Old 2014-01-12, 01:02   Link #8241
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Old 2014-01-12, 05:09   Link #8242
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Back to the drawing board, it's been great....I'm down with Seattle now--hope they can do it...
Typical Saints bandwagoner? You're going to support the team that just laid another beatdown on you?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 09:37   Link #8243
GDB

Quote:
It is what it is, to blame the kicker would be burying the lead...
But when you blame everyone else but the kicker, you're just blowing things out of proportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
*image snip*
They could've had Christian Ponder back there and it wouldn't have mattered. Brady threw for less than 200 yards and no TDs. The entire game was Blount and the defense picking Luck off.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 10:36   Link #8244
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Interesting games...

First game since 2006 where Brees was held to less than 50 passing yards in a half.

When was the last time Brady threw 0 touchdowns? o_O
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 11:08   Link #8245
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Earlier this season
Old 2014-01-12, 13:28   Link #8246
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Typical Saints bandwagoner? You're going to support the team that just laid another beatdown on you?
Typical kiss my _______ you subhuman ________...

Is that what you want? Will that tie a neat ribbon around our anime-forum football analysis rivalry? lol...

Dude think what you want...I've been here a while...your football knowledge pails in comparison to me, not that you don't know this, so enjoy the spoils until it catches up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB
But when you blame everyone else but the kicker, you're just blowing things out of proportion.
No...what i'm saying is i dont think that cost us the game more than the other stuff...pretty simple...If the offense sustains any of the countless scoring opportunities we had in this game you don't have to rely on a kcker who you signed in week 14...I put this on our Hall of Fame QB and supposed mastermind of an offensive coach than I do a wavier wire kicker...Does that clear it up?

@Suzuku
- That should probably be Lagarret Blount in that teachers' chair...
Old 2014-01-12, 15:51   Link #8247
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Stick a fork in the Panthers, they are done.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 16:38   Link #8248
Samari
World's Greatest

Great game. Roman called a nice contest. Especially in the second half. I wonder if he was saving those QB sneaks for later on. We hadn't done that all season. Kaepernick was streaky in the first half, but stepped up his game later. I'm glad we didn't get away from using Gore. We showed our experience down the line and kept our cool. Seemed like the Panthers were really out to prove that they were for real, while we were just trying to get to the next stage. The defense had two AWESOME goal line stands. That I think was what saved this game and prevented it from getting out of hand. This was a quality team and to win on the road again is going to go a long way. Now we have Seattle and it's going to be our toughest game maybe ever. But there is nothing that says we can't get it done. In Harbaugh we trust. GO NINERS.

Quote:
Typical kiss my _______ you subhuman ________...

Is that what you want? Will that tie a neat ribbon around our anime-forum football analysis rivalry? lol...

Dude think what you want...I've been here a while...your football knowledge pails in comparison to me, not that you don't know this, so enjoy the spoils until it catches up...
LOL why u so mad doe? It's cool. Ride the Seahawks bandwagon now that your team has been axed and whine about how much more you think you know about football...since that was totally relevant to the initial question I asked you.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 19:53   Link #8249
sky black swordman

So it will be Peyton (and the Broncos) vs Brady (and the Patriots) in the AFC championship game.
So much for that superstition about the Philadelphia Eagles home opener.
Old 2014-01-12, 20:10   Link #8250
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
So much for that superstition about the Philadelphia Eagles home opener.
It got them into the playoffs when they shouldn't have been, at least. Guess the Eagles thing only works on teams that are already playoff contenders.
Old 2014-01-12, 21:13   Link #8251
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I am very torn between who to pick for the AFC championship game. The Broncos are the better team offensively being ranked 1st in the regular season compared to the Patriots being ranked 7. The Patriots (ranked 26) are worse defensively than the Bronocs (ranked 19) as well but only by a small margin.

However Brady got Peyton's number. Brady has defeated Peyton 10 out of 14 times.

What does everyone say?
Old 2014-01-12, 22:01   Link #8252
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
However Brady got Peyton's number. Brady has defeated Peyton 10 out of 14 times.

What does everyone say?
I say QBs don't play each other. They play the other team's defense. A QB cannot "have another QB's number", as it'd imply they go directly against each other.
Old 2014-01-13, 03:03   Link #8253
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post

What does everyone say?
I'll be surprised if Pats loses to Broncos. Pats is the better team between the two. I also don't think Manning will be able to keep up with Brady if he gets hot. Broncos secondary has been found out a few time during the regular season and even in this game against the Chargers.

