AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-02, 04:03   Link #821
ItachiGT
Banned

I wish Gantz is for real!

Pretty cool, it doesn't matter how heavy you are injured as long as you don't die.
At the end of the game you will be completely restored.

I wann join the "Gantz-Game"!!!
Old 2007-08-02, 07:47   Link #822
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

actually I have read the whole thing and the only time aliens seems to act aggressively is when they are attacked, hell even the dinosaur aliens just sit around all day pretending to be exhibits. and the temple aliens also wanted to know why, if you take a step back and look at this objectively the players are always the aggressors. for all we know the aliens are just interstellar tourists.
Old 2007-08-02, 10:05   Link #823
gameboy234

The latest chapter indeed is very good. Pretty of faith in oku. Glad that ItachiGT is still following gantz. The latest act is awesome!! I think oku have done a good job to hype the vampire.
Old 2007-08-02, 12:00   Link #824
samurai666
破壊大帝

It seems that I'm going to have to go back and read some chapters and yes some of the aliens weren't doing anything at the time but come on "tourists" they were obviously planning something sinister with their disguises. Even the Gantz machine has described some of the aliens as angry or evil. Lets not forget the Oni alien saga which included the vampires, those shape shifters killed many bystanders.
Old 2007-08-02, 17:02   Link #825
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Quote:
Even the Gantz machine has described some of the aliens as angry or evil.
is this the same gantz ball that called katou: katouchan ::lol:: and kishimoto ::titz:: is that the descriptive powers we are discussing?

yes they killed bystanders things like that happen when people in black suits charge at you with guns and swords on funky round motorcycles starting a battle in the middle of a city. I am not anti player I am just pointing out that while this is a great story we have seen little outside of personal motivations from the player. The grand scheme of things is still really obscure and we could make all sorts of suppositions based on the clues we have. are the aliens tourists? probably not but wearing a disguise doesn't make you an intersteller terrorist... maybe they are intergalactic trick or treaters?
Old 2007-08-03, 01:19   Link #826
samurai666
破壊大帝

Ok I read a few of the past chapters and really I'd probably have to re-read the entire thing to expand this debate but it's clear that the vampires for example do not fit your description. If I remember correctly Nishi and Izumi fought the vamps before and did not successfully eliminate them and as we know if aliens are not defeated entirely the will come back.

Someone mentioned something about the Gantz ball wanted to protect the Earth bit that clearly could not be the case as he could give players better weapons than the garbage guns they are given to start with as well as better suits (something that would protect against sharp object such as swords and acid). The Gantz ball could also do a better job of selecting players if it really wanted to protect Earth but as we've seen throughout the manga, half to 2/3 of the people selected are useless, don;t forget that animals such as a dog and a panda also found their way into the room. This really can't be more than a game in my opinion, it wouldn't make any sense.
Old 2007-08-03, 08:56   Link #827
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai666 View Post
Ok I read a few of the past chapters and really I'd probably have to re-read the entire thing to expand this debate but it's clear that the vampires for example do not fit your description. If I remember correctly Nishi and Izumi fought the vamps before and did not successfully eliminate them and as we know if aliens are not defeated entirely the will come back.

Someone mentioned something about the Gantz ball wanted to protect the Earth bit that clearly could not be the case as he could give players better weapons than the garbage guns they are given to start with as well as better suits (something that would protect against sharp object such as swords and acid). The Gantz ball could also do a better job of selecting players if it really wanted to protect Earth but as we've seen throughout the manga, half to 2/3 of the people selected are useless, don;t forget that animals such as a dog and a panda also found their way into the room. This really can't be more than a game in my opinion, it wouldn't make any sense.

From from an "economically" point of view Gantz wouldn't want to give the "best stuff" to everyone since it is expensive - if there really is a value to those items. Second of all... i think the better weapons are more incentives for people who sees it "as a game" so they can get better stuff. For example, we seen thos huge guns used by the osaka people - probably gotten because they all wanted "powerful weapon" as a reward. we have yet to see what special stuff the guy who cleared "7?" times has. Perhaps he has a better suit or perhaps better invisibility.
Old 2007-08-07, 10:55   Link #828
gameboy234

Here a question to u all. What is the ability of the vampire? Why is it that the female vampire look as if she is dieing after losing her arm? Wasn't vampire supposed to be immortal or special?
(apologise for the poor english )
Old 2007-08-07, 10:57   Link #829
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Here a question to u all. What is the ability of the vampire? Why is it that the female vampire look as if she is dieing after losing her arm? Wasn't vampire supposed to be immortal or special?
Bloodloss maybe? Vampires need blood to live so maybe that's why. Plus they are not really "vampires" in the sense that we havent seen them sucking blood or anything and they certainly dont have supernatural powers of one. Anyway, she probably fainted from the bloodloss more than anything else though.
Old 2007-08-07, 13:29   Link #830
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We've seen them drinking blood numerous times, that's why they're called Vampires. As for their abilities, they can create weapons out of their bodies, and they are stronger and faster than most humans. I think they're also immortal (in the sense they won't ever grow old, they still can die from injuries fatal to humans). Pretty much everything about them was explained during the chapters introducing Kurono's brother.
Old 2007-08-07, 17:24   Link #831
Mykas
Wu Di Jin Gang Tui

Well generally speaking I am guessing that vampires like anything gain power with age and experience. That girl vampire is a new, the guy has been around a long long time.
Old 2007-08-07, 17:30   Link #832
Itachi-evil
Banned

Well it doesn't really matter how heavy you are injured anyways,as long you don't die until the end of the mission.

That is the good thing about Gantz
Old 2007-08-09, 13:42   Link #833
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Here's my guess, by making it look like she died but without actually stating so, Oku can bring her back without it being another miracle (like the guy that appearantly didn't die from getting his torso pierced by an arm). It would seem weird indeed, if she died from the loss of an arm, I certainly hope she stays since I like her character design and her interchange with the other vampire in the previous chapter seemed like it might be leeding somewhere.

Anyway, I'm enjoying this arc, all I want is Kurono and Tae back in the storyline. For me ever since they got together, their relationship became the cornerstone of the manga, and it's sorely missed. Also, gimme some Nishi.
Old 2007-08-11, 18:51   Link #834
samurai666
破壊大帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon_ View Post
in the sense they won't ever grow old
We know this is not true due to one of the vampiress that was killed by Izumi.
Old 2007-08-12, 05:51   Link #835
Itachi-evil
Banned

......wtf?!

The new chapter is really boring a real turn-down.

Just steadily introducing new characters but no plot or character-developement at all.

This is really getting boring now.

The chapter 255 is the peak, i will drop it definitely now.

Somehow the author lost his focus and passion oin Gantz, you can read, see and feel it.

Bye.
Old 2007-08-14, 04:52   Link #836
xfool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachi-evil View Post
......wtf?!

The new chapter is really boring a real turn-down.

Just steadily introducing new characters but no plot or character-developement at all.

This is really getting boring now.

The chapter 255 is the peak, i will drop it definitely now.

Somehow the author lost his focus and passion oin Gantz, you can read, see and feel it.

Bye.
well the whole mission is quite boring ,really hope it end soon so they can get Kurono back. Theres too much forcus on the Osaka team and most of the old(Tokyo) team members are neglected. The Osaka team seem to have gone through a lot of missions but most of them are killed rather easily here
Old 2007-08-14, 08:10   Link #837
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfool View Post
well the whole mission is quite boring ,really hope it end soon so they can get Kurono back. Theres too much forcus on the Osaka team and most of the old(Tokyo) team members are neglected. The Osaka team seem to have gone through a lot of missions but most of them are killed rather easily here
Those 3 probably grunts anyway... and stupid for them to toss their guns away... I think it is nice to have the Osaka team story and introduce new characters and new insights into Gantz - they will no doubt give us/the tokyo team some info. This 2nd arc is called "stage 2" so I think it is ok to replace Kurono and not have him back for a bit. Maybe stage 3 is kurono back and they all beat gantz..
Old 2007-08-14, 09:38   Link #838
Eurys
Crush me. ~Ringo

I like this new arc
I'm really glad Katou is back and that he will probably be the focus of this arc.
It's obvious we'll see the Tokyo team at one point, and I guess we'll have a mix of the Osaka team and the Tokyo team (definitely Katou and the vampire) against the 3 bosses.

I just wonder if we'll see the Osaka people after this mission (their daily lives and their backgrounds, if they survive) or if we'll only focus on the Tokyo team (with the next mission at another place)...
Old 2007-09-02, 17:32   Link #839
NakedAngelX

I think the people producing this series are running out of good plot ideas for the time being. After the whole revival thing, the story kind of lost its intense feeling, the once desperate situation are not that desperate anymore. Though the arc of Kei with his new gf was pretty good. 9/10 before Kei decided to get out of the Gantz game.

Its been going downhill ever since. Hope they pick up the pace >.<
Old 2007-09-03, 10:38   Link #840
sumowow

All i know is that i feel bad for the people in the gantz game. I mean come on, putting people to fight against their will. Even old people and children are'nt safe. Also the aliens do seem to be docile at times but these new aliens they're fighting now were killing so many people if you can call them aliens that is.
Closed Thread