AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-02, 07:27   Link #801
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
This series basically became some sort of weird experiment in which the director would do all sorts of stupid crap to avoid drawing as much as possible because staff was too damn lazy to want to draw from doing too many series at once. It seems the LN is more of step by step build up sort of thing. While the anime cuts all such things out in favor of a speed flow which would be a good thing if the animation actually was good to supplement that. I kept waiting for some good animation but until the end it was shit. It's obvious this studio didn't have much respect towards their sponsors for this show and fafnir.
in some respects i agree and disagree with both of those ideas.

i agree that both this and fafnir were unusual in how little they seemed to cover and that a lot of the stuff was missed.

Here's the problem and where i disagree.

Having Read Fafnirs LN the handling of Kili and the actual drama between Yuu and mitsuki werent really addressed. However, if the anime was written without a plan for a season 2 the things they've done werent all bad (i've never been a big complainer about animation frankly)

World Break has a different problem. the 6 volume setup certainly was a surprise and its rare to see that level of rushing. The question i have (without reading the LN) is assuming they did the typical 3 volume setup with 4 per volume was there enough material to actually do it and would it have been the right idea so you can build up for a season 2 to get to the good stuff.

I'll give u an example of what i mean.
Look at STnBD which amusingly many thought this was a sequel to (i have no idea why). Blade dance doing this 2 episode setup would've been suicidal because they would rush through so much stuff its mind boggling. But they had enough material to make the 3 volume setup and they prayed they could sell enough to warrant a season 2 (lets face it a prospective season 2 of blade dance would be among the anime's of its season if it was done right). Unfortunately season 1 there wasnt really a likeable character of the group so its a painful watch.
World break i believe would have a similar problem (shizuno is likeable but she wouldnt have been able to carry the show).

Its a lose lose situation.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 08:39   Link #802
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
See the thing i liked about this show was the characters, not the plot, not the action, i really did enjoy shizuno, maya, moroha and angela. I could easily find myself tuning in every week just to learn more about those 4 characters.
Same here, bar maya that I found superfluous. And add Elena because I found her fun and cute.
In any case the settings could have been whatever for me, like a volley ball team, or a professional kitchen team in a restaurant. Yeah, probably this would have worked better.
- what was that ingredient I used here again?
- Oh, I REMEMBER!
- It was mozzarella!
And boom, the best pizza margherita of all japan is served! And we had learned even some new recipe each time at least
Or made in quiz format;
- Moroha! prepare some gulaschsuppe!
- M: god, what was that ingredient I used here again?
- Satsuki: pineapple!
- Shizuno: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Actually one of the major turn offs was Satsuki's behavior for me. I found her very unpleasant.
At the beginning I found her really annoying. They wasted their first three episodes on her and was a bad choice if you aren't gonna make her the main girl. Once it was clear that she wasn't my annoyance decreased almost back to zero. But that's probably just me, I can stand bad/annoying/unlikable characters if also the show treats them as such.
In Satsuki's case she was the little sister and behaved like a little spoiled sister, but Moroha (so the show) treated her always as such. The show never tried to sell her as something more than that. Giving all the goods on Shizuno. To the point that I was almost surprised. In fact I won't call it a real harem series, since the two main girls had already their role set and never moved from that. Or, a peculiar way to portray it.

I found cute even if silly the whole issue between moroha and Shizuno, that was an open secret to begin with

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2015-04-02 at 10:16. Reason: corrected "chicken" typo
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 10:51   Link #803
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
in some respects i agree and disagree with both of those ideas.

i agree that both this and fafnir were unusual in how little they seemed to cover and that a lot of the stuff was missed.

Here's the problem and where i disagree.

Having Read Fafnirs LN the handling of Kili and the actual drama between Yuu and mitsuki werent really addressed. However, if the anime was written without a plan for a season 2 the things they've done werent all bad (i've never been a big complainer about animation frankly)

World Break has a different problem. the 6 volume setup certainly was a surprise and its rare to see that level of rushing. The question i have (without reading the LN) is assuming they did the typical 3 volume setup with 4 per volume was there enough material to actually do it and would it have been the right idea so you can build up for a season 2 to get to the good stuff.

I'll give u an example of what i mean.
Look at STnBD which amusingly many thought this was a sequel to (i have no idea why). Blade dance doing this 2 episode setup would've been suicidal because they would rush through so much stuff its mind boggling. But they had enough material to make the 3 volume setup and they prayed they could sell enough to warrant a season 2 (lets face it a prospective season 2 of blade dance would be among the anime's of its season if it was done right). Unfortunately season 1 there wasnt really a likeable character of the group so its a painful watch.
World break i believe would have a similar problem (shizuno is likeable but she wouldnt have been able to carry the show).

Its a lose lose situation.
World Break issue is what I previously stated is the fact that the staff chose to breeze through any other developments that focus on character building besides Moroha in order to quickly go through volumes while saving as much time in regards to drawing as possible. What you get is a shallow show with a lot of characters you barely even know and shit animation on top of it. Ep 5 was the worst example of bringing in character relationships I ever saw. We see Moroha know all his classmates and Seniors despite the viewers never really getting to see any interaction between them. This series only has it's music and Va's being the saving grace of it. It's funny how the last two eps have been the worst eps I ever seen in the show despite them being the anime original eps.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 11:45   Link #804
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
World Break issue is what I previously stated is the fact that the staff chose to breeze through any other developments that focus on character building besides Moroha in order to quickly go through volumes while saving as much time in regards to drawing as possible. What you get is a shallow show with a lot of characters you barely even know and shit animation on top of it. Ep 5 was the worst example of bringing in character relationships I ever saw. We see Moroha know all his classmates and Seniors despite the viewers never really getting to see any interaction between them. This series only has it's music and Va's being the saving grace of it. It's funny how the last two eps have been the worst eps I ever seen in the show despite them being the anime original eps.
you're point is true very much so 5 was a turnoff in many regards because of that. My question is why would u do such an irrational move as this unless u either didnt expect to make a second season out of it or knew you wouldnt get a second season so you're adding as much as u can.
The last two were also incredibly bad that we agree on. Well i say we just stop discussing this season and move on because this season brought harem anime's down magnificently because none of em were really good and testaments only getting a season 2 because of the BD's (although there's some sense that it was always getting a season 2 to begin with.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-02, 21:57   Link #805
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Finally! Got this series off my list.

I actually didn't mind the basic story of the anime original Ancient Dragon Arc. It covers everything about the previous arcs, namely Moroha's complex about protecting his loved ones and his status as a lone fighter in his previous lives, and brings some kind of resolution to some of the conflicts Moroha had in the show. Too bad that this final arc also suffered from the worst kind of QUALITY among the shows I've watched, to the point that I went I REMEMBER! when I saw the cutting corners in the animation side reminiscent of anime in the 90s.

Despite the severe lack of budget for the show, World Break actually manages to turn out amusing with its cast and their quirks. That alone made the otherwise bitter show easier to swallow. But damn, if this gets another season, I sure hope that someone else gets the project. >_>

ENTRY #240 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:45   Link #806
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Finally! Got this series off my list.

I actually didn't mind the basic story of the anime original Ancient Dragon Arc. It covers everything about the previous arcs, namely Moroha's complex about protecting his loved ones and his status as a lone fighter in his previous lives, and brings some kind of resolution to some of the conflicts Moroha had in the show. Too bad that this final arc also suffered from the worst kind of QUALITY among the shows I've watched, to the point that I went I REMEMBER! when I saw the cutting corners in the animation side reminiscent of anime in the 90s.

Despite the severe lack of budget for the show, World Break actually manages to turn out amusing with its cast and their quirks. That alone made the otherwise bitter show easier to swallow. But damn, if this gets another season, I sure hope that someone else gets the project. >_>

ENTRY #240 GET.
Chances of that happening is close to zero. Disc sales sold 952 despite including the soundtrack and event ticket.
Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 21:09   Link #807
XFire
150% done

I liked this more than I thought I would, probably because I binge-watched it in two days. Moroha has an actual personality (and said personality is nicely twisted), and the side characters were actually interesting. If this had a decent budget to counter its QUALITY issues, it could have been great. Ah well. Actually interested in the Light Novel now.
Old 2015-04-20, 00:42   Link #808
Birdway
Banned

No comparison between BD vs TV yet?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-12, 13:42   Link #809
Drake17

Any spoilers on the light novel did it end if so is it otp or true harem?
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem