AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-09, 08:22   Link #821
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

This episode is great and everything with a solid development on Kureha's character...

...But what really sticks with me was the discovery that Masamune is living in a haunted house ?! And Jirou didn't notice anything when he was here before ?!

I think we're still on Volume 5, so next episode might be the Suzutsuki revelation...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 10:48   Link #822
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This episode is great and everything with a solid development on Kureha's character...

...But what really sticks with me was the discovery that Masamune is living in a haunted house ?! And Jirou didn't notice anything when he was here before ?!

I think we're still on Volume 5, so next episode might be the Suzutsuki revelation...
Haunted house with some of the most horrifying ghosts in Japanese horror movie history.... how the heck did Usami survived????

Wrestling moves: Vertical Suplexes, Figure 4 Leg Lock, Belly to Belly suplex, Ankle Lock.... when is my Stone Cold Stunner coming?
Old 2011-09-09, 11:04   Link #823
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

They should enact a law on Older brother abuse.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 11:10   Link #824
EroKing

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Kureha made Jirou what he is

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-09-09 at 11:48.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 13:50   Link #825
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

i cant read japanese so if you're gonna give out hints from the novels use spoilers

Well that aside im gonna go off the preview and say the next ep will have plenty of jirouxsubaru moments leading to the cliffhanger where susuki falls down the stairs and subaru fails to catch her....leading to subaru getting faired hence for a stupid big last episode ending that shows lately have been doing since they are so damn cheap to give these shows 2 cours (i think thats the word for it) instead of 1
Old 2011-09-09, 13:59   Link #826
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I LOL'd my ASS off when they were showing the flashback of Kureha on the swing and after Jirou came for her she gave him a hug, then immediately gave him a belly-to-belly suplex and continued doing other painful wrestling moves while shouting "KNEEE-SAAN" in a cute, but slightly annoying high-pitched voice . Her wrestling the bear was also adorable as hell(i imagine that bear has had a REAL hard life since ). Lil' Kureha is the cutest thing to grace this show X03!

Oh, and did anyone not pay attention to this:
Spoiler for img:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:19   Link #827
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ did you notice she wore the same tights years on?

yeah, this episode cracked me up a TON. like Kureha scared of scary stories. or Kureha using Jiro as a practice dummy. or Suzustuki doing her best tsundere expression. or everyone thinking Jiro has issues because of the video game. haha..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 14:22   Link #828
Jenesay

Pretty meh episode imo, although it's great, compared to the tidal wave of shitty harems out there. It's the little things that makes this show, fooling the game creators club with the tsundere act was golden, well that and the background posters of other animes (hell, the Kampfer girls looked way hotter that anything in this anime, bar Suzutsuki ofc) plus the "heh" act when the job was done.

Was that a homage to KissXSis I saw there btw, the teacher + Ako and Riko? Nicely done. I've must have missed it in ep 9.
Jenesay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 15:45   Link #829
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I am fully aware that Oujo-sama's tsundere girly-flounce is a rotten, dirty trap. I don't care. I'm going for it.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 16:04   Link #830
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Happy birthday Kureha. Lol at the ghost in Usami's apartment. Even better her an Narumi acted out the story. Suzutsuki's game looked fun. Even Jirou remembered, glad he took the initiative to not make the same mistake.
Old 2011-09-09, 19:34   Link #831
User68604
Disabled By Request

comedy wise...GREAT EPISODE!!

i laff very hard every time kureha went, ahem, "affection" mode and beat up jirou

the birthday song was awesome too....i want that!
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-09, 21:06   Link #832
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Kanade brithday and she still beats on Jirou even when he give her a present
Old 2011-09-09, 21:09   Link #833
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Happy birthday, Kureha

All those intermissions where she talks about previous birthdays were quite funny. It also shows that she used her Nii-san for "training" at every possible opportunity

Also, it seems the only difference between her treatment of her Nii-san last year and this year is that she screamed "baka" last year (when he forgot) and "daisuki" this year. Her wrestling moves were pretty much all the same (and probably were always all the same, going by her recounts).

Oh, and she did a really great job ripping that ugly, ubergay pink t-shirt to shreds, it was such an eyesore

Screenshots from episode 10 here on my homepage:
http://pantsudaisuki.wordpress.com/2...-10/#more-2525
Old 2011-09-09, 21:38   Link #834
kitten320

Really nice episode, loled at the game part with Usami since it is based on a story which can be seen in Aoi Bungaku series XD

Though next episode looks far more promising, can't wait for it
Old 2011-09-10, 02:40   Link #835
Sumeragi
Banned

Looking at the calendar right before the OP, the birthday was on August 28th, 2011.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 04:07   Link #836
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I can't believe i managed to understand that "Spider's Thread" reference in the end...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 04:23   Link #837
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I can't believe i managed to understand that "Spider's Thread" reference in the end...
Why? That was pretty blatant.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 04:39   Link #838
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Not the reference itself. It's just that I rarely ever get references to specific aspects of Japanese culture because I'm generally ignorant of them.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-12, 00:29   Link #839
bigdeath

What reference? lol
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:20   Link #840
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--I remember hearing about that story about the thread of a spider, but I don't know much of the details so I'm not going to go off on that

And, I'm fabulously late gentlemen, so my Episode 10 thoughts go right here. But I came in here to point everyone to the Episode 11 preview that just went up. Seriously, look at it.

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Kureha made Jirou what he is
Oh no, it's definitely the bear's fault. Jirou should never have given Kureha that bear as a gift, that enabled the young Kureha to train against an inanimate object, preparing her for the showdown with a "live target"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Also, it seems the only difference between her treatment of her Nii-san last year and this year is that she screamed "baka" last year (when he forgot) and "daisuki" this year. Her wrestling moves were pretty much all the same (and probably were always all the same, going by her recounts).
The same moves lol. Looks like momma needs to come back home and teach her new tricks (still a little disappointed we didn't get to see her mom in this ep. It was the perfect opportunity! )

Oh, I didn't get to check, but tell me Kureha's "Guten morgen" wasn't subtitled. That deserves to be left raw
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, gender bender, harem, light novel adaptation, reverse trap, romance, shounen