AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2018-08-10, 22:20   Link #8301
tsunade666

thanks for the update. so the battle between gods commence. though it's more like a game of tag currently. tag and tag of war. first to hit the opponent wins while the opponent drags you into his winning side.
Old 2018-08-13, 07:24   Link #8302
kari-no-sugata II

For those that haven't noticed already - latest chapter (How to kill a god) translation is up.

Couple of thoughts from recent chapters:

Shiro's ability to create books instantly - I can somehow imagine Sophia crying tears of blood that Shiro didn't use such things before, specifically to communicate with her better, heh.

Shiro is understandably pissed that D screwed her over. After all, it's only one day after the big battle. Surely she could have at least waited another day. On the other hand, Shiro makes it very very clear this chapter that if her one god-level weapon can be countered then she has no chance at all. She also believes that Gyurie attacked her in the way he did because he feared that weapon - meaning he doesn't have a way to counter it. Which also means that he probably would have tried to come up with a method, given enough time. So in that regard, time works against Shiro - if D had done the same thing a few months down the line maybe the result would have been very different.

Of course, it could also be D thinking "that was cool I want to see it again soon"...

It's also interesting comparing Shiro's thoughts on how to kill a god vs Potimas's. Consider how Potimas lured Ariel into his "field" (zone) then used the home advantage to try to kill her.

Also, here's a random idea I had yesterday: Shiro said she might be able to return 2-3 people back to Earth. Then consider which reincarnator group that is most likely to oppose Shiro - that would be Shun (and by extension Katia and Sue). The numbers just happen to fit. So perhaps the following happens: Shun decides to oppose Shiro and loses (surprise) but rather than Shiro killing him or letting him die when taking down the System she keeps him alive and transports him (and Katia and Sue) to Earth instead. Why would she do that? Well, maybe she'll make a promise with Oka-chan sensei to keep them secure and since they would be on the losing side, doing that would be a good way to keep them alive without her having to worry about them and so that they don't have any more motivation to oppose her. D would likely find it amusing too.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-13, 11:09   Link #8303
gn_X00

sending the trio to D's home for private tutoring is probably quite fun

D might also appreciate the new toys playmate that she can play with

on another note, really disappointed with Kuro. Expecting him to at least offer something as an alternative to Shiro's route, but he does nothing while disagreeing. whelp
Old 2018-08-13, 22:30   Link #8304
tsunade666

loser dragon can't help it. it's his last will of conviction because he didn't decide before when he goddess is in danger, he made a promise in her name to follow her will and shiro is going against that will, even if it will ultimately save the goddess. he didn't care. he lost the privilege to save the goddess when he didn't make his move before.
Old 2018-08-14, 01:07   Link #8305
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
That only natural since loser dragon is a LOSER~ despite being one of the strongest family of gods(lol) the dragons!

No matter what he do or what he come up with, it will always and always be a haft assed loser decision with nothing to gain but rather lose everything it is what his been doing ever since meeting Sariel our hopeless angel

In a sense he can say that coming to know that pitiful angel brought both good and very bad change on Kuro as dragon & as a person~

Anyway will we finally be able to witness(read) Loser dragons long awaited "FLYING LIZARD FORM?" In the next chapter!
Who would win!? Cosmic horror Spider VS A massive flying loser I mean Dragon!!
Would Kumo have a suprise like "this is not yet my final form" or what!?!?
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 05:13   Link #8306
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
loser dragon can't help it. it's his last will of conviction because he didn't decide before when he goddess is in danger, he made a promise in her name to follow her will and shiro is going against that will, even if it will ultimately save the goddess. he didn't care. he lost the privilege to save the goddess when he didn't make his move before.
Yup. You could say that he made his choice back when he decided to comply with Sariel's wishes that he not kill anyone, including Potimas. ie he and Sariel would rather "go down with the ship" rather than compromise. Which is rather illogical if you think about it since it means they will not longer be around to promote their views. In other words, by "dying for the cause" they're actually undermining their cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
In a sense he can say that coming to know that pitiful angel brought both good and very bad change on Kuro as dragon & as a person~
In a sense he went from one extreme to another. It's hard say which has been more harmful in practice.

Quote:
Anyway will we finally be able to witness(read) Loser dragons long awaited "FLYING LIZARD FORM?" In the next chapter!
I don't think we'll see Gyurie's dragon form until we get to the final stages of the battle.

Quote:
Who would win!? Cosmic horror Spider VS A massive flying loser I mean Dragon!! Would Kumo have a suprise like "this is not yet my final form" or what!?!?
I don't expect to see any shonen-like developments along those lines. Shiro herself says she doesn't have any other weapons but it's possible that other abilities will come into play later into the battle.
Old 2018-08-14, 10:02   Link #8307
ooPeaToo

The illustrations vol 9

vol 9 : https://imgur.com/a/EfXorRk
ooPeaToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 10:17   Link #8308
u2L2rQ

D looks so beautiful
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 11:07   Link #8309
lexlexz

^they look alike but at the same time dont look alike at all
though the flet expresion is the same
lexlexz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-14, 18:08   Link #8310
Chaserjacksaw
Outer God of Insomnia

Location: ..what is here?...W where is this?!?.... Who Em I!!!???~
Oi oi is it just me? Or I can feel the Ero atmosphere Between Vamp Girl and Mera?!?!?
Dont tell me in LN is Vamp girl x Mera?..ehhhhhh!!

So in LN Vamp girl meet Blow? Hey Mama Kumo what happen to that one line u said at WN version!?!?

....D is not that beautiful as a imagine....well for me~ maybe I just dont like the art style i guess?
Chaserjacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 06:04   Link #8311
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaserjacksaw View Post
Oi oi is it just me? Or I can feel the Ero atmosphere Between Vamp Girl and Mera?!?!?
Dont tell me in LN is Vamp girl x Mera?..ehhhhhh!!

So in LN Vamp girl meet Blow?
In the LN, when they reach the demon capital, Mera gets split off as before but Sophia isn't yet going to school though she is studying for it. So because of that she's still around in the mansion every day. However, Sophia has clear yandere tendencies anyway and misses Mera and feels lonely so ends up pestering Shiro a lot. Blow fell for Shiro at first sight and tries bringing her gifts regularly so naturally Sophia meets Blow.

That particular scene with Sophia and Mera is from near the end. You might just be able to see Wrath in the background, on the bed behind Ariel. This is after Sophia and Shiro stopped Wrath's rampage and he was recovering. Ariel brought Mera along to pacify Sophia, basically, and since she hasn't seen him in some time she's very dere-dere. (It's rather amusing...)

Quote:
Hey Mama Kumo what happen to that one line u said at WN version!?!?
Which line?

Quote:
....D is not that beautiful as a imagine....well for me~ maybe I just dont like the art style i guess?
I think the picture of D sitting in the chair is fine. The one with her sprawled doesn't work so well. The artist doesn't tend to do close-ups of the faces or add a lot of "glamour" either.

PS One thing I forgot to add about Shiro's battle With Gyurie - I wonder if this is Gyurie's first "real" fight? He'd likely have trained with other dragons back in the day at least but that wouldn't be "real". It obviously wasn't possible for him to have a "real" fight with Sariel or D (they're just too strong) and everyone else except Shiro would be too weak.
Old 2018-08-15, 07:05   Link #8312
tsunade666

hmm hmm hmm....... D reminds me of that girl from high school of the dead. that katana girl? that is the feel I got from her.

welp, shadows should only be color black and there shouldn't be anything there.

>_> looks at D's shadow.... <_<
Old 2018-08-15, 09:08   Link #8313
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
hmm hmm hmm....... D reminds me of that girl from high school of the dead. that katana girl? that is the feel I got from her.
I've not read/seen that.

Quote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. Looks like someone misused the reflection tool... Not the first time there's been some awkward bits in the images.

New chapter out btw. Shiro won't explain the battle much because it's too boring! God battle = boring, who knew!? Is Gyurie up to something or is he just an idiot? An age old question...
Old 2018-08-15, 09:17   Link #8314
sierra117
Harem Seeker

it had been a while since i read it but D wore classes? damn, i want to see it
Quote:

i think that's the chair's shadow
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 15:40   Link #8315
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
it had been a while since i read it but D wore classes? damn, i want to see it
I presume you mean glasses. In the second image you can see her holding a pair.

Quote:
i think that's the chair's shadow
It is but it has some of D's features in the shadow as well, as if it's a reflection.

Anyway, with the Shiro vs Kuro fight set to take a LONG time that's going to have some interesting effects. If the pope can quickly rally the world together it would put Shiro's side in trouble. I wonder if Shiro will do anything to communicate with anyone during the battle (should be possible for her).
Old 2018-08-15, 18:42   Link #8316
tsunade666

it's a long battle? as expected. this battle becomes like what shiro did to kuro. she remove him before to give her some time and now, it's the same. kuro sacrifice himself to give the world some time.

but you know what?

I think this would only make shiro stronger. if he absorb/steal/kill kuro, her energy level won't be the bottom of the bottom for the God levels.

I'm worried for Ariel.
Old 2018-08-15, 18:51   Link #8317
kari-no-sugata II

Translation for latest chapter is up.

Yeah, I'm worried about Ariel too. Definitely a chance someone will betray them or assassins will be sent if Ariel's weakness is known. If I was Shiro I'd ask the others to have a 24/7 guard on her and from the strongest available too.

Would it be better to stay where they are or try to move back? Probably better to stay and dig in. It's a naturally defensive place and it's not like anywhere else would be safe.

I wonder what's up with Kuro. If I had to guess it's that he's actually unused to real battles. He's probably also not used to Shiro's tactics. Kuro's dragon barrier would probably be something that would normally force the opponent to come to him, turning it into a close quarters battle. But Shiro's simply playing for time so isn't attacking.
Old 2018-08-15, 20:15   Link #8318
Peridot Crystal Clod
YOU CLOOOODS!!

Let’s not forget that Shiro kinda gave Oka a book with basically ALL info about her own plans and even about the world? If that book is to fall in to the wrong hands that would put her into some sort of disadvantage isn’t it?
Peridot Crystal Clod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-15, 21:33   Link #8319
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peridot Crystal Clod View Post
Let’s not forget that Shiro kinda gave Oka a book with basically ALL info about her own plans and even about the world? If that book is to fall in to the wrong hands that would put her into some sort of disadvantage isn’t it?
Why should it? To Shiro, the only one that can amount to anything are Shittymas and Administrators like her, now shittymas is dead, only Kuro and Sariel can affect her plan in any meaningful way, the remaining reincarnators and humans are just fodders
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-16, 01:47   Link #8320
tsunade666

it's like you guys had forgotten that D is such a nasty God. she included ways to kill or fight gods inside her mini game/system. shiro even said it twice to make a point about it.

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation