AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-20, 07:10   Link #821
MalakTawus

There is no indication that Teresa was half-awakened,she was just a "normal" warrior.
About how strong Teresa would have been an awakened Teresa if she was alive now.........i prefer to avoid this discussion for now,lol.
Old 2011-10-20, 07:16   Link #822
Gooral
Banned

On an unrelated to the discussion note, 21st volume of Claymore will be out in December. I wonder who will be on the cover (and undercovers) this time. I'm hoping to see Cassandra/Roxanne/Hysteria. Worst case scenario it will be Raki since he was present in 3/6 chapters this volume consists of.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:03   Link #823
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

I have to say that (after the preoccupation with interpersonal issues was mostly set aside ,) Elandyll, Nixl, and Shiek927 have performed quite a feat: carrying on a meaningul discussion on Priscilla without it devolving into the usual "vs Teresa" partisanship. I guess slow times can be good for somewhat less heated examination of polarizing topics. I almost wish I wasn't as lazy to participate as I am these days, because I've always found her to be an interesting character, but most of the time it seems near impossible to have a rational discussion about her here, something that doesn't quickly turn into a NOIMRITE! SHEEVIL! TERESA#1! farce. In any case, thanks for the interlude, guys.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:21   Link #824
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
I have to say that (after the preoccupation with interpersonal issues was mostly set aside ,) Elandyll, Nixl, and Shiek927 have performed quite a feat: carrying on a meaningul discussion on Priscilla without it devolving into the usual "vs Teresa" partisanship. I guess slow times can be good for somewhat less heated examination of polarizing topics. I almost wish I wasn't as lazy to participate as I am these days, because I've always found her to be an interesting character, but most of the time it seems near impossible to have a rational discussion about her here, something that doesn't quickly turn into a NOIMRITE! SHEEVIL! TERESA#1! farce. In any case, thanks for the interlude, guys.
It's really not as hard as it seems

Thing about Priscilla's power, is that it's too indefinite at this time -- we definitely have a clear idea of where to go, but if my last debate with Elandyll has shown, is that it's not worth it to try to put a number on it (just yet anyway); it's too up in the air. I tried for the sake of simplicity, bringing up an old ratio I came up with using logic as well as my own interpretations and whatnot, and, unsurprisingly, it opened a can of worms which I should have seen coming a mile away -- my attempts to deliberately avoid a deep discussion backfired completely, though, as I said, I should have seen it coming. Laziness is pretty much me as well - this is the biggest debate I've been in, in a long time, though it's not also just laziness, but more that their's little I haven't talked about that hasn't already been delved into a 1000x over - which is why I just take the easy way out and just post so many links, and why I usually only write big when a new chapter comes out.

Bringing up Teresa wouldn't be worth it because, really, her power is even more unknown then Priscilla -- trying to explain a vague level of power with one even more vague, just would be silly. It just gets into a huge interpretation battle and, at least with this new one also including Nixl, I'm intentionally trying to stay away from that; especially since I now know that Elandyll and I have many opposite views on alot of things and tackling them all one by one...is something for another day. If anything, that's also what the versus debates usually end up as -- every single one, has simply ended up becoming that, and since nobody wants to drop their point-of-view, they always end without an answer (which, perhaps is better).

....Besides, in general, you'll notice that our discussion hasn't been about Priscilla's power so much just her in general, and her way of being; it is possible guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral
On an unrelated to the discussion note, 21st volume of Claymore will be out in December. I wonder who will be on the cover (and undercovers) this time. I'm hoping to see Cassandra/Roxanne/Hysteria. Worst case scenario it will be Raki since he was present in 3/6 chapters this volume consists of.
I doubt Raki will be on it, he's already been on one previously with Priscilla -- making a cover with the new characters seems too good to pass up; I'd be surprised if the cover was anything else but them.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2011-10-20 at 08:31.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:33   Link #825
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
...Besides, in general, you'll notice that our discussion hasn't been about Priscilla's power so much just her in general, and her way of being; it is possible guys
Exactly, but 99.9% of the time (not exaggerating much, I think ) someone will quickly turn it into a power level debate (or worse, into some form of SHEKILLEDTERESA-YURUSANAI!) and that's pretty much it then... So it's refreshing to see it not happening, even if the debate is otherwise contentious. I wouldn't call myself a Priscilla fan per se, but since she is a pivotal and complicated character, it's quite tedious to see reason take a backseat whenever she's talked about.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:43   Link #826
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yononaka View Post
Exactly, but 99.9% of the time (not exaggerating much, I think ) someone will quickly turn it into a power level debate (or worse, into some form of SHEKILLEDTERESA-YURUSANAI!) and that's pretty much it then... So it's refreshing to see it not happening, even if the debate is otherwise contentious. I wouldn't call myself a Priscilla fan per se, but since she is a pivotal and complicated character, it's quite tedious to see reason take a backseat whenever she's talked about.
No, you're not exaggerating

Well, if the story is gonna focus on her and Claire soon, It looks like people are not gonna have a choice anymore in the near future. Hopefully the relative peace of this debate is how those will turn out
Old 2011-10-20, 09:04   Link #827
Nixl

I agree with Gooral I want either Roxanne or Cassandra on the cover. I do not think it will be Raki though since he had his "farewell page with Priscilla not too long ago. Besides, I think Yagi is wanting to emphasize his new characters as we have had a Dietrich and an Anastasia cover.
Old 2011-10-20, 15:17   Link #828
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
So if awakened Priscilla is said powerful, then imagine how overpowered Teresa would have been if she had lived up till now. assuming we use her battle with Priscilla as a benchmark for the amount of Yoki they possess, then Priscilla would be nothing more than a fly to an awakened Teresa. No wonder yagi had to kill her off. Sad but probably true.
Not necessarily, Teresa was the greatest claymore that ever lived. I'm sure that with around 30% yoki release Teresa could kill awakened priscilla. However, i do not know if awakened Teresa would be stronger than awakened priscilla. AB Teresa would probably win against AB priscilla, But Priscilla does have more Yoki than Teresa.

another thought, If Cassandra awakens and is killed somehow the organization could use the pieces of her flesh to revive other #1's. Or possible make some really strong Abyssal feeders.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-10-20 at 16:06.
Old 2011-10-20, 15:52   Link #829
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Not necessarily, Teresa was the greatest claymore that ever lived. I'm sure that with around 30% yoki release Teresa could kill awakened priscilla. However, i do not know if awakened Teresa would be stronger than awakened priscilla. AB Teresa would probably win against AB priscilla, But Priscilla does have more Yoki than Teresa.

anther thought, If Cassandra awakens and is killed somehow the organization could use the pieces of her flesh to revive other #1's. Or possible make some really strong Abyssal feeders.
You might be on to something. What is Scar-face thinking? He clearly expected his 3 #1 to awaken, so how does that benefit him?
Old 2011-10-20, 17:03   Link #830
MalakTawus

I want cross-Miria in the cover!

.....but i admit that a cover with those 3 n.1 will be great too.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:34   Link #831
Nixl

Yikes, it's already the Oct. 20th. Time flies when LSAT scores will be released any day now.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:49   Link #832
Demon6666

Quote:
, But Priscilla does have more Yoki than Teresa.

That's open for interpretation as we really have no way to know this really. .

But how would you explain Teresa's domination in their fight? She possessed more strength using 10% of her yoki while Priscilla was at her limit. Perhaps Priscilla was just terrible at controlling the power while Teresa fought with upmost efficiency?
Old 2011-10-20, 17:55   Link #833
Nixl

I am put at unease by a potential power-levels discussion, but for the most part it will probably remain unknown Demon6666. Although I will say that,

1. Teresa had a special ability, while Priscilla had nothing.
2. Priscilla was a rookie in both combat and controlling youki, which perhaps can partially seen as to why she hit her limit so easily.
3. Even if Teresa had the smaller youki she could still have won. Yoki make not be the end all be all. For instance, Claire took advantage against that male AB in the Slasher's arc with her sensory skill even though her yoki was smaller.
Old 2011-10-20, 17:56   Link #834
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon6666 View Post
That's open for interpretation as we really have no way to know this really. .

But how would you explain Teresa's domination in their fight? She possessed more strength using 10% of her yoki while Priscilla was at her limit. Perhaps Priscilla was just terrible at controlling the power while Teresa fought with upmost efficiency?
Yeah thats probably right. Teresa was a very experienced warrior while priscilla was not. Priscilla had barely learned how to control her yoki. Teresa was also just an all around better fighter and warrior.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-20, 18:01   Link #835
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Yeah, you are absolutely right! Teresa is the best!
I know this is what you really meant to say.

How can anyone resist her?!

Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-20, 18:05   Link #836
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I know this is what you really meant to say.
Well of Course

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-20, 18:43   Link #837
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl
1. Teresa had a special ability, while Priscilla had nothing.
natural yoki suppression and exponential growth doesn't count?
Old 2011-10-20, 18:54   Link #838
Teresa4ever

Quote:
No.
Especially NO, because it is priscilla.

Priscilla's yoki supression didn't mean anything once Teresa actually put a little effort into the fight. And then Priscilla released her yoki so it really didn't matter even more.
Old 2011-10-20, 19:00   Link #839
Nixl

Quote:
I would not say so Shieky. Perhaps it would be better if I stated technique instead of an ability. When I think of technique/ability I think Teresa's sensory ability, Raftela's mind hax, or Irene's quick sword. As we have seen all Claymores can suppress their yoki, it is just that Priscilla kept is suppressed.

Priscilla took on Teresa with no special ability, a few months of combat experience, and almost no experience with her limit.
Old 2011-10-20, 19:17   Link #840
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
I would not say so Shieky. Perhaps it would be better if I stated technique instead of an ability. When I think of technique/ability I think Teresa's sensory ability, Raftela's mind hax, or Irene's quick sword. As we have seen all Claymores can suppress their yoki, it is just that Priscilla kept is suppressed.

Priscilla took on Teresa with no special ability, a few months of combat experience, and almost no experience with her limit.
I think I get you better -- you were vague before when you said she had no special power.

Still, I wouldn't underestimate suppression as a whole -- this isn't character bias coming out of my mouth but, overall, it is an extremely practical core ability that usually gives you, at the very least, a slight edge over just about any opponent. That they cannot sense you, regardless if it's general or (in the case of Prissy's super-strong natural suppression) special-sensory like Teresa, makes you almost invisible and, if all else fails, you can escape without detection.

Think of how suppression has helped the Ghosts in evading Riful or fighting Agatha...it's a core ability that everyone has to at least some degree, yes, but no one can deny it's effectiveness. Priscilla was picked purely for the Slayers mission after all, only because of it -- even more so then she had the potential to surpass Teresa; if she merely had the potential, they wouldn't have even bothered.

But yes, it's not necessarily a sword technique that's unique or 'cool'; it's just a standard skill but merely natural and vastly multiplied, so I think I get what you were trying to say.