing them all.. You could always drop me a profile VM if you're curious enough. I won't bit. At least not very hard.

Lets see..

Oh right, I'm into voice acting, and hope to get into it professionally. I've also been to a few anime cons, and I've joined so many manga/anime/videogame forums that I've lost track of them all. However, I'm hoping to make this place one of the main forums that I visit.

Despite what it may seem like, Anime doesn't take up my entire life, and I don't watch it every day, or even every week.. but it is my favorite hobby. With that said, I'm hoping to carry on some good discussions here.
Cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 21:31   Link #8152
Kudryavka

Hello, nice to join the Animesuki forum I've heard so much about all this time.
And do you have to do something special to get your signature to show?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 04:05   Link #8153
PinkMed

Hello, new girl here ^^
I am watching anime for the past 2 years and I really enjoy doing so

Nice to meet u all ^^
PinkMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 08:28   Link #8154
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Welcome to you all. Hope you have a good time here.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 15:57   Link #8155
Duo Himura

Hey all. Not usually much of one for intro posts, but lately I've had the inexplicable desire to say "Look! I'm here now!" to a bunch of people I've never met. Which is to say I'm pretty bored.

I guess I've been into anime for about... 5 or so years now. I'm a product of the old Toonami era, but the show that made me care that the cartoons I was watching came from Japan was Rurouni Kenshin, for which it will always have a special place in my heart, flaws notwithstanding (though really, it holds up pretty well... more so the manga, but... *shrugs*).

I'm a bit of an omnivore in terms of anime--about the only major genre that I've never really gotten into is sports-based series, and I do enjoy Hikaru no Go, which... well, competition-based anyway. But yeah, otherwise I like everything from Hellsing to Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, and from Gurren Lagann to Rose of Versailles. As long as a show/comic knows what it wants to be and is able to pull it off well, I'm pretty cool with whatever it is that the show is trying to be. I draw the line at something like Akikan, which I do not even need to see to know is the most misogynistic show ever outside of hentai or the original Macross (kidding about Macross, of course... though it -is- pretty horrible sometimes).

I do have a tendency to gravitate towards mecha series because I dig giant robots like Megas, yo (I wish I'd been better versed in anime when that show was on--could have appreciated it SO much more). Although it's weird, because giant robots turn up in series where they were NOT AT ALL a draw for me, like Gankutsuou or Flag (or 20th Century Boys, but they're much more relevant there... even if they were very cool in Gankutsuou).

Outside of anime, my big interest is writing, which... does not take up as much of my time as it probably should if I ever want to be published <_< >_>. But yeah, I've totally got a novel that starts out with at least 3 or 4 big anime cliches and then tries desperately to be interesting enough to make you forget about it. And way more fanfics/other projects than can possibly be healthy for someone who works as slowly as I do. One or two of which are attempts at doing fan-parodies (ala Nescaflowne, This is Otakudom, etc.) because I frequently feel compelled to imitate anything I really love (also some things that seem like they could have been great but weren't, but the above fall into the former category).

On that note, if anyone here is an artist with a burning desire to draw a comic but no ideas (read: is willing to commit to a ridiculously lengthy project with a writer who can be a real perfectionist sometimes), um... yeah, drop me a line. I realize that's kind of a pathetic effort at finding an artist there, and there's very little reason for anyone with the kind of talent I'd like to agree but... at least I'm not rambling about how it's gonna be JUST LIKE DEATH NOTE or whatever, right? (Mind you, -I- really like the idea, I just don't have any delusions about selling it by -saying- that)

Anyway, pitiful begging aside, that's me in a nutshell. ...Okay, so it's a coconut or something of that size. Did I forget to mention that I'm a bit verbose?
Duo Himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 16:38   Link #8156
Vault Dweller
Let's fighting love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Himura View Post
Outside of anime, my big interest is writing, which... does not take up as much of my time as it probably should if I ever want to be published <_< >_>. But yeah, I've totally got a novel that starts out with at least 3 or 4 big anime cliches and then tries desperately to be interesting enough to make you forget about it. And way more fanfics/other projects than can possibly be healthy for someone who works as slowly as I do. One or two of which are attempts at doing fan-parodies (ala Nescaflowne, This is Otakudom, etc.) because I frequently feel compelled to imitate anything I really love (also some things that seem like they could have been great but weren't, but the above fall into the former category).
Heh, I know exactly what you mean, I don’t spend nearly enough time on my story either, I still want to get somewhere with it eventually. Also yeah it's hard to avoid cliches. In my case there were several fantasy cliches early on but having gone over what I've written over the years I've ironed much of the most glaring offenders out. Not to say all cliches are bad, some of them are fine to rely on if you can put your own twist on them. Anyways, welcome! I'm still pretty new myself but I like it here so far.
Vault Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 01:07   Link #8157
Brensen

Hello, I'm new here. Glad to meet you all
Brensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 10:30   Link #8158
KitsukamiCanine
Kitsukami Canine
*Author

Send a message via MSN to KitsukamiCanine
Kitsukami-kun! :3

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum and I hope to be staying a nice long time. -^^- I love anime of all sorts, but my main loves are Romance *dreamy sigh* and Action! *makes a gun with his hand, pointing it in various places while making a badly imitated shooting sound.* Anyway, if you wanna get to know me more, just send me a message, kay? ^^ I'm really friendly and like to talk alot... so... yeah. :3 Bye ni! ~<3
KitsukamiCanine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-15, 11:14   Link #8159
Code Geass
Princess of Geass

Welcome, newcomers. Make yourself at home here and enjoy the forum. Just don't get in trouble.
Code Geass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-16, 08:07   Link #8160
Haladflire65
*Artist

I've actually been here for a while, but I haven't introduced myself yet... I'm Haladflire65. I'm 14 years old, and I'm currently living in Tokyo, Japan. I speak English, Korean and a moderate amount of Japanese... I got into anime and manga when I arrived in Japan, about 10 months ago. I like action/fantasy stuff.

I'm still really young, it seems, compared to other members, so forgive me if I ever do/say anything dumb. It's pretty awesome to be able to discuss so much anime here; no one around me ever listens... *sighs*

Last edited by Haladflire65; 2011-10-29 at 19:02.
Haladflire65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
introduction, new members