AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-14, 18:58   Link #821
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for Episode 12:

Last edited by Sinestra; 2006-10-14 at 19:11.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 19:38   Link #822
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Those of us who do read the manga realize that the manga has made a turn for the worse (not in terms of story quality, but in terms of the lives of its characters). Since it is quite obvious that they are going to be unable to put all the content of the manga into the anime, they're slowly changing its direction with the few changes here and there.

I do trust Gonzo, however, despite their reputation, to end this series well. I was quite satisfied with how they ended Gantz despite its still-running manga. I do wish they end it with a real ending: I want a proper resolution as well as the main characters having improved their lives even a little bit. But I guess with the bleak outlook of Takimoto that would be simply a dream.

There are still ten episodes remaining that are unsubbed - this has only been the fourteenth. I wished they focused more on the romantic relationships among Satou, Misaki, and Hitomi. We do realize that in the end, Satou wishes to end up with Hitomi more than Misaki, and that despite that the gravity of what Hitomi did to Satou was more severe than what Misaki did, he never regretted or turn his back to Hitomi: he even wished her true happiness despite about to combust internally because of the pain. I like watching such great tragedy, especially because it's akin to good books.

I know I want Hitomi and Satou to end up together because we'll see later on that they truly deserve each other - Satou's all for letting Hitomi stand up and be happy, while Hitomi can live with Satou's propping. The existence of Hitomi is enough for Satou - but I guess it's all up to Takimoto to end this.

Oh, I wish.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 23:16   Link #823
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I wonder how Misaki would act if Satou really did hit her. I am kind of scared of knowing, but it would bring us one step closer to truth if Satou really does that.

I feel sorry for her. I mean, at least she told Satou the truth about why she was doing what she was.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 04:46   Link #824
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

For some reason Physics.. i get the feeling you just want NHK to be a romantic love sotry. We may get the hint of romance now and then - but there's no way in hell thats the main purpose of the original story. =/
Old 2006-10-15, 05:56   Link #825
Romuska
Big Ghibli Fan

I'm starting to get scared that this is going to turn into a really really dark series. It'll be Now and Then Here and There all over again. What starts out as a seemingly innocent story about growing up, turns out to be one of the most disturbing animes I've ever seen. Hopefully it won't go down that path, but it's getting to a point where I can't imagine this show having a happy ending.
Romuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 06:21   Link #826
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
For some reason Physics.. i get the feeling you just want NHK to be a romantic love sotry. We may get the hint of romance now and then - but there's no way in hell thats the main purpose of the original story. =/
Don't take me wrongly.

I want the characters to end up with someone that could make them happy, because I want the end to be happy, and it may be through a 'romantic love story.' For all the pain Satou's experienced in his world I want him to see a glimpse of heaven here on earth.

What is the purpose of the original story? It would probably differ from person to person because any medium is open to interpretation. Poets do not like talking about their works because it is only their interpretation, what they thought at that time, and not exactly the ideas that reached different readers differently. The most 'scientific' way students of literature (a form of media) analyze what was written is through the text. Often, they don't analyze it in terms of what message the author tried to deliver (but they do, sometimes), and they don't analyze it in terms of what it said for them (but they do, sometimes). The purpose of any medium differs with every viewer (in this case) - so there's similarly no way in hell you could say what that main purpose was.
Old 2006-10-15, 06:37   Link #827
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
heres my take on the purpose of the story...
a struggling and helpless young man trying to escape from his pitifulness while finding bumps and scrapes along that path which eventually leads up to him finding his perfect match and is released from a life of hell and pointlessness

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 08:22   Link #828
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 14 was quite interesting. I just tought the first scene(where Satou almost hit Misaki)was a bit weird... I mean, Satou dosen't look like that king of guy IMO. It was nice to see what happened with the other guys that where in the offline meeting. Everything is well when it ends well. =]

And now it's time for MMORPG.

I keep wondering how the end of this will be.
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 09:13   Link #829
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
from a life of hell and pointlessness
Just so you can understand - Satou's life is not pointless, no life is pointless at all. We all do what we do for a reason~
Old 2006-10-15, 09:54   Link #830
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ i should rephrase that...i dnt mean that life in general is pointless but what he is doing to it that is making his exsistance pointless...satou is wasting his life away doing nothing at all ~ that itself is pointless

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 10:32   Link #831
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ i should rephrase that...i dnt mean that life in general is pointless but what he is doing to it that is making his exsistance pointless...satou is wasting his life away doing nothing at all ~ that itself is pointless
Ah well, i don't want to start a argument or anything, i just don't believe that Satou's life is pointless. :3

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-10-15 at 14:28.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 12:17   Link #832
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
What is the purpose of the original story? It would probably differ from person to person because any medium is open to interpretation. Poets do not like talking about their works because it is only their interpretation, what they thought at that time, and not exactly the ideas that reached different readers differently. The most 'scientific' way students of literature (a form of media) analyze what was written is through the text. Often, they don't analyze it in terms of what message the author tried to deliver (but they do, sometimes), and they don't analyze it in terms of what it said for them (but they do, sometimes). The purpose of any medium differs with every viewer (in this case) - so there's similarly no way in hell you could say what that main purpose was.
You can't say with 100% certainty what the purpose was but you can take a pretty good guess with some shows. Most shows make it pretty clear if they are a "gratuitous fanservive with no meaning" show or a show that actually has some sort of a point to it. Maybe we can't be sure what the author and creators wanted the message to be but I think we can say that NHK wasn't intended to be just a romantic comedy that appeals to emotions and stays safely within the comfort box of expectations. That doesn't mean that no one in NHK will end up happy in the end but it's a hard call to make either way.
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 18:02   Link #833
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

What I meant was that the purpose of the show from person to person differs; in this sense, the purpose that Shiroth means is not necessarily the only purpose in the show. I for one wish for a happy ending because it would already be too tragic if Satou ended up the recluse for the rest of his life ... for me anyway.
Old 2006-10-15, 18:09   Link #834
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm with the anime/manga & novel acting diferently in terms of story telling, i can see us getting different endings for each one.

For the anime, lets throw away the thought of only 8 (shall be watching episode 15 soon) episodes left, i can easily see a happy ending happening.. its hard to say if it'll be a perfect one, but its just the way it'll probably turn out. The thought of a second season has never crossed my mind.. mainly 'cause i don't see how they'd end the first for a second to happen - anyone have any idea's?
Old 2006-10-15, 18:16   Link #835
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Will there only be 23 episodes? I thought there was 24.

They would probably end at chapter 21 - that's the most logical ending I see coming, but of course, they're going to add additional information that would make it even better as an ending. Perhaps there won't be any resolution with the main characters themselves but that's really how I see it.
Old 2006-10-15, 18:21   Link #836
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Yes there are 24 episodes, i just didn't count in episode 15 'cause it airs today.

Quote:
They would probably end at chapter 21 - that's the most logical ending I see coming, but of course, they're going to add additional information that would make it even better as an ending. Perhaps there won't be any resolution with the main characters themselves but that's really how I see it.
Hmm, i can see that ending - its just, i can also see a new ending appearing from new material. =/
Old 2006-10-15, 19:23   Link #837
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Double post, please delete. ^^;;

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-10-15 at 19:55.
Old 2006-10-15, 19:46   Link #838
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

Cant see that happening they are defiently moving towards a conclusion and yes it will be diffrent from the manga but i dont we will have any loose ends, IMO everything will be wrapped up at least i hope so i would be very pissed with an open ending. My primary concern is Satous and Hitomi's relationship and where it could go
Old 2006-10-15, 19:55   Link #839
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

So, we're back the manga's track and straight into the world of the obsessive/life destory mmorpg (i bet you're thinking this is something Satou doesn't need :3). At least this way its starts him of on the road to what could be a job..

Anyway - time for a quick lil' run down. First of all it looks as if the art style has changed in a few shots. Maybe a different artist was added to the team.. though i have to admit, it goes well with the games style - or maybe it was just added for the action scenes? Also, there seems to be a few new tracks played within the episode - that could easily been the way to a second OST. <3

They've pretty much sticked to the manga's path with this one, with a few added scene's here and there to pretty much push the story along. Best part has to be the team talk, 'cause i could easily see Kashiwa playing & wearing that costume. :3

Talking about the music - two songs by Kenji Otsuki and Fumihiko Kitsutaka (behind the first ED) appeared in this episode, that do indeed appear on the ED single. Named - Nippon biki Komori Kyoukai no Theme & Odoru Dame Ningen 2006.

As for the next episode - its time for to see just how insane/crazy Misaki really is.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-10-15 at 20:26.
Old 2006-10-15, 20:58   Link #840
fli_guy84

Ah just finished watching ep 14. Wow that ep is awesome

Off to watching ep 15

PS: Anyone knows who's the singer for that Pururin song?
fli_guy84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, psychological