AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-06-20, 17:16   Link #821
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He had a complete backup in 73. He just took that back. Or at least that's what he said. But yeah, he may not need to use magic now since, as you said, he's the strongest guy on Earth at the moment.

But yeah, Vegeta really should've just killed him when he had the chance.
Old 2020-07-20, 14:57   Link #822
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Damn, that was starting to look really grim. Is this the first time in DBS where such serious wound was inflincted on a main character?
Also yea, they definitely dont want Fusions to be a thing in this arc either...
Old 2020-07-20, 16:01   Link #823
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Is this the first time in DBS where such serious wound was inflincted on a main character?
RIP Yamcha.

But in all seriousness, this arc just got boring. He now has 73's power, and apparently it was his in the first place, and he now has no time limit. So he's just like every other damned villain after Frieza and will regenerate from any otherwise damaging attack.

Logically this means Vegeta's technique now does nothing. But it'll still probably work because reasons.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 17:15   Link #824
justavisitor

Some random thoughts:
Picoolo: It's useless to go fusion! (meanwhile the fused Moro has no problem toying with Vegeta and dodging the forced fission technique)

Speaking of Vegeta, the proclaimed battle genius once again charges alone so others can see how strong Moro really is

It will never change, but Goku has been too relaxed ever since the beginning of buu saga. He has been dead before and he knows what does the afterlife look like, but he should now remember that got punched through a hole in the body is still a painful way to die. Hopefully there will be no more "Hey Vegeta, it's my turn now!", but who I am kidding?

Gohan's punch filled with anger is just as effective as his father in law punching Cell back then

Dende: I only have enough time to save one, who should I choose? Gohan is my buddy and he has the biggest potential!

Picoolo with his last sentence before he dies: This is Dragonball super! not DBZ!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-20, 18:09   Link #825
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Merus and one other Angel have come to the rescue. It's most likely Whis.

I wonder what Whis will do. Revive Goku and heal the others? But if that's all he does, it won't really help them beat the current Moro. He might turn back time to before Moro fused with 73 and heal Goku, then give him and the others a chance to kill Moro before he fuses with 73. But might be a bit too predictable (I wonder if that matters?).

I guess there's no for Goku to master Ultra Instinct right after getting revived (if Whis can do this) unless Whis has some way help him do it.
Old 2020-07-20, 18:40   Link #826
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The violence is sweet and all (and no, not the first time a good guy received such a grievous wound, in fact Goku's wound look really similar to the one Piccolo gave him during their fight) but otherwise this chapter is terrible. Moro is such a massive disappointment. He started out with a lot of potential: he had a unique design and was said to be a sorcerer from millions of years ago meaning unique powers. His design gradually became less unique until it's now generic DB design, and his powers which were never original have now become generic as well since he just uses the good guys' techniques just like Cell or Boo once did.

It doesn't even make sense for Moro to weaken the good guys. He keeps saying he's here to eat them, and clearly the more energy they have, the better the meal, so why not initiate his energy absorption technique which only UIO Goku can dodge? Instead he let them waste their energy and put them on the brink of death. Oh and I can get why the time limit wouldn't apply to his own powers since they were his to begin with, but what's the logic behind him being able to keep all the abilities he copies permanently?

All that lecturing and Whis openly helps Dende. Tell me again how he isn't a hypocrite? He probably won't do anything more, but it's still interference.
Old 2020-07-20, 18:45   Link #827
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Whis' excuse might be that Dende is Earth's God. But that probably takes some mental gymnastics to reason through.

You're right on everything else.
Old 2020-07-20, 19:11   Link #828
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

All that lecturing and Whis openly helps Dende. Tell me again how he isn't a hypocrite? He probably won't do anything more, but it's still interference.
Whis's cloth in front has some geometry shape-liked decoration. The one we see doesn't. It's more like what Merus wears as an angle.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2020-07-20, 19:52   Link #829
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mother of plot armors. If Goku doesn't survive to that big hole (even bigger than the Makankosappo) , he will reach his fourth death.
Old 2020-07-21, 06:44   Link #830
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Whis's cloth in front has some geometry shape-liked decoration. The one we see doesn't. It's more like what Merus wears as an angle.
Dende recognized the person who helped him, did he meet Merus before? I can't remember.
Old 2020-07-21, 09:24   Link #831
justavisitor

Quote:
Dende recognized the person who helped him, did he meet Merus before? I can't remember.
I don't remember either. But I thought Dende has an ability to know most of the things even tho he is not present. He is an Earth God after all
Old 2020-07-21, 18:13   Link #832
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I don't remember either. But I thought Dende has an ability to know most of the things even tho he is not present. He is an Earth God after all
That's true. He could have seen Goku and Vegeta get knocked out by Merus when he came to Earth.
Old 2020-07-21, 18:46   Link #833
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If he's doing it under Beerus's request, it's technically not breaking the rules.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-21, 21:25   Link #834
Galaxian

Can we all agree that this arc should have focused on Vegeta, his guilt over his actions during the original Namek saga, his desire for atonement, the fact that despite all the good he has done he still believes himself irredeemable, and that this arc should have ended with Vegeta defeating Moro with the Spirit Fission technique?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-22, 11:11   Link #835
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
This arc should end with someone bringing Broly, that would be fun.
Old 2020-07-22, 11:14   Link #836
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
If he's doing it under Beerus's request, it's technically not breaking the rules.
It's probably just Merus. Maybe with Beerus' and/or Whis' permission. But yeah.
Old 2020-08-20, 10:42   Link #837
Galaxian

Once again, the manga misses it's exit.

the best route would have been Vegeta beating Moro. Having failed that, Merus sacrificing himself to defeat Moro would have have been acceptable, but no instead Merus sacrifices himself to just weaken Moro and trigger Master UI on Goku...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-20, 11:21   Link #838
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

If this just ends with MUI Goku beating Moro and Vegeta not doing anything, I'm going to be mad.

Merus getting erased was pretty much a given, and I suppose they couldn't have a guy who just showed up this arc be the one to beat the big bad, so having him seal off Moro's copy ability is something at least. It will definitely make the fight a lot easier.

Glad it was clarified that Angels are allowed to act if their God of Destruction asks them to, even if it means picking a side.
Old 2020-08-20, 15:17   Link #839
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
... Having failed that, Merus sacrificing himself to defeat Moro would have have been acceptable, but no instead Merus sacrifices himself to just weaken Moro and trigger Master UI on Goku...
I know, eh? If you have to vanish anyway, might as well take Moro with you...Well, guess we could convince ourselves that, the more real power Merus is going to use, the faster he will disappear, so that is the best Merus can do...

Quote:
If this just ends with MUI Goku beating Moro and Vegeta not doing anything, I'm going to be mad.
Even if Vegeta is going to do something, his new technique is already a moot point. You can't catch a much more powerful fused opponent for your technique to take effect, and you don't need that technique against a fused opponent that is much weaker than you. The best way to use this new technique is to be a faithful Goku's sidekick, let the much more powerful UI Goku to distract the opponent so you can sneak in and make it work...poor Vegeta
Old 2020-08-20, 21:39   Link #840
Wandering Soul

RIP Merus. It's too bad that in the end you merely existed to weaken Moro and help Goku master UI so he can solve everything.

Tags
donkan mc