Seahawks vs. 49ers is a harder game to predict. I guess the Seahawks has the advantage of homefield though I think better Harbough-brother is the better coach between those two teams, so I'm sure he'll think of a few adjustment this time around. Despite Seahawks win, their offense rode Lynch for most of the game. Wilson didn't do much other than a few very good extension of play. 49ers, on the other hand, were looking very, very good offensively.

Anyway, I'm predicting Pats vs. (_________) superbowl.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 03:11   Link #8254
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Pats beat Broncos. I don't understand how but they're playing the best they have all season even without Gronk and all the injuries to their defense, and Brady will pick a part the Broncos' secondary. Meanwhile, Belichick always gets in Peyton's head.

I don't see any reason to pick the Niners in that game. I think Kaep has yet another bad game at CenturyLink Field and the Seahawks win 23-10.

As far as the SB goes, if the matches end up like that, the Seahawks are a far more preferable match up to the Patriots (and the Broncos as well for that matter) than the Niners.
Old 2014-01-13, 04:04   Link #8255
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Reaper I hope our draft can end up somehow like this dream scenario:

*We hold the 3rd pick hostage and threaten Cleveland that we will draft Manziel if they don't trade us their second first rounder and second round pick.

Round 1: Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo
Round 1: Trent Murphy - DE - Stanford
Round 2: Tre Mason - RB - Auburn
Round 2: Gabe Jackson - OG - Mississippi State
Round 3: Brett Smith - QB - Wyoming
Round 4: Donte Moncrief - WR - Ole Miss
Round 4: Kelcy Quarles - NT/5T - South Carolina
Round 5: Gabe Ikard - C - Oklahoma
Round 5: Arthur Lynch - TE - Georgia
Round 5: Keith McGill - CB - Utah
Round 6: Jordan Zumwalt - OLB - UCLA
Round 7: Ben Gardner - DE - Stanford
Old 2014-01-13, 10:55   Link #8256
GDB

I really hope the Pats don't make the Super Bowl. So tired of them as a team. Brady and Billicheck need to retire already so we can stop hearing about them. If they make it, you know we'll have to suffer two weeks of "CAN HE GET A FOURTH RING!?!?!?"
Old 2014-01-13, 11:30   Link #8257
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

We got the conference matches that were most worthy. Want the Superbowl to go to the NFC preferably this year - the rise of Seattle and San Francisco under Carroll and Harbaugh have made for great matches aplenty. I'd be fine with Denver taking it though. Just want some great matches to round off an awesome season.
Old 2014-01-13, 12:34   Link #8258
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

No way Pats defense stops us last game we only lost because of Welker dropping a few passes and fucking up on that punt return in OT.

What have we done to anger the Football Gods because why do we have lost so many injuries Chris Harris & Von Miller both have torn acls
Old 2014-01-13, 14:38   Link #8259
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

The defense is what typically costs Manning games, this was pretty apparent with the Colts.

Anyways...

Broncos vs. 49ers/Seahawks SB and I'm good.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 15:21   Link #8260
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Reaper I hope our draft can end up somehow like this dream scenario:

*We hold the 3rd pick hostage and threaten Cleveland that we will draft Manziel if they don't trade us their second first rounder and second round pick.

Round 1: Khalil Mack - OLB - Buffalo
Round 1: Trent Murphy - DE - Stanford
Round 2: Tre Mason - RB - Auburn
Round 2: Gabe Jackson - OG - Mississippi State
Round 3: Brett Smith - QB - Wyoming
Round 4: Donte Moncrief - WR - Ole Miss
Round 4: Kelcy Quarles - NT/5T - South Carolina
Round 5: Gabe Ikard - C - Oklahoma
Round 5: Arthur Lynch - TE - Georgia
Round 5: Keith McGill - CB - Utah
Round 6: Jordan Zumwalt - OLB - UCLA
Round 7: Ben Gardner - DE - Stanford
Looks very impressive. I am still working on my mock draft.

There is one question mark though. At the first pick of the first round, I would prefer to take Clowney over Mack. Clowney, have been questioned for motivation, however he is an astounding talent and is still across the board the best prospect in the draft. He can be molded into any pass rusher, even LEO. At his size and speed, it would be a nightmare for defensive coordinators to defend him. Double teaming would result in our DT getting to the QB and single coverage will result in being blown apart. He is more flexible and has more skill set as well he plays in the SEC and remained dominate.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2014-01-13 at 16:38.

Tags
american football, sports