AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 01:32   Link #801
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
There are no restrictions on race or gender in regards to marriage. So you can marry whomever, or whatever, you want (within a list of 60 or so people).

You could be a male breton married to a female argonian, or a female khajit married to a female imperial, or a male nord married to a male redguard. You just need to do the little quest from the temple of mara in riften. Although I have heard of it bugging out occasionally.

List and guide.
I was thinking of getting this game but I heard that it has lots of bugs. How good is the company in regards to patching these?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 02:00   Link #802
Tiberium Wolf

My graphic card is a HD 5670 so I can only have medium settings without lagging. I noticed that the shadows details in high still present the stair effect. Only in ultra you don't notice when is far away. If you look close enough you still see the stair effect. Man! Really! These shadows are really low quality to have in stair effect in medium settings.
Old 2011-11-17, 02:11   Link #803
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
My graphic card is a HD 5670 so I can only have medium settings without lagging. I noticed that the shadows details in high still present the stair effect. Only in ultra you don't notice when is far away. If you look close enough you still see the stair effect. Man! Really! These shadows are really low quality to have in stair effect in medium settings.
One wonders how much better the PC version would have been if it was the version they centered development on. If you don't know, they made the game on XBox 360 and ported it to PC and PS3 (I believe).
Old 2011-11-17, 02:26   Link #804
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
What if your character is female?
A silly question. Then it would be a yuri harem

...and my character is female... so...
Old 2011-11-17, 02:28   Link #805
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I was thinking of getting this game but I heard that it has lots of bugs. How good is the company in regards to patching these?
Jeez the bugs in this are minor as hell, I haven't noticed any at all, apart from the ones you'd come to expect from such a massive sandbox game, and one "tutorial" quest in the first town.

People these days don't know the meaning of the word "bugs"...

Two words.

Cliff Racers.
Old 2011-11-17, 02:52   Link #806
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Found this short comic quite funny.

A Ridiculous Comparison Between Skyrim and World of Warcraft
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 02:57   Link #807
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The only really legitimate complaints I've heard is that the keyboard interface has a few oddities (I've seen this phenomenon). If you re-assign keys to your liking the system "doesn't quite get it or believe thats what you wanted" ... my guess is that the software interface needs some help. However, I expect a patch or a mod UI will address things.

Quote:
For the records, those brooms will come in handy when you inevitably reach the broom dungeon.
Old 2011-11-17, 05:41   Link #808
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After becoming a Thane of Whiterun I immediately back Ulfric and take the city for the Stormcloaks. Nyork.

Haven't encountered any of the DBs yet to join them, currently helping the Companions and the College.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 05:51   Link #809
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
You won't encounter any DB's with the opportunity to join them. You must go to Windhelm and find a house with a kid doing some ritual to join DB.
Old 2011-11-17, 06:26   Link #810
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Talking to inkeepers and asking about rumours can help send you in the right direction.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 06:33   Link #811
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Do they give out new places to visit after speaking to them after every major plot point?
Old 2011-11-17, 07:55   Link #812
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Occasionally, yeah. For me, the innkeeper from winterhold send me to the guy who starts the brotherhood quest. I'n not sure what triggers it, but it helps pinpointing points of interest.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 08:27   Link #813
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

So, been playing a heavy-armored-dual-wielding-axe-Nord on expert.(it should've been an Orc for that Berserker power, but I learned that later after playing and too lazy to reload).

It's a blast, only I had a bit of trouble in a certain part of that cave in the Companion's quest line after we encountered the silverhands, so I had to temporarily lower it to normal that one time. Sure, I died a lot everywhere else too, mostly in 1-2 hits from a bandit thug, but I prevailed in the end each time, well, aside from the aforementioned part. I think being a dual-wielding character really is a "kill-them-before-they-kill-you" type of character.

But now at level 35, I absolutely murder everything. Bandits? Dargons? Giants? They won't last 10 seconds if I can get to them close enough. My weapon is personally crafted Legendary Ebony Waraxe with small enchantment (my enchant skill was only 40 by then) The only problem I still has is the boss magicians because they can still easily kill me (vampire lords,etc).

Now to challange myself, I abandon my dragonplate armor and go clothing and mage in that same character (though I still kept my dual weapon, just in case things get ugly). It's fun all over again. I need to play differently than what I did as a dual wielding warrior. Boss magicians become major pain in the ass now though.

The next time I make a new character, I plan on being a stealthy type. Haven't used sneaking much or at all during my current game.
Old 2011-11-17, 08:51   Link #814
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I bought the game despite my outdated com and is able to play well with low graphics, I'm fine with any sort of graphics.

Its my first Elder Scrolls game and its really great, the freedom in this game really makes me feel that JRPGs really have not much role playing at all lol.

I'm interested in a melee warrior as usual and did my research, it seems that smithing, enchanting and alchemy is the way to go.

I think I'll be spending alot of time on this game for this holiday lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 09:40   Link #815
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just realised that mines respawn ore.

I now go on a rotation around all the mines in Skyrim. There are easier ways to make money, but it is just FUN to know the powerful stuff you wear is literally made by YOU from scratch, using rocks and animal skin.
Old 2011-11-17, 10:30   Link #816
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2011/11/14 "beware the brooms..."

Yeah, this is "the game" for 2011 as far as RPG "solo play" goes...
The funny thing is I did somewhat the same at the very early point before I realized it really was ridiculous. Game lets you pick up such a variety of things that normally is restricted to things you absolutely need.

Of course after getting a house I can just grab everything anyways since there's storage . The Skyrim version of "Hoarders" shall begin !
Old 2011-11-17, 10:37   Link #817
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Looks like the French reviewers are not quite happy with Skyrim they are the only ones iv seen negative reviews from.

48 hour sales 7 million units

grossing $450 million

good god
Old 2011-11-17, 10:43   Link #818
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The only way I make money is through killing and looting. That and I don't mine for the materials for the gear I wear. I'm level 22 with Orc heavy armor I made myself and I don't have enough money right now to buy more mats...

Of course I've been doing side quests on the eastern and northeastern areas of the map and I haven't gone and done the main quest starting from the base of the Throat of the World. Once I finish my College quests I'll go do the quest lines at the mid east and southeast areas.

So far I'm enjoying my 1H-caster hybrid. My plates don't give me as much defensive power as most other pure plate melee characters, but being able to switch from melee to magic on the fly as well as being able to heal myself as I swing my sword around makes me able get through most encounters with ease. Saves a lot of having to use potions. Thing is I'm feeling a bit underpowered, but that's probably because I haven't enchanted my gears at all.
Old 2011-11-17, 11:11   Link #819
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I just realised that mines respawn ore.

I now go on a rotation around all the mines in Skyrim. There are easier ways to make money, but it is just FUN to know the powerful stuff you wear is literally made by YOU from scratch, using rocks and animal skin.
I only go around to get ores to up my smithing skill, as I've yet to visit Riften or Windhelm, and the other towns apparently don't have a smith shop to buy ores from. (Except Markath, but I have 20k bounty there..)

Still, what puzzles me is the time limit for when they respawn? I just went to a mine I had already been in before, and about 30% of the veins were restored. Well, all appeared as restored but only about 30% could be interacted with
Old 2011-11-17, 11:23   Link #820
User190323
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
After becoming a Thane of Whiterun I immediately back Ulfric and take the city for the Stormcloaks. Nyork.

Haven't encountered any of the DBs yet to join them, currently helping the Companions and the College.
Ask any inkeeper for rumours then they will start talking about the DB and about a kid, find the kid and do his quest.After that just walk around and a courier will come to you with a note, when you got the note just sleep somewhere and you will wake up at the DB ^^
User190323 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim