AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 15:25   Link #8181
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Athrun may have practiced with a Murasame for all we know at some point in the time gap
Either way, if Athrun was unfamiliar with the Saviour's mobile armor mode, he could've used it like a non-transformable mobile suit. But instead, most of the time, he transforms and flies around, and hardly even make use of the beam sabers, and this is the guy who is experienced with beam sabers.

So if there's any problem with Athrun's fighting capability, it's due his state of mind rather than his level of familiarity with the Saviour.

And it's not because of some imaginary no-kill policy either, as Athrun has killed a Windam pilot this episode and will kill the Gells-Ghe pilots later in the series, and possibly even a Murasame pilot even later in the series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 22:19   Link #8182
Aquaman OS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The main info I am lacking with this though is whether the Chaos' MA form and gunbarrels? operate well under gravity/on earth
Aside from the one error scene that was taken out, no. Or rather the Gunbarrel's can fly in the atomsphere, but Chaos can't without them. In episode 32 just one of them being damaged by the Murasame's has Chaos dropping like a rock. So it he lanuched them he'd fall.

MA form does work though. He even is shown using it in this ep.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-12, 23:36   Link #8183
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Or rather the Gunbarrel's can fly in the atomsphere, but Chaos can't without them. In episode 32 just one of them being damaged by the Murasame's has Chaos dropping like a rock. So it he lanuched them he'd fall.
I think that was just because the Chaos itself was also damaged, not just the mobile weapon pods. In phase 28, the Freedom damaged the Chaos, including its pods, yet once Sting regained his bearing, he could still fly the Chaos.
Old 2013-07-13, 00:05   Link #8184
The American Average
2LMES

I always felt bad for poor Sting continued to get defeated. when he "died" during Murasame fight to come back and die again. how and why he came back is just weird to me.
Old 2013-07-13, 00:11   Link #8185
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The American Average View Post
I always felt bad for poor Sting continued to get defeated. when he "died" during Murasame fight to come back and die again. how and why he came back is just weird to me.
So Shinn and Rey can show off their new suits and what they can do/capable of or just call it bad writing.
I Fail at Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 00:14   Link #8186
monster

Quote:
how and why he came back is just weird to me.
CE mobile suits are very protective of their pilots.

The why is probably because this is Destiny and Legend's first major battle and they want to have at least one known face amongst the enemy pilots.
Old 2013-07-13, 12:04   Link #8187
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
It is the CE timeline, where you can survive a point-blank shot from an antimatter beam (Mu), or survive an MS destruction while inside (Andrew, minus an arm and an eye, and Kira, the latter thrice).

It is the CE timeline, where "the impossible can be possible".

How did they survive? A Wizard Did ItTM.

And by "wizard", I mean Lacus Clyne.
Old 2013-07-13, 23:06   Link #8188
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
It is the CE timeline, where you can survive a point-blank shot from an antimatter beam (Mu), or survive an MS destruction while inside (Andrew, minus an arm and an eye, and Kira, the latter thrice).

It is the CE timeline, where "the impossible can be possible".

How did they survive? A Wizard Did ItTM.

And by "wizard", I mean Lacus Clyne.
Mu never took the shots point blank (both cases)

Point blank is when you are right in front of whatever is firing, which is not the case

A more accurate statement was that "he took the antimatter beam head on"
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 23:42   Link #8189
The American Average
2LMES

still he shouldn't have survived.
Old 2013-07-14, 01:03   Link #8190
S.Freedom

Agreed TAA, his survival ruined such an awesome "death". It would have been the perfect end to his character arc imo. To show that there where just some things he couldn't make possible.

I'd have proffered Flay had survived and be subjected to the brainwashing Mu did. It may've given him something to angst about. Or otherwise prevent him from becoming Jesus Yamato in some fans eyes.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 01:45   Link #8191
I Fail at Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom
I'd have proffered Flay had survived and be subjected to the brainwashing Mu did. It may've given him something to angst about. Or otherwise prevent him from becoming Jesus Yamato in some fans eyes.
Except why would a fan of him, give him a negative nickname when that's the hater's job?
Old 2013-07-14, 03:55   Link #8192
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Freedom View Post
Or otherwise prevent him from becoming Jesus Yamato in some fans eyes.
As I understood it, that reference came from Kira being "revived" after he seemingly died, which already happened in SEED. So Flay surviving would serve no purpose in that regard.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:00   Link #8193
The American Average
2LMES

would have a cool plot twist though, Flay still alive that really would have screwed with kira's character. but we saw her get roasted and the spirit thingy so that would have been a real ass pull to bring flay into destiny.
Old 2013-07-14, 04:47   Link #8194
S.Freedom

@monster And here I thought it was because some people thought he was too "perfect", always right or could do no wrong during Destiny.

Oh well, live and learn as they say.

@I Fail at Life Don't let my username fool you. I only used it because I couldn't use Heavyarms. Which isn't to say I don't like Kira, just that I think his character could have been handled better during Destiny. Which can be said about a lot of characters in Destiny.

@TAA Perhaps, but the same is just as easily said about Mu's surviving what he did. So as far as ass pulls go, Flay is the lesser of the two between her and Mu imo.
Old 2013-07-14, 05:44   Link #8195
I Fail at Life

Quote:
@I Fail at Life Don't let my username fool you. I only used it because I couldn't use Heavyarms. Which isn't to say I don't like Kira, just that I think his character could have been handled better during Destiny. Which can be said about a lot of characters in Destiny.
I didn't respond because your actions towards another character did not match up to your username.. no. I was just saying "fans" of a certain character... would not be the ones to coin a negative nickname or stigma of said character. That's what people who never liked the character to begin with or haters (any medium in general), do. And I have no problem if you don't like the way he was handled in Destiny. I have a problem with some people's sole reasoning on why Destiny is terrible is because their dislike of a character = Failed Logic!

Last edited by I Fail at Life; 2013-07-14 at 05:51. Reason: replacing a word
Old 2013-07-14, 07:36   Link #8196
monster

Quote:
And here I thought it was because some people thought he was too "perfect", always right or could do no wrong during Destiny.
Eh, even if it was because of that reason, keeping Flay alive wouldn't change whether or not Kira was right in Destiny. It would just make him a less sorrowful man.
Old 2013-07-14, 12:48   Link #8197
Aquaman OS

Flay being Neo wouldn't have mattered because Kira didn't come into contact with Neo anyway until the midway point, long after he'd chosen to oppose Zaft. By the time he'd picked her up, his path was already set in stone. Maybe he'd perform differently in Angel Down because of the recent shock but it really wouldn't have mattered either way. If he performed worse....well he lost that fight anyway, so no changes. If he performed better and won, again no big change because AA was planning to hide out in Orb anyway, and he already had Strike Freedom lined up for him. So regular Freedom would remain undestroyed as a remaining extra asset, but that's all.

Now if Flay had just outright survived Seed and was still with Kira, maybe Kira's outlook would be different, but in the end, Kira was correct in assuming Durandal was out to get them, so he'd be coming into conflict with Zaft anyway.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-14, 14:04   Link #8198
S.Freedom

I really wasn't thinking of Flay as replacing Mu as Neo. As she's neither male or Blonde. And Neo is for all intense and purposes a Char clone in a long line of them. Thus Neo would be a completely new character independent of Mu or Flay.

I was actually thinking of Flay being a hybrid extended. Having say 80% of the stage one's combat abilities combined with the controllability of second stage extended.
Old 2013-07-14, 15:34   Link #8199
monster

Flay as an Extended? No, thanks. That girl doesn't need anymore suffering in her life.
Old 2013-07-14, 15:48   Link #8200
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Less suffering? In MY Gundam? Perish the thought!

Premise has been done, though, if you're interested. Go check out the fanfic "Fallen Angel" on Fanfiction.net.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep