AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-11, 23:00   Link #801
Fool On The Hill

Question about Sasuke: How much does he actually care about Konoha?

(If you havent watched past episode 70 or so, dont read ahead)

When he's chasing/fighting Gaara, is it because he just wants to compare his strength and fight tough opponents like he said before, or does he actually want to help Konoha? I'm guessing its the latter because at one point he said, "I dont know what you Sand guys are upto, but I'm going to stop you." But on the other hand, he's never seemed to care about anything but getting stronger and killing his brother.

I can't figure Sasuke out...are those basically the two sides to him? The good side, that will fight for whats right, and the bad side which will do anything for power and the ability to beat his brother (even possibly submit himself to Orochimaru).
Old 2004-07-12, 00:17   Link #802
HoboGod
Necromancer

well, sasuke is very centered around becoming stronger. he said time and time again that he doesn't care to become a chuunin and that he is only entering the chuunin exam to find strong people to test his abilities against.

later in the manga (big spoiler):
Spoiler:

so yes, you are indeed correct in saying he doesn't care about leaf village.
Old 2004-07-12, 01:07   Link #803
Fool On The Hill

I knew he was a bastard...

Although I think he'll come to a realization eventually. Its tough to like a character like him....I dont get why so many people do.

Back to the topic though, he has to care somewhat...just going by how many times he saved Naruto and Sakura's lives...
Old 2004-07-12, 01:39   Link #804
ArbalestAS

just 2 simple questions, sorry if they've been asked before though.

1)though sasuke and itachi are uchiha's, there could've still been a chance that they couldn't have gotten the sharigan, and only some are chosen within their family. is it the same case with the hyuuga's, or do all hyuuga members have the byakugan?

2)what special moves does itachi have with his sharingan? i keep hearing bout this mangesomething sharingan, and there's another called tsukisomething and another that starts with an A or something? sorry if you i'm generalizing em, but what do they do exactly?

edit: this is probably counted as a stupid question so no need to answer, but what happens when the anime reaches the manga? it looks like it's (anime) is going along much faster now and is catching up to the manga.
Old 2004-07-12, 03:33   Link #805
Blitz59

The anime won't reach the manga.
Old 2004-07-12, 10:08   Link #806
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbalestAS
1)though sasuke and itachi are uchiha's, there could've still been a chance that they couldn't have gotten the sharigan, and only some are chosen within their family. is it the same case with the hyuuga's, or do all hyuuga members have the byakugan?
all hyuga family has byakugan (hinata was a loser as a child, but still had byakugan.) but not all uchiha family can do sharangan (sasuke didn't devolp it until he fought haku.)

Quote:
2)what special moves does itachi have with his sharingan? i keep hearing bout this mangesomething sharingan, and there's another called tsukisomething and another that starts with an A or something? sorry if you i'm generalizing em, but what do they do exactly?
Mange Sharingan is the hypnotic genjutsu that itachi used on kakashi and sasuke that pretty much mind fucked them into a coma.

Amaterasu is a black flame jutsu that burned through the fire breathing rock toad's stomach that jairaya summoned around itachi and his shark friend. it translated into "sun."

Tsukuyomi is a mysterious jutsu that itachi only mentioned once. i don't believe it was ever explained, but it translates into "moon" so that might be a clue of some kind.

Quote:
edit: this is probably counted as a stupid question so no need to answer, but what happens when the anime reaches the manga? it looks like it's (anime) is going along much faster now and is catching up to the manga.
one of four things is most probable:
1. The show goes on haitus until sufficiant new chapters are written.
2. The show will drag out each episode like dbz when they ran out of chapters during the freesia saga.
3. they will make up new storyline for the show like ruruoni kenshin did after the shishio saga.
4. the show will be released small peices at a time like hunter x hunter does with those ovas.
Old 2004-07-12, 13:20   Link #807
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
Mange Sharingan is the hypnotic genjutsu that itachi used on kakashi and sasuke that pretty much mind fucked them into a coma.

Amaterasu is a black flame jutsu that burned through the fire breathing rock toad's stomach that jairaya summoned around itachi and his shark friend. it translated into "sun."

Tsukuyomi is a mysterious jutsu that itachi only mentioned once. i don't believe it was ever explained, but it translates into "moon" so that might be a clue of some kind.
The Mangekyo Sharingan is the bloodline limit of the Uchiha. As far as we know, it's the sharingan in it's ultimate form, which allows the user to do two known techniques, Tsukiyomi, and Amaterasu. The Tsukiyomi is incredible genjutsu underworld moon technique used on Kakashi and Sasuke. In ep 85, Kisame says, "Being cruel, as usual. Using the Tsukiyomi on his little brother."
Old 2004-07-12, 14:04   Link #808
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
The Mangekyo Sharingan is the bloodline limit of the Uchiha. As far as we know, it's the sharingan in it's ultimate form, which allows the user to do two known techniques, Tsukiyomi, and Amaterasu. The Tsukiyomi is incredible genjutsu underworld moon technique used on Kakashi and Sasuke. In ep 85, Kisame says, "Being cruel, as usual. Using the Tsukiyomi on his little brother."
please, as a favour to me...dont say underworld moon ever again
Old 2004-07-12, 14:08   Link #809
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Edit: Ok yeah, my bad. Just re-watched that bit and it was "God of the moon," don't remember where I got underworld from, perhaps another translation.

Last edited by Macbrother; 2004-07-12 at 14:20.
Old 2004-07-12, 19:31   Link #810
Coltian

Anyone know what chapter the anime would be at in manga? (hope the wording makes sense...)
Old 2004-07-12, 23:37   Link #811
HoboGod
Necromancer

roughly chap 158
Old 2004-07-12, 23:37   Link #812
Fool On The Hill

I'm almost at the end of the episodes....and I just thought of this question --- kinda late

Sasuke and Sakura both knew about Naruto having the Kyuubi inside of him right??
Old 2004-07-12, 23:40   Link #813
HoboGod
Necromancer

nope, neither of them know. sasuke might have his suspicions after seeing naruto fight gaara, but sakura was out cold.
Old 2004-07-12, 23:47   Link #814
Fool On The Hill

I see...well since I'm on a roll with stupid questions:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-07-12, 23:51   Link #815
HoboGod
Necromancer

the 3rd was too weak, his soul wasn't enough to capture the first 2 hokages AND orochimaru.
Old 2004-07-13, 00:09   Link #816
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
the 3rd was too weak, his soul wasn't enough to capture the first 2 hokages AND orochimaru.
Oh sorry, I literally meant pull Orochimaru's body towards him so the sword would pierce through both of them though.
Old 2004-07-13, 00:15   Link #817
HoboGod
Necromancer

oh... i see what you're saying. It would have been a good idea, but if i'm giving up my soul to kill somebody, i'm not just gunna use a different method after i've already sacrificed myself. how stupid would I look for using the technique in the first place? i'm guessing the 3rd is as stubborn as me. ^_^
Old 2004-07-13, 00:19   Link #818
Fool On The Hill

awww...now I have to get the 80-90 eps one by one
Old 2004-07-13, 12:14   Link #819
Rurik
Golden

hey this is mi first post in here..................

Well IMO the angle that the sword had regarding Oro's body, wouldn't have hurt his vital signs, so there was no point in doing this,

also, The Monkey King had the sword in his grasp, so, if the 3rd moved foward only the body of the 3rd will have moved and the sword kept the original position....

also, Oro was controlling the sword so, he would not allowed that to happen
Old 2004-07-13, 15:01   Link #820
axedumal

I'd like to know, what exactly is strange about the manner in which Kankuro speaks? I don't know any Japanese beyond the words and phrases I've learned from anime, but there have been a few posts here referring to how he has a weird way of talking. Now I'm sure that's impossible to translate, but say, how is it different from standard Japanese syntax and diction? From his tone alone and the way he looks obviously, it seems like he's portrayed as a kind of evil-clown/riddler character. But I could be in the wrong ballpark entirely...
Closed Thread