Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-06, 10:20   Link #8221
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
Her Adeat artifact wasn't a broom/book. Perhaps she has moved on.
I still see her encyclopedia if that what she was using when trying to identify the culprit. I think it's in page 8-10.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 10:48   Link #8222
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I liked this chapter. It's nice to see what Yue's doing in the future, and it was pretty funny.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 11:03   Link #8223
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
As far as I can tell, these are plot lines that are still left hanging, though some may be resolved in the final chapter (there's probably several that I'm neglecting):

1. Negi's father, where he is, what does he have to do with the Lifemaker (is he possessed by the Lifemaker?)
2. The Lifemaker (What happened to him? Is he still alive? Did Negi and Asuna kill him with that sword slash (very anti-climatic if so)? Where is he?)
3. What happened to and where is Arika?
4. Eva said that Asuna's personality would probably be erased during her hibernation. Any explanation as to how her personality survived?
5. Any for explanation for the alternate future Negi dying despite Magica Erebea?
6. Ako's scar?
7. Negi fulfilling his promise to free Eva?
8. Curing the petrification of his village?
4. No real need to explain this, except the "promise" between the Twilight Princess and "Asuna". To begin with, despite being a fake personality, she is borderline stronger than a normal one.
5. Magia Erebea effect were only left to speculation for the characters, so it isn't surprising Negi become immortal-like, but still mortal in the end. After all, the transformation process wasn't the same as Eva's.
8. Not really necessary since it was hinted long before that Konoka would just need more power. Since it was already shown quickly in the different timeline portion, it is "covered". The question wasn't "if they will manage it", but rather "when".

That said, we can also add others points:
-Master of the Gravekeepers' Palace
-Actual origin and motives of the Lifemaker (after all, we only know Kosmo Entelecheia objective. LM objective was probably different before he settled mars, before warping into the way he became I think).
-Original plan of the Megalomesembria senate (since it was heavy implied by Kurt that the senate were the ones behind Hermann's group attack)
-Demon's cast (Hermann, Mana's origins, and especially Zazie and her sister)
-Chao's actual plight (world crisis hardly matches Mana's description of "it happens all the time")
-Chizuru's involvement to Negi's heavy schedule (since it was the reason why she got a pactio)
-Satsuki's real involvement regarding Magic stuff (unless Akamatsu was just doing some red herring)
-Fuka and Fumika's pactio

There are probably more loose ends in the lot.
Old 2012-03-06, 13:12   Link #8224
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgelesspigeon View Post
Boy, you said it. I started getting nervous about the pace of the manga when the Rakan fight started taking forever (as opposed to actual plot advancement), and I became really unnerved with how the Lifemaker, the Big Bad of the manga, shows up for a few chapters before being unceremoniously... well, whatever happened to him (killed? banished? forced to retreat?). And we had a few OK chapters about Negi's plans for Magica Mundus, and then we took a fatal nosedive into the Sports Festival arc, followed the incredibly rushed "goodbye Asuna arc, no, wait she's back" arc, and now... this.
The two main things to blame for the mess that we've been having recently:

1. The idea that the Magic World arc is supposed to be the final "major" arc in the manga;

2. Ken Akamatsu's contract in which he works exclusively for Kodansha is ending/has ended, which very likely has some connection to the amount of time Ken Akamatsu has left to work on Negima.

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2012-03-06 at 13:26.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 13:57   Link #8225
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ One would also blame the editors who were involved in the planning of that.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 15:41   Link #8226
Johaocarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That said, we can also add others points:
-Master of the Gravekeepers' Palace
-Actual origin and motives of the Lifemaker (after all, we only know Kosmo Entelecheia objective. LM objective was probably different before he settled mars, before warping into the way he became I think).
-Original plan of the Megalomesembria senate (since it was heavy implied by Kurt that the senate were the ones behind Hermann's group attack)
-Demon's cast (Hermann, Mana's origins, and especially Zazie and her sister)
-Chao's actual plight (world crisis hardly matches Mana's description of "it happens all the time")
-Chizuru's involvement to Negi's heavy schedule (since it was the reason why she got a pactio)
-Satsuki's real involvement regarding Magic stuff (unless Akamatsu was just doing some red herring)
-Fuka and Fumika's pactio

There are probably more loose ends in the lot.
I think we will see at least some answers at next Akamatsu series. And now he don't have a contract with Kodansha, he is free for NOT write a harem manga and go for a adventure/magic/fantasy one.

Not sure what he will write next, but with luck we will see the adventures of "The Thousand Master".. or maybe "Rakan, The Invencible!"... :P

The hacker ate my homework!
Johaocarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 17:55   Link #8227
Excelion

Yue end still looks likely to me. My expectations for the finale chapter are rock bottom right now. I suppose I'll see you guys in about 7 days time because this one chapter I don't want to read the spoilers (or even reactions to) for, lol.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-06, 18:57   Link #8228
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Yue, stuck as a detective instead of going into space.

And drinking away her troubles, ha.
Old 2012-03-07, 00:14   Link #8229
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johaocarl View Post
I think we will see at least some answers at next Akamatsu series. And now he don't have a contract with Kodansha, he is free for NOT write a harem manga and go for a adventure/magic/fantasy one.

Not sure what he will write next, but with luck we will see the adventures of "The Thousand Master".. or maybe "Rakan, The Invencible!"... :P
Be hillarious if Rakan's past prediction about a series to tell all about Ala Rubra's adventures comes true.
Old 2012-03-07, 04:42   Link #8230
Merctrin
Immi

I actually enjoyed seeing Detective Yue, and I don't usually like Yue. Just... there is so much to cover. The chapter was pretty entertaining up to Paio showing up, but there's only one chapter left. Akamatsu choosing to hand the spotlight over to one (one!) of the girls instead of wrapping up some of the loose threads is a bit frustrating.
Old 2012-03-07, 07:54   Link #8231
Hata
時の異邦人

Ken: 355, DONE, and he is not retiring.
http://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/statu...59925922635776

give thanks to all the assistants for the 9 years, and took a commemorative picture of everyone just like when Love Hina ended.

Ken is scheduled to give a speech for E-book 03/12, people are supposed to pay 1,500 yen to listen to him. (and other people.)
http://www.freekspaper.jp/event/freeks-1-0/
Old 2012-03-07, 10:32   Link #8232
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hata View Post
Ken: 355, DONE, and he is not retiring.
http://twitter.com/KenAkamatsu/statu...59925922635776

give thanks to all the assistants for the 9 years, and took a commemorative picture of everyone just like when Love Hina ended.

Ken is scheduled to give a speech for E-book 03/12, people are supposed to pay 1,500 yen to listen to him. (and other people.)
http://www.freekspaper.jp/event/freeks-1-0/
"次回作や続編(?)にご期待下さい。" This seems to translate to "Please look forward to my next work or sequel(?)".
So a Negima sequel may really be a possibility.
Old 2012-03-07, 11:06   Link #8233
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

we probably only wait 5 years

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 13:27   Link #8234
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

LOL if he meant a sequel to A.I. Love You or Love Hina.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:06   Link #8235
Motor Bug2005

Here's a translation by Dowolf of the message that Akamatsu-sesnei posted on Twitter that Hata mentioned:

"I've just finished drawing the final chapter of Negima (Chapter 355)! Thank you for all your support over these past nine years. =ʕ◕̀ᴥ◕́ʔ=... I certainly have no intention of retiring, so look forward to my next work or sequel(?)"
Motor Bug2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 14:19   Link #8236
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

And the people who have been waiting for a sequel for Itsudatte my santa rejoice.

Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 16:44   Link #8237
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Nah, this has to be another season of Mao-chan.

Seriously, if Ken Akamatsu does do a sequel or something, I'd expect it to be something similar to the special chapter of Love Hina he did in honor of 300 chapters of Negima (only with said chapter being on J-Comi).
Old 2012-03-07, 16:50   Link #8238
Freeter
beyond

If he does a spinoff of Shinobu and Motoko I'll be all over it like chocolate on vanilla (plus it'll give me a reason to read his work again ).
Old 2012-03-07, 18:58   Link #8239
y0shi

Im not even hyped about sequels, unless its anything that gives negima a propper wrap up im done with this guy :/ chapter was stupid and pointless, if he has nothing more to say he shouldve just ended it last chapter...

Im just super let down, negima was always one of my favorite mangas (top 3 i guess xD) but this ending is just unworthy... And Ill never be able to read these mangas again without thinking "youll never know how it ended" :/

Unless he pulls a miracle in the last chapter I'm done with negima >.<

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:41   Link #8240
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Worse. I'll never fully enjoy whatever sequel or new series he's making, because however funny or awesome or romantic the story will be, it will always be haunted by the fears that it will "not have a proper ending, just like Negima"

I mean, what's the use being excited about a new story if there's a risk it won't have a proper ending, because that was the fate of its predecessor?

Tags
action, fantasy